InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ (*Untitled*) ❯ Chapter 14 ( Chapter 15 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Another lovely fantastic chapter!! I'm sorry that the chapters aren't after one another like they were before. Things happen in life. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Plus "A Cinderella Story" comes out today. I'm all siked. Gonna see it with my very best friend. I think Chad Michael Murray is so hot! He's the reason I used to watch "One Tree Hill". Hehehe. I'm pathetic, I know. I've been told plenty of times.

Disclaimer: Me no own this show in which deals with demons and mikos.

Untitled

~ * ~

Chapter Fourteen

The sun shined through her bedroom window, lightening the phone in Kagome's gaze. She'd been staring at it for what had to be twenty minutes now. She was arguing with herself is she should call Sesshomaru or not. He had the right to know, since the freaky, creepy man knew him, and was connecting her to him. But she also didn't want to make him worry, if he was capable of that emotion.

I should do it, she said to herself. But she didn't know if she could. Every girl suffered the consequences of liking someone. Some, like Kagome, could not call the people they like because they were too nervous- even though they knew the number. (A/N: Like me!! ) Others could go for it, and not worry about the outcome. How she wished she could be like that.

I have to! she thought. He has to know that man is after him. So, she swallowed her nervousness and took a deep breath, and picked up the phone. She dialed the number, silently hoping that no one picked up.

"Hello?" a cold, familiar voice asked from the other phone, across town.

Sesshomaru! Her heart starting beating wildly. Oh, she couldn't do this!

"Hello?" he asked again, more irritated.

"Sesshomaru. Umm…it's Kagome." she said softly.

"Kagome."

"Yeah. Umm…I was calling to…umm…ask what you thought of the weather." she said, backing down at the last minute.

"The weather? Why in hell would I care about the weather?"

"Well, I'm glad I know that now. So, good-bye."

"No, wait."

Kagome closed her eyes. How she loved his voice. So deep, musical to her ears. She could listen to it for hours. Maybe she was becoming obsessed. Soon she'll start hanging his picture all over her bedroom walls, and make a little Sesshomaru doll to sleep with at night. She didn't want a doll though. She wanted the man…

"Kagome?" he asked softly.

"Yes?"

"Why did you really call?"

"Umm…well, the real reason is because I've been getting phone calls."

"Phone calls? Why did you call to tell me that?"

"Well, the guy whose been calling me seems to know you, and has given the impression that he's watching me."

Silence.

Kagome swallowed. She had a bad feeling that the silence was not a good thing. Maybe she should have done this in person, so she could see his reaction, and know what he was feeling. Then again if he was angry, she didn't want to be in the line of his wrath.

"Tell me more." he demanded in a soft voice, breaking the silence.

"Well, he called me Saturday saying that he was curious about me, and saying how he saw Sota interrupt us in your car." She blushed, but continued. "Then he called yesterday and he said that he was watching me getting ready for bed, and could hear me singing."

She could hear him cursing. Maybe she shouldn't have told him.

"Are you home alone right now?" he finally asked.

"Well, besides Sota, yeah. Mom and Gramps are out of town, and they'll be back tomorrow." she answered.

"Collect some clothes for you and Sota."

Her brow furrowed. "Why?"

"You're spending the night over here, where I know you're safe."

"Sesshomaru, I can't do that! What would your parents think?"

"Right now I don't care. I don't like you alone without any protection, not even a dog."

"But-"

"Don't argue with me. Just do it! I'll be there in ten minutes to pick you up."

After agreeing with him, she hanged up the phone, and went to tell Sota to collect some things. She knew he wouldn't mind spending the night at Inuyasha's house. You could say that Inuyasha was Sota's role model. But she didn't how she should react to this. She was worried because she didn't know what was going on. But deep down inside, she felt little frogs jumping around happily, knowing that Sesshomaru was concerned for her.

