InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 'Brother of Mine' ❯ Getting Use to... ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chappy 2! Whee! Again this is a role-play so there are 2 authors. Enjoy and drop a comment afterwards!

`Brother of Mine'

Chapter 2 `getting use to…'

The hanyou sat where he had slumped to the ground and watched Sesshoumaru walk away and enter the cool autumn waters of the lake. He turned to face the lake where the older youkai was. He watched him silently sitting with his hands on the forest floor in front of him. He admired Sesshoumaru's graceful personage. Every feature about him seemed to be perfect. The hanyou felt far inferior to the youkai in every way. Inu yasha tilted his head curiously to the side as Sesshoumaru turned to look at him. He was unable to read his older brothers expression. After staring into the golden eyes he quickly looked away to the side with a quite moan. As he looked toward the ground he wondered if it was wrong of him to watch. Strangely, he felt embarrassed over the situation. Inu yasha's ears twitched in small movements on top his head.

Sesshoumaru shrugged inwardly and turned his attention back on cleaning himself. He sank into the soothing water exposing nothing but his head. He let forth a quiet sigh. The water was soothing indeed. His hands rose to trail through his rather matted silver locks. He began immediately to untangle the mess, running his hands through the silky fibers with diligent hands. His lids slid closed as he caressed his scalp his clawed fingertips causing chill bumps to rise down his neck. He thought momentarily how nice it was having two arms again. It had been rather awkward not only bathing, but doing several other things with only one arm. He sank beneath the undulating surface finding the water getting deeper and deeper until his height did not protrude the surface. He looked up to the strange abstracted vision of the above world, bubbles escaping ever so often from his nose. A glint caught his eyes as he floated beneath the gentle waves. His swords lay at the bottom of the embracing waters, but he only looked at them. He made no action to retrieve them. Should he ever need them again they would be here. He felt they were safe here. The swords knew their master, and they would not accept another while he lived. He drew his thoughts away from such matters, and back to the serenity of his surroundings. He rather liked the dark eternal blue of the underwater world, but knew his visits would never last longer than a few minutes. He surfaced, throwing his hair back with a whip of his head and taking in a much-needed breath of oxygen. He leisurely swam back to the shallows and began to wipe himself down in an attempt to remove any grunge that hadn't washed away in his dive. He subconsciously kept a watchful eye on the hanyou.

Inu yasha still somehow felt uneasy. He could feel that he was being watched. He was happy to have a companion... but only wished that being around Sesshoumaru wasn't so awkward... His thoughts were distracted as his long unfed stomach began to growl. He put a hand over it and scratched the back of his head with his other hand feeling somewhat dumb. "Heh heh..." His stomach growled louder. It had been so long since he had eaten. He had been so depressed that he had no desire to eat, and even when he did feel hungry he would only ignore his pains and move on. Now his stomach growled furiously. His half human body needed food and he had withheld it for too long. He only now noticed that he had thinned as he looked down at his arm that was exposed as his sleeve was slid away. Inu yasha glanced over at Sesshoumaru as the thought passed him that he had never seen the youkai eat. He wondered if he even needed to eat. He let out a sigh and crawled down the shore a little further from Sesshoumaru thinking about what he could eat. He glanced at the lake and decided that it was fitting to eat fish. The hanyou laid Tetsusaiga and its scabbard near the shore. He stood up untying his sash and dropped it onto the ground. His pants slid down his legs and onto the ground after they were released from the sash. He untied the black string that held his Hakama shut and pulled it off dropping it onto the ground. After Inu yasha removed his robes and dropped them onto the earth, the only thing that remained on him was the beaded necklace that forever remained even after its purpose had no meaning. He locked his eyes onto an area of the pound that he imagined would have a good number of large fish. He advanced toward the pond. He saw Sesshoumaru through the corner of his eye and remembered that he was always being watched. He felt awkward again, but tried to concentrate on the task at hand. He advanced into the chilling waters and walked as far as he could go until the water was too deep to take another step. The half demon began to dogpaddle toward a deeper area of the lake. The white ears pricked attentively at the waters ahead of him as he swam. His gold eyes glanced at Sesshoumaru again before he submerged into the water.

