InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "The Matrix Has You" ❯ Chapter 16 ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 16
 
Caedes zoomed through the door heading to Arc starting to slide out his sword. Arc quickly grabbed on of the M-16's lying on the floor next to the SWAT member's body, he raised it up next to his body just in time to block and stop Caedes sword swing aimed at Arc's chest. The two of them pushed against each other the sword and gun grinding together as Arc slowing stood up, making sure Caedes wouldn't get the upper hand.
Ruby quickly pulled out one of the pistols she picked up and fired at Caedes. He noticed the gun well before she started firing and stopped going after Arc and turned both his body and sword to Ruby.
In a flash he started spinning his sword around to stop in specific spots for less than a second and then move it to another area, while backing up as there where several clangs of metal and spots of flashing light coming from the sword.
Arc who had backed off when Ruby had pull out her gun so not to be accidentally shot, was watching amazed as he soon realized that Caedes was actually deflecting the bullets with his sword, an remarkable feat even by those with special training like them.
He decided that gawking was going to get him nowhere and started firing on Caedes with the M-16. Caedes also noticed this and made a run for the wall closest to him. Arc followed him as he shot across the wall, sword arm stretched out away from the wall. Arc wasn't able to keep up to Caedes' speed and only end up firing right behind where he was.
Caedes continued across the wall till he noticed Arc taking a short glance at the rifle observing it would have to be reloaded soon. He jumped from the wall sideways bringing his sword above his head readying to swing downwards.
Arc threw up his gun and made a couple steps back, getting out of Caedes' path. Caedes came down and slashed right through the sword, which he wanted to be Arc's head. The gun fell to the ground in two pieces a perfect cut made in it.
Caedes shot his head up and saw Arc pulling out a pistol; from the corner of his eye he could see Ruby behind him readying a pistol. He suddenly dropped to the floor and started rolling across it toward Ruby.
Both Arc and Ruby where a little disoriented as they recognized that if they had fired there was a good chance they may have hit each other. They came back to when they saw Caedes start rolling. Arc fired at Caedes barely missing, as was Ruby who was backing up away from Caedes.
Caedes knew that the pistol that Arc had could only hold seven shots per round, he counted off the gunshots coming from him in his head till it came to seven. He then moved his arm out as he rolled causing him to shoot up as he spun with his sword out creating a chainsaw-like attack.
Ruby was very closed to be hit with the attacks but backed up just enough to be safe. Caedes stopped on one of his foot and falling to both feet with another slash all with expert acrobatic skills.
Caedes continued the sword slashes, Ruby having little choice besides dodging them. The slashes where done with perfect style and technique and was quite a challenge for Ruby to dodge them, who had the sword come very close to hitting her on several occasions.
Caedes then dodged an attack of his own; Arc's fist shot past Caedes' head as he moved it to the side. He turned to face to the two and swung a horizontal slash across their chest.
Even Caedes had to admit that was a poorly done attack, it came much further away than the pervious attacks had been. Arc and Ruby both took this opportunity and both of them sent a high straight kick to Caedes' head.
It made contact and knocked Caedes' backwards, not wanting to find himself helpless on the floor, extended his arms and made a backwards flip, making at least three before coming to a stop facing Arc and Ruby again. He dropped his sword and reached into his suit and ripped out a jet-black pistol in each hand, raising them to fire.
Arc cursed to himself, this was a bad place to be having gun fight, nearly no cover was available to them causing them to have to dodge all the shots, or deflect them as Caedes had done, problem was Arc didn't have a sword, so the best idea was to run.
Ruby and Arc ran off in opposite directions forcing Caedes to fire at two targets at once, giving the two of them less of a chance to get shot. The two of them each took to their own walls and started running across them, as the plaster on the wall blasted out being shot by Caedes.
Caedes tossed away his guns which out of ammo, annoyed that they could hold so little. He never completely understood why so many people only used firearms, they where not as useful and it just wasn't as satisfying killing people with them, unlike that of using a sword.
