InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ +Like a Battery - ❯ Chapter Seventeen: ( Chapter 17 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

+Like a Battery-
 
 
 
 
 
By: RisuBento
 
 
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing but the plot of this story.
 
 
 
 
 
Chapter Seventeen:
 
 
 
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
 
 
 
Sesshoumaru inhaled a shaky breath and cupped his wife's face with trembling hands.
 
 
"Is it…is it mine?" He asked resting his forehead against hers.
 
"I----"
 
 
 
"What are you still doing up Tao?" Sesshoumaru asked wandering dejectedly back into their suite.
 
Tao quickly closed his notebook and shoved it into his duffel bag before turning to his father.
 
"I couldn't sleep." He grinned, jumping onto his bed. "Where did you go?"
 
Sesshoumaru untied his tie and removed his coat, not bothering as his fell into a crumpled pile on the floor.
 
"Father? Did you go after mother?" Tao asked quietly, fumbling nervously with his comforter.
 
Sesshoumaru sighed before stripping down to his boxers and climbing into his bed.
 
"Yes…but this damned city's foul stench diluted hers and I…lost track of her." Sesshoumaru admitted, turning off his bedside light.
 
Tao still sat up in the dark thinking how fast he could die if he asked his next question.
 
"F-father?" A grunt was heard, showing that Sesshoumaru was paying attention.
 
"D-do you…still love mother?" Tao asked, quietly enough for any human not to hear and only for his father to hear.
 
There was deafening silence that it was so sickeningly LOUD in Tao's ears. It was too quiet. Sesshoumaru rolled over and clutched the spare pillow to his chest.
 
"Good night, Tao." He said, his voice stating that the conversation was over.
 
Tao sighed and reluctantly slid beneath his covers. Just as he was falling asleep he grinned. 'I can't wait until Uncle Inuyasha reads the script I'm writing about mother and father…'
 
 
 
 
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
 
 
Kagome returned to her abandoned bathroom only to frown when she found that it was closed and locked.
 
"Hey!? Who stole the bathroom?!" She called knocking on the door.
 
"Oh shit----!" Came Sango's gasp followed by the sound of something crashing and shattering on the floor.
 
"Sango!? Are you all right?!" Kagome called, twisting and turning the doorknob; attempting to twist it open. But to no avail.
 
"Uh…I'm just fine Kagome! Don't worry about me! I just knocked over a plant that's all!" Sango called sounding slightly out of breath.
 
Kagome frowned and was about to asked again if her friend was all right when a deep voice sounded, concluding her suspicions.
 
"My lady Kagome! The fair lady Sango is certainly…fine…on so many delectable levels. No need to worry about her! She's in GREAT…hands."
 
A smack was heard followed by a HENTAI!
 
Kagome backed away from the door and immediately went to the large living room. Sitting on the love seat, she laid back and closed her eyes.
 
Just a quick nap and then we'll go see if Sango hasn't taken over the bedroom as well…
 
 
 
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
 
 
 
It was morning and Tao was just now waking up to find his father shuffling through his briefcase while attempting to dress at the same time.
 
"Father?" He asked, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.
 
"There has been an emergency conference meeting called and I must be there in 3 minutes. No junk food, and don't sit watching television all day!" Sesshoumaru warned frantically, hurrying out from the bedroom. Moments later, Tao heard the suite's front door slam.
 
Shaking his head he climbed out from under his covers and ambled over to his bag. Zipping it open, his gaze landed on his notebook.
 
Smiling, he pulled it out and flipped it open.
 
 
'Kagome turned away from her husband and sniffled…'
 
 
He read…
 
 
'She unbuttoned the bottom 3 buttons of her peacoat and revealed her 4 month stomach…'
 
 
"I must be some kind of pervert…writing a story about my parents. Heh. I should be a romance writer…" Tao chuckled lightly before cringing at the thought.
 
 
The telephone rang behind him and he jumped. Closing the notebook and dropping it back onto his bag, he shuffled over to his bed and plopped down, answering the ringing contraption.
 
"Hello?"
 
