InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ +Like a Battery - ❯ Chapter Twenty-Seven ( Chapter 27 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

+Like a Battery-
By: RisuBento
Disclaimer: I own nothing except the title and the plot of this story.
Chapter 27:
oo0O0oo
4 months later…
 
Tao flopped down onto his bed and exhaled upwards to blow his bangs from his face. It'd been almost 4 months since his mother and father decided to get back together. He had to admit… his "Operation: Recharge" helped…but he thought that his parents just…felt the pull between each other.
They were currently on their second honeymoon on a cruise in the Mediterranean. Tao wanted to go…but no. He realized that when the word 'honeymoon' came into play…then that meant…he'd have to stay out of his parents way…because they would've been more than likely spending their entire vacation…in bed.
Shaking his head, he stood up. Cho was currently crawling rather avidly across the floor and was just reaching for his art easel when a noise downstairs caught both of the hanyou's attention. Cho's ears twitched and swiveled toward his closed door and Tao twitched his as well.
'What was that?' Tao wondered. Someone just closed the front door… Tao sniffed. Cho, plopping rather baby-like backwards onto her diapered bottom, watched her older brother in an awed sort of fashion before beginning to sniffle with her small nose.
Tao quirked an eyebrow at her before reaching down and grunting as he picked her up. Resting her onto his hip, he walked over to the door and was just turning the doorknob when the entire thing flew open; revealing a rather red faced Inuyasha.
"Dammit! Don't you ever hide like that on me again! I just searched the whole fuckin' house for you two. I thought you were kidnapped or something!" He yelled, leaning against the doorframe and brushing his sweaty bangs from sticking to his forehead.
"Uncle! Don't swear in front of Cho!" Tao warned nodded towards the dozing Cho, who was resting her head on her brother's shoulder and sucking her thumb.
"Whatever…" Inuyasha grumbled. The man opened his arms and reached out for the little girl, who eagerly obliged when she recognized his scent.
"Ko-ko!" She babbled, giving her uncle a slobbery kiss on the cheek.
"Ko-Ko? Don't tell me your mother decided to teach her my nickname from high school…?" Inuyasha asked with a wince.
"Yep. Ko-inu. Come on. We need to get ready for them when they come back home tomorrow." Tao smiled, leading his uncle and younger sister into the living room.
"Good god…what've you two been doing while I was gone for the last…." Inuyasha paused to look at his watch. "…the last 3 hours? It looks like you had a party with zoo animals!"
"Well…when you're just learning to crawl…you get into everything." Tao pointed out, poking Cho in the side.
"Crap…all right. Let's start cleaning up all this junk. Tao, you start with Cho's toys while the twit and I go and get the vacuum cleaner all right?" Inuyasha instructed before shifting Cho higher onto his hip, when she began to slip, and heading from the living room to the closet in the hallway.
Tao sighed and looked down at the Barbie's--- well…headless Barbie's--- and the other assortment of toys scattered carelessly all over the floor. Well, if he wanted his mother and father to stay happy together…then he'd have to make an effort to do things---even impossible things----to keep them happy.
Starting by cleaning the mansion.
Oo0O0oO
 