Using his foot he slid it under the handle and kicked it up grabbed it in his right hand and moved and made an attack toward Arc. He came across and swung toward Arc who was still on the wall. Arc made a quick jump from the wall and a cartwheel getting him away from the wall, which was slammed by a devastating slash by Caedes leaving a deep long diagonal cut in it's path.
Ruby ran up to Caedes and made two kicks one from each leg which where both dodged by Caedes. He returned the favor by taking several swings with the sword, also avoided. Once Ruby got the chance again she made more attacks with fists this time making some contact at his lower chest, with the third fist he was knocked back trying to keep his balance.
This was the best time as any and Ruby raised her leg and sent a downward kick to Caedes. Before it made contract with his face Caedes grabbed it in midair and pushed it up causing Ruby to fall down on her back.
Ruby grunted slightly from the sudden fall to the floor and looked up to see Caedes both hands on his sword looking ready to stab it down into her. She made a quick roll to her right and Caedes' sword slammed deep into the floor, safely away from Ruby.
Caedes ripped out the sword from the floor easily and a quick spin and slash to stop Arc from charging into him, and made a one hand backwards flip to position himself away from Arc, keeping his sword in front of him.
The three of them made very little movement Ruby and Arc glanced at each other and looked over to Caedes. All of them where waiting for one of the others to make a move, Caedes trying to decide which neck would blast out more blood when cut. Arc had a bigger neck meaning more blood, but wouldn't be able to cut it that much because of that. Ruby's could shoot out faster having a thinner neck but would certainly end quickly because of the much less blood she would have.
“I would assume Morator is nearby also?” Arc said Hoping to give him and Ruby a little rest before having to start fighting again.
“Right up on the roof.” Caedes' said chuckling, a smile on his face. He was starting to get bored and made a charge at Arc sword straight out in front of him wanting to skewer Arc across his sword.
Arc waited till Caedes was close and made a 90-degree turn to his left. Caedes Seeing the turn stopped and made his own turn causing the two to face each other at the same time.
Caedes raised up his sword quickly and made a slash downward, he smiled knowing there was expected him to not to be able to dodge it, instead he stopped it in midair by clasping at it with open hands from each side. The two starting in a heavy stand-hold, Arc trying to push back Caedes' sword, Caedes trying to get to Arc's head with the blade.
Suddenly it came to Caedes, he threw his head back and shot it right into Arc's head the sword was high enough and they where quite close to each other and so sent his head in the middle of his open arms. It made perfect contact and Arc was knocked back swearing he could see stars in front of him.
Caedes came up again and swung rapidly desperately wanting to see Arc's blood spill out of skin. Arc was still a little under the effects of the head but, but managed to dodge the attacks, probably from the knowledge of the Drunken Fist fighting style.
Caedes then heard a clattering sound and knew at once that Ruby had picked up another gun. He another swing at Arc but let go of the sword at the end of the slash causing the sword the fly toward Ruby.
Quickly Ruby threw up her the M-16 she was holding having the sword stab right through the gun the tip coming dangerous close to her neck even being stopped. She threw down the gun and blocked two punches made by Caedes who had charged after the sword had been thrown.
Caedes' moves where very smooth and quick, although they didn't have as much power as other fighting styles. He ducked under a right cross made by Ruby and made a spinning corkscrew kick, which Ruby had never seen done before from the position he was in.
Ruby got knocked across the head and smashed into the wall on her left side. Caedes pulled out his sword from the gun and attempted to slash right though Ruby vertically. Caedes had taken too much time having to get his sword and only grazed the wall where she had been standing sparks of light shooting out from the friction made by the sword against the wall.
He made a complete 180-degree turn slashing in front of both Ruby and Arc, and continued the assault on Arc, advancing as he backed up from Caedes. Caedes made several swings which where very extended and in large circles.
Arc waited and saw another downward slash getting ready; he shot up his foot and stopped the sword with his thick black boot soles. Caedes was surprised by the unorthodox method of blocking the slash and was unable to block the kick by the other foot knocking his sword out of his hand, while spinning and landing on his feet, not perfectly but worked none the less.
