InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Bloody Temptation ❯ Smells Like Coffee ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A.N. For those of you who like a little spicy tang of vampire via inuyasha, I bring you my current work, A Bloody Temptation. This has been a work in progress of mine for almost a year. It's taken me a while, due to my procrastination, to develop enough of it to post.
 
Also, this story is rated mature for a reason…there will be violence, sex, blood, and references to the before mentioned. (Possibly not in EVERY chapter, but I won't be posting warnings, so beware) If you have a problem with any of these, I suggest you don't read. Otherwise, please enjoy.
Disclaimer: I do not, nor shall I ever, hold any rights to Inuyasha and its characters. However, the storyline and other characters are my own.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
 
 
The wind was somewhat chilly as I sat alone at the charcoal colored table, perched tensely on an equally charcoal chair. It was a fairly small, attractive café outside of Jasper, Maryland.
 
Nothing “special” should have thought to look for me there, or so I thought. I was getting damned overwhelmed with having to deal with all of the “special” people. I was eighteen years old for crying out loud. Most teenagers my age only had to worry about college applications and who would find the sexiest guy to take to prom. (Of course I'd been eighteen for a little while now.)
 
At this point, I could only hopelessly pray that some sexy man would come take me away to a magical land with unicorns who shit butterflies and rainbows that dropped skittles on me whenever I so desired.
 
But, if there was a higher being, he or she had decided they loathed me with an absolute passion; because the closest thing I had come to a prom date was a date with a “special” person. Just the thought of Naraku made an uneasy clenching in my chest.
 
Damn those “special” people and all their specialness. What is so fabulous about using your mind to force women to date you, to then suck your face on their neck with wicked nasty fangs?
 
Who in their right mind would find that attractive? “No one”, is the answer, because even those psycho vamp followers wouldn't find it attractive when looking it in the face.
 
And I was by no means a follower. In actuality, I didn't know Naraku was a vampire when I met him. I was just eighteen and desperately in love. And you know that saying “Love is blind”? Well, nothing truer was ever said. I was completely and totally blinded.
 
It didn't help that I thought I was the shit for having the most gorgeous guy dating me. I was so convinced nothing could go wrong. Nothing is perfect, though, as I soon found out.
 
Because it wasn't long before he whipped out something that made me gasp, and it wasn't your usual something either. His eyes that had once been a delectable shade of mahogany had changed to a bright crimson color. Thinking back on it, I'm not sure if I was more shocked or horrified.
All I could do now was inwardly sigh as I pretended to lightly sip my latte. This past year had been pretty horrible, and I was determined not to let these paranormal folk mess up another for me.
 
I feigned disinterest as I glanced at the fine features of the man in the corner. He had a laptop sitting in front of him, which seemed to have his full attention, and what looked like straight black coffee sitting to his right on a cork coaster.
 
As normal as he looked, there was no doubt in my mind that he was “special”. Maybe not in the exact way Naraku was, but he was in some sense. Witches, werewolves, vampires; they're all gorgeous in a way. Vampires and werewolves always had this glow to their skin though, and this guy was definitely glowing.
 
From where he was sitting, it was hard to judge how tall he was, but I guessed about six foot two or so. From the best angle I could get while still aiming for nonchalance, I could only see the side of his face; the porcelain skin looked so silky, I wanted to shiver. Light colored, almost white hair lay barely past his shoulder, slightly framing his face in wisps of waves.
 
I realized after my ogling, that I hadn't been as subtle as I had hoped. He noticed me, and tensed, leaving me a very nice image of his back muscles tightening to the point they shone through his black button up.
 
Mhmm. That was yummy. I clenched my jaw to keep from inhaling. I didn't need to find him attractive in any sense. I had enough issues without a boyfriend, so I certainly didn't want to add another flavor to an already spoiled recipe.
 
A few more apprehensive moments went by, both of us equally tense. I decided it was best if I ended this desire on my own. Practicing control was difficult, and having been in the sunlight for the majority of the day, I was tired. And being tired dehydrated me. And I didn't want to have to nibble on the laptop guy to keep me from starving.
 
Naraku may have thought he was making me “special”, but I downright disgusted myself. As I said, nobody finds fangs attractive. (Not completely true, there are those few weird individuals who get off on that sort of thing. Like other vampires. But if you couldn't tell, I'm not your graveyard variety vampire.)
 
