InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Blind Heart ❯ Death by Desire ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 3: Death by Desire
 
Kags POV:
 
Just like that, after being asked the most startling question of my life InuYasha decides to show up. Tetsaiga out and ready for action. I looked at him marveling over his stupidity. Did it appear that by sitting on the floor with his half brother that I was in critical need of saving? I did a double take. Black streaks in his hair? Looking closer at him, I now noticed a Red Crescent shape scar on his neck where it met the shoulder. A Red crescent with a small drop representing the Miko. Horrified I reached out with a trembling hand to touch his mark. And promptly dropped it when I got a dual growl from the Taisho brothers. `Wow! Surround sound!'
 
Before I could ask about the transformation the gang and Kikyo arrived. Sango and Miroku wouldn't meet my eyes. Okay first string of panic. Out of the corner of my eye I caught InuYasha swinging at a still seated Sesshoumaru. As any other time when I needed to stop Mr. Impulsive I screamed out “Sit boy”. Only to watch in horror as he sat and immediately jumped up. I threw my head back and pushed every ounce of my powers into a new sit command. While it stopped him it didn't last as long, and I could see the prayer beads glowing with my power. What the hell was going on here?
 
Like a horror movie moment, I slowly turned to Kikyo. Maybe my mind already knew and like a competent mind tried to shield me. But when you persist in looking, you get an eyeful. There was my nemesis; the woman who had beat me for InuYasha's heart and soul. Oh my fucking god! She was alive! She was alive and was a hanyou! She was alive, a hanyou and had an identical mark as InuYasha! She's alive, a hanyou, marked as InuYasha mate and aiming an arrow directly at Sesshoumaru! Even my mind is stuck in a loop. Now I don't mind not being at the business end of an arrow. Matter of fact it was almost refreshing to have an arrow pointed somewhere else. `Higurashi pull yourself together, the newly mated couple are tag teaming Sesshoumaru and it isn't to shake his hand!'
 
“Stop it all of you! I don't need protection from Lord Sesshoumaru. If you noticed his very presence is the only thing that kept all the lesser Youkai in the area from attacking me. InuYasha what are you doing here?” This is where I waited for an answer. An answer in which the blame for this mess gets thrown on my shoulders. “Kagome, I know you followed me and that you saw me with Kikyo. Why the fuck didn't you go back to the camp?”
 
Have I said lately that the idiot is CLUELESS! Hello broken heart! Suddenly I didn't want to do this. I hated my life, I hate InuYasha, and I loathed Kikyo, despised Naraku. I could not breathe! The hate, the emotion was so unlike me that in that moment I snapped. “So, it ends like this. Not dying from an epic battle, not sacrificing myself for the greater good. Dying from a broken heart. Death by desire, catchy isn't it?” and I realized that my inner most thought had just become public access as they passed my lips. Too low for Sango and Miroku but I am sure that the two hanyou and Taiyoukai heard it perfectly clear.
 
“Kagome what the hell are you talking about? Wench do you have any idea of the scare that you gave us? Even though we have Kikyo to help with the Jewel Shards it's still your responsibility, after all you're the one that shattered it! Here everyone thinks you're in danger and we find you practically having tea with the ice king himself! What's next dinner with Naraku? What the hell are you talking about dieing? You sick all of a sudden?”
 
`Okay Higurashi you knew he was an idiot, you know he talks before he thinks. Even if your not meant to be lovers you could still be friends. Screw it, my heart is broken and I am way behind being politically correct.' “InuYasha are you really too stupid to know that for the last four years I have been in love with you! Did you really think that I would simply open my arms and welcome Kikyo into our group? I would say choose InuYasha but you already did, and I fool that am lost. Has it ever occurred to you that I gave up my friends, my education, and indeed my future for this quest? You act like a jealous boyfriend when another male comes around, but you picked the walking clay pot instead of me!'”
 
Maybe I should have spoken looking up; maybe looking at the ground trying to hide my tears was not the best move. Suddenly I was on the ground bleeding from my face. I looked up and InuYasha and it was like I had never seen him. Eyes going to pink, mate mark flaring up and a look a total rage on his face. My blood was staining his hands.
 
“Don't talk about my mate Kagome; it's my duty to protect her”. He fairly growled at me. He took a deep breath letting some of the tension out. I looked at him seeing him for the first time. And didn't like what I saw. I was done. DONE in all caps. I looked at Sango. “Can I borrow Kirara? I need to go home. I can't do this anymore; No I won't do it anymore.”
 
