InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 500yrs to wait ❯ chapter 30 ( Chapter 30 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Blanket disclaimer: I do not claim any rights to Inuyasha or any character associated with the anime/manga. They are the property of Rumiko Takahashi.

I do claim the original characters in this chapter.

My deepest thanks to DarklessVasion for taking the time to do beta work on this chapter. Your expertise is greatly appreciated.

'thinking'
"talking"


Epilogue:



So time continues, forever pushing forward. Time is the silent witness to life. It sees old friendships strengthen and new one's begun. It sees old loves continue and new ones start. It knows our grief when old ones pass and share's in our joy when new ones enter. Seasons come and go, there will be highs and lows, so the years roll by . . .



The Inu-gumi clan has seen their share of losses and gains. Kagome's Jii-chan lived long enough to meet his great-grandchildren and in that all were thankful. Myouga returned to Canada to serve Inuyasha once again, and with him came Reka, the kitsune hanyou.

Shippou and Reka found love in one another and had a kitsune-hanyou son that they named Kazuki. Sesshoumaru and Rin, through the help of medical science, were able to have another child, and this time Sesshoumaru got to experience child rearing without his brother's help. Miroku and Sango were also able to once again have children thanks to the same help Sesshoumaru and Rin received. They now had a daughter, Shinju, and an infant son named Iomei. Kouga and Ayame followed suit and had another son, which they named Takoda.

-

Flash ahead 15yrs after Kagome and Inuyasha are reunited:

-

In a large add-on room in the home of the TaiYoukai of the Americas, sits old Toutousai in a padded rocking chair, the babe Iomei in his arms. Myouga the flea-youkai, unconcealed in his natural form, stands on a castle made from children's plastic blocks. Myouga holds the attention of all the room's occupants as he animatedly tells a story.

"The mighty Inu-Hanyou Samurai Lord bravely fights against the ultimate evil; Naraku: a despicable hanyou made from the unholy union of varied youkai combined with the black heart of a vile human bandit. Lifting his renowned Sword of the Fang, the Inu-Hanyou Samurai Lord pierces the flesh of the evil hanyou." Myouga lifted two of his hands up as if he held a sword. "Cutting into him, the Lord sucks up the youkai's power, leaving nothing behind but the corrupted heart to be cast into hell." Myouga stumbled forward across the plastic castle. "Forcing his wounded body forward, he approaches the beautiful Miko-Hime, who has traveled with him and supported him throughout their quest. Kneeling before her, he declares his undying love for her and asks that she become his Lifemate . . . the Mate of his Heart. The Samurai Lord trembles slightly, awaiting his love's answer." Myouga dramatically tells his audience before him and, having taken on the role of the lord in his story, he kneels down with two of his arms out as if holding someone's hand. He is surrounded by many young ones who inch closer, hanging onto his every word as he weaves his tale of the great inu-hanyou samurai lord, his pack and his miko-hime love.

Sitting around the plastic castle is two inu-hanyou pups, the elder pup is a boy of ten years and the younger, a girl of eight. The boy is a mirror image of his father; silvery white hair and inu-ears with amber colored eyes, while the girl favors her mother, having black hair and inu-ears with brown doe-like eyes. The young girl holds a boy kitsune-hanyou on her lap of only two years old, who has auburn hair, kitsune ears and tail of the same color with sparkling green eyes. Beside her sits a nine-year-old ookami cub with light brown hair held in a high pony tale and stunning blue eyes. A seven-year-old human girl, obviously of oriental descent with her long black hair and rare amethyst colored eyes, sits next to him.

"This is stupid, why was he afraid of a girl?" The ookami-cub, Takoda, asks shaking his head at the flea.

Standing up, Aiko, the black-haired inu-hanyou, looks down at Takoda, shifting Kazuki, the young kitsune hanyou, to her hip and stomps her foot at the ookami-youkai boy. "Shut up Takoda! I love this story; it's so romantic." Aiko says as she sighs with a dreamy look in her eyes.

Takoda stands and takes Aiko's free hand. "Well, yes Aiko, uh . . . you're right . . . it is . . . so . . . romantic," Takoda stutters, trying to save face in front of the young girl.

Shinju leans around them to look at Dakotah, the boy inu-hanyou who has leaned forward to lock eyes with Shinju. Shinju and Dakotah share a mutual look of disgust over the two standing, both rolling their eyes at the mushy display.

"Feh, whatever . . ." Dakotah replies, sighing and shaking his head at his sister, Aiko, and his friend, Takoda's antics. "So Jiji, what happened next?" Dakotah asks, folding his arms over his chest.

Aiko pulls away from Takoda and sits back down next to her brother leaning close to Myouga. "She said yes, right Myouga-ji-chan?"

