InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "The Matrix Has You" ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3

The building that Disk spoke about on the phone was a brick building that looked exceptionally old and inhibitive. Agents and police still on his trail, Disk made a quick turn and zoomed down into an underground parking lot. Not bothering about the "NO PARKING" sign on the large wall, he stopped at the closest point to the stairs leading up to the main building.

The lot was very plain as the outside of the building. There were only 3 or 4 cars and also one motorcycle sitting in inside, their colors darkened by the shortage of light.

They didn't have much time. Disk and Kagome quickly ran from the car and headed for the gray door that would be the quickest escape. Disk opened the heavy steel door to have a huge black-skinned man staring at them though small circle sunglasses that rested on his large nose.

He was wearing long baggy dark pants, which looked very similar to jeans in a way. His T-shirt was black and very tight on him; it was having a difficult time containing his enormous chest and arm muscles. Kagome also noticed that he was hauling some sort of chain gun under on waist.

Disk knew this person but was still somewhat surprised to see him and said, "Stone, why are you here!?"

"Don't you worry," Stone said, speaking in a profound strong voice. He marched his way past the two who moved to the side to let his large structure move though the door.

"I'll take care of the grunts; you get Kagome up to Arc and the others." Looking back at them he lifted up his gun and got it ready to fire.

Disk was not pleased and annoyed. He knew well of how much of a trigger-happy lunatic he was and what he planed to do with that chain gun. But now wasn't the time to be concerned on others ways of dealing with problems. He motioned to Kagome and they both darted up the stairs, their shoes smacking the steps.

Three police cars backed into the parking lot, many of the officers in horror when they saw Stone standing there with his chain gun and the trap they had fallen into to.

Stone started firing crazily, laughing insanely at the carnage unfolding before him. At least half of the officers were down in a few seconds, one of the cars exploding taking care of the rest.

On the stairway Disk sighed and shook his head at the sound of the explosion below him. Stone stopped firing as the heavy smoke from his gun and the fire caused by the explosion covered his ear-to-ear grin.

Kagome and Disk blasted out of the stairway door onto the main floor. Its ceiling was at least 30 yards above their heads. The inside was nicer that it's outer look, but still was plain with its stone construction. The room was surprisingly bright from the sun coming from the windows and the front where the doorway was.

They quickly ran to the middle of the room and faced the opposite of the doorway, which was a long hallway with metal doors evenly placed on either side. At the end of the hallway was a noticeable elevator, which was their way out of this mess for now.

Disk walked powerfully toward the opening of the hallway, Kagome following him. As they reached the breach of the corridor, the first door on each side of the hall opened up and from each of them walked out one of the agents from the incident at the shrine. Turning their heads quickly and robotic-like to spot Kagome standing behind Disk, Disk flexed his hands, expecting another battle. They closed the doors and started walking to them menacingly.

There was the sound of glass shattering above the four of them and shards of a broken window flew down to them, they appeared to be from claws cutting them evenly sideways.

Coming down with the shards was Inuyasha, softly landing on the floor next to one of the agents. Disk looked in shock and amazement while Kagome was overfilled with joy at the sight of Inuyasha. Catching the agent off guard, Inuyasha sent a hard left hook to the agent's face, knocking him sideways. Even though he was in a frenzy of emotions he saw no need to attack humans with his Tetsusgia, firmly latched to his side.

Inuyasha quickly turned to the other agent firing his right fist in a spin to his head, which was caught and stopped easily by one of the agent's hands. To Inuyasha's shock the agent grabbed his outstretched arm with both hands and flung him across the room behind Disk and Kagome.

Kagome automatically ran over to Inuyasha and kneeled down, hugging him around he waist. She had gone though hell and he was the only thing that could comfort her. "Inuyasha!" she yelled out, almost crying in joy. "You're all right!"

"Yea," he said, also happy to see her. "Don't worry, you'll be fine." he stood up and Kagome let go of him. Disk was still there as he and Inuyasha stood in front of Kagome protectively facing the two agents across the room.

"This does not concern either of you," the agent on the right said in his monotone but still powerful voice.

"We are willing to allow this obvious attack on machine forces to be ignored for the girl." the other agent continued in a nearly parallel tone to the first one.

