InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "The Matrix Has You" ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

"What!?" Inuyasha asked in disbelief, jumping down to the ground to meet the man's hard, stone-like glare with his own. "Just who the hell are you!?"

"My names Arc," he said, keeping his face on Inuyasha's. "You must understand…There's a good chance that'll you'll die."

"Feh, why in the world should I trust you?"

"Like I said…I've been watching you, I know that you've searched all over the land for the Shikon Jewel shards, and just recently you've been able to reform it."

There was a small amount of surprise from Inuyasha but he was still not convinced by this Hark guy, or whatever the hell his name was.

After a pause Arc continued, "I also know about the girl named Kagome; how she's been able to travel back and fourth from this world to her own."

Now there was look of definite look of surprise. Inuyasha knew that only few people had knowledge of the Bone Eaters Well. `How does this crazy coot know anything about the well!?' Inuyasha thought.

"So do you believe me now?" Arc said upon seeing Inuyasha`s expression. He was about to start talking again when a ringing sound came from his pocket. Arc stopped and pulled out a cell phone.

"It's me," Arc said, making sure Inuyasha couldn't overhear.

"It's Kagome, she went up to her house." the person on the other line replied.

"Damn it," Arc spat out.

"And what's worse is that theirs two agents there now."

"Where's Disk?"

"He had to run for it when he was hacking to get Kagome's number. I already called him and he said he was heading to where Kagome was."

Arc sighed, "Good, let's hope he doesn't mess up."

"Do you think I should send Ruby?"

Arc pauses and looks over at Inuyasha. "No, I got it taken care of."

"All right, good luck, Sir."

Arc hangs up and turns to Inuyasha, a rare look of concern on Arc's face. "Your friend, Kagome, is in real danger as we speak."

~

Even though Kagome couldn't stand not knowing why the police were at her house, she still took safety concerns. Like hiding in one of the many bushes she hid in when she was young, in hope she couldn't be found and wouldn't have to go to school. She was very difficult to see, but she was able to see and listen to what was going on.

At least twelve police officers where conversing outside, some she had saw go inside the house, although it was more like breaking in by many peoples standards. She then saw what looked like two Secret Service agents that she would see on the news when there was a story about the United State's President.

`Why are people this important here?' she thought to herself. Everything was turning upside down and she was having a hard time trying to convince herself that this could be happening; that this was reality.

The two agents stopped as they got to the top of the steps and looked around, walking to what looked like the leader of the small police force.

"Did you find her?" asked one of the agents with barley any hint of emotion in his voice.

"No, she ran off when she saw the cars while coming home from school. I told the Chief we should've come later!" The officer cursed to himself.

"You do know this girl has committed at least three murders?"

"Kagome Higurashi? Yeah, we know."

Kagome was shocked at this development. Three murders? She must be losing her mind. She realized now that that person on the phone earlier was serious about what he said. She couldn't stay here anymore; she had to get out as soon as she could.

`I have to get to Inuyasha, that's the only safe place, he'll understand if I'm in danger.' Kagome thought; although there was still the concern that this would be her first time seeing Inuyasha after the incident with Kikyo. Kagome gripped the straps of her backpack tightly.

She knew every secret of the shrine; she had lived there for nearly all her life. She slowly headed around the side of her house to the small hut that contained the well that transported her to the feudal era. She made sure that she was silent and wasn't seen. Slowly Kagome was able to make her way to the hut. She slid open the wooden doors and headed inside, shoes tapping lightly as she walked on the old wood.

She walked down the steps and sat on the edge of the well with her feet over the edge. She took a deep breath and let go, falling down it.

The agents turned their heads at the same time to where the well was. They were about to enter the house when something caught their attention and caused them to look over to it. After a moment they both started walking to it knowing they had found what they where looking for.

Kagome was knelling down on the bottom of the well. Nothing had changed; she was still in her era. Her hope was decreasing as she wondered in horror why she wasn't on the other side. `But I have the Jewel!' she thought as she pulled out the Shikon Jewel from the chain around her neck, checking that nothing was wrong with it. `Is the well sealed now forever?!'

More bad things began to happen. Kagome heard the wooden door of the hut slide open and the sound of shoes walking on the wood above her. The steps continued to come closer.