At that's when all hell broke loose. InuYasha grabbed me, and for the first time ever my Miko powers flared at his touch. I knew my powers intimately and this was a whole new plateau. Power strummed through my veins. A whisper of seduction and of death. `Use me, embrace me, we can make him pay and then it will all go away'. My power built to a crescendo. Knowing at that moment I could charge myself to the point of explosion and take out InuYasha with me. Not a very Kagome thought I will admit, and so off tangent that it gave me pause.
 
I looked around. Sango and Miroku were like a sister and brother to me. Shippo was the son of my heart. Could I really just kill them all? I was a horrible person. Just the thought of it was enough. The power disappeared like a flame on candle. I had almost killed everyone. Well everyone except Sesshoumaru, I'm sure he'd survive. I couldn't make my eyes meet anyone. I spun around and ran. Ran as if the very devils were chasing me. But you can't run the devils when they are inside of you. I crashed into a wall, landing once again on my poor abused butt.
 
And looked up to find…….
 
~ 0 ~ ~ 0 ~ ~ 0 ~
 
Maru's POV
 
So the idiot mated himself to the dead Miko. Even without the new streaks and the mating mark, I could tell. Their scents were different. The puzzle solving kicked in. `Okay, the Miko was gone for two hours. What had disturbed InuYasha in his mating? Inu-Youkai did not leave their mate until the dawn when it was final. The dead Miko conversion was also too soon. Non demon mates gradually took on the Youkai traits. Better yet what the hell had possessed me to blurt out the question to the Miko? I blocked out the noise, the emotions and looked with all my senses. Something wasn't right. There was a subtle vibration in the air, a promise of violence.'
 
When he attacked me, his mate mirrored his intent drawing her arrow. Did they think that the two of them could kill this Sesshoumaru? I moved using my demonic speed to stand and move a distance from InuYasha
 
I looked deep into the hanyou eyes. Nobody was home. There was a personality locked inside; indeed a force or presence, but it was not the hanyou. Glancing at the eyes of his mate was like looking into a mirror of his. Something had helped this mating along; something had rushed the transition of Kikyo. Before I could draw any conclusions Kagome began to scream at InuYasha raging against him, fate and Kikyo.
 
The violence potential was escalating. The monk seemed to be meditating; the demon slayer had a death grip on her weapon. The only two of InuYasha pack that were not affected were the kitsune and the cat. `Did this magic, a possible spell the cause of all acting out of character or was it specific to each individual?'
 
Suddenly Kagome was on the ground bleeding from claw marks on her face. Glancing at InuYasha and it showed eyes going to pink, mate mark flaring up and a look a total rage on his face. Blood staining his hands. Growling to her about his mate. `Now he remembers that a mate must be protected at all cost? This was escalating quickly. One false step and it could blow up.' While I wanted to grab him and kill him for touching my future mate I reined my beast in. We needed to solve this dilemma not add to it.
 
At that's when all hell broke loose. InuYasha grabbed the Miko her powers flaring at his touch. Curious that her power knew before her logical mind that something was wrong. I knew much regarding Miko powers yet it seemed as she hit a whole new plateau. Power strummed in the air, cascading against my skin. . A taint of evil subtle as a whisper. A deadly mix of seduction and death. It built until it was a living thing. One burst and the bubble would break.
 
I knew the Miko would be horrified if she lived through it that she was a weapon of destruction. I pondered the intricacies of the spell. It took your deepest fear and desires and brought them to the light. Even I knew the Miko must be given time to mourn her loss of a dream and yet I had blurted out a secret four years in the making. InuYasha was prone to violence; it was his first response to most situations. The Monk and Demon Slayer had better control of themselves. Maybe it was due to their vocation but for what ever reason they did not enter the fray. The kitsune was too young and the cat did not possess any tangible fear.
 
Just as a wind bends a blade of grass, the Miko thought swept away her anger. She was able to look at it from a different angle and was very horrified that she possessed such emotion. Emotion that nearly brought about the extinction of her friends. She stumbled and ran off into the forest. I chased her. Somehow we had to get to the bottom of this attack. Subtle for all intents but an attack none the less. Powerful in its own right having caught 6 skilled individuals in it's web.
 
I jumped in front of the Miko to stop her. Amused that one again she landed on her butt!
 
A/N:
I am trying to pace the story and build it so it makes sense. I'll get to the romance and lemons soon! (I SWEAR) But, people let's not forget they are in a middle of a quest which will include battle! Read and review please!