"Hmmm, yes that is right Aiko," Myouga replied sitting down on the castle.

Dakotah leaned in as well to so he was eye to eye with the flea youkai. "Then what happened?"

Pulling back from the inu-hanyou boy, who was so much like his father, Myouga stumbled over his words. "Well, you see . . . then what happened was...."

"Kazuki knows Myouga-jiji; they lived HAPPYWEE EVER AFTER! Da end." Kazuki, the kitsune-hanyou, yelled, clapping happily as the room erupted into laughter.

In the doorway behind the happy group stands Kagome, a small suitcase in one hand. She smiles at the animated gathering of young ones and gives old Toutousai a small wave bye as he continues to rock Iomei, the infant son of Miroku and Sango. He acknowledges her with a small nod.

Walking away from the room, Kagome exits the front of the house where her lifemate Inuyasha is waiting by his pickup truck. Inuyasha was dressed as always; in a t-shirt, button fly jeans and comfortable moccasins. His long silvery-white hair he has left loose, just for his mate.

"About time . . . what took you so long?" he asks, taking her bag and depositing it in the back of the truck as she climbs into the cab on the passenger side. Walking to the driver's side, Inuyasha climbed in and started the truck, heading down the driveway and turning towards the airstrip. "We should have already left a couple of hours ago . . . I probably should call Mankee and let him know were going to be a little late. What were you doing?"

"Sorry . . . I was checking on the children one more time," Kagome answered, shimming across the bench-seat to sit as close to him as possible.

Smirking at his mate, Inuyasha placed one arm around her shoulders while using the other to steer with, he knew he got the bench-seat in the new truck just for such times. "Everything under control?" he asked, shifting his eyes to her for a moment.

Smiling back she answered, "Yes. Myouga was telling them a story and Toutousai had little Iomei, rocking him."

"Feh, what crap was Myouga filling those pups' heads with this time?" Inuyasha asked, turning the truck into the entrance to the airstrip.

"His favorite . . . the story of the great Inu-Hanyou Lord and his beautiful Miko," Kagome replied as they came to a stop near the runway.

Getting out of the truck, Inuyasha handed the bags over to some of the airstrip workers to load into the plane as Kagome got out of the truck. "You made me wait while you listened to that damn flea tell the pups stories?" Inuyasha asked, turning back to his mate.

Huffing Kagome narrowed her eyes to him. "Inuyasha! I said I was sorry for making you wait."

Wrapping his arms around, her Inuyasha smirked, not really irritated at his beautiful mate. Putting the knuckle of one of his fingers under her chin, he raised her face to make her look at him. Leaning down he opened his mouth, devouring her in a passionate kiss, stroking her lips with his as his hands moved to tangle in her hair. Pulling back and locking eyes with one another, their combined gaze allowed each to see into the other's very soul.

Resting his forehead on hers, never breaking eye contact, he whispered to her, "Trust me. If life before us taught me anything, it's that there are some things that are worth waiting for," he replied, reaching down to wrap his arms around her and lifting her to hold her bridal style. Kagome squealed as he picked her up and carried her toward the awaiting plane.

"So you learned patients without me huh?" Kagome asked, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Yes . . . and, being with you, I learned to grab for what I truly want in life," he replied while tightening his hold on her. "I believe I've got what I desire right here."

By the next day, they were in the Caribbean islands with Mankee for the Celebration of Life. Inuyasha and Kagome had not been to the celebration since they became parents. Now that the pups were old enough that they didn't feel bad leaving them with others for a week, they were back for the first time in over ten years.

Standing on a platform in front of the gathered crowd, Mankee raised his cup to make the first toast and begin the party. "I declare this Celebration of Life to begin, in the name of our Lord Dog, Inuyasha, and his mate, Kagome!" The crowd erupted into cheers as Mankee turned to face Inuyasha and Kagome at the table of honor on the platform where they were sitting. "My friends . . . always remember, time may turn the pages of life, but it is we that make life what it is! The greatest gift we can find in life is love . . . and love, it is immune to time!"

Inuyasha and Kagome smiled at one another, having learned that lesson well and, turning back to their friend Mankee, they raised their cups to him.

Mankee nodded to his friends and turned back to the crowd. "Now let us all show time what it means to live!"




____________________________________________ ____________________________________________



Inu: dog
Youkai: demon/spirit/magical creature
Hanyou: half youkai
TaiYoukai: demon lord
Ookami: wolf
Kitsune: fox
Hime: princess or high-born lady
Dakotah: Native American means friend. (InuYasha & Kagome's son)
Aiko: Japanese means the little loved one/the beloved/love child. (InuYasha & Kagome's daughter)
Takoda: Native American means the friend of all. (Kouga & Ayame's son)
Kazuki: Japanese means pleasant peace/first of a new generation/shining one. (Shippou & Reka's son)
Shinju: Japanese means Pearl (Miroku & Sango's daughter)
Iomei: Japanese means spread light (Miroku & Sango's infant son)



This story is dedicated to Virginia Ann Smith, 1940-2004, "Look mom, that overactive imagination was good for something after all."