Kagome leaned back on the deck bench. She was currently sunning out on the first class deck connected to their private room. Looking over at her the man sitting at the computer in their room, she sighed and couldn't help but smile. Turning her gaze back to her ring finger, she smiled even more when her old ring, that she'd given back to him a few months ago, watching as it glittered and sparkled in the sunlight.
She felt…whole. Well duh…she WAS after all the wife and mate of her soul mate. She'd known from the moment she'd set eyes on Sesshoumaru that he'd be someone special to her. She just didn't know that she'd end up marrying him and having the most beautiful children anyone could wish for. She was herself once again.
"Hey…Sesshoumaru? Do you think we could take the kids to an amusement park or something when we get back? I don't want them to feel left out of this you know…" She said, turning and looking at her stoic husband/mate. Sesshoumaru kept his gaze trained onto the computer screen. She let out a frustrated growl and swung her legs over the edge of the bench and stood up.
She'd teach him to 'not' ignore her any longer…she WAS, after all, much more important than his work.
"Sesshou…why do you have to do your work on our honeymoon? Shouldn't we be doing something…more active?" She smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck from behind and kissing his temple.
A grunt was heard from him. And nothing else.
She frowned and eyed the plug-in in the wall. One of those cords belonged to his laptop…right? So if she were to reach down and yank on all of them…his laptop would turn off…right? Biting her lip, she stood up and circled around him, until she was kneeling right in front of the outlet.
"Sesshou? What's that out there?" She asked, pointing out onto their private deck. Sesshoumaru quirked an eyebrow before sniffing.
"There is nothing out there silly woman." He answered, clicking expertly on his keyboard.
Kagome huffed and crossed her arms. "There you go with that 'woman' crap again…" She miffed, sitting down on the edge of the king sized bed.
Sesshoumaru quietly turned around and stared at her. "What're you talking about?" He asked, standing up and stalking towards her.
"You know 'exactly' what I'm talking about you ape!" She scoffed, turning her head to the side so she wouldn't have to look at him.
Sesshoumaru, unknowingly to her, smirked. He continued his stalking trek towards her before pushing her onto the bed and climbing on top of her.
"You're talking nonsense." He growled, leaning down and tracing the shell of her ear with the tip of his tongue.
Kagome swallowed and closed her eyes. "How is that nonsense you big oaf?"
"You 'are' this Sesshoumaru's woman. No one else's. You are to submit to me. And since you are the alpha female…I am to submit to you…when I feel the moment is appropriate." He whispered against her throat before pressing a small trail of kisses along her pulse line.
Kagome sighed and wrapped her arms around his neck. "So…that means…that you'll be the 'bitch' instead of me, whenever I want you to be?" She asked. Before he could answer however, she flipped them over so she was straddling his hips.
Kagome smiled and placed her hands on either side of his head before leaning down and kissing him. The texture of his lips and tongue battling against hers…was so familiar…something she'd greatly missed.
The feeling of his lips against hers…brought back the memory of when they'd first kissed…way back when…
Oo0O0oO
 
oOFlashbackOo
Kagome was just finishing her dinner when the doorbell rang. Sighing, she tediously pushed herself from the table and to her feet.
She was tired…and upset. Sesshoumaru had 'once again' blown her off and one of their dates so he could attend an important seminar for one of his college classes. It was taking place outside of Tokyo and he was going to be gone for a few days. That really made her angry… 'Why doesn't he tell that he's going on trips 'before' we set up our dates?' Shaking her head, she continued into the back entryway.
She exhaled upwards to her bangs weren't hanging in her face, and opened the door. She was about to groan when she saw the silver hair, thinking it was Inuyasha standing there, but that stopped midway in her throat when she saw the all-too familiar crimson stripes…followed by the azure crescent moon on his forehead.
"Sesshoumaru…aren't you supposed to be on a trip?" She asked narrowing her eyes and practically hissing her words out.
Sesshoumaru stood as tall as ever. So regal…so valiant. His silver hair was blowing gently in the winter breeze, lifting a few strands up and brushing their tips on her arm. She shivered.
"I would like to speak with you." He said, clasping a hand over his wrist and placing the joined appendages so they were resting in front of him.
Kagome scrutinized him closely. He sounded…trustworthy enough. Maybe he 'wasn't' going on that trip after all… Kagome didn't say anything. She just turned and lifted her coat from the hook behind the door and slipped it on before stepping outside. Sesshoumaru gave her a look as if he was saying that she was 'supposed to invite him inside' but she shook her head.
"Souta's home…" She said walking over to the stone bench beneath the Goshinboku. Sesshoumaru pocketed his clawed hands and slowly followed after her. He watched her as she sat down and avert her gaze so she was looking at anything and everything BUT him. Stifling a growl, he sat down next to her and began to speak.
"I know this Sesshoumaru should have told you before. It slipped my mind…" He admitted. He looked over to see Kagome shift a little away from him. He really 'did' growl this time. Reaching forward, he yanked her by the front of her coat and brought her against his chest.
"Sesshou---" She started only to say only to be stopped by the soft feeling of his lips on hers. It was only a chaste kiss that lasted maybe 3 or 4 seconds… (Kagome's not counting and 'I' sure as hell ain't!)…but it was just enough to send Kagome's previous thoughts and jumbled feelings in a tangle of swirling colors.
When he pulled back Kagome was still sitting in his lap, her mouth slightly open and her eyes closed. He then stood up, helping Kagome to her feet as well. "I am taking the 11:00 p.m. flight…I just wanted to tell you that…I am…I----If you would forgive this Sesshoumaru for his idiocy…"
Kagome slowly opened her eyes and let out a strangled guffaw of giddiness. "Stupid…" She said, before wrapping her arms around her boyfriends neck. Sesshoumaru hesitated for a moment, before hugging her tightly against him. "Of course I forgive you…on one condition though."
Sesshoumaru pulled back and quirked an eyebrow. "And 'that' would be…?" He asked.
"Kiss me again…" Kagome whispered, glancing down at his lips before looking back up at his amber orbs.
He smirked and ran a clawed hand through her obsidian tresses before tipping her head to the side a little and leaning down to cover her mouth with his…
oOEnd FlashbackOo
Kagome sighed and closed her eyes. Yes…this was what she wanted. Everything and more with this man.
 
