InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ ..::~This World, My Home ~::.. ❯ "Let's forget the whole thing..." ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 18: "Let's forget the whole thing…"

 

Disclaimer: Hey guys you know what would be perfect? Anime strippers. Yeah I a want anime strippers for my 21st birthday. I would be one of the happiest females in the world but anyways I don't own Inu Yasha and company except Sesshy which I have locked in my bedroom closet. ^_^

 

Authors note: I have this little bet going on where if I make the next few chapters awesome she will buy me a container of Chunky Monkey © ice cream. Therefore I am most likely going to have a few chapters up in the next two days. ^_^ It's sad how I could be bribed with life's simplest pleasures.

 

Chapter 18: "Let's forget the whole thing…"

 

Inu Yasha laid out on the roof of his house looking up at the stars contemplating life as usual. He sighed and turned over on his side looking at his clawed hand then reached it out in front of him. `It's like she's right in front of me but I just can't grasp her.'

 

"Well while you are moping around up here I wanted to let you know that you have company downstairs."

 

Inu Yasha started and sat up looking at Sesshomaru who was lying down beside him looking up at the stars.

 

"Geez Sesshomaru let me know when you're here. I didn't even here you!"

 

"I did let you know I was here by stating that you had company. So are you going to keep them waiting or…"

 

There was a loud crash below them, where Sesshomaru also sat up next to Inu Yasha and they both looked over to the edge of the roof in front of them. They saw a hand shakily grasp the edge of the roof and then slowly a body was pulled up with the hand and their eyes opened slightly as they saw Miroku huffing and puffing as he pushed himself over and sat on the roof. He sat there for a few moments more catching his breath.

 

"Oh it's you," Inu Yasha said as he looked at the wheezing Miroku.

 

"WHAT HE SAY MIROKU?!"

 

Miroku looked over at the edge of the roof and said, "Inu Yasha said, `Oh it's you.'"

 

"WELL TELL HIM, `OF COURSE IT IS US AND DID YOU START GETTING STUFF FOR THE PARTY YET?'"

 

Miroku turned and looked at Inu Yasha and said, "Of course it is us and did you start getting stuff for the party yet?"

 

Inu Yasha stared at Miroku blankly, "Uh…"

 

Miroku leaned over to the side of the roof and said, "With the blank stare that he is giving me I don't think he did anything."

 

"WHAT! THE PARTY IS TOMORROW. I HAVE BEEN INVITING PEOPLE LEFT AND RIGHT! YOU'RE TELLING ME YOU DIDN'T GET ANYTHING. WHAT THE HELL ARE WE HELPING HIM FOR IF HE WON'T EVEN TAKE THE TIME TO…?"

 

From there on everything else started becoming too incoherent for them to understand. Miroku turned towards them and said, "Did you guys catch all that because that is to much for me to repeat."

 

Inu Yasha laid back down on his back and said, "You know what I don't even understand what I am doing this all for it's not like I am getting anywhere. I might as well forget it, she looks like she was living a good life without me anyway." He turned over to his side again looking off to the distance. Miroku and Sesshomaru looked at each other in shock.

 

Inu Yasha pulled out his hand again to look at it, then he felt a sharp pain in side and had to grasp onto the side of the roof as he almost fell off from whatever had pushed him. He looked up to see two pissed off men with their legs still in the kick position. He pulled himself back onto the roof and yelled, "What the fuck did you do that for?!"

 

Sesshomaru growled, "Did you just say forget it about the whole thing?"

 

"Well I don't see the point anymore because it's not like she even wants to see me."

 

Miroku said, "How do you know what Kagome wants? I mean yeah you tried hard in the beginning but it seems like you don't even want to try anymore and it seemed like you was actually getting some where!"

 

Sango yelled from the side of the house, "WHAT'S GOING ON UP THERE?"

 

Miroku yelled down to her, "Inu Yasha is talking about forgetting the whole thing!"

 

They all heard a crash and then two hands grasping the side of the roof and Sango's angry head popping over the side of the roof, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOUR TALKING ABOUT FORGETTING THE WHOLE THING!" She jumped over the side roof and grabbed Inu Yasha by the arm, "What do you mean you want to forget the whole thing?"

 

Inu Yasha snatched his arm back and said, "Well Kagome has been ignoring me all week and it's just making me think that maybe I am doing all this for nothing and I am just an interruption in her life."

 

Sango's eyes softened and then she said, "If you really think that then you really are an idiot. I can't believe that you would go through so much just to give up now, which is like going through a race and stopping at the finish line. I won't let you give up!" Sango's eyes were now watery and it made Inu Yasha stop with his retort and stare at her. Sango rubbed at her eyes and gave him a watery smile, Inu Yasha looked at Sango then sat down on the ground and said, "What kind of things do you get for parties anyways…"

 

Miroku and Sango smiled at each other then they sat down next to Inu Yasha and Sesshomaru. Miroku gave a big smile and said, "Well you need a lot of booze because we're all growing adults here and to tell you the truth your party would be whack as hell if you didn't have the booze."

 

"Well how are we gonna get that?"