I'd been a vampire for five years now, and hadn't seen or spoken to Naraku since he told me what I was. And I was going to use every source available to keep it that way for the rest of my excruciatingly long, miserable life.
 
The eye candy with the coffee glanced out of the corner of his eye toward me, having obviously sensed what I was. This time I sighed aloud. No reason to hide my inner turmoil. I stood quickly, exiting with as much haste as possible without seeming strange to the normal people currently in the café.
 
The owner, Jack, bid me farewell as I left, and I raised my hand in return. My voice probably would have come out another sigh if I had tried to use it. Or a growl, as I could now smell the spicy fragrance of the guy I was trying so hard to ignore. Damn the specials and their beauty.
 
There were only a few blocks to my apartment, which I had moved to about three months ago, so I made my way toward it quickly; But not quickly enough. I sensed the coffee guy walk out the door I had just left. I closed my fists tightly as he began walking in my direction, leaving half moon shaped outlines in the palms of my hands. The faint smell of a drop of my blood made me sharply inhale. I realized my mistake a moment too late.
 
I could suddenly sense him so distinctly. And smell him. He was a werewolf. That strong breath was all I needed, and I felt the slight dilation of my eyes. His scent was tangy, a deep musky smell, so unique, and so absolutely identifiable. Gods, he smelled delicious, and in more ways than one.
 
I quickened my pace. All I needed to do was get home, drink a pack of O negative currently inhabiting my fridge, and I would be just fine and dandy.
 
He was gaining on me, I realized half a block later. What the hell did he want?
 
I was caught between wanting to warp-speed myself home, or stopping and waiting on him so that I could eat him. The former was my best bet, but the latter wasn't sounding too bad. Knowing the undeniably glorious sensations of bleeding an immortal, my body ached for him. I ended up standing in the middle of the street, at night nonetheless, waiting on a werewolf to catch up to me.
 
He had a strange expression on his face when he stood a foot from me. I couldn't read it. Confused, or maybe calculating? All I knew was that the cold look on his face didn't deter me from admiring his strong jaw line.
My muscles were all locked up. I had to keep myself focused in case he was some kind of immortal slayer, which would just be the bloody icing on my cake. Because all I needed was another person attempting to kill me. As if one cult, a dangerously sexy vampire ex, three sisters in a witches' coven, and a human brother set on vengeance wasn't enough. (But that was worth moping about another night) I almost sighed again.
 
After about five minutes of me standing there, glaring with obviously hungry eyes, he spoke.
 
“What kind of dealings do you have here?” His tone was brusque and smooth. Deep and sensual. It sent languid chills dancing down my bones.
 
“What business is it of yours?”
 
“I've been living here for,” he paused, “quite some time now. I have no urge to have to relocate because of an irresponsible blood sucker.” His glower was fierce, but I felt more relaxed after the explanation. At least he wasn't trying to kill me. Yet.
 
“Ah. No need to worry then. I don't feed.” This was mostly true. I had upon occasion splurged on an immortal friend, but only if I was invited. (However, I hadn't done that in quite some time, and intended to keep it that way.) And killing humans didn't bode well with me, as I had enough experience to know I couldn't stop if I got started.
 
He seemed unconvinced, but his glare receded. He held my eyes for a few more moments, seeming interested with the color. I'm sure by now there were red rings around each iris. He took a quick step toward me, one I almost didn't catch. I took a long, backward stride. He was challenging me, I knew. He wanted to see if I was lying about feeding, and was attempting to overload my senses to see if I would pounce. I could tell by the look he gave me. Gods, his eyes were expressive. And beautiful, a molten golden color. He seemed surprised now, his eyes minutely widening.
 
He closed them briefly as he deeply inhaled, no doubt wondering why I hesitated when he could smell my bloodlust.
 
“Why?” he asked simply. That was such a good question, because it was obvious to both of us that I longed to inhale his scent as I sank my fangs into him. I blocked off all scents from my senses to try and ease the ache.
“I have no urge to relocate because of an irresponsible pooch.” His face stayed impassive, but his eyes lit with something I hoped was amusement.
 
I stepped back another step. He was just too damned tempting. I couldn't speak, so I merely nodded my farewell and hurried back towards my current home.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
Even after two bags of blood, that spicy scent plagued my mind for the rest of the night.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A Bloody Temptation By: Keitorin