InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Zuiichi Takara ❯ Chapter 2: Missing ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/n: I’m so happy people seem to like this story, I too enjoyed writing it. I do hope to continue to receive the positive response for this story!

*Zuiichi Takara*

By: Kage Otome


Chapter 2: Missing

By the gods above she was gorgeous.

In all his years he’d never seen such beauty. And he’d seen his fair share of women. Women who came to court if only to catch a fleeting glimpse at him. Women who threw themselves at him because he was wealthy, gorgeous and a prince. Superficial women. But not one had caught his eye like she had. Briefly he wondered if he would ever see her again. It was just something about her that had him hooked. It was not so much she was beautiful as it was she was different. Some youkai he’d met could possibly match her beauty, but something about her just clicked.

That feeling you get inside when your heart flutters in your chest in pain and pleasure all at the same time. When your heart flutters at something so sad and beautiful. She gave him that feeling. Like she was everything he ever wanted but knew he could never have. Everything about her screamed to his senses. She was dangerous. He’d spent not one hour in her presence but he knew, oh he knew if she so wished it he’d be dead. A woman who held that kind of power was both terrifying and awe inspiring.

But throughout the mess called his mind one thought rang perfectly clear.

‘I have to see her again.’
--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------

Smirking predatorily she stalked her prey with astounding accuracy. He had no idea what hit him until he was laying spread-eagle on the ground with her straddling his waist, her tail flaring behind her much like a happy puppy. Growling playfully at him she nipped his jaw. Suddenly a wicked gleam entered her eyes, he shivered wondering just what was going through her head.

Swiftly she began to tickle his sensitive spots. No one could’ve ever guessed that, he, Kuronue one of the most feared thieves was ticklish. He was. Very. Studying her movements through half-lidded eyes filled with humor and pleasure he deftly caught her hands in his own larger ones. Pouting at her spoiled fun Kagome resembled a small child who’d just been told she couldn’t have dessert unless she ate her vegetables.

“Come on Kuronue. I’m so bored. It’s been two days since the mission and there’s nothing to do.” Kagome whined.

Leaning up catching her off guard he kissed her soundly. Moaning softly she responded with vigor attacking his mouth with her own lips and tongue. Then it was his turn to moan. Kissing him she coaxed his mouth open, he was so very delicious. As the two broke away panting and flushed pink she grinned showing a fang, a wicked promise in her eye.

“Mm. You taste delicious.” Kuronue said wrapping his muscular arms around her small, lithe body.

“As do you, darling.”

As they were about to share another kiss one of their subordinates burst into the clearing that was their sanctuary. There was nothing soft about this toushin. He was handsome in a rugged sort of way with black hair and cocky chocolate brown eyes with an arrogant stance.

“Kuronue, Kagome.” He panted clearly out of breath. Both stood composing themselves.

“Yes Yusuke.” Kagome’s honey smooth voice floated through the air.

“There’s this kid here, he wanted to talk to you.” Yusuke spoke.

“A kid? You’re certain.”

At his nod Kagome’s lips pulled into a slight frown.

“Where is this kid?”

“In the foyer.”

“Thank you, Yusuke.”

The only evidence that she’d been there had been the swift gust of wind blowing past his face. Kuronue followed behind her discussing the difference between silver kitsunes and kage kitsunes with Yusuke. Yusuke who had joined there little band a little over a year ago. Somewhere down the land one of his ancestors had been youkai and passed that onto Yusuke who was then disowned. Kuronue and Kagome had come upon him half-dead and decided to take him in rather then kill him.
------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------

Standing nervously in the foyer to Kagome’s large hideaway castle he began to fidget even more. ‘Should I have gone somewhere else? Where else would I have gone? I wonder what she’s going to say when she sees me here.’ Wincing the young male almost flinched at the soft greeting from the ever elusive mystery that was Kagome.

“Hello.” She greeted the boy politely not quite sure what to make of him.

She was positive she did not recognize the boy. At least by appearances.

Taking a discreet sniff of the air her mind immediately placed the scent.

“Kohaku?!”

“Hello Kagome-san.”

She blinked unsure of what exactly to do.

“Is there a reason you sought me out Kohaku?”

The tajiya winced.

“It’s Sango.” Her blood ran cold.

Had something happened to her? Was she sick? Dead? Kagome paled giving off a sickly impression. Sango was her friend. Although they both had started out trying to kill each other. Simply because of a misunderstanding. All was forgiven on both sides. Eventually. That had started their somewhat odd friendship. Kohaku could’ve almost sworn Sango had been attracted to Kagome. Of course at that time Sango had thought Kagome, who is a female was a male kitsune.

Some stupid fool had convinced Sango that Kagome was a demon running rampant, terrorizing, killing and raping innocents. That was a lie. For one Kagome would never sink so low as to do something so dishonorable. And another, Kagome wouldn’t have to rape anyone if she wanted to have sex with them. That was the plain simple truth that Kagome had told Sango, flooring her.

Their tentative friendship turned into something everlasting over time. Trust, honesty and love bound them together. The love of family. Family. What a foreign word that had been to her before Sango. Before Kuronue. Before her little band of thieves. Now they were all that really mattered.

“What’s happened?”

“She hasn’t returned from her last mission which should’ve been completed a week ago. I’m worried.” Kagome frowned. It wasn’t like Sango to be late to return home. If she was held up she would have sent word by Kirara or some other means. Something must’ve happened. She could be hurt, or lost, or Sangonapped, or... Or. Or...The possibilities were endless.

“Come on Kohaku. “

Kagome turned and walked out the front entrance startling Kohaku for a moment before he sprinted to catch up to her. Tugging on her fighting kimono, he paused to catch his breath before asking her where they were going.

“To find Sango.”

“Do you know where her last mission was?”

Kagome almost faltered for a moment before composing herself. Pasting a sheepish smirk on her face. She shrugged. She had no idea. Damn. Now she felt stupid.

“Her last mission was near the Eastern citadel.” Kagome and the recently arrived Kuronue froze.

‘Well Hell.’

A/n: The next chapter should be out sometime within two days. It will probably be done in 1st POV and switch over after a border. But if I’m late, I’m terribly sorry but I do have other stories I should be working on. Hope you enjoyed it!