InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Day Without You ❯ Revenge and Shadows ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Inuyasha = Rumiko Takahashi... Not me...
Authors Notes: Gomen Asai! I'm so sorry I haven't updated! I had the chapter done, and I was going to post it and everything, but then the computer crashed or something and it erased everything! Plus I couldn't update right after that because I had lots other stuff going on and I was not in a really writing kind of mood. But I'm updating now! So please don't flame me!!! *Glances around nervously for Neko-chan* Phew. Ok, now I think I'm gonna get on with the story. But I warn you, this is near the end and if I don't get many reviews saying anyone wants a sequel, I won't write one. And I will start to post what people say here if they want me to. So aim me. Once again, it's Luu Ann Sensai if you all forgot...
 
Chapter 14: Revenge and Shadows
 
Sango opened her eyes, then closed them again from the sharp sting that went through them to her brain. She groaned and rolled over. When she noticed she was in a futon, still in her clothes from the other day, she sat up and forced her eyes open a sliver. As she peeked out from under her eyelids at the sun lit room, her eyes fell on a monk in bluish robes. As her eyes adjusted to the light, she opened them more and they widened as she recalled the last days events. She put her and to her mouth and tears started to well up in her eyes, but she blinked them away. “That's right, I met up with the monk and his friend. The one that-“ As she thought about the girl that was with him, the one that looked like her, she looked around the room again. “Now that I think about it, she wasn't here last night either...” She mused aloud. The small noise brought the slumbering monk out of his dreams, he sighed and closed his eyes as they started to open on their own, willing himself back to sleep to get back to the wonderful dream about finding the girl in his dreams... As his eyes opened again from the sound of shuffling clothing, he saw her. Sango was getting a towel from the chest and was planning on going for a small trip to the hot springs while the perverted monk was asleep. She tiptoed out of the room, not realizing she had woken him up from the sound of the towel and her small comment. “Maybe she was helping the inn keeper, its a possibility she is at the Hot Springs now...” she said and walked in the general direction of the warm steamy bath. (I'm going to start splitting some of the characters during another characters paragraph. So when you see this: ~*~ characters name it's switching too ~*~ it means it's changing from one point of view to another.) ~*~ Miroku ~*~ Miroku watched the beautiful demon slayer head off in the direction he knew the springs would be. He smiled. “Now I'm glad I got up” he said when he could sense her energy get nearer to the bath room. He puts on his `I'm a pervert' smile and started to crepe out the door, like a stalker would. As he neared the corner, Suki bumped into him. “Oh! Miroku! I'm so sorry! Are you alright?” She fussed and helped him up. He looked up, “Huh?” he said, still not too used to there being two girls who look like Sango. “Oh, Suki, I'm fine! I was, uh, headed outside for a walk!” he lied. Suki smiled. “I'm afraid I can't go with you. I'm earning our keep by helping out the innkeeper. He's a very nice young man you know.” She said and walked off toward the kitchen, humming a tune Miroku couldn't quite make out. He sighed an `happy that's over' smile, and started back to the bath house... He never made it... It just so happens that a group of girls where checking in and he offered to give them a tour...
~*~ Suki ~*~ Suki turned the corner and pressed her back against the wall. Her head was held low and she sighed. “I wish the inn keeper was a nice young man. But he's not even a he. It's a she...” she mused to herself as her head came up a little. Now her mouth was visible from under her low hanging bangs. “Why? Why Miroku?” she asked as her head came all the way up. As her eyes hit the light, she had tears streaming down her cheeks and her eyes where in a sort of forced smiley position. Her eyes dropped and so did the sheets she was carrying. She picked them up and ran to the sheet closet (closet thingy... don't ask me what there called!!!) She gently placed the sheets on the rack provided and slowly walked back to the kitchen. Before she got there, however, she saw Sango head into the bathhouse. She smiled, not her usual nice smile, this one was of someone who got dumped by her boyfriend for her best friend. This was one of revenge...
