InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A book with blank pages ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A low, dull hammering was throbbing in her head as she awoke on a soft grassy knoll.
"Ugh, where am I?" speaking to herself, again, Kavaya sat up and peered around the new area. It was a beautiful forest there were so many trees. As she continued to look around she saw something that startled her, and then it talked.
"Who are you talking to?" A tall white-haired boy, with dog-ears, and sharp claws and fangs, but with a sweet smile, was addressing her.
"Oh, and you dropped this." A tall, but short compared to the boy, dark haired girl handed her the book.
"Oh, thank you." She took the book and ignored the boy's question all together. It took a moment but then she realized who the pair were.
"Oh my gosh! You are Inuyasha. And, and you are Kagome!" Kavaya was hysterical with happiness.
"yeah, and who are you?" The tall white haired boy, known as Inuyasha responded in a very obviously sarcastic tone.
"Oh, sorry, I am Kavaya Misota. I got this book from my mother and it worked."
"What do you mean 'it worked'"? Kagome was very interested in this new girl.
Kavaya explained the whole story of the book, the letter from her mom. Describing the scene, the flashing light, and waking up in this Anime.
"What is really cool though is, you are real. You aren't an anime anymore. You are flesh and blood. It is spooky." Kagome giggled at the thought of her not being real, because to her she was always real. Inuyasha interrupted the rest of there discussion.
"Well, that is all very interesting, but we have Jewel Shards to find! Come on Kagome" Inuyasha looked down right bored, and slightly annoyed.
"Oh, could I come? Please?" Kavaya was pleading, you could see it in her big green eyes. Kagome also pleaded to Inuyasha.
"Yeah, let her come Inuyasha." A small fox ran out from aloft a tree. He was really short and wore a colored shirt and blue overall's. He also wore a polka dot bow in his hair.
"You're Shippo!" Kavaya smiled happily.
Shippo nodded, "Nice, to meet you." Shippo replied happily.
"Oh fine, she can come. Let's go before anyone else tag's along." Inuyasha was being mean and sarcastic, but no one believed he was mean. Kavaya smiled and followed happily, she was going to follow them even if he had said no. But having his permission made it better.
"Oh, yay." Kavaya jumped up quickly and followed Inuyasha's extremely quick pace.
"So Kavaya how long will you be here?" Kagome was trying to find something to talk about with the new girl.
"Until I draw up a new picture I guess."
"Great! You should stay until I go home this weekend. Which according to my calendar is just one more day." Kagome responded. Kagome lived in a different time from Inuyasha as well. She lived a thousand years ahead of him, but she had been traveling to help him search for shards of the Shikon Jewel, for months now. She traveled through a portal in her homeland, called the Bone-Eaters well. It was a long story that Kavaya knew all to well, because she had watched every Inuyasha episode ever created, many times.
"WHAT!? You're going home again!? Why?" Inuyasha looked really upset and kind of hurt.
"I have a life too Inuyasha! Not that you care." Kagome was being slightly rude, but devilishly coy.
"Maybe I am mad because I do care!" After the words left his mouth he wished he could suck them back. Kagome looked really happy.
"Well, what I meant was I care because I want you to find me the Jewel Shards."
"Humph!" Kagome looked really put out. Then she whispered to Kavaya "Maybe we should just leave him here." The girls enjoyed a giggle.
"I heard that." The laughter continued out loud. They walked along the forest edge, for what seemed like hours. Kagome was now carrying little Shippo and conversation had run dry.
"A Jewel Shard!" The abrupt interruption by Kagome started everyone, even Inuyasha, who covered very well.
"So where is it then?" Inuyasha pretended to be cruel but everyone knew he was a sweetie.
"It is over there. Oh no, it is just Miroku." Another boy, human, walked up to them. He was only a little taller then Kagome. He also had black hair, shorter then Kagome's but tied up.
"I brought you these Jewel Shards Kagome." he smiled casually and handed four shards of the Shikon Jewel to Kagome. A loud scoff came from Inuyasha.
"Thank you Miroku." Kagome hugged him innocently and smiled.
"Don't touch him! He is just a... a... perverted monk!" Inuyasha was getting really mad and prying Miroku away from Kagome.
"Oh shut up! If you want to tell me who I can and cannot hug you have to be my boyfriend, which you are not!"
"Well he is still a dirty little-"
Kavaya watched the pair banter for a few minutes before drawing her room to go home. A flash of light the picture of Kagome and Inuyasha fighting, while Miroku and Shippo just watched, swirled to dust as Kavaya landed gently on her soft purple bed.