InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "The Matrix Has You" ❯ Chapter 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 15
 
The receptionist watched uneasily at the front door, it had been at least ten minutes since the odd group had came in and gone into the elevator, she had heard some rumors that some government issued soldiers were to take them out. Even though they where most likely criminals, she hoped that they wouldn't be hurt.
There where two security guards standing aimlessly in the entryway. They were there to prevent any people from entering, however the receptionist didn't expect anyone to be coming anytime soon till she noticed the front door spinning.
She had an odd felling as the man slowly strolled into the building, something just didn't feel right about him. He had long black hair that covered most of his face and went down to just bellow his shoulders. His suit he was wearing was quite stylish especially compared to the condition of his hair, which looked more like a mess of black animal fur than anything else.
“Excuse me sir, this area is off limits at this time.” Said one of the guards walking up to the man while holding out his hand to stop him.
Caedes paused and smiled, suddenly in a flash blood shot out of the guard's neck causing him to fall to the ground dead. The receptionist noticed a blood stained katana resting in his hands. She could clearly see a gleeful grin on his face, horrifying her more as she watched trembling her hands up by her mouth, trying not to scream.
“Hold It!!” Yelled out the other guard pulling out his pistol and aiming it at Caedes. Caedes turned his head very slowly his eyes brimming with madness and charged the man his sword pointed out in front of him.
Caedes was much too fast for the man and found himself with a sword stabbed into his right lung before he could get his finger on the trigger. Blood shot out of his mouth as he coughed trying desperately to get oxygen but only ended up with a blurring image of Caedes holding the sword in looking down at the floor.
Caedes got up from his position and ripped out the sword blood splattering over the floor as he fell, now also dead. Caedes stood up and admired in his work, watching the blood slowly drip from the tip of his sword.
He heard a small fearful whimper and turned to look at the receptionist who was quaking with fear tears forming in her eyes knowing what this person could do to her. “Excuse me.” He asked calmly and snake-like, “would you know what floor the intruders are on?”
“F-f-f-floor twenty t-t-three” she stuttered quickly not wanting that sword to be jabbed into her neck.
Caedes chuckled under his breath, he enjoyed others people's fear, he could see the true nature of humans as he watched them beg for mercy as he held up his sword at their neck.
“Thank you, very much.” He said politely as he bowed moving his arm across his chest as he did. He returned to a standing position and walked over to the elevator Arc and the others had taken earlier.
The receptionist breathed heavily as she opened up the elevator for him, expecting that he wouldn't enjoy having his path blocked. She had some difficulty working the computer from her hands shaking so violently, but thanks to Caedes slow moving she was able to open is just as he started to come to the door
Caedes walked inside and stood there for a moment and said “By the way” his back facing the receptionist. He flipped out a pistol out of his pocket turned sideways and fired. He watched peacefully the woman fell over a gaping hole in her head. Caedes chuckled and put his gun away as hit the button for the twenty-third floor.
 
0o0o00o0o0o0o0o0o
 
“The Architect?” Asked Kagome confused, Arc hadn't mentioned anything about this.
“Yes, I created the Matrix.” The Architect said folding out his hands to present his screens that still had Kagome and Disk on them.
Kagome hearing that suddenly remembered something, and asked “Is Inuyasha ok?” she said fear in her voice.
The Architect simply stared at her for a moment until he said, “I see you carry as much of that idiotic notion as the previous anomaly.” Dripping with sarcasm. “He is still alive.” Now back to an even tone, saying that the screens abruptly changed to Inuyasha fighting the three agents swinging around crazily with both his sword and claws. Kagome watched restlessly and hoped desperately that he would be all right.
“However, I expect him not to be for very long.” The Architect said the screens returning to Kagome and Disk.
 
