InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Castle Through your Eyes ❯ A flower blooms baring the name Kagome ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Hello again peeps. I hope that you will forgive me for not updating this fic sooner. You may kill me, but I hope you will wait for that moment' till after I finish updating please. *Writer goes hid and has little sister type. * Anyways. I loved the reviews. You people really are helpful and I hope that I live up to your expectations in this fic and my other fic. I know I can't really measure up to the original, just trying my best. So here are some responses for those who have reviewed since my last update, which I thank dearly.

MM-

Szmadad- Your right, me stupid. I hadn't really thought about that. Thank you though for you know reviewing. I only have two reviewers. I ask though, forgive me for updating so late. Answer to you question about the relationship between Sesshomaru and Inuyasha is that no they aren't brother's but they might know each other. I haven't decide yet. I had high hopes that someone would like Inuyasha as an intelligent being rather then just a crazy cute one. Any way thanks for your review!

Tsukiyo Kitsune tears- Thank you for reviewing so many times. I thank you. I am sorry to leave you hanging that, please forgive me. Thank you for sticking with me, I hope you like this next chapter.

FF.net

InuYashaBishi334 (Formally known as LuckyCloud9) - It is okay. I know that everyone has a life, but glad to know that you haven't forgotten about this Shadow. Anyway, better keep praying. I am one mean writer some times you just have to be careful with me. Wahahaha!!! Ok then, next person ne?

Ks-Starshine- Thank you for your review. Tut tut. Don't get to far ahead of yourself there. You don't know Inuyasha's past yet so you can never be sure. I only do Inuyasha and Kagome fics but who knows???? Any ways I am so glad that you think I am doing a good job on the description of the characters emotions. It makes me worry just a tad bit if you can be in theirs and not in your own. Hmmm…. Something might be wrong with that… Just messing. ^_^

LadyCatBailey- Okay, just calm down crazy lady. I mean, I love your reviews but if you keep that up I will be laughing too much to read all of it. Your reviews are so funny. My brother though just gives me a look like, "What the hell are you writing to get that much attention?" I just smile and turn right back to the computer. I am glad you like Myouga. I tried to brighten his character a bit by giving him determination and a pinch of courage. I try. I am so glad you liked the pups seen. I rewrote it like a million times. It is so difficult to get it just right. Yeah there are a lot of crazy fics out there, but you got to give them a chance. All in all I am so glad that you like this fic, and that you took your time to review it. I hope not to disappoint you in this next chapter. Just try and focus not on the tight pants wet or dry too much or you might miss everything else. (By the way he is hanyou, you just don't know that yet)

Well I hope that is everyone from the recent reviews. I hope you guys like this next chapter. I wish to say happy late Easter too, for all those who celebrate it. I hope you like this present! Ja mata till the end!!

Declaimer: I don't own Inuyasha but I do own Anoka. She is from my own book I am writing. So you have to ask before stealing okay? Okays.

"People who fear Death fear Life, and those who fear Life, only becomes closer to the death that they have feared." written by Heather Zobel (I had to put it on there. It is my favorite saying. I might start every five chapter putting my own quotes. I hope you like!)

Chapter 5 A flower blooms, Baring the name Kagome

Inuyasha worked along side with Myouga. Each taking small breaks to get a small sip of broth into their tired bodies. They were weak, but not as bad as the girl they kept fighting to stay alive. She would whimper if Inuyasha was not around and when he was, would snuggle into the warmth he provided. When Inuyasha had to bathe her, it was Myouga's turn to go play and entertain the cubs for a while. For some reason or another they would start to whine at the door, which led his tired body out of the room in a hurry, saying something might be up. The silver master did not mind. Though he didn't admit it, he was quite happy letting the demon go so that he would not see the jewel Inuyasha held in his arms as he quickly bathed the fevered girl.

*Flash back*

Unfortunately for him, he was a dog demon, and well male. Taking the clothing off of her fragile body the first time was not only difficult because she struggled; it was difficult to keep him from joining that struggle. Her breath was heavy. Her heart went back to the humming bird ways and the dewdrops from petals fell from her skin. The only thing that was able to hold him back was the death tang in the air and the shadow of his past.

He washed her body with carefulness. Rubbing herbs on her arms and legs for the circulation to return, and then clear her hair and face of the dirt that pasted itself to her for the past two days Myouga had her to himself. The thought had him growling low, but did not stir anything other then jealousy and confusion. As he treated her body, it was hard not to go into flashbacks. Her body was so familiar. Her breasts were full and she had a flat tummy that, with some solid food, would look immensely stronger then it's weakened state. Her lips that had once been that of icicles were now a deep rose color as her cheeks. Other then those though, she remained pale to him as snow melts in spring. If she could last longer, it would be a miracle. Not that he would be overjoyed or anything. It would just allow Myouga to feel an accomplishment even if bringing her here would be digging her grave. That is, if she would survive the early one.

Inuyasha quickly cut off his thoughts and removed the girl from the tub. The water was after all cold to try and bring down the fever, but if not removed quickly would worsen it. He wrapped the flower into a blanket taken from his own bed, as he held her in his arms. She sank into his warmth as he sat down bring his knees up to her back so that she would be more heated from the cold that surrounded her. Though he was sweating like none other, having to remove his shirt and put his hair into a low warrior's tail, he would not allow the fire to die, or the door to the inner church to be opened for a long period of time. He sighed and looked at her. Her face had small lines from the struggling she did earlier. The battles of the nights were warring and yet she had not wakened. It was going to be a time for the days to come.