 

Sesshomaru spoke up, "Why don't we get that stuff right now? We could think of what to really get while we're out."

 

They all nodded and got up heading to the edge of the roof when they looked to the side they saw a whole bunch of table and chairs piled on top of each other from the balcony where Sango and Miroku climbed up from. Sesshomaru and Inu Yasha looked at them and Miroku laughed, "Well we had to get up here somehow. We don't have demonic powers like you two do."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^_^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kagome sat on her window sill looking out at the very sky that Inu Yasha was looking at a few miles away. `For some reason I feel so sad. Like someone I know is sad and that makes me sad.' Kagome sighed and looked down at the workbook that she was studying from. She started looking over all the work that she had already put down. She set down the workbook and got up. `You know what I been going through so much. I should write this all down in my diary.' She walked over to her closet and opened reaching for her diary on the top shelf, but then something caught her eye. She reached over to it and pulled it out.

 

"Wow it's my yellow back pack." Kagome walked over to her bed. Sitting down on it she flipped the back pack upside down and emptied all of its contents on the bed. `How come I have so many packages of ramen inside of it. That's something odd to put in a backpack.' She pushed them aside and then lifted up some papers with crayon drawings on it. They looked like little kid drawings of a group of people. Most of them were of a puppy and a kitty together with hearts drawn around them. Kagome narrowed her eyes and looked at it, for some reason they looked like Inu Yasha and Kagome. Kagome laughed out loud, "Ok now I know I am tripping out."

 

She folded the pictures neatly and put them on the side on her end table. She scrunched her nose at all the first aid supplies that were there. `Why do I have first aid supplies here they should be in the bathroom.' She put them on the side of her then she picked up a book that was lying in the pile. She opened and screamed dropping the book. She crawled up her bed backing away from the book. Her door open and her little brother peeked his head through the door.

 

"Kagome what's wrong. I heard you scream." He followed her gaze down to the book and walked in picking it up. He looked at the page and stared at it contently. Then he looked at her, "What were you screaming at?"

 

Kagome shook her head then said, "I thought I saw someone I recognized in that photo album. It must be my imagination."

 

Souta smiled at her and said, "Well it's only you, Inu Yasha, and the gang. I remember when you first told me when you took pictures of them for the first time. See this one with Inu Yasha's face all twisted up. He never believed his face twisted up that bad when he yells until you showed this to him."

 

Kagome laughed then said, "I know me and him used to argue all the time about that then when I proved him wrong he would always try to yell at me with a smile on his face. For some reason that was even scarier…" Kagome's eyes bulged out then she turned to Souta grabbing his shirt front. "You remember Inu Yasha?!"

 

Souta pushed her arms off him and stepped back, "Of course I do. I don't know why you don't talk about him anymore. I just realized that all of the sudden about a year ago you only went to school and you never talked about Inu Yasha. Then when I would say something to mom she would be like, "What are you talking about Souta. Go read a book." Why do parents always say that?" Souta shrugged his shoulders.

 

Kagome stared at him then said, "Souta… Inu Yasha is here… and he said that everything was real… Is it really real?"

 

Souta started and said, "WHAT! Inu Yasha is here in the present are you serious?! Oh man I can't wait to see him. Of course it is true. You always went to the past and you were fighting this Naraku dude..."

 

"Wait repeat that name!"

 

"What Inu Yasha? Wow his name turns you on or something…"

 

"No!! I mean what was that other name you said."

 

"Oh you mean Naraku."

 

"So that was that evil presence that I felt. That also means that I am not tripping what Inu Yasha is telling me is all true."

 

"Of course, Inu Yasha would never lie to you. All he ever wanted to do was protect you what would make you think he was lying to you."

 

"Because everything he is telling me sounds so surreal."

 

"Kagome I don't know why you would think that everything was so unreal. I mean if you could except a reality where you had to travel to the past and fight evil demons this isn't that much more unbelievable."

 

Kagome smiled and then frowned saying, "I just wonder how come you didn't forget but everyone else did. I mean mom forgot."

 

Souta looked like he had a thoughtful expression on his face then gasped and said, "Maybe because I was so indirectly in contact with everything. I mean Mom and Grandpa had to give you permission to go. So they would know more about what was going on."

 

Kagome looked at him and said, "That sounds the most logical. Well what should I do?"

 

"Well I like simple answers and if Inu Yasha wants to get back with you then I say go for it. I always told you I wanted him for my brother in law." He ran out the room as Kagome chucked a box off the bed at him. It landed against the wall and opened up. Kagome's eyes widened as she saw the contents of the box fall onto the floor.

 

"Oh my God. That can't be it can it?"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^_~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Author's note: Well guys stay tuned for my next chapter: "What do you get for a party?" Also I am about to draw some fan art for this story so if you guys can tell me your favorite scenes within the story I am going to draw it. Also I am putting "Inu Yasha's Possession," and "Lemonade and Lime: Book of Lemons," on hold because I haven't been getting as many reviews for this story as I have for those and this is my more in depth story. I will probably post new chapters for those in about two weeks. Finals time is coming up and I have to do an actual animation for my 2d animation principles class. Thanx for working with me you guys. ^_^ Songie