InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "Love and Destiny" ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch.5
As soon as the movie began, Kagome began to seriously regret making her date with Hojo. The movie told the story of two star-crossed lovers from different societies. Kagome sank in her chair in misery.
 
“Why? Why did it have to be about that? Today is just not my day.”
 
Back in the Feudal Era.
Inuyasha entered the cottage. It was peculiarly dark inside. The holes in the ceiling were not able to let in enough light. Inuyasha's ears twitched. He could hear bustling coming from the far corner.
 
“Hey, are you the time priestess,” asked Inuyasha.
 
“Indeed I am young man. And you must be Inuyasha” called a spooky old voice.
 
“Huh? How the hell do you know who I am?” asked Inuyasha rudely.
 
“So, you want to know how to get to the 21st century,” asked the time priestess knowingly as she came into Inuyasha's sight. She was medium height with long grayed hair and dark violet eyes. Her clothing was rather simple and somewhat tattered. Yet, despite her appearance she seemed to be quite alert. She wisely chose to ignore Inuyasha's question.
 
“If that's where Kagome is, then yeah, that's exactly where I want to go,” answered Inuyasha.
 
“Well then. Hmmm. I see…,” mumbled the priestess as she examined him.
 
“What?” Inuyasha was becoming increasingly impatient and annoyed with the elderly woman.
 
“Hey did we miss anything?” Miroku, Sango, and Shippo hurried into the old woman's hut with an exhausted Kirara.
 
“Inuyasha,” interrupted the time priestess, her tone a bit more serious. “There is a way for you to get to Kagome's era, but there may not be a way back.”
 
“Huh? What do you mean?”
 
“You will be able to open a time portal to Kagome's time, but there's a chance you may not be able to pass back through it to this time. You might never be able to return to this era.”
 
“You mean he'd have to remain in Kagome's time forever?” asked Shippo.
 
“Yes. It's a very serious decision indeed,” said Miroku.
 
Inuyasha stared down at the ground, his fists tightening. “This time priestess seems strange to me,” thought Inuyasha. “I'm not sure I should trust her. How did she know I was coming? And how did she know about Kagome? Still, this might be my only hope. I've no other choice.”
 
The time priestess examined Inuyasha with a slight smirk on her face. She could tell that he was debating whether to trust her or not. She seemed to be slightly amused by his indecision.
 
“You're sure…that I'll be able to see Kagome again?” asked Inuyasha, his eyes still hidden.
 
“Yup, completely sure,” answered the time priestess brightly.
 
“Then I'll do it,” replied Inuyasha with determination as he lifted his head to face the old woman.
 
“You realize what you're doing?” asked the priestess once more.
 
“I'm fully aware of what might happen. But…I have to see her.”
 
The time priestess chuckled slightly as she led Inuyasha outside. “Okay, step over this way and we'll begin.”