Kagome looked up slowly, only to see a pistol pointed at her. Behind it stood one of the Agents, a slight smirk on his face.

~

"Whatta mean!?" Inuyasha yelled out, dashing to the well, "I gotta help her!"

"It's not going to work!" Arc responded. "The well isn't working right now!"

Inuyasha stopped and looked to Arc, his face full of fury before he jumped in the air and flew down the well, "I don't got time to listen to your shit!"

Arc sighed, `Well I supposed I got my part done,' he took out his cell phone and presses a few numbers. "He's on his way. You better get me out of here."

~

Kagome slowly walked out of the hut with her hands behind her head, the cold round tip of the agent's pistol breathing on her back. Somehow the well had been sealed up, she had been arrested for murder, and she was still wondering what the person on the phone had meant by, "The Matrix has you."

She heard sounds on the steps in front of the house. It sounded like they were doing huge jumps. `Inuyasha?' She wondered even though she knew it couldn't be him.

It wasn't, either. Instead it was a young man who flew up the steps past one of the agents there with his right foot stretched out. The agent swiftly pulled out his pistol and aimed it at him, but the velocity of the boy was too much for the agent and was knocked down as the boy`s foot came in contact with the agent.

The other agent removed his gun from Kagome's back but was not able to aim it because of the boy's right leg kicking his arm to the side. Kagome got to the side of them as the boy turned into a spin and shot a roundhouse kick to the agent's head which was blocked by the agent's left arm.

The boy lowered his leg as a right fist came to his chest. He was able to move to the side and send open palmed strike to the agent's chest, which caused him to be knocked back a little.

Kagome could now get a good look at him, he was quite tall and had jet-black hair like her own, which was unruly and somehow reminded her of Miroku's. He was wearing an open black trench coat that went down his lower legs, almost making it look as if he was wearing a robe. His eyes where behind a pair of black stylish oval sunglasses but were clear enough to see his blue eyes, in the bright daylight

He looked at Kagome and yelled out, "Run for it!" Kagome blinked. It was the same voice that she had heard earlier on the phone. She didn't hesitate and started running down the stairs with him. Following them where two agents and at least twelve police officers all pulling out pistols of some sort.

"Hang on," the boy shouted as he grabbed Kagome by the waist and jumped into the air at an amazing height. For a moment she thought that the boy really was Inuyasha, he had jumped over the steps and landed smoothly on the sidewalk without any trouble at all.

"Come on!" he yelled. Kagome could ask questions later, it was either get caught or be saved by this mysterious guy. She followed him to a purplish colored sedan which she didn't see coming up to the house earlier.

Kagome ran over and got into the passenger seat while the boy hurried and got into the drivers side. He started up the car and slammed on the gas, zooming away in a cloud of smoke.

The officers were now in their cars and giving chase. Somehow that boy had jump at least 8 yards. It didn't matter to them, these two were criminals and they had to be stopped.

The captain of the force grabbed the radio on his dashboard and was about to talk to his comrades when the two officers in the car suddenly began to shake uncontrollably and it looked as if someone were twisting and mixing their faces. In short time, the two police officers had disappeared and the two agents from earlier had taken their place.

The agent slowly put the intercom back and increased his speed with sirens blasting behind the passengers in the sedan who were attempting to escape.

Kagome was sacred and unsure of what to say. After gathering her strength she said, "You're the guy from on the phone, aren't you?"

"Yeah," he replied, not taking his eyes off the road. His driving skills where amazing. They were zooming down mostly empty roads at this time at day. It seemed he was heading for the outskirts of the main city.

"My names Disk, by the way," he said, hoping to lighten the mood.

"Are we going to be all right?" Kagome asked, almost on the verge of tears from everything that had happened.

Disk looked to the rearview mirror at the two agents sitting in the front of the police car. "Let's hope so," he said wretchedly as he continued to head to the building he had mentioned in his phone call.

~

Inuyasha hopped out of the well and kneeled to the ground, smelling it. He caught Kagome's scent, along with hundreds of others. "She was just here a few moments ago," he said to himself as he walked out and followed her scent. `Don't worry Kagome, I'm coming.'