InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Bond of Brothers ❯ A Shocking Discovery ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha duh it's written by Rumiko Takahashi. This is my first fan-fic so please review *crosses fingers*
 
Chapter 1 ~A Shocking Discovery~
 
“It's so nice to be home!” Kagome said and flopped down on her bed in relief. They had only defeated Naraku a few weeks before so she could finally focus on school.
 
“Good bye failing grades!” she called out to the silence of the room. The door bell rang and she heard her mom opening the door.
 
“Is Kagome here?” Kagome heard Eri's voice and quickly ran down the stairs.
 
“I'm glad you're well again, you've been gone for weeks at a time, and we were all worried that you died!” Eri, Yuki and Ayumi hugged her.
 
“I'm glad to be home too,” Kagome responded truthfully, `though I haven't actually been sick,' she though to herself.
 
“Are you really sure it's okay to be home, I mean, you were being hospitalized for tuberculosis,” Yuki said.
 
“No really, I'm fine, you can stop worrying now, I shouldn't be sick anymore,” Kagome waved her hands emphatically.
 
“You seem awfully happy, did something good happen with your weird delinquent boyfriend?” Ayumi asked excitedly. .
 
“Is he still two timing on you? Tell us the latest!” Eri jumped in before Kagome could speak.
 
She sighed rather heavily, she wouldn't be able to stay here completely, Inuyasha would probably come and drag her back for some trivial reason, but she wasn't sure if that was necessarily a bad thing.
 
“He has been two timing you again hasn't he,” Yuki said and grabbed Kagome's hand.
 
“Let's go up to your room and talk!” Ayumi suggested and pulled a rather dazed Kagome up the stairs.
 
“So tell us the latest,” Eri repeated.
 
“Oh he's fine, he actually just got rid of his worst enemy so he's in a good mood,” Kagome answered.
 
“What do you mean by `got rid of?' do you mean he killed someone?” Yuki asked.
 
Kagome had forgotten that people killed each other less frequently in this era so she hastily thought up a lie. “No of course not, his enemy killed someone and Inuyasha got enough proof for him to be arrested.
 
“Oh yeah, weren't you saying that some guy killed your delinquent boyfriend's other girlfriend but he's still in love with her?” Ayumi asked.
 
“Yeah pretty much,” Kagome answered and sipped a little tea, but something made her cough violently.
 
“Kagome! You have to come back right now!” Inuyasha pushed the window open, then realized that Kagome's friends were there. They all had equally shocked expressions on their faces.
 
“DOG EARS?!” Ayumi, Yuki and Eri cried in unison.
 
“Damn it Inuyasha, I can't go back now, we defeated Naraku I need to catch up on school!” Kagome ignored her friend's cries for now.
 
“He has dog ears?!” Yuki gasped again, and then Kagome remembered that her friends didn't know of Inuyasha's hanyou blood.
 
“I'll explain everything later,” Kagome turned back to Inuyasha, “why do I have to go back now? I might still visit on weekends but my first priority has to be school.”
 
“Sesshoumaru kidnapped Shippou,” Inuyasha shouted.
 
“Shippou?! Poor little guy, he's just a kid! What a heartless thing to do,” Kagome muttered.
 
“We need to go back now,” Anxiety climbed into Inuyasha's voice.
 
“I'll explain everything when I get back,” Kagome called to her shocked friends and climbed on Inuyasha's back.
 
“Let's go.”
 
 
Hope you liked it ^.^ my first attempt at any kind of fan fiction, I hope it turns out well, please review!