InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Curse A Blessing A Destiny ❯ Purity and The Unicorn's Curse ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: As you already know i DON'T own Inu Yasha!!!!!

Chpater 3: Purity and Unicorn's Curse!

--------------------

Kagome awoke that evening when they arrived at the castle. Startled she realized that Sesshomaru must have carried her the whole way. She blinked up in sleepy bewilderment at the man who still supported her.

"Go ahead and change back, I'll lead you to my gardens, the fruit trees have just ripened and i'm certain you will find them satidfactory." he told her calmly.

Kagome nodded and changed back into her Unicorn form, finding it harder to do so then ever before. She shivered once back in the form and look at the Demon Lord with her midnight sad eyes. Her Horn glowed dimly within the light of the quarter moon. Her normally silver blue coloring had taken a dulish gray color and she didn't seem to glisten or shine.

Startled the Demon lord realized just how foolish a creature the Unicorn was. A body and head of a delicate newborn filly. A tail that was more of a lions and feet and legs as delicate and firm as the fleetest dear. An absurdly long mane of fine silver hair that curled and waived in its elegance cascaded down her neck and most of the length of her back. Her horn was a pearl iridesent spiral that flowed upward to a deadly point. She was a creature of delicate beauty and purity but she had been forced into the form which suited her soul the most. She was not a TRUE unicorn and hopefully never would be.

"Follow me," he stated softly and guided her to his personal gardens which he shared with no one, not even his ward.

Kagome's eyes lit up at the delicate devine feast before her.

"Only this once," he stated quietly.

Kagome nodded and trotted forward. Using her horn she cut down, and healed the tree in the prosess, her first real food for two days. When she had finished with that she touched it lightly with her hoof and the remains faded into the soil to nourish the tree from whence it came. Another fuit came and again the process was repeated. She gorged on apples, cherries, pears, peaches, and even oranges, as Sesshomaru watched. His garden, instead of seeming lacking, seemed to have grown even more beautiful and elegant.

"You have access to all my gardens as you please, but you are never to bring Rin or another with you here. You may come but no one else, and never in your human form. This is MY garden and I will not have it defiled." he stated as he lead her from the garden.

"I understand, its the place you go when you need to be alone, I had such a place at my home. The roof top." Kagome shimmered happily as she remembered. "I used to sit up there for hours just watching the stars or the clouds. It always calmed me and helped if i was upset. I think everyone needs such a place, otherwise it would be incredibly hard to face life. Thank you for sharing your Secret Place."

"You are welcome Lady Kagome," he stated calmly, "Now, first on the list of keeping you from becoming to much like a Unicorn is to treat you as a human... or youkai. I will show you and your Kit and gaurdian to your rooms."

"I thank you," Kagome murmured, "Why do you help me?"

"You cured Rin from what i could not, before the battle with Naraku you returned me my arm. You have repeatedly helped protect Rin and have protected my stupid brother as well. My family, even if you think not, is in great debt to you. I will do all in my power to help you. I suspect my brother sent you here and that is also a request I cannot deny. I may despise his existence, but he has proven himself as well as the fact that he is still blood. Other lords may over look that fact but i cannot."

"I thank you, and your right I don't think your in my debt," Kagome shimmered and laughed in her delight, but just as soon as it started it dulled, "Do you think i'll ever be returned to my human form? I can never go home so long as i am like this, I would be covetted and hunted as a prize. Inspected and most likely killed in justice for HUMAN curiosity and greed. Its funny but i've never quite fit in with them."

"Oh?" he questioned as he lead her through his palace to the wing in which he resided along with Rin.

"Nope, I never was curious like them or greedy. I didn't ask for anything I never saught my own happiness. I was only content when those around me were happy." Kagome murmured shivered into her human form, much more easily then when she had first tried to. "Even with Inu Yasha, despite that i once loved him as more then a friend i never went after him because i knew his heart belonged to another. I was even going to resurect her into flesh for him so he could be happy. I guess you could say i was only ever happy when my friends were and those i loved."

"That is a nature that even a Unicorn would long for, but there is no form save an angel and even that would long for your soul, that matches your soul. It was purity that chose your form, not your nature. It is good you explained this, for if we had assumed your soul was the same as a Unicorn's then we would have been looking for the wrong thing." Sesshomaru sighed, "This does, however, complicate things. After you rest we will talk in more depth."

"Thank you," Kagome murmured and walked into the room he had opened the door to. She was surpeised to see a western bed and a wable and chairs. She blinked but smiled and knew she would sleep safely. She smiled at him though her eyes remained sad.

Sesshomaru nodded at her and closed the door. He left her to change and rest.

Kagome changed into her silk night dress and climbed into bed with a very tired Kirara and Shippo. The sound of their breathing and their warmth lulling her into a peaceful sleep.

Meanwhile Sesshomaru was sending out several messages. Most to those much more knowledgable of the unicorn race and their kind then he. One he sent to the lord of the Unicorns and another he sent to his brother and her friends informing them that she had arrived safely, and that they were welcome to visit if they wished.

When he finished he went to his garden and smiled at the changes that Kagome's presence had made. The flowers glowed with luster and the trees had born more fruit. The grass and moss seemed to shiver with livliness.

"She knows what it is to be Immortal, why would she wish to keep her humanity?" he wondered aloud. "Humans are sickening disgusting creatures, even she thinks so, to extent."

*She wants her humanity because of the love and other emotions that come with it!* snapped an inner place in his mind.

"Sure but what is so good about love?" no one answered his unheard question.