A/N: I want to thank everyone who sent their well wishes during my father's illness and for all your kind words and encouragement, I am deeply moved and thankful to all. As many of my reviewers know, I have made a point to try to answer reviews via email to anyone I can who reviews. To those I was unable to, I'm sorry I was unable to do so, but if you are not signed in or if you have no contact info, I was simply unable to do so. I'm going to now answer those.

elemtalobsession: I am terribly sorry if any of my funnies caused any damage to your computer when drink shot out your nose. Glad you liked the Native American influence, I only wish I had some artist talent I would love to draw the characters but, alas . . . not a gift I have.

asharra: I hope the office isn't in too much of an uproar cause of me! Glad I could entertain you.

Katy-beth: Thanks, glad you enjoyed the fic. I actually did a lot of research. The web sites where I got my info from stated these creatures have been reported sighted in every state in the USA and in Canada. This was before I began listing everything. I plan on rewriting some of the chapters of '500yrs' I'll include that web site when I redo that chapter.

rin136: Please go back and reread, I think you overlooked some very important parts in the story if you didn't catch how the humans were able to live through the 500-yrs.

T: When I wrote the first chapter of '500yrs', I had only read the manga to where Inuyasha first gets the new power, didn't know about it's downfalls then. It seems that the way things are turning out in the manga, he is going to be able to control it at some point and my story takes place 3 years in advance of the beginning of the manga, so anything is possible over time.

jasmine: Sorry if any parts scared you dear!!

kagome1500: Well, Shippou sits on the coffee table same way I do, on his hinney! LOL!! Sorry, must be a trait from where I live. People of all ages and sizes use the coffee table as a bench here. I guess if you were not raised with that you might not realize a coffee table is a very study piece of furniture, perfect for sitting on or dancing if the event arises, trust me!!

unknown reviewer: Did I have a message I was trying to tell? A little, yes. Basically I'd say the story is about learning that some things in life are worth waiting for, but to not be afraid to go after those things that are important in life. I think the best way to answer that would be through a prayer I often am reminded of in life, to paraphrase, it goes something like this: "Dear God, give me the strength to change things in my life I can, the serenity to accept those things I can't and the wisdom to know the difference." Life is a gift, see it as that and enjoy it for all it's worth, my friends. Yes I will be doing more writing. Right now I am doing an inu/kag story with the authoress Amyfushigiyugi. It is titled 'Crossed Hearts', and it is on mediaminer, aff and spiral. I personally don't want to put it on ffnet cause don't want to edit it down and don't wish to get deleted as it is nc-17. Anyone interested, just email me and I'll send you the link. This story is going to take some time to write as Amyfushigiyugi is working on her third book to be published and is trying to get it finished and off to her publisher, so she is very busy right now. I will be redoing '500yrs' early chapter to improve them . I'm also working on another story that came to me dealing with reincarnation, it will be awhile to get it posted . . . I'm such a research geek! LOL!!

morbid angel: Kagome will remain how she is, unchanged through out time. Like Miroku, Sango and Rin. Yes, I think Inuyasha finally has his happiness.

Zach: Yes, they might have been a little different in character from the manga but, like you realized, you add 500yrs to someone and things do change a bit. LOL, you sound like me. Stayed up to read all the chapters! That's something I'm known to do!

wendyandpeterpan711: *Bows head and blushes at praise* You are much to kind . . . so glad you enjoyed the story.

To the following; thanks for taking the time to review!
darkcloud / lyn / Jmama521 / ???? / Raven / snowcat / insenshi / InuKagFan / name is.... / TC / InuX / lin / anonamous / ghostreader / Kawaii-CherryWolf / SweetyPieRin / Amarog Scribe / reader1 / Mandz / YASMIN78 / alibaby26 / baka_mai-28 / skaterpg guy / Washuu Ogami / Sara S / PrncessS / inufan625 / goddess892347 / newfan/alize

Sorry if I missed anyone who reviewed if so thanks!

I promised a friend I would advertise for her: New fanfiction readers and writers online group if interested in an online group aimed at supporting writers and readers check out the following group at http(colon)(dblslash)groups(dot)yahoo(dot)com(slash)group(slash)anime_close t(slash)

My only goal with this story was to bring entertainment to others. If I was able to do so, then I thank God for the gift of this story to share with others. Take care all!! littleolmee