InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A chibi adventure ❯ The right potion? ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Authors note: It isn't mine…Rumiko Takahashi is a goddess!
Note: Hanyou = half-demon
Youkai = Demon
Miko = Priestess
Osuwari is sit!
Gomen - Sorry
Note: OOCness in Naraku people!
Also: Don't blame me for getting the Japanese attacks wrong…I try my hardest and sometimes I'm just too lazy to go through episodes to look up the spelling ^^;;
May I also note that this story has nothing to do with the progression of the real Inuyasha series!
Work Italics, work!
Posted: August 8th
Chapter 9: The right potion?
 
“Spar-le!!” Kagome clapped her hands and made a tune out of the word sparkle. Inuyasha and the rest of the group raced towards the direction of the screams.
 
“We're almost there!” Inuyasha made sure Kagome wasn't falling and picked up the pace.
 
They reached the edge of the village to see Kaede and Koga fighting off a huge deformed alligator-looking demon.
 
“Oh come on Koga! I would think this would be easy for you!” Inuyasha smirked at the struggling wolf-demon.
 
“It's not as easy as you think, mutt! Why don't you try?” Koga growled, kicking the demon on its underside.
 
“Alright!” Inuyasha unsheathed Tetsusaiga and lunged at the demon himself, after placing Kagome very carefully in Sango's arms.
 
“Guess I'm sitting this one out,” Sango said. She leaned against a tree with Kagome in her arms, watching the fight. Shippo, freaked out by the demon, stayed close to Sango.
 
“I'm going in, Sango,” Miroku said, feeling her up quickly before running into the battle.
 
“M-Miroku!!” Sango blushed and her hand itched to hit something.
 
The demon grabbed Kaede in its mouth and flung her to the side. She landed on the ground close to Sango and Kagome.
 
“Kaede-san!” Sango, Shippo and Kagome rushed over.
 
“I'll be fine…” Kaede managed to say.
 
“Kirara!” Sango called. Kirara mewed and changed forms. “I'll be right back, Kagome. Please don't get into any trouble. I've got to treat Kaede's wounds.” Sango pulled Kaede onto Kirara and climbed on herself.
 
“I'm coming too, Sango! I've gotten pretty good at that!” Shippo said. He climbed on behind Sango and they took off in the direction of Kaede's hut.
 
Kagome sat there with a confused expression on her face. She looked at the battle and at the bow and arrows.
 
“Awwow!” Kagome squealed, picking up the bow and arrow and playing around.
 
“Looks like old Kaede's out of the fight,” Inuyasha observed, yelling his `Kaze no Kizu' attack. The attack didn't seem to affect the demon at all; for it knocked Inuyasha out of the way with its claws.
 
Miroku threw some sacred sutras and stopped short so he wouldn't run into the demon itself. The sutras just dissolved upon impact and the demon had an irritated look in its eye. Just then, something flew past Koga's ear and landed in the demon's left eye. It roared as blood spurted out all over the group. Inuyasha noticed it was an arrow and turned around to see chibi Kagome getting ready to shoot another.
 
“K-Kagome…!” Inuyasha trailed off, dodging an arrow shot by the chibi.
 
“I thought she was a better shot then that,” Koga commented, taking advantage of the handicap on the demon by tearing through its legs with his whirlwind. The demon howled in pain and fell over on its side.
 
“She is…when she's not a baby!” Inuyasha growled, using his blades of blood to sever its head from the rest of its body.
 
“Ooh, nice.” Miroku commented, sitting back and watching the show.
 
Inuyasha ran over to Kagome, picked her up and brought her to the twitching demon body. He held her out in front of him so she could spot the shard. “Where is the jewel shard?” Kagome stared blankly at the hanyou, grinning and he sighed. “Where does it sparkle?” Kagome giggled and pointed to the demon's tail. Inuyasha carried her over and held her close to the tail; she hesitated but reached in and pulled out the glowing jewel shard.
 
“Great!” Koga grinned, walking over.
 
“You stay away from his jewel shard,” the hanyou growled, closing Kagome's hand around it.
 
“I wouldn't take something from my beautiful Kagome!” Koga said in mock shock, smirking. Miroku stood in between the two, looking back and forth between them in feigned innocence.
 
“Let's just go back…” Inuyasha sighed. He kept Kagome away from Koga while they all headed back into the village.
 
