InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Truth Be Told ❯ Chapter 21: Preparation ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: (pointed look) I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho or Inuyasha. I do own the plot and any OC's.
Chapter 21: Preparation
“Okay Kagome, your turn to draw!” Kira says happily, holding up the old top hat they found in the storage shed.
Ayame had come up with the idea to draw days out of a hat in order to figure out when they’ll train. Shippou suggested looking in the storage house for something. Little Kira was the one to find the hat, and she had gleefully put in on and paraded around the storage shed. Hana had to practically wrestle the hat from the young fox demon’s grasp. Kouga wound up having to help her by grabbing the hat as Kira ran past.
After they finally put a bunch of strips and paper with different dates for training on it into the hat, Shippou drew the first day from the hat; April 12. Then Kagura drew the next day; April 31. And so on and so on.
When they all drew dates at least once for school days, Ayame puts the hat aside and lays the chart flat down on the small table they’re all crowded around.
“Alright, now that we’ve got our schedule half figured out, we can decide who’s training who and when.” Ayame says. “Hana, you can help Kagome with youki manifestation and her priestess powers. Kouga, I believe you have been wanting to spar with Miroku in order to get his speed up. I can help Shippou with illusions and Kagome with her nature attacks.” She looks around at the group. “What about you, Kagura? Who are you going to train with.”
Kagura, who’s sitting away from the rest of the group, doesn’t even open her eyes to answer. “No one here is even close to being of my skill level. I’ll have to go to the Makai to train with Sesshoumaru’s top soldiers as I always do.”
Ayame and Kouga stare at the thin wind sorceress. ‘She trains with the top soldiers…?’
Kira tugs on Hana’s shirt. “I can train with Shippou, right mommy?”
Hana nods. “Of course. You two can share tricks and techniques. I’m sure you both can teach one another something. Shippou can show you the lost kitsune tricks that were used five-hundred years ago and you can show him the new kitsune tricks. How’s that sound?”
Kira happily nods. “Okay!” She chirps.
Ayame quickly draws a table on her paper. “Alright, now we need to make a schedule.”
The schedule takes about ten minutes to make, because no one could decide when to train. Finally they decided. In the morning for an hour, Kagome will train with Kouga, Sango will train with Ayame, Shippou will train with Kira, and Miroku will train with Hana. That hour will be warm-ups in which they practice in different area’s.
Next, Ayame paired up with Kagome to help her with nature attacks and speed, Miroku paired up with Kouga to learn how to use a katana, Sango paired up with Kira, who will teach her how to use different plants for poison, rendering demons unconscious, and a couple of other things, and Shippou paired up with Hana, who will help him with speed, endurance, and manifesting youki.
Everyone gets paired with everybody at least once, and there are some days scheduled for group or double sparring. Kagura tells them she’ll spar with them on those days, and help them with anything they need help with.
Kouga smirks once the schedule is finished. “So,” He rubs his hands together. “Guess when we’re starting!”
“Now?” Sango asks in disbelief.
“Why not?” Kouga asks. “Now’s perfect. C’mon, Kagome.” He takes Kagome’s wrist and gently pulls her out of the shed.
Ayame sighs. “Kouga’s right for once. The sooner we get to training, the better.” She turns to Kagura. “Will you be going to the Makai or staying here to watch?”
“I’m going to the Makai for a while. I’ll be back in time for dinner.” Kagura says as she walks out.
Ayame nods, as they watch the wind sorceress walk out, before turning to the others. “Kouga’s got the right idea. We really do need to get to work.”
The next few months are spent in training for both Team Shikon and Team Urameshi, but each team has differences in training. While team Shikon has a schedule so that Kagome, Sango, Miroku, and Shippou can keep up in school, Team Urameshi does not. Yusuke went to Genkai’s to train, while Hiei went to the Makai and Kurama and Kuwabara trained out in the woods.
For both teams, the few months they had passed by quickly and before they knew it, it was time to head out to the new location for the Dark Tournament. (Seeing as how in the previous year Hanging Neck island was destroyed.) Instead of being in the human world like it was last year, this time the tournament is held in a remote area of the Makai. Soon the time came for them to go to the island.