The youkai puzzled over his brother's actions for a moment before the thought hit him as to what the half-breed was up to. He thought of his own tummy as he finished up with his bathing. He hadn't eaten in nearly a week. His body could do without food for long periods but food was most defiantly needed to keep up strengths. He made a somewhat sordid look to the idea of eating fish. He much preferred the feast that many youkai enjoyed: warm-blooded flesh. He would feed himself later: perhaps while he was away from Inu yasha.

He almost frowned as the thought met him that he had to leave the nice water. He emitted a soft sound as he decided to swim over to the hanyou's area just as an excuse to stay in the water longer. He dove under and watched the hanyou struggling to catch the few odd, slippery creatures. He snatched one that darted near him, stunning it with his talons. He nearly sneered at the disgusting feeling of its slimy skin. He surfaced, holding the fish as if it were diseased. "Hanyou, I couldn't bring myself to eat this so you may take it."

Inu yasha swam through the waters of the lake pitifully trying to catch the fish that swam near him. His methods were unsound... and not very successful. He tried clawing at them or grabbing them but they merely darted away or slipped away from his possession. His ears wilted in frustration. He continued to peruse the scaly creatures that were making him look foolish. As he fumbled with catching them, he noticed his brother swim near and pierce one almost effortlessly. Inu yasha frowned as he saw Sesshoumaru surface with the fish. He felt mocked by the youkai's accomplishment and hunted more aggressively. He snapped at a fish that swam near his face and actually caught it. He blinked under the water surprised that he managed to contain the fish. It wiggled to try to escape. He sank his fangs into it to grip it and swam to the surface as he thought he heard Sesshoumaru address him. The hanyou emerged from the water face to face Sesshoumaru. His silver hair and bangs were heavy with the water they absorbed and flattened against his scalp. A grin formed across his face as he panted with the fish in his mouth. His ears stood up proud of his accomplishment. He had no idea what Sesshoumaru's reaction was, since he was blinded by his bangs. He shook his head to try to get his hair out of his face as he made circular movements with his arms to stay afloat. The fish began to flop about in his mouth. Inu yasha tried to keep a good grip on it but was taken by surprise as the tail fin smacked him on the face. He grunted and the fish somehow managed to free itself from his jaws. Inu yasha fumbled with his hands trying to recapture the fish as it flopped through the air. As he grabbed it, it repeatedly slipped out of his hands as a bar of soap would. In his clumsy act of perusing his reluctant diner, the fish shot out of his hands and flapped Sesshoumaru in the face a few times. Inu yasha's hands came after it, but seemed to keep throwing the fish back at Sesshoumaru instead of removing it. In the end the fish somehow ended up tangled in Sesshoumaru's hair. Inu yasha stared silently at his brother's unpleased reaction for a second with wide eyes. He tried to show respect for his older brother but he couldn't help but laugh. Inu yasha struggled to keep himself above the surface as he was amused by the great youkai's present state.

Sesshoumaru let out a subtle growl a calmly picked the fish from his hair, which he had worked so had to clean moments earlier, but was now soaked in fish slime. He held the live fish in one hand and the dead on in the other, squeezing the live one until it's puny little head popped off, and eyeing Inu yasha all the while, "Baka…" He then proceeded to throw both fish at his brother's face and hit quite directly. He then turned away and headed back to his prior area of bathing to wash himself again. "Baka! Baka! Baka! Baka!" He washed himself thoroughly.

Inu yasha's laughter suddenly stopped as he caught the evil look from Sesshoumaru. He watched the fish's head disconnect from the body… feeling that Sesshoumaru was threatening him in some way... He was at a loss for words and could not think of anything to say. "eh heh..." suddenly the two fish decked him in the face with surprisingly great force sending him sinking into the water. He swam to the surface raising a fish off of the water with the top of his head. He emerged in a fury, coughing up the lake water and flailing his arms about. His face was read from where the fish had hit him, but the coloration may have also had something to do with anger, "You could have killed me with a throw like that!!" he coughed again trying to catch his breath. As he coughed struggling to stay afloat the dead fish sat unnoticed in between his ears. The other fish floated near him decapitated. It's head floated separately. When the half-drowned hanyou caught his breath he looked around the water top for the other fish. He raised his hand to pull his bangs away from his eyes. A slightly uncomfortable expression came across his face as he saw the fish head drift by. He looked away from it and glared at Sesshoumaru rolling his ears back as the thought of payback crossed his mind. As he caught a glance from Sesshoumaru he turned his head away whistling, however unbeknownst to him his ears stayed rolled back, looking all the more suspicious. He glances around for the lost fish again and resigned to give up the search as he picked the headless one up in his jaws. He began to dog paddle over toward Sesshoumaru; unsure of what action he would take when he got there, "heh heh heh"