0o0o0o0o0o0o0oo0o0
 
Inuyasha yelled out swinging his sword rapidly spinning in every direction possible slicing though desks, glass, and computers, but no agents. Continuously they dodged the attacks and making precise attacks when there was an opening.
Inuyasha stepped back and watched the three agents came and stood next to each other down at the end of the hallway. Inuyasha held out his sword in front of him breathing heavily from his nose. He was just starting to feel the effects of fatigue, which was bad considering the agents hadn't broken a sweat.
Inuyasha was actually quite relived; it had been quite a while before he had a real good fight like this. He smiled arrogantly and held up his sword over his readying to attack.
“WIND SCAR!!” he bellowed as a tornado of bright yellow waves blasted out as Inuyasha slammed down the sword across the ground. The agents where taken by surprise by this attack, which none of them had even seen before, the three of them tried to dodge it but the middle one wasn't fast enough was hit directly with it smashing him across the door which Disk and Kagome had entered
After several seconds the waves dissolved leaving a mess of crushed desks, walls and other rubble where it had been. The two agents who had dodged the attack looked over to the other agents he slowly slid down the door coming to the ground in a heap then disappearing as his coding flashed for all of them to see.
The agents turned their heads up and looked at each other and then looked over at Inuyasha who still had his sword prepared for more.
 
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0
“I must admit, that you have come much earlier than I expected. However I suppose with the circumstances that is to be expected.” Said the Architect still in a calm voice.
“What are you talking about?” asked Disk wanting answers.
“You're here because of the program that you carry, what is known as the `Shikon Jewel.'” He said as if the jewel was some sort of disgusting word.
Kagome slowly pulled out the jewel from her pocket; maybe the Architect would know what to do with it. She held it out in her palm, the Architect's eyes instantly staring at it unmoving.
“Ah, yes, the result of loss code during a emergence of the seventh integral alteration, caused by a system anomaly. And so resulting in the creation of the program, creating an unbalance in the system, however the unbalance was quickly removed and kept that way…until now.”
“So…how do we get rid of it?” Kagome asked
“This is the very flaw of the design created by the just as incompetent human programmers. The original design of the program itself was much less powerful than it is now. The current design was only accomplished by the rebuilding of the program caused by, in part, the recreation of the pervious anomaly.”
Kagome was about to complain about how he hadn't answered the question but something else he had said was more present on her mind. “Are you talking about when…” she said slowly unsure how to finish it.
“You entered the program's creation, in result of the direct connection by the transport program.” He said finishing the sentence for her. Although he had used different words to describe it, she knew he was talking about when she had been in feudal Japan.
“Initially learning of the program's survival, the evident action to take was to destroy it permanently by a code deletion. However the program obtained you because of your…abilities caused from being the recreation of the pervious anomaly resulting from it's programming. And so this was tolerable because of the unproblematic obtainment of the jewel caused by your remaking of it. This held true until the realization of the inevitable chaotic unbalance in the system that would be caused by it if it would be recreated by you stemming from the power in result of you carrying part of the anomaly's code.”
`And so to prevent this I designed a program which would obtain the parts of the program and once was completed delete it, which in turn would removed the possibility of a disaster in the system.”
“Naraku” Kagome whispered under her breath knowing instantly of whom he was talking about, although she had some difficulty believing the part about deleting it.
“Yes…I do believe that was the name of the program.” The Architect said if trying to remember something. “Of course this was prevented mainly by the actions of the one known as Inuyasha.” Speaking the name with annoyance.
`Like the Matrix the system created by the program had to be powered by living humans, however because of the simplicity of the program evident from the idiocy of the human programmers it only required the power of one human. The first human child created from when the program first took root in the depths of the system coding. His code was met with massive fluctuation causing him to become as his is now.”
`And so because of you two the program was rebuilt, much more powerful than before, because of that the entire Matrix is now at the chance of a cataclysmic system crash. Destroying every single human being within it.” He spoke his face only hinting a trembling anger rising.
“What do you mean?” asked Disk who had gave a confused glance at Kagome, who only looked at him unsure of what to think.
“This.” The monitors changed and started showing random images that where held in only one screen and some held in many of the screens creating a larger one. Every one of them contained random images of one thing. “Morator” Disk said through his teeth.
“Yes, he has designed a virus, now of course this would be no concern, considering the imperfection held by humans causing it to be futile against a program as intricate as the Matrix.”
`Though because of his obtainment of the program that had been recreated by you.” He said looking directly at Kagome, a little nervous staring into those eyes cold and hard, void of affection. “Using that program he was able to redesigned his virus enabling it to become able to pose a actual threat to the system.”
“He's going to destroy the Matrix?” exclaimed Disk realizing what the Architect was talking about.
“Precisely” The Architect said calmly.
 