Oo0O0oO
 
The next day…
Tao opened his eyes and groggily sunk beneath his covers. Mornings were WAY too overrated. Just as he was about to drift off once again, a soft flump was heard and felt at the end of his bed.
"Cho…why do you have to be crawling at this point in your life?" He groaned into his pillow. Throwing the covers from himself, he sat up and glared at his younger sibling who was, in fact, sitting comfortably at the end of his bed. She was looking up at him with an almost toothless smile and a big blue eyes.
"Where's uncle? And how the heck did you get into my room…more less on my bed?" He added the last part to himself. Cho tilted her head to the side in a cute way, indicating that she didn't understand him. Tao rolled his eyes and began sniffing.
"Ko-ko. Where's Ko-Ko?" He asked. He watched as his younger sister's face lit up and beamed in a bright smile.
"Hgosd sdwesjdrbet Ko-ko!" She babbled quite incoherently. Tao sighed and shook his head before climbing to his feet. School had finally ended and it was now the beginning of their 2 month Summer break. He 'really' had nothing to do.
"Come on Cho, let's find something for you to wear and get some breakfast all right?" He asked, grunting when he lifted her and settled her onto his hip. Sheesh! She was getting heavy!
"What's uncle feeding you! Lead and anvils al la mode!" He questioned, walking rather slowly, because of the extra weight, down the hallway to his sister's room. Just as he opened the door, a loud snoring sound was heard, making his and Cho's ears flatten on their heads.
"What the…?" He asked. Stepping into the room, he came upon the funniest thing he'd probably ever seen in his entire life. His uncle Inuyasha was fast asleep, curled into a fetal position…in Cho's crib.
"Cho…did uncle fall asleep with you when he was reading a bedtime story?" He whispered, trying his hardest to 'not' laugh.
"Gsdgjd ddjtedsdkeig Ko-ko." Cho gurbled, snuffling sleepily into her brother's neck. She stuck her thumb into her mouth and closed her eyes.
"Come on…stay awake. Otou and Okaa are coming home today." He said, setting her down onto her changing table.
"TOU? KAA?" She squealed in loud question. Tao winced but nodded as he checked if she needed a diaper change. Nope. Good.
"Hey uncle! Wake up!" He called, nudging the crib's edge with his bare knee. A snort followed by a phrase of "Light bulbs taste like steak…" was heard before a sleepy Inuyasha was sitting up and glancing confusedly around the room.
"What the…" He mumbled, rubbing his eyes. "Why am I in Cho's…crib?" He asked himself.
"You probably fell asleep while reading Cho her bedtime story last night, I'm assuming." Tao said, picking up his sister and handing him to his uncle.
"Can you get her dressed, I need to take a shower." He yawned, leaving before his uncle could even protest.
Tao ambled down the hallway and entered the bathroom that was adjacent to his bedroom. Today…his parents were finally coming home. Hopefully…things will be better. Tao had a feeling they would be…even if there 'were' SOME quarrels every now and then.
Shaking his head, trying to rid himself of the excess sleepiness he turned the shower on and stripped himself bare. He had to call Tomo today… Just as he reminded himself of that, a light blush formed on his cheekbones.
Tomo…was his girlfriend…sort of. Well…he wasn't exactly sure what she was to him…she was a girl…and she was his friend…so…they're friends right? So…why did Tomo suddenly kiss him the other night?
A deeper blush formed on his cheeks and he quickly jumped into the shower.
Oo0O0oO
 