Arc came up and sent a barrage of fist attacks, forcing Caedes back up so not to get hit. He came back and then suddenly had a straight hand to his neck and then to hit chest, stopping him in his tracks, both of the attacks coming from Ruby who had been standing behind Caedes.
Then Arc sent a kick right to his chin on the right side knocking Caedes off to the side rolling across the floor, and stopping knees and hands on the floor. He shot his head up and touched around his mouth, he removed his hand and saw to his surprise blood on his hands.
He couldn't help but smile; it had been a very long time since he had seen his own blood. This was going to be very enjoyable, it had been quite a while since he actually had a good fight. He had to admit he had been taking it too easy with the weaklings, even though he enjoyed even minute of killing them.
He stood up and kicked up his sword that lay nearby and grabbed it in midair, ready to attack again. Ruby and Arc stood adjacent from each other, wondering what it would take to defeat this person.
 
O0o0o00o0o0o0o0o0o0o
 
Disk could only stared bewildered at what the Architect just said, `that can't be right…there's…no way.” He thought to himself trying to stay calm but only breathing heavily. `And how could Kagome, have anything to do with this?'
Kagome watched Disk uneasily, who looked like he was just about to go insane. She wasn't sure what the Architect had met, she had heard the name Neo mentioned before but didn't know anything about him.
“That's Bullshit.” Spat out Disk after taking a deep breath and looking at the Architect sweat on his face.
“Denial is the most predictable of human emotions.” The Architect said unfeeling.
Disk growled under his breath and said “How's that possible then?”
“The anomalies purpose was to take a choice of humans from the Matrix, to rebuild Zion after it's destruction caused by the machines in order to remove the unbalance in the system.” The Architect began.
`Every single “One” followed with the program…except the one known as Neo.” As soon as he said that the screens changed to random video of the Architect and a Man who was wearing a very long trench like coat but was buttoned up at the top, he had well-kept and styled black hair with a prominent chin. He was also wearing sunglasses and standing in the same place as Kagome and Disk where, the monitors showing his face as well.
Disk could only watch in awe as he realized that the person who was standing there was Neo. Kagome wasn't sure who it was but from what the Architect was saying assumed it was Neo as well.
“Unlike the others he choose not to accept the program, mainly because of the human connection he had to another, known as Trinity. I believe it is known as…love.” He said the word with mockery.
“Because of that choice the entire System was on the verge of a cataclysmic obliteration. However, amazingly he was able to create a truce between the two forces and removed the anomaly in the Matrix, forcing the system to be changed in order to keep in a balance. It was reckless, idiotic, and futile, but somehow he created a peace between the Machines and the Humans. But now, as expected, will end.” He said a sly smile on his face, the monitors around him returning to Disk and Kagome.
“After this, it became evident that this creation of the anomaly was in itself one also. So the new creation would have to be formed not as potent as the pervious, but still be able to achieve balance if an anomaly would present itself in the system.”
`Unexpectedly this was not actually achieved by me. During the emergence of the seventh Matrix an interesting phenomenon occurred. The coding of Neo and Trinity, which where still be carried with the Matrix actually combined during the redesign. The actually reason for this is still unknown to me, perhaps another cause of that connection between the two.” He said the last sentence if talking to himself.
“From the combination of the two codes, it split into two entirely new ones, which where insert with two humans created…and those two…” He looked at Disk and Kagome intently, “are you.”
“We're…the children of the…One?” Kagome asked confused unsure what that all meant.
“Preposterous.” The Architect said with a slight chuckle. “As I said you are redesigns of the creation caused by an anomaly. However this would only become evident in the emergence of anomaly in the system.”
“And now there's anomaly now, isn't there?” said Disk said taking in everything amazed.
“It depends on which one you refer to.” The Architect said with a slight smile. Disk and Kagome glanced at each other, troubled.