00o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o00oo
 
Arc picked up one of the pistols that had been in one of the SWAT team's holster; he was out of weaponry and didn't want to end up in another battle without some guns. The conference room was now a total mess; bodies covered the floor bloodstains on the floor below them. Ruby and Arc had easily taken out all of the SWAT members, with almost no injury to themselves.
It had been several minutes since the SWAT had charged in. The smoke had disappeared now, although there where some small slips of it flying up near the ceiling. Thankfully there had been no other attacks; Arc and Ruby believed that they had only that single group, at least for this building itself.
Once they had rested for a few moments, they planned to go up the building and check on Kagome, Disk, and Inuyasha. There where about to go until Arc's cell phone started ringing.
He pulled it out immediately, and heard Ram's voice on the other end on edge. “Arc, you better head out of there soon, I'm not sure why but there's something really wrong with the coding right now. And there's agents.” He added quickly to the end.
“Where?” Arc asked anxious.
“Floor twenty-seven. Inuyasha's fighting with them, there where three originally, but now's there's only two. Not sure if Inuyasha did that or the agent reloaded.” Referring to how agents moved from one host body to another.
“What about Kagome and Disk?” Arc asked knowing what was on the floor where the agents and Inuyasha where.
“Not sure, they where there, but then they opened up that locked door and I loss them, like when you guys went to the radical's base.”
Arc sighed relived, if that was true, then Kagome and Disk must have made it to the source, the oracle hadn't told him what would happen after that she had simply said `It will be in their hands then.' Still, Inuyasha was still up there and Arc highly doubt that he could take on two agents on his own.
He looked over to Ruby who understood the look instantly, who had overheard some of the conversation. That was one of the many reasons why Arc enjoyed being with Ruby, they just seem to have this whole mind connection.
The two of them where about to run off but Ram interrupted “Oh Shit!! Get Down!!” he yelled out.
Arc knew well to trust Ram with information like this considering that he did have a basic map of everything going around him and Ruby. The two of them took the advice and rolled away from where they had been standing.
The upper part of the door, which they had first entered, was soon covered with hundreds of small holes as the sound of an Uzi blasted off as the far end of the wall started to receive the bullets. Even though Ruby and Arc where completely out of the way of the firing range the Uzi continued to fire till it was clicking, being out of bullets.
The two of them heard a object drop, most likely the Uzi and slowly started standing up, hands at their sides ready to pull out weapons. The door slowly opened; originally it had taken quite a bit of force to open it, but now having been barraged with bullets swung on it's hinges as Caedes appeared standing in the hallway. Hair covered most of his face but both Ruby and Arc could clearly see a large ominous smile on his face.
 
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o00o
 
Inuyasha crashed against the far wall he grunted in pain from the force, but was nothing he couldn't handle. Still he fell down to his hands and knees breathing heavily, he noticed blood flowing down his outfit, but was no concern to him.
He had continued attacking the agents, using the Wind Scar several times, but every time they had easily dodged it, knowing how to predict it. In fact the reason he had been slammed across the wall was because he had been attacked while readying for another Wind Scar, the agent's preventing him from using the abilaty.
There was barely any sign that this room had once held offices, the only thing that had remained untouched by Inuyasha's attacks was the door that Kagome and Disk had entered. He had actually tried entering it, but found it locked tight, only making him have to worry about Kagome even more.
“You are a irregularity of the system.” Said one of the agents to Inuyasha who was surprised that they would bother talking.
“Deletion is inevitable.” Said the other agent finishing the other's sentence perfectly.
“Heh” spat out Inuyasha standing up with his sword at his side the tip resting on the ground. “Sorry If I'm so damn stubborn.” He said a grin on his face; using the term Kagome had called him so often.
The agents where not amused by the comment and simply started marching toward Inuyasha. Inuyasha took little time and suddenly charged out at the agent to his right. The agent was forced backwards to prevent being attacked, spreading the two agents apart, giving Inuyasha a single target to fight.
He swung sideways again, but the agent predicting the attack grabbed Inuyasha's right arm and flung him across the room, smashing him into another wall, droplets of blood shooting out of his mouth.
He looked up to see the other agent running up readying to punch him in the face. Inuyasha dodged it at the last second and left the agent hitting the wall, leaving a huge hole where his fist was.
This was the best time as any so Inuyasha made a giant swing downward, the agents wasn't able to move fast enough and was slashed slightly but it was nothing more than just a large scratch against his chest, however it did slash right though the agents glasses which fell off and reveled the blank unfeeling eyes that freaked out Inuyasha a little bit.
He looked furious seeing blood slowly starting to appear on his suit and attacked with a roundhouse kick to Inuyasha's head. Inuyasha throwing up his sword next to his head on his right where the kick was aimed quickly blocked it. The agent was completely opened, Inuyasha smiled and sent a forward kick to the chest of the agent knocking him back.
Inuyasha threw up his sword and swung as hard as he could downward concentrating on the demonic winds flowing around the Tetsusiga. Once again the bright yellow and orange waves gushed out of the sword covering the agent as he was constricted in pain as Inuyasha could clearly see his form slowly deteriorating.
The waves disappeared leaving no sign of the other agent. Inuyasha was still smiling `Only one more' He was thinking to himself till he heard a gunshot.
He suddenly felt something slash through his abdomen at lighting fast speed, unable to block it. Inuyasha fell down to his knees holding at the wound that was at his right side near his hip, breathing seriously in pain. He had never felt anything like this before and felt much worse than any sort of sword.
He turned his head trembling and looked over the other agent and instantly noticed what had caused it. A pistol rested in the hand of the agent still pointing at Inuyasha.
 
