InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ To Start a War ❯ Chapter 2

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 2
 
“Miroku, where are you taking me?” Miroku sighted and pushed Kagome's shoulders harder forcing her to look forward so she wouldn't trip and fall on their way to the frozen yogurt shop. Of course Kagome didn't know they were going for frozen yogurt, and in the big picture probably didn't want to go for frozen yogurt in the first place. Probably didn't want to look at the particular building; but only because of what happened there a year three months ago. That wonderful day in February; involving string, a screw driver, caution tape and melted frozen yogurt (which Miroku decided tasted much worse than actual frozen yogurt).
 
But what else could you expect from the brilliant dog demon that is Sesshomaru Tashio? As much as Miroku knew he wouldn't enjoy what Kagome would do to him when she found out where he was taking her, he knew everything would eventually work out in the end. That would be if his plan didn't completely backfire instead… huh…
 
“Somewhere you'll probably hate me for at first, but after a while I think you might forgive me.” Kagome planted her feet firmly on the ground forcing Miroku to stop pushing her or make her fall over. Her eyes widened as the thought of places she would ever hate to go back to. Looking quickly to the nearest street sign her widened even more before looking at the monk in serious worry.
 
“You wouldn't…”
 
“Now Kagome, remember we need to put Sesshomaru in his place and this is the only place they agreed to be because it's their weekly yogurt place. And today is their yogurt day. And this is the only time we both aren't busy and I figured that you wouldn't want to meet new alliances by yourself because you aren't usually a very sociable person when meeting new people.”
 
“Miroku…”
 
“Sorry Kagome, but if we're really going to get back at Sesshomaru need help, and I know these guys can help! Please!” Kagome stood there, lips pursed, trying to remove her hands from Miroku's tight grip.
 
After several moments of no answer, Miroku started to lose hope that they would lose the war without even making a dent in Sesshomaru's life. He loosened his grip on her hands and dropped his head, but Kagome only held his hands tighter making him glance up at his friend. “Fine, But if I see any caution tape anywhere, we're leaving.”
 
Miroku grinned, “Of course, of course.” And he adjusted his grip on her hands, pulling her down the street, several blocks to go.
 
Kagome followed quietly, wondering if she'd made a wrong decision about going for frozen yogurt. But she decided to play along anyways. “Who are we asking for help from?”
 
“You've definitely seen them before; hard to miss they are.” He scratched his chin contemplating how to let her know who they were without actually telling her who they were. He was absolutely positive that Kagome didn't hate the Yu-Yu Gang -as they were affectionately referred to at school- but he was pretty sure she didn't like them very much either.
 
She was completely convinced Sesshomaru had them help with the frozen yogurt incident; claiming that when she walked in the door Yusuke pointed at her and whispered something to Kurama and Kuwabara while Hiei nodded. After everything had unfolded, Yusuke and Kuwabara laughed the hardest while Kurama tried to shut them up. Miroku was sure Kagome had gone out of her way several times to avoid them.
 
“Miroku, is there a chance I'll be even more frustrated with you than I already am when this is finished?”
 
“There is a distinct possibility. Although you must remember I'm doing this for the good of the war.”
 
Kagome didn't get a chance to reply as Miroku puller her quickly around the corner, where their fate awaited them. The Frozen Yogurt Shop, her third least favorite place in the world; along with the café on 3rd street and Sesshomaru's bedroom. Worst places she could ever imagine being again. But after the meeting today, it could rise to the top of the `Worst Places Ever' list, depending on who they go to meet and if they're willing to help or not.
 
The duo quickly crossed the street and Miroku held the door open for his female friend. Kagome poked her head in the door enough to take in the whole inside of the store. Upon seeing no caution tape taped to the register and no screw drivers next to the door on the floor. She stood up straight and Miroku smiled innocently as he placed his hand on her butt, making her jump forward yelling a small string of profanities and turn around to slap him.
 
Kagome looked at the male in frustration, Miroku smiled in response, “Frozen Yogurt, Kagome? I'll pay.” She glared and pushed her finger in his face, Miroku took a step back lying against the glass window to avoid her Monk induced wrath.
 
“Say anything about that to anyone ever, and you will not be able to eat frozen yogurt for the next year. Am I understood?” He nodded meekly; breaking eye contact by scanning the room for the faces that he knew would be there.
 
“Now, Kagome, you know that I would only do this if completely necessary and I know you aren't particularly fond of them, but please give them a chance. Or give us a chance to explain why we need their help. Please?” Miroku pointed to a table, and Kagome nodded; eyes following the invisible line that Miroku pointed out. Her head stopped in mid-nod.
 
“OH, No!”
 
“Kagome…”
 
“NO! You absolutely know how much I don't trust them! I can't believe you!”
 
“You promised, Kagome. Go over there with me or I'll have the school print an article about the yogurt incident and what happened in the café. We'll call it `Sesshomaru Tashio and Kagome Higurashi, Lovers in Denial'. It would be the best selling issue yet.”
 
“You wouldn't…”
 
“I would, you know how I helped in Inuyasha's `outing' last year.”
 