The demon lord kept a suspicious eye on the hanyou, intentionally glaring at him with a rigid bitterness, "If you try anything, pup… I'll neuter you." He chose his words so they fully delivered his message that he didn't stand with his brother's foolish games. He rose from the water, exposing himself to the hanyou without regard, before he walked up the embankment and sat down awaiting the sun's gentle heat to dry his skin before dressing himself. He eyebrows were arched in annoyance, but for some reason he felt at ease from his prior loneliness.

The hanyou growled at being referred to as a 'pup', but his growl was cut short as he heard Sesshoumaru's threat. His ears wilted and he changed his course, swimming away. He paddled through the shallower area of the lake toward the shore and crawled out. He closed his eyes and shook himself dry on his hands and knees. " Brlrlrlrlr!" Although he was a ways off from Sesshoumaru, he still managed to splatter him a good deal and as a finishing touch Inu yasha's lost fish flew off the top of his head and plopped onto Sesshoumaru's chest. Inu yasha sat up and scratched his right ear with his foot; completely oblivious to the disturbance he caused his brother.

Sesshoumaru seemed back to his old self for a moment. One eye twitched in his annoyance as he rose, ever so calmly. He walked over to the hanyou and stood over him dropping the fish in his lap, then giving him a good, hard clout over the head. "It will be a miracle if I don't kill you by sundown, hanyou." He turned away and intentionally slapped his wet hair across the half-breed's face. Then he move back to sit near his clothes rubbing his temple with a somewhat frustrated look on his face. "Maybe this was a bad idea as I had originally thought…" he mumbled, more to himself than to his brother. He reached to collect his kimono from the ground and pulled the top over his partially dry shoulders.

The hanyou looked up at Sesshoumaru curiously raising an eyebrow. He looked down at the fish dropped on him, puzzled as to where it was recovered. As he raised his view to Sesshoumaru he caught a glimpse of his hand before it knocked him senseless. The other fish fell out of his mouth as he flopped onto the ground with swirled eyes. He sat up shaking his head to recover and then was flapped in the face by the youkai's long locks as he passed. He wiped his wet throbbing face with his arm, glaring at Sesshoumaru. "ettai..." He growled agitated, as he had no idea what had possessed his brother to walk over and hit him. Infuriated he began to rise to his feet, then his ears twitched hearing Sesshoumaru's mumbled words and he paused. He turned away from the youkai in thought. Perhaps he would have normally been so heated with anger from the previous event that he would have hastily reacted without even noticing Sesshoumaru's comment, but his hunger distracted him. He grabbed the fish and ran sticks threw them and stuck them in the ground before clothing himself. He began fumbling with some rocks attempting to start a fire over some sticks. He let out a sigh as Sesshoumaru's words ran across his mind. He did not want to be alone again, but being companions with his enemy did seem ridiculous. He continued to fumble with the rocks although he began to lose his appetite.

Sesshoumaru finished dressing even though his clothes didn't get terribly clean from just being shaken out. He then turned away from Inu yasha and leapt up into a nearby tree. He settled down into it and folded his arms over his chest, looking out over the forestry with half-lidded eyes. He was having serious doubts that his brother was going to be any consolation to him at all…and he was also wondering if he was going to be able to open up enough to allow himself to offer the hanyou solace of his own. He felt somewhat at ease from the loneliness, but at the same time being with his brother made him realize that there wasn't anyone who could placate him like his adoptive daughter could. Being with Inu yasha, he realized just how alone he was, for who could ever bring themselves to fully trust him like she had. He knew his brother couldn't possibly measure up to that bond `…He doesn't understand me…'

Chapter 3 coming soon! Ps go listen to the seventh ending song for inu called `come'. Why? Because it's cool, damn it! I said so!