“Hey, old hag! Did you live?!” Inuyasha called, barging into Kaede's hut.
 
“I love your greetings Inuyasha…” Miroku mumbled, shaking his head.
 
“Kae'e!” Kagome called from the hanyou's arms. She spotted the priestess on the ground and jumped out of Inuyasha's grasp to run over to Kaede.
 
“She's fine! Just resting! So keep your mouth shut, Inuyasha!” Shippo spoke up and earned a punch to the head as a result. “Ow! That hurt!”
 
“Inuyasha, please.” Sango scolded him and put a wet cloth on Kaede's head. The hanyou grumbled and sat down in the corner of the hut.
 
“So is this what you guys do all the time?” Koga sighed, becoming restless already.
 
“Not all the time. Usually we don't stay more than one night in this village but under the circumstances…” Miroku glanced at chibi Kagome, “we've been coming here quite frequently.”
 
“I see. Well, I'm gonna do some hunting so I'll see you guys later.” Koga walked out of the hut and zoomed away.
 
“Man, that mangy wolf…” Inuyasha mumbled. He looked down to see Kagome crawl into his lap.
 
“Beddy-bye!” Kagome announced, hugging Inuyasha's leg like a pillow and going to sleep instantly.
 
“That's so cute!” Shippo exclaimed, dancing around like a child.
 
“Aw man…how am I supposed to sleep!?” Inuyasha said in exasperation. The chibi started sucking her thumb and all of Inuyasha's current emotions were replaced with joy and a warm fuzzy feeling.
 
ManI've never felt like this around Kagome beforewe gotta change her back soon!
 
“Aww…look at Inuyasha smile!” Miroku teased, pulling at the corners of the hanyou's mouth.
 
“S-stop it, Miroku!” Inuyasha pulled away from him, folding his arms across his chest. “Just go to sleep, all of you.”
 
“Sounds great to me,” Sango stretched, setting her stuff up next to Kaede. Miroku started inching over towards Sango and she flared up. “Even TRY and get next to me you lecherous monk, and you will regret it the rest of your life!!!”
 
“Whoa! Calm down Sango!” Miroku fell over waving his hands. Inuyasha chuckled and closed his eyes, listening to the two bicker.
 
~Morning~
 
“Rise and shine, Inuyasha!” a voice called.
 
THUMP!
 
“Damn, that hurt!” Inuyasha shouted, rubbing his eyes.
 
THUMP!
 
“Stop that damn it!” The hanyou opened his eyes to see Kagome hitting him with one of Kaede's canes. The chibi giggled and whacked Inuyasha again. Inuyasha stood up grumbling, with Kagome still whacking him as he walked out of the hut.
 
“Nice of you to grace us with your presence, mutt,” Koga waved.
 
“Oh shut up you…Kagome stop it right now!!” he growled and crouched down to Kagome's level. She gave him her cutest chibi eyes.
 
“Sowwy Inu!”
 
“Aw…damn…it's too cute…” the hanyou closed his eyes and tried to block out the cuteness. It failed miserably. He scooped her up into a giant hug, which made the chibi drop the cane.
 
“Yay!” Kagome squealed, and would have clapped her hands if Inuyasha hadn't hugged her so tightly.
 
“Oh it's sickening,” Koga rolled his eyes. Sango and Miroku looked at each other smiling.
 
“I think it's very touching,” Miroku chuckled.
 
“They were meant for each other from the start,” Sango nodded.
 
“Wha?!” Koga stuttered.
 
“If only they'd stop being baka's about it,” Shippo grumbled.
 
“Okay we gotta change Kagome back NOW,” Koga turned and stomped off.
 
“Where is Koga going?” Kaede asked, limping over carrying water.
 
“Probably to try and beat a solution out of Naraku,” Miroku chuckled again.
 
“I'm so bored,” Inuyasha whined, putting Kagome on the ground.
 
“Oh get over it already, this place is boring,” Miroku sighed, glancing longingly at Sango.
 
“Stop looking at me like that!!”
 
~
 
“Naraku?! Where are you, you twisted sicko!” Koga sniffed the air and ran into a clearing. Naraku sat there bawling like a child while Kagura yelled her head off at him.
 
“Oh…it's only you,” Kagura completely ignored Koga and went back to yelling, “I swear --- you behave or I'll leave before you can even say `hey'! I mean it this time! You better NOT spray me with any weird solutions or try your stupid experiments on me! Use Kanna for all I care! NOT ME!”
 