Kagome scowled, knowing he would do it. “I'll sit down, but I don't have to talk.”
 
Miroku smiled. “That's all I was asking for.” He grabbed her arm gently and led her to the table across the room. He released her arm when he got there, noticing that Yusuke started to whisper to Kuwabara while looking at Kagome. A quick glance at his friend told him she'd also notice. He pulled out a chair for her and pushed her shoulders so she would sit.
 
“Kurama, Kuwabara, Hiei, Yusuke.” He said in greeting, sitting himself down next to his pouting friend.
 
Kurama smiled in greeting, “Miroku, Kagome. Nice to see you today.”
 
“I thank you for agreeing to meet with us today.” Miroku said seriously.
 
“Of course, though we do wonder why you requested to speak with us on such short notice.” Kurama took another bite of his strawberry frozen yogurt. Glancing over his shoulder at Yusuke and Kuwabara, he barely let it register that they were having a yogurt eating contest, seeing who could eat more without getting a brain freeze.
 
“We,” Miroku felt a sharp jab to his gut and quickly changed his story. “I am asking for your help.”
 
The entire Yu Yu Gang fell silent to stare at the Monk.
 
Hiei glared at the both of them. “Explain.” He said gruffly.
 
“Of course.” Miroku agreed. “You were all at my trial yesterday? Then you would remember Kagome and Sesshomaru's rather loud conversation, since it was such a hard thing to miss.” Kurama nodded at his question. “Well, we started the war last night, but things didn't go quite as we had hoped. Shortly after the plan failed, I decided that we needed help to bring Sesshomaru down, and the ever popular Yu Yu Gang came to mind.”
 
Yusuke swallowed his yogurt. “So why do you need our help?”
 
“In short, when it comes to Sesshomaru, we don't quite think things all the way through.” Miroku replied, twisting his finger in nervousness. “We need, excuse me, I need someone around who would help plan things out so that they actually work, that's when you came to mind, Kurama. And executing any plan would be easier with competent help, instead of just Inuyasha.” Yusuke coughed to hide a laugh but was still hit on the head by Kuwabara.
 
“Shut up, Yusuke! I'm sure he's smarter that he lets on.” He said the last part to Miroku, and Kagome laughed loudly.
 
“Right, I'm sure he is.” Miroku nodded at his companion and the Yu Yu's looked at them wondering if the second son of Inu Tashio was really that stupid.
 
Kurama was knocked out of his stupor when Miroku cleared his throat to get their attention. “Perhaps if you told us of you previous attempt of revenge we would understand more clearly what you mean.” He suggested.
 
“We um…” Miroku looked at Kagome questioningly and her response was a look that said `I don't care what you say. I could take Sesshomaru down all by my self.' He shook his head in frustration, “We had decided to change the locks to his house, but forgot to account for the fact that he enters that house everyday from the garage.” There was a moment of silence before quieted laughter was heard.
 
“Did you take into account the fact that the person you're trying to get back at is a demon? One that is the son of a General?” Hiei gruffly said, and eyebrow rose in their direction thinking all three of them were idiots, not just the half demon.
 
Miroku looked slightly offended, “As I said before, we tend to leave details out where Sesshomaru is concerned. Not our best strategy, I admit. That being said I ask once again for your help.”
 
Yusuke immediately spoke up, “I'll help, sounds like fun.”
 
“I'm better than Yusuke! I'll be of even more help!” Kuwabara shouted.
 
Miroku nodded, not really caring if they helped. Together they were about as helpful as one Inuyasha, what the entire war depended on was the involvement of Kurama and Hiei. Glancing to Kagome he noticed that she was in an intense glaring battle with the short demon, Kurama spoke next.
 
“I'd like to try and be of some assistance with this particular matter, Hiei?” Hiei glanced to Kurama quickly then back to Kagome, seeming to quickly size the girl up. He nodded quickly the turned to stare out the window. Kurama smiled at the two. “Now the next order of business is to decide when we should come up with a plan. Are you available for much longer today?” He asked politely.
 
Miroku reached over and covered Kagome mouth before she could speak up; knowing that she would only say that she needed to leave immediately. “I know that we're both free for the rest of the afternoon.”
 
“Fantastic. Now, what is Sesshomaru attached to?”
 
Kagome grinned; finally willing to cooperate with Yu Yu Gang in common interest of ruining Sesshomaru's life.
 
156848621261234567899873654321
 
Sesshomaru sat in his chair grabbing his phone out of his pocket and quickly dialing the number off the small piece of paper an informant had given him that morning. After three rings, a voice answered.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Houjo, I need those letters you offered me the other day. And I think you should write some more. She should know how much you love her.”
 
Houjo gasped, “Really Sesshomaru?! You'll help me win her love?!”
 
The Dog Demon smirked. “Of course Houjo, of course.”
 
 
Oh no! What could Sesshomaru be planning to do? Well I can't really ask myself that question because I already know the answer… Well, what could the combined powers of a couple hot guys and Kagome do? Guess I can't ask myself that either. Shucks.
 
Bruce n' Charlie