InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "The Matrix Has You" ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 13
 
“So that's the plan, we're going to source and getting rid of the jewel once and for all. Now everyone understands what they need to do?” Arc asked the crew of the Zorah who where all sitting at the bridge. It had been about an hour since they had came out of the Matrix from the radical's base. Disk had told about Morator's escape but had kept quiet about what had happened with Kagome. He was sure she didn't want anyone else finding about it.
Disk looked away from Arc for a moment and checked on Kagome, she was standing next to Inuyasha and the farthest away from Arc. She had her head down looking at the floor, Disk being unable to see her face. She hadn't spoke since they had left the headquarters.
She stood there her mind blazing, cursing and hating herself, knowing that if Disk hadn't came then…she didn't want to think about it taking a short glance at Inuyasha who was watching Arc intently. `He was right' Kagome thought to herself recalling what Morator had said. `Weakling' it played back again in her mind, she wanted the images to go away, but it was to no avail.
“Ok good, lets try and get some rest then, dismissed” Arc said who was planning on taking a well needed nap, bringing Kagome back to what was going on to the ship. Most everyone started leaving each of them to take care of their own specific job, leaving only Disk, Kagome, and Inuyasha standing at the bridge.
Each of them stood there wordlessly each with their own thoughts running through their heads. “We should probably have something to eat.” Disk said to Inuyasha and Kagome breaking the silence.
Each of them sat down at the steel table a bowl of the same stew they had eaten back at Axthon. They where the only ones inside the kitchen, and they preferred it that way. They ate in silence till Disk spoke softly “ Don't worry about Kagome, it's not your fault.” Kagome said nothing and kept starring at her bowl spinning her spoon around in the stew aimlessly. “What matters is it that Inuyasha's ok.” he said then returning quickly back to his stew.
Kagome looked up at Disk for a second but didn't meet with his eyes, then after a moment she said barely above a whisper. “Disk, can you spar with me?” with Inuyasha and Disk looking at her surprised.
 
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o
 
“I don't understand why you just can't do it with me.” Inuyasha said a slight growl in his voice. This was becoming something he did rarely now, realizing it did sound weird being full human.
“Well, he just knows certain things you…don't” Kagome said slowly trying not to get Inuyasha mad, it didn't work.
“What The Hell Does He Know That I Don't!?” Inuyasha yelled out furious that Kagome would even consider that Disk was a better fighter than him.
The two of them where near by one of the walls on the bridge Inuyasha had pulled Kagome over here trying to convince her to rethink what she was planning.
“Nothing, but I need someone that is willing to be able to fight me.” Kagome said trying to stay calm. Inuyasha was about to protest but he knew that she was right; he would never attempt to attack Kagome even if it was just sparing.
“You want to get hurt?” he asked, irritated, confused and concerned, all at the same time.
“If that's what it takes, then yes.”
“For what?”
“It's just something I need to do” Kagome said under her breath.
“You ready?” Disk asked from the first chair from Ram who was getting the program ready.
“I'll be right there.” Kagome yelled out. She turned to look at Inuyasha. He had his body turned from Kagome arms crossed over his chest. “Do whatever you what I don't care” he said.
“Thanks” Kagome said kindly smiling. She leaned toward him and have him a small kiss on his check and then hurried over to the chair next to Disk. Inuyasha stood there for a moment slightly blushing, but then proceeded over to stand next to Ram.
 