"Tao! Get your scrawny little butt down here now! I nearly got myself killed avoiding your dad!" Came his uncle Inuyasha's voice.
 
Tao smiled. "How was your flight uncle?"
 
"Oh…it was all rig----HEY! Don't you be changing the subject on me here! I'll have you know----"
 
Tao hung up the phone and stood up quickly dressing. Finally, his plan at keeping his mother away from his father will be happening.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Oo0O0oO
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kagome groggily opened her eyes and groaned when they were brutally assaulted by the sun reflecting off the glass coffee table. Sitting up, she groaned again wondering in confusing why she was in the living room.
 
Looking over to her left she found Chise and Riku flipping through magazines, wearing green facial masks and those sponge things between their toes; their newly pedicure toenails gleamed brightly in the sunlight.
 
"Ugh…where's Sango?" She asked, sitting up and habitually placing a hand on her stomach.
 
Both of the beautiful models looked up and smiled.
 
"She's out with…a man." Chise giggled.
 
"A very handsome man…" Riku added.
 
Kagome sighed and nodded before standing up. She wobbled a bit, still not quite used to the extra bubble of weight she carried around her waist, and went into the bathroom.
 
 
After her shower she was wearing a bathrobe and was drying her hair with a towel when a squeal was heard from the living room. Furrowing her eyebrows, she left the steamy room, and found herself gaping at a cowering Inuyasha and a smug looking Tao. Chise and Riku were both giggling and gushing at how 'adorable' Inuyasha was.
 
"Inuyasha!" She hissed. "What are you doing here!?"
 
Inuyasha looked up and Kagome had never seen his face look more happier to see her. "Kagome! Wait…what do you mean what am I doing here?"
 
"Exactly what I said. What. Are. You. Doing. Here?" Kagome said more slowly, becoming aware of how her son, Tao was shifting uncomfortably from feet to feet.
 
"Uh…didn't Tao tell you?" Inuyasha asked, growing nervous by the minute from the face Kagome was making.
 
Kagome turned her glare towards her son who smiled and laughed nervously.
 
"Tao?" She asked dangerously.
 
"Uh…w-well you see mother…here's how it went…I was walking down the street in downtown Paris and I----"
 
"TAO!" Kagome yelled.
 
"All right! I called uncle up and asked if he would come to Paris and help me and you keep father from finding out that you're pregnant! Happy!?" Tao admitted.
 
Kagome crossed her arms and huffed.
 
"You are SO grounded mister." She said pointedly at Tao, who groaned and turned away. "But…we COULD use some extra help, you know with your father's nose and all."
 
 
Tao's face immediately brightened and he puffed his chest out.
 
"Have you got a place to stay Inuyasha?" Kagome asked, continuing her towel drying.
 
"Yeah…it's a hotel down the street. I thought that I was to stay here, Fluffy-kins would smell me sooner or later." Inuyasha nodded, yawning dramatically, making Chise and Riku squeal and giggle in delight.
 
 
Kagome nodded and turned back into her bathroom.
 
 
"Let's go out for a while. I want to go eat something and see the sights before going to the second show tonight." She said.
 
Tao sighed and nodded. Taking his uncle's coat sleeve he was beginning to turn to leave when a snore was heard. Stopping and looking up, he groaned when he realized that his uncle was sleeping, leaning up against the closet door.
 
 
 
 
Oo0O0oO
 
 
 
 
It was nighttime and Sesshoumaru had finally come back from the emergency conference meeting. Walking into the suite he closed the door and removed his charm.
 
 
Now…he had to quickly shower and meet a 'colleague' downstairs again for a dinner. Something he wasn't looking forward too.
 
It was the same blonde woman from the other night…that annoying French woman that wouldn't quit hitting on him. Honestly…he didn't have the slightest bit of attraction for her…or anyone else at that matter. There was only one woman for him. And she absolutely despised him to the very core.
 
He'd wanted so badly to speak with her on the plane coming to France. But coming to the second cabin and finding her sleeping…he was just content to watching her.
 