****(Morning)****

Kagome smiled and grazed while the children ate with Sesshomaru. She didn't go to Sesshomaru's garden but the guest one with a lovely fountain. She looked at her reflection sadly. She was one of the most beautiful creatures in existence yet she felt no joy at that thought. Bitterly she turned from the fountain and laid beneath a wysteria tree, waiting for the children and lord to finish with their meal.

"Why did you not join us?" Sesshomaru asked when he found her an hour later, napping peacefully in the shade.

"Hmm?" Kagome yawned and looked up at him, "what was that? I'm sorry i was still asleep."

"You let your gaurd down to easily." Sesshomaru warned.

"No I don't, I had a shield that would block all but you and the children from me. Including any powers as well." Kagome stated, "Besides I was sleepy."

"So that is why you didn't join us?" Sesshomaru asked.

"No, I didn't think you would have wanted me there, and I spent too long in my human form. It hurts when i do that. Its like my body is ice. When i stay in this form my body becomes fire. So I switch off before the pain starts." Kagome replied simply as she slowly stood and shook severaly leaves from her hide.

"YOU ARE AN ABOMINATION!" A Unicorn Stallion snapped from the garden gate.

"Huh?" Kagome looked over at the True Unicorn and wondered at the differences. "WOW! We LOOK totally DIFFERENT!"

"Of course we do, your a CREATED Unicorn, i am born." the stallion snapped.

"Oh stuff it you old prune, i'm much older then you would think!" Kagome snapped.

"Oh and how old would that bee filly?" he demanded.

"Nine hundred years old, actually almost one thousand, just short about ten years." Kagome stated. "I have existed as long as the Shikon has."

"Huh?" Sesshomaru blinked in shock.

"As a Human i was the Shikon no Tama made flesh. Until the battle with Naraku, i did not know. But the battle awoke ALL my memories. The ones of Midoriko and her time all the way up to mine, five hundred years into the future. Where and when the Shikon existed so did I." She stated flatly.

"Hmm, and it still remains within your breast." Sesshomaru nodded as he eyed the glowing jewel that pullsed with her every heartbeat. "Its become your heart and blood."

"Yes," Kagome agreed. "It happened when i was... changed..."

Sesshomaru heard her hesitation and knew that she wished to say, cursed, but did not want to insult the Lord of the Unicorns.

"So your body has existed only around eighteen years but YOU have existed for nearly a thousand years?" The unicorn exclaimed startled, "Why is it your soul chose this form?"

"Her soul was pure of hatred and evil... completely pure. No greed, hate, selfishness, or evil."

"A human contained such a Soul?" another asked. This one a keen eyed owl Demon.

"Yes Ryo, Kagome's body was human but her soul, i think, must be a very old one." Sesshomaru replied. "Lets go to the main gate i'm certain the others will be arriving soon."

"You called others into this matter?" Ryo asked startled.

"I had to, I owe this girl a great debt, and if I have to call in all my debts to repay her i will do so!" Sesshomaru snapped, "This is also a very urgent and important manner. Kagome was changed into something that she was never meant to be, if she should become like TRUE Unicorns then her soul would eventually break and she would die. Immortal or not her suffering soul would kill her, if not her body then her soul and she would be a walking dead unicorn!"

Everyone froze with the truthful realization of Sesshomaru's words.

"Despite her being an Abomination, she is STILL a Unicorn..." The Unicorn whispered. "It would destroy the balance, and likely kill all Unicorns eventually."

"Pecisely, and such a death is only given to those who have committed a hideous and heinous act!" Sesshomaru snarled in frustration. "we HAVE to help her. It isn't a matter of simply wanting to or favors."

Kagome watched as he paced the main courtyard. When all had assembled, he explained what had happened. All looked at her, and she looked back with her sad midnight eyes. They gasped and she sighed. Transforming into her human shape she bowed and thanked them for there help before finding the children.

"I will train you in our ways and power," the Unicorn Lord stated when he found her that afternoon.

Kagome had changed back to her unicorn shape and nodded her head in acceptance of his words. Her horn flashing in the sunlight.

She looked at their differences with her ancient but young eyes. He seemed ageless, and his horn and cloven hooves were gold. His tail was longer and had more hair coming from it. He had a long beard and his fur was a dark blue that glowed with silver. His eyes were a bright blue of sunrise. He had no markings. Kagome was well aware of her cresent moon mark that carressed her horn.

"So all Unicorns look like you? gold and blue? no markings?" Kagome asked after a moment.

"No, i am the only blue one. The rest are white as snow. But yes their horns and hooves are gold. They can make the metal with those gold parts as well." The Unicnorn chuckled, "And I am the only one left who has emptions, it is the blessing of our creator that i always have a soul."

"The others have no soul?" Kagome asked.

"They've a soul of sort, but no real spirit. Nothing to keep them going and nothing to keept them from going." The Unicorn sighed. "I have existed from the beginning, I thought it a sad existence then and i think it still. I certainly hope that you never become one."

Kagome shimmered with her smile, but it was a deeply saddened one.

"You healed the child of her nightmares," the Unicorn noted, "You did well. You have learned much of your form. Do you know what it is to Love, child?"

"Yes, I love these children, and i love my friends and family, but its becoming hard to know that love." Kagome shuddered, "That love is what makes my existence everything. My happiness is their happiness. It has always been such."

"A pure soul, and in a human..." the Unicorn shook his head, "its trully amazing... did you not ever think of yourself?"

"Sure, but I never acted on it and it always felt... wrong, like i shouldn't be thinking like that." Kagome sighed, "I asked my friends once if I was selfish for wanting my own happiness. They said I was being an Idiot for thinking only of them and others."

"A pure soul... I wonder if that's truly possible in a human." The Uncicorn murmured.

---------------

Well there's my chapter three! Did you liky? REVIEW!!!!