Kagome woke up to the sound of a man's voice over a speaker phone.
"…seatbelts for we will be landing in Tokyo shortly. Thank you."
She sat up and rather mechanically buckled herself in. A hand suddenly captured hers and was kissed by a pair of lips that only she knew of. She smiled and let her head loll to the side so she could look up at her husband.
"Good morning." Sesshoumaru said, kissing her knuckles once again.
She gave him a soft smile and closed her eyes again while yawning.
"Mmm…How long have I been sleeping?" She asked, leaning forward and stretching her arms out.
"About 4 hours. We land in a few minutes." Sesshoumaru said, closing his laptop and placing it securely into it's carrying case.
Kagome sighed and leaned back. A sparkle caught the sun and was taunting her eye. She smiled. The wedding ring that she was giving by Sesshoumaru was once again on her finger. She'd never EVER take it off again. Never.
---0---
Sesshoumaru closed his laptop and placed it back into his carrying case. How life has changed…in such a short time as well.
He looked over at the tired woman next to him and took her nicely manicured hand into his. She turned her head towards him and smiled, giving his hand a squeeze. Even when she was looking back out of the plane's window…he couldn't take his eyes off of her. She truly was something.
How…lucky he was to have found someone so…forgiving…so… so Kagome. Back when they'd first met, he could've cared less about her. In fact, whenever she was over hanging out with his younger brother, he'd steer clear of her annoying antics at gaining his attention.
He closed his eyes and sighed. He'd never allow himself to be such a fool again…he'd never betray his mate…his wife.
"Sesshoumaru?" Came the object of his affection's voice. Opening his eyes he was met with a pair of blue orbs and a white smile.
"Yes?" He asked, leaning back into his seat, but keeping hold of her hand.
"How do you think Cho and Tao are doing with Inuyasha?" She asked, uncrossing and recrossing her legs; which made her skirt slide up a few inches along her thighs…making him lick his lips.
"I wouldn't know. Inuyasha is a responsible person." He said, turning away and attempting to rid his thoughts of his naked wife.
Things were silent for a moment before… "Wow…I'm impressed. You 'actually' said something positive about your brother."
"Half-brother." He said, growling.
"Right…" She said rolling her eyes and shaking her head. "My bad…"
Sesshoumaru glanced at his watch… a half hour left. His leg began to bounce in impatience. Her scent was driving him crazy! She was so closed! And they were in such a public place too!
"I need to use the restroom…" Kagome said, standing up and shimmying her way past him and down the aisle way.
Sesshoumaru began to drum his clawed fingers against the armrest when he paused. Glancing at his watch and then at the bathroom stall down the aisle…he came to a conclusion. He had a half hour…they could get some 'business' done. Standing up, he made his way to the bathroom, opening the door and finding his wife sitting on the sink swinging her legs back and forth.
"Well it's about time you came down here. I was beginning to wonder if----mmmgpgh!" She started only to be cut off when his mouth covered hers.
 
Oo0O0oO
 
 
Sorry everyone. School has been hell and I've been buried in crap loads upon crap loads of homework. I know I said I would update “Tomorrow…” Weeeell!
FROM WHAT I CAN REMEMBER! THERE'S NO SUCH DAY OF THE WEEK CALLED “TOMORROW!” HAHAHAHAHA:ahem: I'll go die now.
RisuBento