“Um…I guess this is a bad time…” Koga said feeling a little stupid. Naraku was the most feared in the land and he was bawling!
 
“But I need to change the chibi back! She scares me!!” Naraku sniffed pathetically.
 
“I won't repeat myself! I hope you've learned your lesson.” Kagura stalked off, leaving Koga with the very un-Naraku like Naraku.
 
“Will you help me?” Naraku asked Koga desperately.
 
“If it's to help Kagome, I guess so,” Koga said hesitantly.
 
“Oh goodie! Let's break out into random song and---”
 
“No! No songs!! What are you crazy?!” Koga backed away from Naraku a few feet. He instantly regretted the decision he made, and wondered how he could sneak away from the maniac.
 
“Okay no songs,” Naraku pouted. “To the lab!” Koga and Naraku vanished in a puff of purple smoke.
 
~
 
“Purple smoke?” Koga asked incredulously.
 
“Yeah…I've grown very fond of that color, since most of my clothing is purple,” Naraku smiled. Koga smacked his face with his hand and sighed. This was not going to be easy. “Okay now, drink this.” Something pink was shoved into Koga's hands.
 
“Does everything have to be girly colors?” Koga moaned. He drank it anyway. The room started spinning and Koga held his head. “What the hell is going on?!” Then there was a faint `pop!' sound and a Koga rabbit was sitting on the floor.
 
“That's not right…” Naraku mumbled and dropped a bit of a yellow solution on the rabbit's head. Koga turned back to normal.
 
“That…I never want to experience that again…”
 
Oh my god! Naraku really IS insane!!
 
“Um…” Naraku stumbled over to his lab table and mixed some random ingredients together. The result was a sickening green colored liquid. “Okay try this one!”
 
“Are you kidding?! I'm not touching that stuff!” Koga scrambled away from the disgusting liquid.
 
“Aw…KANNA”! Naraku screeched. The small white haired girl walked in holding her mirror.
 
“Yes?”
 
“Drink this.”
 
“Okay.”
 
Manthat girl is creepy too.
 
Kanna drank the gross stuff and turned into an old lady.
 
“Well, it's an improvement!” Naraku said gleefully, dropping the yellow solution on Kanna's head. She returned to normal and walked away.
 
“How did you figure out that returns people to normal?” Koga asked curiously.
 
“Well, after I turned Kagura into a goat, I was forced to find the solution or she would have bitten my butt!”
 
“I see…”
 
“Will you try this?” Naraku handed Koga a blood red, bubbling substance.
 
“Err…is this safe?” Koga sniffed the stuff and gagged.
 
“Hold your nose while it goes down…that always helps!” Naraku got his yellow solution ready. Koga shrugged and downed the bubbling liquid while holding his nose. He waited for the worst, and nothing happened.
 
“Um…Naraku…I'm fine!” Koga looked to Naraku who was staring blankly.
 
“You want another liquid?” Naraku asked.
 
“No you idiot! I'm fine! Make that red stuff again!!” Koga wanted to pummel the stupid evil maniac so badly.
 
“Oh the bubbling stuff? Okay!” Naraku joyfully mixed together some ingredients and put it in a bottle. “Wanna try again?”
 
“No…I want to give this to Kagome…” Koga said slowly.
 
“Then let's go!” Naraku jumped up and down and the two disappeared in the purple smoke.
 
~
 
They reappeared outside of Kaede's village. Koga dragged Naraku into the village. They passed villagers and they started whispering.
 
“Hey…isn't that the evil Naraku character?…”
 
“Yeah…looks like `im…”
 
“Let's get him!”
 
“People…no need to be alarmed,” Koga said, brandishing Naraku like a sword, “he's perfectly harmless, and stupid to boot.”
 
The people stared at the once genius evil mastermind and laughed when he waved happily. Koga turned around and walked away, shaking his head at the sound of laughter ringing in his ears.
 
“Hey, back so early Koga?” Sango asked, who happened to be walking by and paused.
 
“I brought this,” Koga held Naraku in front of him.
 
“Uh…hello!” Naraku waved.
 
“Oh my god…it almost makes you not want to kill him,” Sango said, amazed.
 