Kagome opened her eyes and looked around. She was in a dark space. “The well house” she thought to herself as she got up. “That's right, I came in here and he was-” she started and covered her mouth, “That's right! I found Inuyasha!!” she said and smiled. Then her hand fell away and her head dropped. “I was probably sleep walking and it was all a dream...” Kagome said sadly and tried to walk out of the small shack. As her foot came to bring a small layer of dust off the first step and a small `Thunk' sounded as her foot collided with the first step. `Thunk!' Kagome took another step up the stairs. She coughed as the dust entered her windpipe. `Thunk!' Her other foot came to rest next to its mate on the second step. Kagome took another step up to have her left foot comes to a rest on the third step. `Thunk!... Thump!' Kagome stopped. She had thought she heard another foot fall in the small room. `Thunk!' her other foot came up to land on the fourth step. `Thunk!' Another step sounded below her. “Inu-Inuyasha?” she said the first name she could think of. The creature behind her sorta laughed. A dark, deep, hollow laugh. “No, But you wish it was...” It said into the darkness before a hand that seemed to come out of the darkness itself covered her mouth and grabbed her around the waist. Almost as soon as it happened, it was gone. Both the creature and Kagome. Even the dust had settled in just the right place's to make it look like she had walked out of the small hut...
~*~ Inuyasha ~*~ “Huh?” Inuyasha drearily opened his eyes. They where already adjusted as he watched a figure rise and look around “Kagome...” Inuyasha thought as he got up and made a small thump on the ground on accident. He watched her stop and start coughing. He started to walk toward her, but a shadow, a shadow that smelled of morning glories, stopped his view for a moment. Then he was on the floor. Noiselessly. He looked up. He could feel his head start swimming as he was dosed with a type of drug. “The-The flowers... the scent was infused with magic...” Inuyasha said in his mind, as his voice no longer worked. He heard Kagome call him, and the shadow answer. He gasped as best he could as the shadow grabbed her. “Ka-Kago-KAOMGE!!!” he screamed with a muffled voice as she disappeared as he slipped into unconsciousness.
Shippo turned toward Breeze. As he did so, however, he had to face Inuyasha's cocoon, which was now a puddle on the floor. “Inuyasha!” Shippo exclaimed as he ran to his friends side. Inuyasha slowly stirred and reached out a hand. “Ka-Kagome.... don't go with him Kagome.... he's a demon...” He said slowly. Shippo turned to Breeze with one of his `I'm Shippo and I have no clue what to do' looks “Breeze!!! What do I do????” Shippo asked franticly. Breeze smiled. “Don't worry child. He is still in a trance. He won't be able to know reality from dream now that his cocoon has melted. Just give him time to come out of it.” She assured. Shippo gulped and nodded. The look still on his face. He turned to Inuyasha and gently set his hand down on the grass. He got a few large leaves together and made a makeshift blanket. ~*~ Shinkutsu ~*~ “What do you mean he broke the spell!?!?” Shinkutsu leaped up from the cave floor, making some already existing cocoons sway a bit. “I told you. He jumped through the well and into Kagome's dream.” Kikyo's voice echoed though the walls. “Grr..... What about the others?” he asked. “I don't know. I believe Sango has found Miroku, but that girl and the monk trapped there plan to break them apart. They have found love, they don't want to give it up.” She repeated what a soul stealer had told her. They could travel though the time cocoons and bring her information. Shinkutsu smiled a feeble smile. “Alright, I guess we can lose one then...” He said and without another word to the dead priestess, went back to eating a small snack of deer flesh that had gotten ripe for eating... ~*~ Rebecca ~*~ Rebecca leaped through the forest. “I gotta find it.” She said to herself as she looked for Shinkutsu's hide away. “You won't get away with it. You won't!” she said as she remembered her whole village being slaughtered by that beast. Her hood came off leaving her black ears and hair exposed as they flew behind her in the wind. Her eye's narrowed. “I will find you, Shinkutsu, even if it's the last thing I am able to do with my last breath. You will pay for your crimes. And you will pay in full.” She said as she got mad once again at the monster and smashed a large oak into splinters as she searched the forests for her prey...
 
 
Authors Notes:
Like I said, I'm very sorry for not updating! The only good thing about this is that I'm updating at all within the year... I read fanfiction that haven't been updated in about 6 months! Although, I update sooner with reviews! So if anyone beside Neko-chan is reading this, please review! Plus, I decided that that wouldn't be the end just yet... I decided I most certainly will make a sequel... But now it all decides if I post it on here of just leave you all hanging for the cliffhanger I have planned for the last chapter! *Evil laughter enters here* Ah hem. Please review. More reviews, faster update! Just remember that.