“Now, it is time to decide, as you found out before there are two possibilities. The door to your right leads to the source and the destruction of the jewel,” Kagome and Disk glancing at it. “The door to your right leads back to the Matrix ensuring the survival of the jewel and the tremendous anomaly carried with it.”
“Kagome I'll go back, you take care of the jewel.” Disk whispered.
“That will not work” Interrupted the Architect, Disk annoyed that he had overheard again. “Because of the jewel's redesign only one of your prime programs will not be efficient to destroy it, both of you must be present in the source for it's elimination to result.”
“Damn,” Disk cursed under his breath, he didn't think that the Architect would lie, if he couldn't understand love, he certainly couldn't understand lying. “How long would it take?” Disk asked wondering if it would be possible to destroy the jewel and stop Morator.
“Hmm…that I wouldn't know, perhaps you can find out for me.” The Architect said smiling again only annoying Disk more.
“I think you should decide soon…I think your friend may be in a dilemma now.” The screens changed and showed Inuyasha killing one of the agent with his Wind Scar and then being shot down with a bullet to the lower abdomen. Kagome watched the short movie terrified and tears starting to form in her eyes as the agent stepped up to him.
Disk looked on surprised and worried, he didn't have a very good relationship with him but he still was a crewmember and, he guessed his friend.
Kagome wanted to make sure he would be all right but the screens suddenly returned back to her and Disk fast as they had first changed.
“Hmm…it's happening again.” Said the Architect watching Kagome interested. “Just the same as last time, that same emotion removing all logical thought, when the answer is right in front of them.”
Kagome glared at the Architect her eyes furious and turned to walk to the door to her left, not giving a second glance. Disk took one last look at the Architect and followed also.
“Well…it seems that there are still many things I need to fix with the anomaly creations.” Watching the two relaxed, trying to comprehend this stupidity of humans.
“Here's hoping we never met again.” Said Disk slowly taking a glance backwards at the Architect when he and Kagome came to the door and pausing.
“Don't worry…we wont.” Kagome heard as she opened turned the handle to the door.
 
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o
 
Inuyasha sat there on his knees still holding at his wound, it wasn't bleeding that very badly but with that along with his earlier wounds in the fight caused him to currently to have his dexterity to be taken out, and be at the mercy of the agent.
He watched furiously as the agent slowly stalked him keeping his gun pointed unmoving at Inuyasha's head, a sinister smile still on his face as he watched him though his black sunglasses.
Inuyasha made a short glance toward the ground and noticed the Tetsusiga sitting nearby him away from the agent's view. He inched the hand not holding on to his wound to the handle while still keeping his view on the agent.
Then finally the tip of the pistol was rested against Inuyasha's head, as he stared up at it on his forehead between his eyes. He looked at the agent who simply said “Prepare for your deletion.” Moving his finger to the trigger.
This was it, Inuyasha grabbed the handle of the sword and jammed it right into the agent stomach, who doubled over from being stabbed by an angry half-demon. The gun was still at Inuyashas head so he made a quick move and got of the way of two shots fired after the agent had been stabbed.
Inuyasha got to his fit gripped harder on the sword's handle transforming it in the body if the agent, he looked at the agent face and was amazed that he still wasn't dead. He gave a grin and ripped out the sword gallons of blood and entrails pouring out of the huge wound made in the agent's body.
Inuyasha didn't want to take any chances so he dug deep into the Tetsusiga's power- having some difficulty because of his wound- and sent another Wind Scar destroying the agent completely, the insides disappearing as well.
Then he heard the door open to his side he looked over and saw Kagome standing in the doorway, who looked relived, that he was ok, but her face changed to horror as she looked at the wound at Inuyasha's side. Inuyasha gave a small smile glad to see Kagome ok and fell to the floor, exhausted.
Kagome quickly ran up to him as he laid face down on the floor, she pushed him over on his back and looked at his calm tender face, “Hey.” He said relaxed the pain from his wounds slowly disappearing seeing Kagome's smiling face.
“Hey.” Kagome said teary eye and then slamming him into a hug, which was quickly released after a yelp of pain from Inuyasha from his wounds being squished, her face red with embarrassed. She gaze returned back to the wound “You OK?” she asked.