"Heh, not a chance!" Inuyasha yelled out, pulling out his father's heirloom, the Tetsusgia, transforming into its giant form and pointed it at the agents.

"We have to make a run for it," Disk said calmly, making Inuyasha look at him in astonishment and irritation.

"What the fuck you talking about? I can handle these guys easily."

"They aren't human; you'll be killed in a matter of minutes. Even with your fancy sword." Disk said, looking at the huge sword that he never seen anything like before, as well as what looked liked dog ears on top of Inuyasha's head with his long silver hair and odd outfit he was wearing. Making him look like an idiot to Disk.

"Screw you! I'll take care of it myself." Inuyasha yelled, jumping up into the air to strike down at the agents with his sword. He swung his sword rapidly at the agents but they where able to dodge all the attacks with incredible speed and skill, leaving him hitting empty air. Because of Inuyasha's sword flying around at high speeds the other agents didn't take a chance of attacking and stayed on the defense.

"Goddamned idiot," Disk spat out, seeing him go off. "Come on, Kagome!"

Disk and Kagome headed around Inuyasha and the agents but was stopped at the hallway entrance. Disk pushed Kagome into the hallway and started exchanging random attacks with the agent.

"Get to the end!" Disk yelled out to Kagome, looking to her, only to give the agent the opportunity to block his higher attacks and send a devastating kick to his abdomen flying him hard into a nearby wall creating a hole in the wall from his velocity and falling to the ground, blood slowly oozing from his mouth.

The agent switched his view from Disk to Kagome down a few feet in the hall, causing her to take several steps back in fear. He was about to start walking when Disk grabbed the agent and rotated him around to face him and started attacking him, forcing the agent to juggle attacks with Disk again.

Inuyasha was still having a difficult time hitting the agent even though he only had one target now, the agent weaving in and out of the swings. The agent then fired a fist into Inuyasha's stomach, stopping in his tracks, and then slammed him in the chest causing Inuyasha to soar into a pillar that held up the lower ceiling. He stood up immediately in frustration that he couldn't get a hit on whatever this person or thing was.

Disk was able to knock his agent off to the side with a well placed kick to the side and ran over Inuyasha, who was preparing to charge at the agent again.

"Time to go!" Disk shouted, grabbing the collar of Inuyasha's shirt and ran to the end of the hallway where Kagome was. Inuyasha was taken off guard and was forced to start running with him, even though he desperately wanted to see what his Wind Scar could do.

The two dashed down the hallway, agents close behind them, all of them determined to get to Kagome for whatever reason they had. About three-quarters of the way down the hall, Disk stopped to face the charging agents. With Inuyasha stopping to where Kagome was, he wondered in confusion why he was now going to fight them again when Disk originally said that they should run. But to both Inuyasha's and Kagome's surprise, both agents came to halt in front of Disk.

"This is human territory, if you pass you'll be considered attacking a human base and you will be going against the Human-Machine peace treaty." Disk said with a slight smirk on his face.

The agents slowly turned their heads to each other in the exact same manner and looked back to Disk. "Do not assume that we do not know what that girl has, we will obtain it eventually." one of them said with no sarcasm whatsoever in his voice. The agents then opened a door on their respective sides and walk into it leaving Disk, Inuyasha and Kagome by themselves in the hallway.

Kagome couldn't contain herself anymore. "All right then, what the heck is going on around here!?" She screamed angrily, walking up to Disk to look in him in the eyes. "Who are those people, why and how did you call, and what is this `Matrix' thing!?" She had just about enough of being lost and confused and demanded some answers.

"Yea," Inuyasha said, striding up to Kagome. He was also angry and confused with everything that had happened today. "Hurry up and start talking."

Disk sighed and looked to the floor. "I did what I had to do for your own safety; it was the only way that they wouldn't get the Jewel."

"Wait!" said Kagome in surprise. "They're after the Jewel? How would they know about it?"

"I don't know everything, you're going to have to talk to Arc, he would know. Come on," Disk said, pushing a button on the elevator. The door opened and they all walked in, Inuyasha looking around curiously, for he had never seen an elevator before.

The doors closed and they went up to hopefully find out the truth, a truth they would not want to believe.