She collected a few things: clothes, her homework, and her bathing suit. She knew that the Kegurai Mansion was equipped with an indoor pool. She was sure that no one would mind if she took a midnight swim to clear her mind. At least she hoped not.

She also placed a new recording on the answering machine, incase her mother called and no one picked up. She didn't want her to worry.

She and Sota waited outside, until Sesshomaru's car pulled up to the curb. She walked to the car, and helped her little brother climb into the back seat. Then she rushed to seat herself into the passenger seat.

Kagome turned her gaze to the driver. "Do you mind telling me why we're doing this?"

"In time, but not now." he answered.

When they arrived at the Kegurai Mansion, Sesshomaru helped the both of them to get out of the car. But he took an extra long time holding Kagome's hand, seeming that he didn't want to let go. She felt the heat pour into her cheeks, and quickly pulled her hand out of his grasp.

Sesshomaru informed the two on where they would be sleeping. Sota would be sleeping with Inuyasha, who didn't seem to like the idea, but agreed to it anyways. Kagome, on the other hand, would have her own room, right next to Sesshomaru. The plan made her feel nervous. Did Sesshomaru do it on purpose?

Kagome made sure Sota was settled in his room, and made sure to thank Inuyasha for sharing his room. He blushed and took her to get out. She did what she was told, only because she knew she embarrassed him, and he never took that well.

She walked into her room, and stopped in the doorway. The room was completed with two glass doors, which led to a balcony that overlooked the garden. A fireplace with two chairs to relax in, and mahogany desk in the corner. But what really had her attention was the bed. It was a four-poster canopy bed filled with beautifully decorated pillows, beautiful purple and blue sheets, and a stuff animal puppy in the middle. She quickly came to her sense, and shut the door, and walked towards the bed. When she picked up the white puppy, she saw a note stuffed in his mouth. She pulled it out, and opened it.

It read:

Kagome,

I'm sure the room is to your likening. I hope that this stuffed dog will keep you company in the night when I cannot.

Sesshomaru

She placed the note on the nightstand, beside the bed. She picked the dog up, and hugged him to her body. She leaned backwards against the pillows, letting her body get wrapped up in the softness. She could get use to this.

Later that night: (A/N: I'm skipping a couple hours. Okay, so maybe a lot of hours. ::Sticks out tongue::)

Kagome slowly walked down the darkened corridor, trying to keep quiet. She didn't want to wake anyone, much less when she was in her bathing suit. She would be so embarrassed if Inuyasha or Sesshomaru decided to take a midnight snack.

She made her way to the pool area, and quickly looked around. The room was dark, but light from the pool made it easy to see. She didn't want anyone to sneak up on her while she was swimming. She had enough scares to last her a lifetime.

She dropped the towel to the tiled floor, and stepped into the shallow end of the pool. It was a heated pool, so the temperature didn't bother her at all. She pushed her body under water, letting her whole body get used to the warmth.

When she surfaced, she turned around, and floated across the water. Oh, she could really get use to this.

"What I don't like about bathing suits is that they don't leave much for imagination. But that suit seems fine to me."

Kagome screamed, and pulled herself underwater. After she surfaced, she saw Sesshomaru standing at the edge of the pool, where she placed her towel. She also noticed that he was only wearing a towel that was wrapped around his waist. She thought she could feel the temperature of the pool going up by ten degrees.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~

Ooooooo, it's proving to be interesting. Lol. Hoped you enjoyed it. Hmm, why don't guys open doors for women anymore? It's never happened to me, but I know I would enjoy it. I guess Sesshomaru is one in a million.

His Everything~ thank you for reviewing. It's good to know that my story is so good that you're getting greedy. Lol.

Akuma_river~ I'm glad you did.

Psycho Demoness~ ah, my very loyal reviewer. I'll try not to hurt myself, but my ankle still hurts though. I never should have tried to imitate. ::Shakes head:: The last chapter was a creepy chapter…I'm so proud of myself!!! ::Hugs myself:: Thank you once more!

Please review!!!!