InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ #1 Crush Songfic ❯ #1 Crush Songfic ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes: Unfortunately, these guys don't belong to me. I just took them out to play for a while. I make nothing off this except my own pleasure. Inu Yasha reflects on his newly realized, slightly obsessive, feelings for Kagome while waiting for her to come back from the future. PG rating. “#1 Crush” is by the band Garbage and all rights apply to them.
 
 
#1 Crush
 
I would die for you
I would die for you
I've been dying just to feel you by my side
To know that you're mine
 
Inu Yasha waited for Kagome at the Bone Eater's well. She had been gone for only a short time, but he was already anxious to see her again. Their last demon encounter had been hard on their little traveling party. Sango was currently recuperating from a nasty knock on the head that left her woozy and disorientated for hours later. Kagome said it was a concussion. Miroku had taken a tail swipe to the back while trying to drag an unconscious Sango from the demons' path and the poison spines of the demon had been difficult and painful to remove.
 
Kagome would have become demon food if Inu Yasha hadn't stepped in front of the attack meant for her. He would have gladly died for Kagome. Now, he felt only half alive as he waited for her to come back to him. She was his to protect and cherish. His injuries were as nothing as long as she remained unhurt.
 
I will cry for you
I will cry for you
I will wash away your pain with all my tears
And drown your fears
 
Kagome had initially been knocked out from the impact of Inu Yasha's body into hers. For one chilling moment, he had thought he had been too late to save her. A fist had squeezed his chest with unbearable pain. Tears pooled in his eyes at the thought that she could possibly be gone from his world permanently.
 
His tears fell on her face and when she moaned softly in pain, sweet relief had rushed through his system. He would suffer any pain for Kagome and hugged her quickly before turning to take on the demon who had tried to take Kagome from him. He didn't let the fear in her eyes for his safety or his injuries stop him from his mad, full-frontal attack on the demon.
 
I will pray for you
I will pray for you
I will sell my soul for something pure and true
Someone like you
 
Inu Yasha prayed that Kagome wouldn't be much longer. If his injuries hadn't been so serious, he would have bullied Kagome into allowing him to come with her. Inu Yasha knew Kagome was upset over his injuries and he felt a tiny flame of warmth in his chest from her concern. He loved her. He knew he had for a long time now. What he had with Kikiyo was not like this nearly overpowering love he felt for Kagome. He would sell his soul to have Kagome's love.
 
See your face every place that I walk in
Hear your voice every time that I'm talking
You will believe in me
And I will never be ignored
 
Everywhere he went, he saw her face. Every time he closed his eyes at night, it was her voice he heard whispering to him from his dreams. She believed in him and a goodness that only she seemed able to see. She didn't want to change him. She had never ignored him as someone beneath her attention. She accepted him for who and what he was. Inu Yasha thought that it was then that he realized he loved Kagome with his entire being.
 
I will burn for you
Fell pain for you
I will twist the knife and bleed my aching heart
And tear it apart
 
He would do anything to keep Kagome safe. Now that he had admitted to himself how he felt about Kagome, he burned for her. It was an almost physical pain to be parted from her. He wanted her with every cell in his body. He wasn't ready to say any of this to her yet. It would twist a knife in his heart and tear him apart if she didn't return his declaration of love. So he wanted and waited for her in silence and heated looks.
 
I will lie for you
Beg and steal for you
I will crawl on hands and knees until you see
You're just like me
 
He was willing to do whatever he had too to show Kagome, without actually saying, how he felt. Lie, beg, steal, it didn't matter. If she wanted him to crawl on hands and knees, then he'd do that too. As long as she came to realize that she felt the same as he did. He knew she loved him. She just hadn't realized it yet.
 
Violate all the love that I'm missing
Throw away all the pain that I'm living
You will believe in me
And I can never be ignored
 
He had tasted the possibility of love with Kagome and he knew what he had been missing. Having Kagome's love would take away all the pain he felt at being an unworthy, unloved hanu. She believed in him and Inu Yasha just knew that she loved him as much as he loved her. She just hadn't admitted it to herself yet. He couldn't let her ignore his feelings for her.
 
I would die for you
I would kill for you
I will steal for you
I'd do time for you
I will wait for you
I'd make room for you
I'd sail ships for you
To be close to you
To be part of you
`Cause I believe in you
I believe in you
I would die for you
 
Inu Yasha watched Kagome come out of the well and walk towards him. His heart thumped painfully in his chest as he watched her. He would die for her, had killed to protect her. He would wait for her because he had no other option. He had to be close to her. He wanted to be a part of her. He believed she would one day soon tell him she loved him. But even if she never did, he would still die for her.