InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ =Muse= ❯ =Home Again= ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

=Muse=
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
By: RisuBento
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Chapter 4:
 
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing.
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Stepping up to the houses' porch, I sighed and put my bags down next to me.
 
It seemed that no one was home. Just my luck. I was actually, and shamefully expecting everyone to come running out of the house with big smiles on their faces and envelope me in a big family bear hug.
 
But no…I went inside and found a note attached to the fridge stating specifically that they were on an extended vacation for about 2 weeks and that they were sorry that they couldn't be there where I arrived home.
 
Great.
 
I was about to grumble slightly when I heard a shout from the next door neighbor's. I looked out of the kitchen window and felt my innards freeze up. Kagome was outside with a girlfriend and her younger brother. They were throwing water balloons at one another. If my imagination couldn't get any worse, Kagome was suddenly splattered with one and was completely wet. Dressed in a one piece bathing suit, which I was greatly thankful for, she screeched and charged after her laughing younger brother.
 
 
I turned away and quickly went up to my bedroom, needing to get away as fast as possible.
 
When I opened my door, I inhaled deeply at the same old scent of my bedroom that I'd missed for the past 3 years. It was the same old look to it. My bed was up on a raised loft with a cave-like-bunk underneath where my computer currently sat on a desk. On the other side of the room, was my television, playstation, beanbag, and my extended collection of DVD's and comics. I smiled softly at the sight of my old Batman and Spiderman comic books. How I missed them so. I absolutely refused to bring them with me to New York in fear that something would happen to them or I would be rightfully embarrassed at being found with them red handed.
 
My step-mother, Izayoi, the sweetest woman in the world, had told me numerous times that I shouldn't be embarrassed for liking something as much as I did. I tried to listen to her but I just…couldn't. I also couldn't be distracted from my studies at medical school. I suppose my lack at being able to draw really helped out because I was never distracted when it came to my studies.
 
 
I heard another shriek outside and I sighed before climbing up to my bed and flopping down. I hugged my pillow and sighed again. Izayoi must've washed my sheets a few days before, for they smelled nice and fresh. Oh dammit…why couldn't I get her out of my head!?
 
Was I some kind of pedophile or something!? She was freakin' 13 for Pete's sake!
 
I suppose that'd never stopped people from loving each other before. In fact, my father was 10 years older than Izayoi. I'd always thought that it was a strange age difference but I could clearly tell they were in love.
 
I must've fallen asleep because the next thing I knew I woke up to a pitch black room and the doorbell ringing. I grumbled and cursed whoever the moron was ringing it this late at night; I'd glanced at the clock on my table groggily and noted that it was 9:30 at night.
 
I sighed and slid from my bed loft and stretched before heading down the hallway to the stairs. The bell rang one more time and I flung the door open ready to tell the idiot off for being a moron. I instantly stopped in my tracks and felt myself go numb.
 
"Hey Sesshoumaru!" Kagome squealed lunging forward and wrapping her arms around my waist. I awkwardly stood there for a few moments before hesitantly patting her on the back.
 
"When did you get back?" She asked, stepping back so I could close the door.
 
"Uh…" I said stupidly, trying to get over the fact that the object----the TOO young object----of my affection was here…in my home…alone…with me. No supervision. 'NO! BAD! BAD PUPPY! THINK NO EVIL!'
 
"Uh…about 6:30." I answered, shifting nervously on my feet.
 
"Well, why didn't you come over and say hi? My mom was wondering where you were. She was worrying that you maybe missed your flight or something. I was wondering if you were dead in some dirty gutter or something, with rats gnawing on you…" She said.
 
I snapped back to attention and frowned.
 
"I'm only kidding!" She reassured laughing and moving around me to go into the kitchen.
 
It was when I followed after her did I realize that she'd been carrying something when I'd opened the door. How she managed to hug me with it in her clutch was beyond me. Females were mysterious that way.
 
"What're you doing?" I asked, sitting down at the kitchen table and yawning.
 
"I had the faintest idea that if you were home you'd probably be jet-lagged when you got home would want to sleep. In that case, you probably haven't eaten for a while. My mother asked me bring over some food for you as a welcome home gift." She explained, lifting the tin foil from the glassware dish, revealing a delicious looking meat loaf with mixed vegetables, mashed potatoes, and a saran-wrapped brownie.
 
"I can see that mama was right! You ARE hungry!" She laughed. I clearly had the look of someone who hadn't eaten anything the entire day. I didn't complain. I hadn't eaten all day. I was too nervous to eat breakfast that morning, and plane food is just plain…wrong----on so many levels.
 
I watched as she removed the tin foil and brownie before placing the glass plate into the microwave. I took this moment to really look her over with her noticing.
 
She'd change dramatically over the course of 3 years. She was beginning to develop---in the breast department I noted somewhat wrongly---and had grown a few inches as well. She was beginning to look more like a woman.
 
I berated myself when she turned around and caught me staring at her. She only smiled and crossed her arms, waiting for the food to finish heating up.
 
"Have you been drawing at all?" She suddenly asked, not moving from her place by the microwave.
 
I shook my head and paused to think of my answer.
 
"I haven't…been able to draw anything since I was 17." I answered truthfully.
 
"Why not? I've never heard of anyone 'not' being able to draw before." Kagome said, opening the microwave's door after it beeped its completion.
 
I sighed and let a small smile grace my lips as the delicious aroma from the food wafted to my nose. I shrugged and spoke.
 
"It's possible. I just haven't had a muse." I said, trying to sound intelligent.
 
"A muse?" She asked, setting the plate and a fork in front of me.
 
"A muse is something that inspires an artist or writer---or whatever----to create new ideas or, you know, draw something." I said, greedily shoveling some meatloaf into my mouth.
 
"Huh…what was your muse before when you were able to draw?" She asked, setting a glass of milk down before sitting at the table across from me.
 
I shrugged and swallowed my food. "I dunno…I've never really thought about it before."
 
Kagome sighed and gave a small smile.
 
"You'll find your muse, Sess. I'll help." She said, looking at me with soft electric blue eyes.
 
I paused in chewing my vegetables and stared right back at her. I immediately had that itch in my hand to do something. I just didn't know what. I brushed it off as nerves or something.
 
Later that night, after Kagome had gone home with the glass plate of her mother's, I retired once again to my bedroom and paused when I found myself staring at the gray filing cabinet to my left. I stepped forward and slowly reached out and hesitated before clasping the bottom drawer labeled, 'Misc.'.
 
I let my breath out when I found that it was locked. I was appalled at how jittery I felt. I was almost afraid of opening that drawer that seemed to haunt me over the years.
 
I shifted to my dresser, which was right next to the filing cabinet, and opened my top drawer. I pulled out a key that I'd hidden underneath all of my sock and boxers, and slowly turned back to the metal drawer that was ever taunting me.
 
Why was I so nervous? She was only a 'girl'. "Only". I was completely and utterly nervous to the bone. Dammit! I was acting like I was a scared little school boy. Nothing was going to jump out and gnaw my face off or anything!
 
With that in mind, I jammed the key into the lock and turned it until I heard a familiar click. Then I yanked the drawer open and I felt goosebumps flame my body as the familiar electric blue eyes stared right up at me.
 
 
 
 
 
oo0O0oo
 
 
 
 
 
 
There. I finally found MY muse to continue with this story.
 
I hope you like it!
 
Thanks to everyone who's reviewed and have waited patiently (some semi-patiently) for me to continue! It makes me so happy!
 
 
 
 
 
REVIEW
 
Ta, lovelies!
 
RisuBento