“I'm fine. Don't worry about me.” Inuyasha said as he stood up but then almost falling over but being caught by Kagome putting her shoulders over on one of his armpits.
“We need to get you back to the Zorah.” Said Kagome knowing already what the reply would be.
“I said I'm fine damn it!” Spat out Inuyasha angrily as he placed the Tetsusagia back in its sheath and using it as a cane. He did have to admit that this condition wasn't going to help him out any, but he didn't want be shown as a weakling, especially in front of Disk.
Disk was watching the two aimlessly but more interested in the room they where in, it was had to believe that they had been in here early, which brought up something interesting. From what had Disk had guessed, they had been in the Architect office for about several minutes, the question was if the same amount of time had passed outside. Inuyasha could have been fighting with the agents for hours for all they knew.
“What the hell happened here?” asked Disk deciding to find that out first.
“Heh, that was me.” Said Inuyasha quite arrogantly.
“You sure made a mess, sessh.” Commented Disk shaking his head in disgust, Inuyasha staring at him annoyed, Kagome giggling under her breath.
 
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0
 
Arc and Ruby stepped away from each other as Caedes came into the middle making a huge slash though where they had been standing. Caedes decided to attack Ruby this time and came with several low swings while staying in a crouching position and advancing.
Arc came up from behind to provide support but was forced back by Caedes making a spinning hand stand with his legs and sword stretched out, creating a whirlwind of feet and blade.
Caedes pushed off from his planted hand and made a small flip spinning in the air his sword blade in front of him. Arc stepped back both from the flip and then from another slash to the chest.
From there he made a quick sideways roll to his right getting out of the way of a high roundhouse kick to the back of the head. Then standing up facing the two again.
Arc was really starting to get irritated, he was really starting to wish that he had bothered to bring some kind of melee weapon, as fist fighting with someone with a Katana isn't the best idea.
Then it came to him, why he didn't think of it earlier he wasn't sure. He quickly looked around the floor of the room looking for the closest SWAT member's body, it wasn't hard as they where many of them lying around eyes shot back and glazed over.
Caedes watched confused as Arc made his way to the closest body, about six feet away. He kept down and looking like he was going to tackle the body, he fell down to his knees and then started rummaging around the body. Caedes grinned, he was a sitting duck. Raising his sword he charged readying to stab it in the unexpecting Arc.
Ruby had no idea what Arc was doing and almost thought he might be insane, so she quickly ran over, planning on cutting off Caedes in his path. However she didn't have to as she saw soon after starting to run towards him.
A battle dagger Arc had gotten from the belt of the SWAT members had stopped Caedes' sword. He was particularly glad that SWAT members bothered to carry melee weapons even if focusing mainly on firepower. The dagger was normal size with a jagged edged blade, it wasn't much, but it would do.
Once again the two of them where pushing against each other their blades trying to cut through the other but was dealt with a blade as sharp as their own. Arc gave a boost of energy and pushed Caedes back almost making him fall down and making several quick slashes in all directions, Caedes swiftly dodging or blocking them all but it was difficult none the less because of the sheer speed of the attacks from the weapon being so light.
Then came a slash to Caedes' head, which was easily ducked, and then with the perfect opening he sent the sword up aiming to Arc's chest. This was noticed and dodged barely by moving just ever so little bit to the side, the sword just grazing past his body.
Arc grabbed on to the dagger with both hands still above Caedes and started to slam it down hoping to slash into the top of his skull. Caedes rolled away though almost not in time to his right and left Arc slamming the knife into the floor instead.
Arc tried to pull out his knife, but he didn't have anytime from Caedes making a downward hack from where he was kneeling. Arc quickly made a sideways roll as Caedes had done and dodged the slash, which slashed across the floor harmlessly.
Caedes was about to make another attack on Arc when he noticed another knife coming toward him. He hurriedly turned and blocked an attack from Ruby, who had also gotten a combat knife from the SWAT member's bodies.