*To the present* (please say your not dead on the floor already!)

Myouga saw the way his master held onto the girl as the days bloomed on. He would whisper in her ear to calm her as another one of self-storms headed toward her. The way he would brush the hair from her face and once he caught the master kissing her forehead when it died away. The girl looked around eighteen or nineteen, the same age as the young mistress that lived here all those years ago. He could have sworn there might be some relation between the two, but to no avail. The late mistress had had no family and even then, they would have had all been dead. He sighed as his master left after dressing the girl in one of his long shirts for modesty if she decided to waken. The master would leave and lock himself in the tower and play his flute of sorrow. Then he would come back down to eat a small portion of food then went back to treating the girl.

Myouga would try to take care of the wolves and such while his master did his miracle, his birth right. Then as the master would bathe the girl, it so happens that one of the wolves would bark and so it was his duty to go see what was wrong. In reality though, he couldn't stand the thought of watching something that earlier in his life he decided not to have. But, he still cared for the girl when the master was up in his room or getting much rest. Myouga just slept on one of the steeples for a bed with hay and would wake every now and then to feel the girl's head. If she didn't make it through this, he knew the master would not live for another decade.

? *? *? *? *? **? *? *

Miroku hung his head. Kagome had yet to return from her journey. It was well over a week. The medicine man and priestess had come to take care of their father and said that he had a good chance to live if he was lucking. Miroku knew his father had no intention on dying on them yet. He was a strong man, and a stubborn one at that. Miroku smiled a little as small memories crept their way into his head. The small arguments Kagome and the old man would get into. Like getting a pony instead of the bow she wanted. She wanted to be part of the family and had to have an arrow to do it, not a pony. Well she won that after the pony became food for some beasts. Kagome had cried of course of the little life she grew fond of, but was over overjoyed when lessons began for the arts of archery.

A small tear trickled down Miroku's face of the memory. He had been there every step of the way to see her become what she did. A powerful woman with bows and arrows, but still the gentle young woman she always was. Where was she though? Sesshomaru went looking for her, but only found the circles of horse tracks from Kago. The horse hadn't turned up, and probably won't if Kagome wasn't with her. How could Sesshomaru, one of the most powerful demons out there could not even find her? It was difficult and stressful. Sesshomaru was off the edge, his adoptive family; the only real humans he could get along with; were in dire need of his powers but they didn't work as well in the forest. It was all they could do without having him tear down the whole forest.

Sango slowly stepped toward her husband. The one she was married to because of the young women that was instantly her best friend. Kagome had been the one to make Sango see past the lecher and allowed the real Miroku to step forth to her eyes. If it weren't for Kagome, the child she held within her womb would not be growing as it was. If it weren't for Kagome, Sango would be living with some old geezer now and would have been miserable being a house wife and nothing truly important. If it wasn't for Kagome….

She swept a tear from her eyes as they fell from her tree-darkened brown eyes. She took Miroku's hand in her smaller one. He turned and met her eyes. They both had the same thought.

If it weren't for Kagome, their love would never have been found or existed.

**********

Myouga sat down stroking the fire as Inuyasha once more held the young miss in his arms. She had been moaning for sometime now and hadn't even stopped when the master held her. On his cheeks showed what her own claws left. It hurt even though he was somewhat demon. She continuously cried out a man's name. A name Inuyasha pinned his ears back for. 'Father'

"Master, why don't ye rest? I mean, the work has been done today and the young woman can't even stable herself. Please go and rest yourself." Yet the young lord did not move form his position. He was eye locked in a silver yet brown gaze. The silver reflection of the white moon, as it hit the clouds. Allowing the silver lining to come through. Inuyasha saw that lining, and yet had no idea why.

"W-where…" the young woman asked. Inuyasha looked at her with curiosity, his ears perked and eyes wide. The young flower's eyes began to droop again and Inuyasha listen intently, his demon leans censored on her lips. "Father. Medicine man. Needs help. P-plea-se." Then she was out again and her breath was even. Inuyasha smoothed back her hair and placed her body on the warm covers once more. She was getting better, but it was soon to tell if she would be totally fine.

"Master?" Inuyasha put a finger to his lips and gestured the flea to him then to the door. Both demon and half walked out to the cool part of the castle. "Master?" Myouga tried again. Inuyasha flattened his ears then perked up again at Kagome cough. He hadn't told Myouga her name, but he figured he should have known by now after whispering to her.

"Master, what shall we do about her father? She sounds so worried and I bet those nightmares will vanish if you did so." Myouga asked. Inuyasha folded his arms to his bare chest, scoffing.

"I am taking care of her, well helping you help her. She should be grateful. Her father probably was shot because of her and I am not going to risk it." he turned his back on the flea, starting his way up to that lonely chamber in that silent tower. Myouga sighed and said.

"How is she to know?" then he walked back to the door of the church to check on his patient and maybe even new lady. Mil'lady Kagome.

Okay, this is everyone's warning. I hope to make this a long fic, so yeah, it might be hard to understand at first. It is a puzzle that I promise to put together for you to see the whole picture as each chapter gets done. PLEASE REVIEW!

~ShadowStar666