InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "The Matrix Has You" ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Manaleak: Well hello, hello, hello, everybody, it is I the person known as manaleak34 now if you've read my other story "The InuMatrix" let me tell you right now. THIS IS NOTHING LIKE THAT!! This story is a lot more serious, and whatnot.

So then I hope you enjoy it and be sure to give me reviews…because I like them…and I often don't get that many >_<

DISCLAMIER: As much I enjoy these things, I do not own Inuyasha, nor do I own any of the Matrixes. All the characters in this story are fictitious, any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

"I know this is hard to understand," said a voice on the other line of the telephone. "but you're in real danger."

"What are you talking about?" Kagome asked, worry and confusion in her voice.

"I can't tell you too much," the voice sounded masculine, like a boy around the same age as Kagome. He had the same tone of concern as Kagome's voice, along with a small sense of urgency. "but you need to get as far away as possible from where you are for your own safety Kagome."

"Why should I trust you?" she said now with anger in her voice.

"Because I know what you been though; The Well, The Shikon Jewel, Inuyasha, all of that."

The person on the other line couldn't see Kagome but if they did they would've seen the amount of shock on her face, knowing that this person knew her darkest secrets.

"How do you know that!?" Kagome screamed, more concerned than before. She was scared that this person knew so much about her.

"That's not important right now. I need you to come to the large building on 16rth Street. Second floor, room 89." He paused for a moment making sure Kagome remembered the location. His tone was very firm as he spoke again, making sure his words hit her as being important. "Make sure that you come alone. I have go now," he said quickly.

"No, wait!" Kagome yelled out. "What in the world is going on here!?"

The boy sighed and said, "The Matrix has you." The other line then clicked, and Kagome was left with a dial tone to listen to.

Kagome waited for a second, cell phone still held up to ear, hoping that someone would tell her more about this. After minutes of waiting, she put her cell phone back into her backpack. `How could he have known all of that?' she wondered as a small breeze blew by her, her outfit waving with the wind.

Kagome had been standing at the bottom of the steps of the Higurashi shrine before she gotten the mysterious phone call. She was able to see three police cars were parked on the street next to the sidewalk near the steps.

Everything had been going fine in her life, it had been just yesterday when Inuyasha and herself, along with her other friends, were finally able to defeat Naraku. She had returned home to let Inuyasha have some time to cope with the loss of Kikyo. Kagome couldn't bring herself to talk or go back to Inuyasha now, especially since he would be reminded of Kikyo the entire time.

She pulled out the full Shikon Jewel out of her shirt which was connected to a small chain that hung around her neck to make sure nothing had happened to it. It glowed with its powerful and mysterious magical energy, a small reflection of her face shown worry and confusion upon the smooth surface.

She put the Jewel back in her shirt, looking at the seemingly endless steps while trying to decide what to do next. She knew for a fact that Souta was still at school and that her mother and grandfather were out for the day.

Kagome decided that she needed to know what was going on. Making sure her backpack was safely on her back she flew up the stairs, hoping to find some answers.

A black sedan slowed to a stop near the police cars were soon after she had made it to the top.

Two tall well-kept men stepped out on both sides of the car, both of them wearing suits with ties in the most proper manner. The men were wearing dark sunglasses and had earpieces in their left ear. After the men turned to each other and nodded once, they started up the stairs after Kagome.

~~~~~~~

Both of his loves had left him. One returned to the realm of the dead while the other returned home, unsure if she would ever come back. Inuyasha sighed and looked up to the bright, cloudy sky, his long sliver hair flowing in the wind .

He was in a tree on a tall branch, resting while trying to figure things out. It had only been the previous night when he and Kikyo stuck the final blow to Naraku destroying him and ambling Kagome to complete the Jewel.

Afterwards, Kikyo having no purpose left, she left for good after bidding Inuyasha one last goodbye. The battle had been a hard fought one, many had lost their lives or came close to death. The battle scars he had still hurt, even though he knew that they would heal quickly on their own.

But he knew of another pain could not heal. The pain that he had lost both girls that gave him a purpose to continue living, and he kept telling himself that neither of them would come back.

`Why should she?' he thought, continuing to look up to the clouds. `She still thinks that I'm stuck in the past…that she's just a replacement.' The pain he felt about this matter started to grow more as he went. `Maybe the others are right that I'm too stubborn to show my feelings to Kagome. But if I did…what would she think?'

He continued debating with himself, wondering if he would either go to Kagome and tell her how he felt, wait for her, or just not do anything at all. He kept doing this until he heard a rustle in the grass. Inuyasha looked down to see who it was, prepared to snap at them for not giving him some time alone. When he saw who it was, however, he was surprised and unsure of what to say.

A tall man with graying hair and a tight face stood below Inuyasha looking up at him through a pair of black oval sunglasses. The man was wearing a dress shirt that was unbuttoned and the bottom of it reached down to his lower legs, making it seem like it was mixed with a trench coat. Underneath was a plain white shirt, an all black tie hanging from his neck and wore what looked like baggy dress pants.

`Whoever this is, he's not from around here,' Inuyasha thought as he stared at the man's general-like gaze, noting his strange scent. There was a short silence as both men contemplated on what to do next.

The man kept his gaze and slowly and calmly said in a deep voice, "Are you Inuyasha?"

"Yeah, what of it?" Inuyasha said curtly with his usual tone of anger.

"I've been watching you and I know that you're in real danger," the man said with absolute seriousness in his voice.