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o
 
Kagome found herself looking out at a giant city street, it was completely empty and no sign of life. Two large gray buildings where on either side of her, they stretched up above her head all the way to the sky, their height untellable.
She looked down the endless street as it stretched on with a duplicate of the block she was standing at, at every space giving Kagome very strange feeling knowing that no matter how far she walked she would still be in the same place. It was daytime and the sun blasted down without barriers lighting up everything with the exact same amount of light on every part of the street.
She notice instead of wearing the school uniform skirt she had all the other times she was wearing a pair a loose fitting dark purple pants. She recalled thinking about wanting to have something different on when jacking in. Considering the high roundhouse kick she had done before he didn't want Disk seeing anything he didn't need to see. Otherwise she looked just as she has always been her black hair flowing over her shoulders and uniform shirt on.
“Pretty cool, hun?” Disk said from behind Kagome who had seen her looking out at the city in amazement. He had his regular Matrix outfit although Kagome noticed he had no sunglasses on.
“More weird than anything else.” Kagome said, being honest.
“Heh, yea. Maybe it's just me.” Disk said chuckling to himself. “So, there something you want to do specifically?”
“Yea, how do you all that crazy stuff you guys do?” Kagome asked excited.
“What do you mean?” Disk asked unsure.
“You know all that flipping and running across walls.” Kagome said thinking back to Arc's performance back during the weapon practice.
“Oh that!” Disk feeling stupid that he didn't know what she was talking about at first. “Well, that's a little complicated, how bout we start with something simple. Go ahead and try and hit me.”
“What?!” Kagome cried out looking at Disk like he was crazy.
“Come on go ahead and hit me.” Disk said motioning with his hand to his left check showing her where she should aim at.
“But I don't want to hurt you!” Kagome said hoping Disk would reconsider.
“Don't worry, you wont.” He said calmly and acting well in control.
“Alright then.” Kagome sighed uncertain. She then started running at Disk who stood there waiting for Kagome. She brought up her fist and fired it where Disk had specified, trying not to swing too hard.
Disked move quickly out of the way with ease Kagome standing in front of air, Disk having moved to her left side. “Come on” he said acting like a parent to a rebellious child. Kagome took another swing at Disk going faster but still making sure not to hurt him.
Again Disk moved away, Kagome kept trying to follow him increasingly getting more and more frustrated, but Disk was much too fast and nimble for her and left her only coming very close to hitting him. She couldn't take it anymore, Kagome never enjoyed people showing how weak she truly was. She spun around extremely fast bringing her fist along with her.
Once again it was dodged and Disk left his right foot where Kagome causing her to trip and fall to ground. It didn't hurt that very much but she was more annoyed that Disk did that to her. She sat up and looked up at Disk very angry, if it was Inuyasha standing in front of her she wouldn't hesitate in yelling out sit.
“You're holding back.” Disk said bending down to look Kagome in the eye. “Why?”
Kagome looked down at the ground aggravated with Disk, Disk looking at Kagome unworriedly. “Because,” Kagome started quietly “I…almost never had to do anything, every time there was a battle I just hide behind Inuyasha…like a little girl, knowing that I would be protected. And every time, he did.” She said a small smile on her face, Disk his face unreadable.
“But I knew that he wouldn't always be there, I knew I couldn't always hide behind him. That he would need my help. I didn't want to believe it, I wanted to believe that no matter what happened everything would turn out ok, just how I wanted it to be.”
`But I knew…that wasn't true, and it was proven to me I can't let that happen again. I don't want to hide anymore.” She said looking intently at Disk.
“Well, lets start by hitting me.” Disk said a grin on his face giving his hand out to Kagome. She grabbed it and was pulled up to her feet.
“Thanks” Kagome whispered.
“Well then.” Said Disk walking backwards to stand several feet from Kagome “Lets see what you got.” He said confident in position getting ready to fight.
“You got it.” Kagome said, also getting in position, trying to act like Inuyasha much to the humor of herself. Getting set she started sprinted toward Disk, getting ready to attack.
Disk was taken by surprise from the sudden charge from Kagome and was barely able to block the spinning roundhouse kick, which came from his left side, causing him to back up. With Kagome landing on her feet perfectly a sly smile on her face. She wasted little time and began another assault on Disk managed but with some difficulty to block all of her punches and kicks. And her unorthodox and arbitrary style didn't make it any easier.
“Holy crap.” Remarked Inuyasha watching on with Ram, he had never seen Kagome do anything she was doing now and had never done it himself.
“She's a quick learner.” said Ram offhand.
Kagome's offence continued until Disk grabbed a hold of one of Kagome's arms which where outstretched and flung her into one of the large building resting on the sides of the streets.
Kagome hadn't expected this to happened but quickly grabbed on the arm which Disk hand on her and spun around instead having Disk being shot toward the wall. Disk lost his grip and found himself heading very quickly into a brick wall. Instead of slowing down though, he sped up and started running up the wall vertically. Jumping off a few meters up, and flipping though the air landing back in the middle of the street facing Kagome who had a huge smile on her face.
She wasn't even really thinking about what she was doing in a way she just went with the flow going by instinct and feeling remembering how she had kicked Morator across the face. She was quite amazed of her own ability and feeling much better be able to blow off some steam.
Disk making a charge took Kagome out of what she was thinking and back to what was going on currently. Disk sent a hard kick to Kagome's head, which could have possibly taken it off. She quickly ducked and moved to her right facing down the endless street.
She realized that Disk was getting serious after seeing her on that last attack. He made another advance his attacks blocked or dodged, and Kagome countering them which where also blocked or dodged.
The two of them moves back and forth exchanging attacks, neither one of them getting the upper hand. Each of them could notice a smile on the others face, and then both jumped back facing each other, breathing hard from their nose.
Disk suddenly had an idea and gave a devious grin on his face leaving Kagome unsure of what was going on. Quickly Disk ran off not in the direction of Kagome but diagonally toward the building on his right side. Soon it looked like he was right about to run into the wall but unexpectedly he started running across the wall while also moving upward, Kagome noticing his face slightly sweating to keep up the velocity so not to fall.
After running across the wall for a few seconds he jumped off and came up to over 50 feet in the air, and started coming down toward Kagome. Kagome stood there amazed for what seemed like an hour till she noticed that Disk was planning to land right on top of her.
She quickly rolled backwards out of the way Disk landing in the exact same spot where she had been standing. A few cracks appeared in the ground and he knelt there one of his hands resting on the ground.
Kagome not seeing him move thought that he broken some of his bones and was about to help until Disk slowly came up and stood proudly, looking completely unharmed.
Kagome knew he was just trying to show off, but still she was quite impressed. Instead of giving him a show of amazement decided to give him a nice kick toward the chest.
It made perfect contact; Disk not expecting her to attack was knocked back but not hurt very much. He looked up at Kagome giggling softly, which really got Disk annoyed.
Disk quickly ran up toward Kagome and sent a flurry of punches, Kagome able to dodge of block most of them except one which hit across Kagome's chest mainly contacting one of her breast, causing Kagome to blush heavily.
Disk, having fought mostly with male opponents didn't actually mean to do that to Kagome and even if he did he didn't think it was a big deal, that's what happens when you fight. However Kagome was unaware of this and so gave a hard slap across Disk's face after Disk's attack causing both of them to fall to the ground.
Both of them stared at each other for a couple of moments, neither a hundred percent sure of what happened. Disks then started chuckling to himself a smile on his face, knowing he got what he deserved. Kagome smiled as she watched, she was glad there was someone on the Zorah she could truly trust.
Then out of nowhere came Ram's voice Kagome couldn't specify where it was coming from and was almost if some sort of god was talking to her. “Guys we got a problem” anger and despair in his voice.
“What it is?” Disk asked confused
“The jewel...It's gone”
 
(Manaleak: OH NOES!!!! What happened!!? Find out next time damm it…I gota keep my readers still interested. As usual reviews are very much welcomed, if ou hate this fic and think I should die TELL ME!!! And why is no one reading this at mediaminer…)