Slipping into the shower, he just stood there, with his hands resting against the tiled wall, letting the hot water run down his tense body.
 
After losing her in the city last night, he'd become worried that something would happen to her. The only thing he could do was go back to the hotel and wait for her. She came back an hour later. He could smell her scent as she stopped in front of her door and unlocked it.
 
She was hiding something from him. He just didn't know what. She would've made a scene with him by now if she wasn't. Heh. Maybe she was truly afraid of him. He WAS, after all, the alpha male in their mating.
 
Shaking his head, he quickly washed himself and climbed out and dried off.
 
Slipping into some boxers he walked out into the sweet and found Tao sitting on his bed playing with his Playstation Portable.
 
"I have a meeting with a colleague again downstairs over dinner. Please do not stay up too late. We are leaving at the crack of dawn for London." Sesshoumaru warned, strategically dressing himself into a nice business suit.
 
Tao grunted, too immersed in his game to say anything else.
 
Sesshoumaru rolled his eyes and shook his head, before slipping his cuff links on and leaving the suite.
 
 
Tao waited a few moments before his father's aura was moving down in the elevator, before turning his game off and rolling onto his belly. Sliding forward and resting the top of his head on the floor, he flipped the comforter up and grinned at his suffocating uncle.
 
"You can come out now. You're lucky mother still had that aura and scent nullifier stuff." He admitted.
 
Inuyasha let his breath out and growled while slipping out from under the bed.
 
"God! Do you have any idea how nasty it is under there!?" He complained, frantically brushing off invisible crawly things from his clothes.
 
Tao shrugged and stood up. "Come on. Let's go down and see who exactly this 'colleague' of my father's is." He said, rubbing his hands together and slipping his charm bracelet on.
 
"But…aren't I just here to help your dad stay away from your mother?" Inuyasha asked, still brushing imaginary things from his clothing.
 
"Yeah…but a little bit of spying never hurt anyone, right?" Tao grinned.
 
Inuyasha rolled his eyes. He stopped and suddenly realized something.
 
"HEY! This isn't part of the plan!"
 
"So?" Tao shrugged, slipping his shoes on.
 
"SO…you owe me another 5 years worth of ramen. EVERY FRICKIN' FLAVOR!" Inuyasha beamed.
 
"You're gonna get fat uncle." Tao said, shaking his head.
 
 
"Hell no I won't! I ain't fat like your mother is!"
 
"Excuse me!?" Came a shriek from behind them.
 
 
 
Inuyasha stiffened and felt a cold sweat engulf his body. Slowly turning around, he and his nephew found themselves staring into the livid eyes of Kagome.
 
 
 
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
 
There. I'll go crawl under a rock and die now.
 
 
 
I have to admit…I'm a bad author. I've completely lost track of everyone who's reviewed this story! I've gotten SO FREAKIN' many that I've lost count and don't know where it all starts and where it all ends.
 
So…I thank everyone who has sent kind words (and some with rather…strange ones) and encouraging notes. I really appreciate everything that you've been saying to me and I hope for more in the future.
 
 
You all know who you are so…GIVE YOURSELF A BIG PAT ON THE BACK! WOOHOO!
 
 
Ahem…anyhoo. The plot is really twisting up now and this is where the really fun begins. I didn't want Sesshoumaru to find out yet about the baby so early in the story…he WILL…eventually. Just hold out on me.
 
Oh…and if anyone falls over dead because I didn't have him find out about the baby…it is SO not my fault. They just had weak hearts…yessiireee!
 
 
 
 
 
Anyhoo… Thank you all again!
 
 
Oh! And if you're venting and fuming about this story, please check out my other stories.
 
I've finally found my MUSE to update my story "Muse". And for those of you who're 'disturbed' by the age difference between Kagome and Sesshoumaru in that story…don't bother reviewing and asking me to change it. I've decided to keep their ages and that's that.
 
 
 
Thanks again!
 
REMEMBER TO REVIEW IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE READING THIS STORY!
 
 
Ta, loverlies!
 
 
 
 
 
RisuBento
 
 
 
 
oo0O0oo