InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A book with blank pages ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"Well that was fun." A faint gasp escaped her lips. Inuyasha, Kagome, Shippo, and Miroku had all come too.
"Oh my what are you doing here?" Kagome was very puzzled as was everyone else.
"I don't know. Where are we?" Miroku was asking the questions now, surveying the room suspiciously.
Inuyasha looked around the room. "You took us with you! Why did you do that!?"
"I didn't mean to, if I had meant to I would have warned you!" Kavaya searched frantically, for nothing in particular, just hoping something would give her the answer.
"Oh come on, this might not be so bad." Kagome gave a soft smile and cocked her head to one side innocently.
"Oh yeah this is just perfect!" Inuyasha scowled.
"I don't know what to do." She paused for a moment, and thought. "I will ask my mom!"
"Umm, Kavaya, your mom is dead." Kagome was looking very concerned.
"I know that, but we can use the book to ask her. I traveled to your time, so why can't I travel to a time when she was alive?"
"I really don't think that is a good idea. It could mess up the time continuum and stuff like that." Kagome was again trying to be a voice of reason.
"I really want to be able to get you guys home. I don't know what to do." Kavaya began to cry softly.
"Don't cry, it makes me nervous." Inuyasha looked down at Kavaya and began trying to comfort her. Miroku sat down on the bed next to Kavaya and put his arm around her. Hoping that may comfort her somehow.
Suddenly, without a word Kavaya ran out of the room. The remaining four looked at each other for a while, very confused, when Kavaya returned with her father.
"See dad! I wasn't lying, it's really Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, and Shippo. Dad, how do I fix this? I was going to ask mom, but Kagome thought that might mess up the time continuum and stuff. Please dad."
"Oh. Wow. I never thought this would happen. You better sit down for this one Kavaya. Actually let me make tea too." Kavaya's father ran off and came back a few minutes later with tea.
"Ok, here goes." With a deep breath he began his story.
"About seventeen years ago, your mother came across this book. It had been passed down her family for generations. No one really knew where it came from. It was traded with one of her ancestors for rice or something. I don't remember. Anyway, she used it to do her history homework. She would go back in time, study a bit, and come back and write her report, or what have you. That is basically how she passed school.
I came across her one time in her travels. I lived in Europe in the 1300's. Please don't look at me like that." Kavaya was looking at her dad with the utmost of disbelief. Tears were welling up in her eyes, and she couldn't believe what she was hearing.
"Please Kavaya. Anyway, she was doing a report for History class. We met, and fell in love. We couldn't be apart, so when she drew herself home, I followed her. I couldn't be away from your mother, I loved her with all of my heart." Kavaya began crying, unable to comprehend what was happening.
"Oh my, that is really confusing, can it be true?" Kagome placed her hand over her mouth, as though trying not to gasp, she was looking just has confused and hurt as Kavaya.
"Kikyo." Inuyasha whispered, it was barely audible, he understood the pain in which Kavaya's parents would have went through being apart.
"KIKYO!?" Kagome looked at him and was outraged. "What about us Inuyasha? Oh that is right, you don't like me that way, you love Kikyo right?! Oh why do I bother?" Kagome sat on the bed and looked down at the floor.
"Please you two, honestly, this is about Kavaya and her life, not you two!" Miroku was getting mad at the pair and Shippo was napping.
"I am sorry Kavaya, I didn't want to tell you like this. I had actually hoped to never tell you. I know it is awful. Can you forgive me?" Her dad was really pleading, in his eyes all you could see was regret. He scratched the back of his head and frowned.
"Of course Daddy." Kavaya straightened up and brushed away her tears, but only on one side, "now, how do I get them home?"
"Oh, that is easy. Allow me." He grabbed the book from the desk.
"Now, which episode were you in?"
"The one where they are looking for the Jewel, obviously, and they are realizing their love for each other." As her father began drawing Inuyasha interrupted.
"Our love? For each other?" His eyes bugged out of his head and he stared blushing at Kavay's father.
"Ha! You do love me!" Kagome smiled at Inuyasha, and rather then retaliate, he smiled too.
The picture was drawn and the green, blue light began to swirl as the room transformed in to the forest of Inuyasha.
"Is this the right one?" Her dad put down the paper and pencil
"Yep, we are back all right." Kagome looked around and smiled. "Thanks for the ride back Mr. Misota." She smiled again to the man and he smiled back.
"Well, you kids enjoy your lives, we will take our leave now. Come on Kavaya."
"Ok Dad. Good bye Miroku." She gave him a hug. "Shippo," she picked up Shippo and hugged him too. "Kagome," she hugged Kagome as well. "and Inuyasha." She hugged Inuyasha but also gave him a kiss on the cheek. He looked up in shock and rubbed his cheek where she kissed him.
"Bye, Kavaya." He then looked at Kagome and she smiled. "Not like I'll miss you." He smiled at Kavaya as her and her dad walked farther away. Inuyasha grabbed Kagome's hand and they began walking in the opposite direction.
"Ok dad, so how do we get out of here?"
"We just draw home dear. You just have to be well out of other people way. I know, seems like there would be more too it." Kavaya giggled as he drew Kavaya's bedroom and the picture of the forest swirled for a final time, in to a beautiful blue green orb of color.

Back in her room, and no strangers to speak of Kavaya looked at her dad.
"Thank you dad. I don't care if you came from the 1300's, you are still my dad, and I love you." She gave him a big hug, and he held her tightly and protectively.
"I love you too Kavaya, and so did your mother." They hugged for some time, and Kavaya looked at the clock on her bed stand.
"Oh my gosh! I am going to be late for my date with Yoshiawa. Dad, I have to get dressed, would you please, leave?" She smiled, and her dad left the room.
Kavaya changed quickly into a soft pink top and floral purple skirt with Mary Jane shoes. She ran downstairs to wait. She was playing with her cat and the doorbell rang.
"I got it dad." She walked to the door and when she opened it smiled sweetly. "Hi, Yoshiawa."
"Uh hi Kavaya. You look, uh, amazing." He stuttered and gave her a small bouquet of flowers. Kavaya took them and put them in a vase in the hallway. "Are you ready, Kavaya?"
"I sure am. Bye dad." She ran out the door with Yoshiawa, to what new adventures may await her. She would be ready, and she didn't need a book with blank pages where she could escape. Her life was enough of an adventure. But she considered it a nice back up plan.



~Disclaimer, only Kavaya & her dad are my characters. The rest belong to the amazing Rumiko Takahashi