“What?! I smelled---” Inuyasha ran out and stopped short. “Oh. It's only the flea-bitten wolf.”
 
“Well, mutt, I found Kagome's cure, not you!” Koga stood proudly and thrust the red bubbling potion in Inuyasha's face.
 
“Are you serious?” Inuyasha said, trying to hold back laughter, “just looks like a bunch of crap to me!”
 
“Do you think we should test it then?” Koga said testily. Inuyasha shrugged and turned his back to the wolf-demon.
 
“Um…I'll get Kagome, Koga,” Sango disappeared into the hut and came out moments later with chibi Kagome who was blowing bubbles.
 
“What are those?” Koga asked. One of the bubbles landed on the wolf's nose and popped. “Whoa!” Koga stumbled back and tripped over Naraku. The red solution went flying and Koga scrambled to catch it. “Don't let that fall!”
 
Sango and Koga both lunged for it, knocked heads, and fell over. Koga waited for the sound of shattering glass and didn't hear it. He looked up through the stars in his eyes and saw the bottle lying on the ground unbroken. Inuyasha ambled over, picked up the bottle and banged it on the ground. “Hey!!!” Koga yelled.
 
“Leave it up to Naraku to use that weird stuff from Kagome's world,” Inuyasha chuckled. Koga grabbed the bottle out of Inuyasha's hands and kicked the hanyou in the stomach.
 
“We need this for Kagome! Don't break it!”
 
“You wanna fight, you mangy wolf?” Inuyasha stood up in his fighting stance, unsheathing Tetsusaiga. Kagome stood up and put her bubbles down. She ran in between the two giants ready to fight and held out her hands.
 
“No figh'!” She yelled. The two stopped and looked down at her.
 
“I'm sorry Kagome,” Koga apologized and backed down.
 
“I just don't understand what you see in that wolf,” Inuyasha mumbled, sheathing Tetsusaiga and picking up the chibi.
 
“What was that?!” Koga turned around angrily.
 
“Hey, the chibi said no fighting,” Inuyasha held Kagome in front of him.
 
“Whatever. She just needs to drink this and she'll be back to normal.” Koga popped open the bottle and held it out to Kagome. She took it and sniffed it. The three watched as her eyes turned swirly and the bottle fell out of her hands. Fortunately, Koga caught it just in time.
 
“What the hell did you do to her?!” Inuyasha yelled, shaking Kagome frantically.
 
“That happened to me too! Well I didn't faint but still…it's normal! You just have to hold her nose!” Koga explained.
 
“I don't like it,” Inuyasha grumbled. Kagome opened her eyes and looked around. She spotted the bottle and scrambled onto Inuyasha's shoulder and hid in his hair. “Oh look, now you scared her!”
 
“Kagome, really, this will make you all better!” Koga tried assuring her. Inuyasha's hair shook. “Will it make you feel better if I test it for you?” Kagome peered out from under Inuyasha's hair and nodded. Koga sighed, took the bottle and drank it. Nothing happened. “See? Now…oh crap.”
 
“Haha! You drank it all! There's none left!” Inuyasha had to hold his stomach to stop laughing. Sango who was silent the entire time just shook her head, while holding it from before.
 
“NARAKU!” Koga yelled.
 
“Yessss?” Naraku skipped over from chasing butterflies.
 
“Please…don't do that again. Anyway, we need more red bubbling stuff!” Koga ordered.
 
“Right away!” Naraku saluted and vanished in purple smoke.
 
“I hate that purple smoke…” Koga coughed. Inuyasha, Sango and Kagome looked at him oddly. Naraku appeared once again and handed Koga a brand new bottle of bubbling red liquid.
 
“Great! See it's safe, Kagome!” Koga smiled and nodded. The chibi crawled onto Inuyasha's shoulder and took the bottle. Koga held her nose for her and she drank it. The three waited expectantly while Naraku wandered off again. Kagome began to glow and grew; Inuyasha fell down on the ground from the unexpected weight.
 
A 12-year-old Kagome sat there pouting.
 
“Where am I? Where's my pony?! Oh…Inuyasha!” Kagome spotted Inuyasha under her and hugged him tightly.
 
“This is…Koga…I'm gonna kill you…” Inuyasha growled. Kagome put her hands on his ears and stroked them.
 
“Wheee! This is fun!” Kagome giggled.
 
“She's a spoiled brat,” Sango said amazed.
 