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o
 
“Well aren't you going to do something about it!?” Yelled out Disk.
“The destruction of the Matrix does not affect me or any other machines. A system crash is simply a hinder to an equation that can easily be balanced. How ever for the humans…” he gave a soft smile “that's a different problem.”
“But you need humans don't you?” Kagome asked
“If Morator believes this will stop us, it is simply a showing of human ignorance. We have many other alternatives for energy if it so requires, we have evolved out of the lack of sunlight and we can just as easily evolve from this also.”
Disk stared at the architect furiously fist clenched trying hard not to attack him. He was really annoying Disk with his know-it-all attitude and constant disregard of humans.
He leaned over to Kagome and whispered. “We need to stop him.” Seriously.
“What about the jewel?”
Disk though for a little bit “…we could use it against him.”
“True,” the Architect piped in “But will you be willing to be unable to destroy the jewel?”
“What?” Disk said turning to the Architect wondering how he had overheard them.
“Once you leave this room, the entrance to here will change, the area and the means of entering it along with it. If you return to the Matrix the entrance that you used would just be a normal door, and knowing the time it took to find this entrance from the redesign of the system. It would be a very long time before I would see you again.”
Kagome knew what this meant, either they would have to stop Morator and let the Jewel survive, or destroy the jewel causing the entire Matrix to be destroyed. But there was something pulling more at her mind than anything else.
“What's this whole `pervious anomaly' that I'm supposed to be a recreation of?” she asked slowly, which surprised Disk, but he was wondering about it also.
“I suppose it's best to explain the pervious anomaly first.” The Architect began after a heavy sigh, with his fingertips together in front of him.
“In constructing the Matrix I found that a certain balance needed to be obtained for it to correctly recreate the concept of humanity for users to accept the program. This was not unlike that of a mathematical equation. Unfortunately my first attempts where flawed, but with some readjustment the equation was balanced, even though it wasn't my original design.'
“The balance was that of the human and machines, because not every single human would accept the program and many where able to escape the Matrix, which caused the city of Zion to be created. I attempted time after time to prevent this to make the equation simply that of the machines and the Matrix, but perhaps I was unable to understand the simplicity of the human mind.” He said the last part more to himself.
“And so the equation changed to that of the Machines and Humans, but whenever the equation became unbalanced an equalizer appeared, which resulted in the creation of the program known as the One.”
“You mean Neo?” Disk asked the legends coming back to him.
“Hmm…yes, that was the name of the pervious anomaly.” The architect said
“Then…does that mean…” Disk said slowly trying to piece everything together.
“Yes, that you are the descendents of Neo.” Said the architect said calmly.
 
(manaleak; ON SNAPSZZ!!! Crazy stuff peoples and if you have diffculty understanding what the Architect is saying…deal with it, that's how he is…and come on…I got only two reviews last time…I worked so hard too… *sad*)