InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Zuiichi Takara ❯ Chapter 4: Poisoned ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/n: Okay everyone here’s another chapter of Zuiichi Takara, enjoy.

“Talking telepathically”

‘thoughts’


------Ch ange of POV or Scene.

*Zuiichi Takara*

By: Kage Otome

Chapter 4: Poisoned


Something was amiss.

It was to quiet.

I looked around with shifty eyes. This wasn’t right. Something was going to happen. We were either being spied on, or about to be attacked. Or both. I really didn’t like the feeling I was getting. It was that feeling that told the little hairs on the back of your neck to stand up. And it was making me nervous. Very nervous.

“Kagome.”

“So you’ve felt it too.”

“Yeah.”

“What do you suppose it is?” I asked looking up at Kuronue.

“I have no idea.”

‘Very helpful Kuronue.’ I thought sarcastically.

And then we were attacked.

-------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------

Kuro nue and Kagome took immediate action. Kohaku however stood behind them, loathe to get in their way. Getting in their way would be a very big mistake that he was to smart to make. Kagome slashed through a male kitsune youkai with no remorse. Kuronue came around to the left of her beheading another youkai with his scythe. On each of their attackers left chest they bore a marking, a crest. Of the Eastern Lord. Just peachy.

Kohaku was caught unaware as a female kitsune attacked him from behind, Kagome snarled slashing at her, she was however unprepared for the dart to her chest, she howled in pain while killing the potion maker. They’d been planning this. Meanwhile in a tree not to far away from them were two beings, Lord Youko, and Lord Sesshoumaru, they were darting towards the scene, trying to discern what was going on.

One thing was certain--those soldiers attacking Kuronue, Kagome and Kohaku, were not part of the Royal Guard.

They were impostors.

------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------

 220;They weren’t part of the Royal Guard.” Kagome said her voice clearly strained.

“What do you mean? They had the crest right---”

“The Eastern Lord, is adamant about not using potion makers on his guard. Fear of assassination and shit, besides, there is only one female in the Royal Guard, and she--” Kagome pointed to the dead body of a female red kitsune, “is not her.”

“Oh.” Kuronue paused, “How do you know that?”

He shot her a suspicious glance.

“I’ve seen her around a bit.”

“You slept with her!” He exclaimed his jealousy apparent to everyone but her.

No. I slept with her brother!” She sniffed indignantly.

Kohaku snorted. Kagome groaned in agony as the pain hit her once again, her body going into convulsions. Kuronue and Kohaku both turned worried glances towards her, not quite sure what to do. None of them had any experience with poisons, at least not of this caliber, and giving her anything other then the cure could prove to be fatal.

They needed to get help.

Fast.

--------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two hours later found them near a stream where Kohaku was gathering water to help cleanse her wounds. Kuronue was worried, Kagome’s condition had not improved in the slightest. In fact she seemed to be getting worse with every minute that passed by, he was so worried he’d been unaware of the two powerful youkai trailing them.

Kagome was pasty and covered in sweat, her breathing was labored and shallow, it was obvious she was in great pain, the way her face scrunched up and her breathing hitched, the way her fists clenched and eyes squinted as if she couldn’t see. Kohaku returned with the water, quickly heating it up to kill all the bacteria, after that was complete he cleaned her wounds while Kohaku tended to cleaning the dart wound around her chest. The dart that had penetrated her must’ve been pretty wide considering it left a small hole in her chest.

“Kuronue?” Her voice came out weak and strained.

“Kagome?”

She coughed out blood.

She was a wreck, her normally well groomed, silky locks were disheveled and drenched, her eyes unfocused and bleary, her lips chapped and her soft kitsune ears laid against her head. Even her tail was suffering, staying drooped behind her lacking it’s playfulness. She lifted a clawed hand before dropping it on his lap.

“We’re being hunted.”

--------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Kuronue was alert and tense. Kohaku stood guarding Kagome’s other side his chain sickle out and ready. A bunch of well trained warriors, most likely rogues, arose from the forests, Kuronue didn’t wait for them to attack. Kohaku killed as many as he could, but he was eventually overwhelmed with the numbers. Unknown to him or anyone else was Kagome, rising, forcing herself up, much to the surprise of their two trailers. Pushing herself she moved as quickly as she could, which wasn’t very fast, but quickly enough to push Kohaku out of the way of a swinging sword that would have most assuredly kill him.

The sword pierced Kagome’s side causing her to snarl at him. She in a last attempt to save Kohaku and herself transformed. As the dark violet blue light faded in Kagome’s place stood a very large fox, a very large, angry fox that clearly could not stand right. She plopped herself down, smashing them with her large size, paying no heed to their weapons, they were mere annoyances. She was weak. She needed to recuperate. Seeing Kuronue all by himself she curled her tail around Kohaku before, lifting her paw slightly and swiping at them weakly, she sent them flying into the trees.

She was large for a female fox in her true form, about 3/4 the size of Sesshoumaru in his true form, however her form slowly began to shrink to that of a slightly larger than average fox. She was too weak, she couldn’t keep up that form for such a long while on so little energy. Kagome barked weakly trying to revert to her humanoid form, but remained in her small fox form, unable to. She was stuck until she got her energy back.

Damn.

--------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Go.”

“We’re not going to leave you here.”

“You have no choice.”

“You could die!”

“I’m dying anyway, Kuronue. I need a healer.”

“We can’t just leave you.”

“You have too, you won’t make it to a healer if you take me, if you take me, I’ll die before we get there.”

“But--”

“Go.”
< br> “We’ll be back soon.”

“You better.”

--------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------------
-

A/n: Yes, not very good, but the next chapter will be better, I promise! Because I know what I’m going to do! Please tell me what you think, suggestions and comments are welcomed and appreciated.