InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A book with blank pages ❯ A Normal Life ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The sun was rising rather quickly over the green swaying trees. An alarm clock was ringing in a small room where a little girl lay trying to catch a few extra seconds of sleep.
"All right, all right, I am up. Gees." Slowly the girl rose off the purple bedspread, surrounded by teddy bears, and colorful pillows.
"Oh, how can the sun wake up so early?" The girl muttered to herself, not really looking for an answer.
The girl rummaged around her room for a moment before collecting her school uniform and putting it on. She then began to pack her school bag. As she was packing her last note book into her navy blue backpack her father called from the foot of the stair case, "Hurry up Kavaya, you'll be late!" and after a slight pause, yelled up again, "Again!"
"Ok Dad, I am coming!" Kavaya ran downstairs, grabbed a piece of toast from the wooden dinning room table and between chewing mumbled a muffled "goodbye" to her father.

It was like any average day in Takikava, Japan. People driving by, kids walking to school, the sun shining. However, something was still odd about this day. As happy and as bright as it was, something remained ominous. Of course no normal girl of her age would pay attention to something as slight as this.
School was the same as it always was. Boring lectures, given by teachers with bad breath and no personality. Their lectures dragged on as Kavaya took diligent notes and struggled to pay attention. But even the class representative, who was on almost every committee, who received straight A's, and was on most of the sports teams, had to let her mind wander for a little while.
During Kavaya's "History of Feudal Japan" class, her mind wandered into an ancient celebration. In her daydream, there were knights, lords, and ladies. It was a wedding celebration. She was marrying, Inuyasha. A tall half-demon, who lived in the Village of Kaede. He had decided to become a human to marry Kavaya. There were so many people and all of them were so happy for her and Inuyasha.
The school bell snapped her back to reality. She shook her head and thought to her that, that was a stupid dream. Inuyasha was an anime she watched on TV, created by one of Japan's best Animation creators, Rumiko Takahashi, he wasn't real, and never would be.
"Hey Kuenerema, can I borrow your History notes?" Her friend nodded sweetly but was about to ask why when someone else called from behind.
"Hey Kavaya." A tall dark-haired boy was standing closely behind her. As she gave a small turn she smiled and waved happily, cocking her head to one side flirtatiously.
"Hi, I, umm, I was wondering if well, if maybe you wanted to go see a movie with me. I was thinking about the movie The Fighting Inuyasha: The True Test it is suppose to be really good, and cool, with fighting and romance and all kinds of stuff, umm, if you want?" He scratched his head slightly, as though he was about to faint from nervousness. He was trying to speak in a would-be-calm manner but it was obvious he wasn't used to asking girls out.
"Sure Yoshiawa, that sounds really cool. How is Saturday?" Kavaya was much more excited then Yoshiawa thought she would be.
"Great! I'll come by around seven. Bye!" With that he ran off happily, partially thinking to himself that if he ran quickly she couldn't change her mind.

Kavaya returned home, the sun still shining brightly overhead. She went to her room and wrote in her diary. As she was filling up the blank pages she noticed an odd book lying on her bed. As she walked over to it a voice startled her.
"Kavaya, do you like the book?" Her dad was standing in the doorway. "Your mother must have left it when she died. There was a note too, from her I am pretty sure. I found it in the attic. Something told me to look in the attic, I don't know, it was odd. Maybe it was your mother."
"Oh, yeah, thanks dad." Completely shocked Kavaya returned to the book and noticed the note. Slowly she opened it and read the contents to herself.

My Dearest Kavaya,I am dying, I recall many days we spent together and many moments of my childhood. Moments I could never tell you about. I had a secret, which I had never told. This book has magic beyond my knowledge. I toyed with it when I was alive. But even then I could never discover it's full potential.
can use this book to go anywhere, do anything. Try for yourself. Draw a picture, or write a description of a scene, or an image. Believe me it really does work.must be so bright now, and beautiful beyond belief I am sure. You can figure out the secrets, I have faith in you.
didn't want to have to tell you this way, I wanted to share this with you in person. There were so many things I wanted to tell you, but time was not on our side. I died before I could share my secrets. Oh, I went everywhere. Fairy tales, past lands, other countries. It was amazing, now I am giving you the chance to do the same. biggest, and most well kept secret of all is, this is also where I met my true love, and since we could not be apart, I brought him back to my time. Yes, Kavaya, I brought him back.
believe me Kavaya. If you have any questions, as your father. He knows everything.all my love~ mom

As she finished the letter and began putting it away, Kavaya swept a single tear away. Quickly she went to her book bag, ignoring the new mysterious book, and began her homework. She then ran down to dinner without another look at the book.
"So Kavaya, what did the letter say." Her father looked up at her curiously.
"Mom was just telling me how she knew that I was going to turn out to be a bright student and everything, nothing really special." She felt bad to lie, but she didn't feel like rehashing what her mother had said in that letter.
"Oh, and the book? Did you use it?"
"No, I didn't." She started to ask her dad questions about the book. Was he the one that her mother brought back? Was there some other true love for her mom? Did it even work at all? Was her mother insane But she couldn't ask these questions. At least not yet.

Kavaya returned to her room, and looked at the book. "Why didn't she show me this when she as alive? It doesn't make sense." Thinking out loud to herself she picked up the book.
Slowly, she began describing an Inuyasha episode in it. It was the episode when Inuyasha and Kagome were first realizing their love for each other. In search of Jewel shards of course, but still flirting like mad. A rather funny episode that Kavaya had always wished to be in.
As she set down her pencil a burst of green and blue light shot through the pages, engulfing the small room. A faint scream escaped her mouth and she fell unconscious.