“What's going…oh my,” Miroku stopped short, half in the hut and half out. Shippo peered out from behind his legs and went wide-eyed.
 
“C'mon Inuyasha! Play with me!” Kagome squealed, dragging Inuyasha into the nearby field.
 
“You are SO gonna regret this you mangy wolf!!” the hanyou screeched.
 
“Um…Naraku…” Koga motioned him over.
 
“Need more red stuffs?” Naraku asked eagerly.
 
“Well…can you make an aging potion for…3 years?” Koga asked hopefully.
 
“I'll try!” Naraku saluted Koga again and left in purple smoke.
 
“He's so strange,” Miroku shook his head. “It almost makes you not want to kill him.”
 
“I said the same thing,” Sango nodded. Shippo sat down at the edge of the field and watched the 12-year-old jump on Inuyasha's back.
 
“How strange.”
 
“Indeed,” Miroku sat down next to Shippo, “It's actually entertaining in a way, you know?”
 
“I see what you mean,” Sango giggled, sitting next to Shippo as well.
 
Kagome made Inuyasha run and jump around the field with her on his back.
 
“Well think about it Inuyasha, you're working out in a way right??” Miroku called. Inuyasha made an obscene hand gesture towards Miroku and kept running with the devil child on his back. Purple smoke appeared once again and Naraku, looking 3 years older, dropped another bottle into Koga's hands. He tapped some of the yellow stuff on his head and returned to normal.
 
“You used it on yourself this time??” Koga asked.
 
“Well, I tried persuading Kagura and she yelled something about being old and ugly and smacked me!”
 
“Women.” Koga sighed and ran into the field. “Hey Kagome, wanna have a drink to cool you off?”
 
“Okay!” Kagome hopped off of Inuyasha and took the bottle out of Koga's hands. She drank it eagerly and everyone crowded around to see the effect.
 
“Oooh…I'm glowing!” Kagome said excitedly, watching her hands turn gold and then the rest of her body. The group watched in amazement as Kagome aged—exactly 3 years. The light faded and there stood the regular Kagome everyone knew. “Um…where am I? Why are you all staring at me??” Kagome looked around, puzzled.
 
“Finally! The normal Kagome!” Inuyasha cheered. Everyone stared at him. “What?! I don't want that little brat chasing me all day!!”
 
“Who're you calling a brat?!”
 
“Umm…”
 
“OSUWARI!”
 
Inuyasha fell over flat on his face. The rest of the group started laughing, Koga being the loudest.
 
“By the way Kagome, it was I who got you back to normal,” Koga said proudly.
 
“Oh really? Thanks a lot Koga!” Kagome said, smiling sweetly.
 
“Why you…” Inuyasha growled from the floor.
 
“Well, since Kagome is back to normal I better get back to my clan. I'll be back for you Kagome! Don't you dare touch her, mutt!” Koga sped off into the trees.
 
“Yeah, good riddance!” Inuyasha yelled after him.
 
“Now Inuyasha, that's not nice at all. I'm sure I'd still be tiny if Koga hadn't helped out.”
 
“I was too busy taking care of you and fighting demons!” the hanyou retorted. “That's not easy either, you know!”
 
“The two of you please, calm down,” Miroku stepped between the two of them. “Kagome is finally back with us, so let's all be happy.”
 
Inuyasha mumbled something under his breath.
 
“What was that?” Kagome glared.
 
“Nothing!” Inuyasha said obnoxiously. He finally sat up and folded his arms, turning his back to Kagome.
 
“Why you…”
 
“Hey Kagome, let's go take a nice bath okay?” Sango interrupted, glaring at Miroku. He shrugged back at her and started poking Inuyasha.
 
“A bath does sound good,” Kagome smiled, walking away with Sango, Shippo trailing behind them.
 
“So…how about we go and try to peek? What do you say?” Miroku grinned and slapped Inuyasha playfully on the shoulder.
 
“I dunno…” Inuyasha started but was cut off when Miroku started dragging him in the direction of the spring.
 
~End!~
 
Wow! It almost took me a year to update this thing! Or over a year >.>. Anyway, thank you to all the reviewers who reviewed while I was busy with schoolwork and stuff. I still am so it's kinda hard.
 
Also, this is the last chapter unless I get enough reviews begging me to make one more! ^^. Start reviewing if you want one last chapter people!