Caedes pushed Ruby back with his sword and backed up a few feet, seeing Arc getting the knife out of the ground and started to run to him. He held out his sword defensively trying to decide what to do next. Both of them obviously knew how to use those weapons and fight two knife experts at the same time would be difficult even for him.
Then he heard something from behind him just barely, but he could hear the sound of footsteps and also voices, although he didn't know what they where saying, not that he cared. He knew who they must be, the others who had came into the building, he did admit he was wondering where they had went, but now they where going to come to him, `How nice' he thought.
Arc realized at once from the look on Caedes face of what he was going to do, he tried to think of what to do, but before he could do anything, Caedes started to turn around. He knew that he had no choice, there was no way he could stop Caedes in time, he would have to do it, for the sake of the Matrix itself.
At the same exact time both Caedes and Arc ran off toward the door Inuyasha and the others had gone up early, which door handle was slowing turning. Ruby watched as the two of them where running at fast as they could toward it, Arc a few feet behind Caedes and to the side.
Arc glanced over at the side and saw Caedes aiming his sword down readying to be jammed into the first person who would come, he knew from where he was there was no other possible way; he knew that he couldn't back down now, he had to go through with it. He took a deep breath and put the last bit of energy he could to get in front of Caedes and to the door.
The door then slowly opened, Caedes smiling with glee, he put down his head to provide more aerodynamics, he was too close to the door that the person would have no chance of dodging the attack, and because of the unexpected attack the target would have very little chance of being able to block the shot in anyway.
Disk had hesitated to open the door at first because of the possibility of Arc and Ruby still fighting with the SWAT members, though he had confidence that they had been taken care of. He was going to be the first in the room, so he could let Kagome-who was helping Inuyasha down the stairs, much to his aggravation- know if it would be safe for them to enter, currently they where at the bottom of the stairway.
The first thing Disk saw was a man running toward him, sword down aiming at his chest. He quickly realized that it was one of Morator's bodyguards, which was about five feet away from sending the sword right into his body. There was no way he could dodge the attack from the speed he was going and how far away he was. He could only wait and brace for the impact.
Caedes heard his sword stab through the body, there was no mistake, he had heard that sound hundreds of times before. Then he saw the blood, oh what joy it brought to him, it fell on the floor below in large droplets.
He smiled sinisterly and slowly moved his head up to look to see the face of his victim. He was shocked to instead find Arc whose sword was into. His face was in excruciating pain, and stared at Caedes with almost demon-like eyes.
Disk stood behind Arc staring at the sword tip that was sticking out of Arc's back, dripping with blood. He wasn't sure if he was seeing things right, till he heard Kagome gasp from behind him. He could only stare eyes huge in horror, trying to understand what happened, he wanted to move, he wanted to help him but it seemed if he had been frozen solid.
Ruby couldn't only stare also, never in all her years working with Arc, would she expect something like this. She simple stood there dumbfounded breathing heavily wondering why she had realized as he did and possibly done something.
Caedes couldn't help but chuckle under his breath, `what an idiot.' He didn't mind it too much, as long as someone got the sword into them, he was happy. He ripped out the sword from Arc who you could tell every bit of pain from the expression on his face as blood slowly started flowing from his mouth and fell to the ground.
It seemed to Disk if Arc was falling in slow motion, he could almost swear he saw he glance back and smile at him. Why would he do something like that for him? He didn't want to be hit by Caedes but he didn't want Arc dieing over it. He looked up from Arc on the floor and stared at Caedes who was admiring the blood on his sword. He started breathing heavily and angrily, he was going to kill him if it was the last thing he did.
 
(manaleak: Didn't see that coming DID YA?!! Is Arc dead for good? Will Disk face the same fate? What's up with Morator? Why does the Architect look like the KFC chicken man? Why do I only have 45 reviews after 15 chapters while others have over 200 after 13? Why do I suck at spealing? What is Stone's favorite food? Why do I ask so many questions? Find out NEXT TIME!!!!)