InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Day Without You ❯ Reunited at Last ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: No own Inuyasha, do own inu's at home.
*Yawn* I stayed up too late writing this chapter... I'm sorry it's so short, my great grandmother died and I wasn't able to get on a lot. I'll try updating sooner, but remember, the more reviews I get, the faster I update!
 
 
Chapter 13: Reunited at Last
 
 
Sango sighed and went deeper into the forest. She had said she was going to take a walk and try not to bother anyone, so she decided that the forest was the best place to try that. She has been walking for quite awhile, now, as she looks around realizing she had absolutely no clue where she was. “Uh...” She thought as she walked to a tree to rest for a little bit. “Jez, I was thinking so much about that strange wolf, that I completely forgot to observe my surroundings.” She smiled “If papa where here, he would laugh and tell me to make sure not to daydream again.” Sango laughed again as she thought of her younger brother and village friends who daydream all the time. As Sango got to the leafy part of a tree she was climbing to get her bearings, she heard someone coming down the road. She knew, by training, to suspect anyone and everyone until they prove they are not demons or other evil creatures. As the two travelers came around a bend in the forest, Sango couldn't restrain herself from gasping. There, in front of her, was an exact double of Mokun. As she looked closer, though, she noticed this was the monk who Breeze, that wolf, was telling her about. As she realized this, she fell out of the tree and smashed her head against the hard forest floor. Luckily, she did not get head trauma. The last thing she could remember before falling unconscious was the face of the monk running toward her with a person who looked almost like herself....
As Kagome slowly walked to the well, she noticed she wasn't afraid. “Why... Why am I so...Happy?” she asked the well, not expecting it to answer. “Well, maybe it's cause I'm here!” It said in a sorta echoed voice. Kagome stumbled and fell back onto the stairs. As she did so, she noticed that someone with black hair was trying to climb out of it. She gasped, as she didn't recognize who the hell was climbing out of her well. As he reached the edge and pulled himself over, he finally looked at her. Right in the eyes. Right when he did that, she knew who he was. “Inu...Inuyasha?” she said, still sorta stunned. She saw him turn and look at her again as he was in the middle of examining the small shrine. “Yea?” he asks as if that was the most normal thing he ever did. As he realizes who he's probably talking to, he gets up and goes to sit in front of Kagome `Inuyasha style' “Hey, are you Kagome?” he asks. “I'm looking for h-“ he starts to explain, but Kagome had collapsed onto his harori and was crying her eyes out, so happy to be with him again. “Yes!” she says in between sobs. “Yes, I'm Kagome. Kagome Higurashi!” Inuyasha gets all nervous like as she breaks down in tears in front, no, ON him. “H-hey! Don't cry! Whatever you do, DON'T CRY!” Inuyasha tries desperately to get her to stop. Kagome sits up and smiles at him, tears still flowing down her face. “I'm sorry, I'm just so happy. to see.. you... again.....” Kagome says as she faints onto the wooden floor of the well house...
Shippo huffed and sat down onto the ground. “Kirara, I think someone has been watching us.” Shippo said as he rested. Kirara transformed back into her small form and mewed next to him. He didn't turn or anything, he just continued his small speech. “They have been over there, by the two pine trees where the undergrowth is the densest...” He continued to talk to Kirara as one of the earlier two observed them and decided to make her presence known. “Shippo, Kirara. You have both worked well to free your friends.” She slowly congratulated them as she padded forward on black paws. “Uh...” Shippo started and hid behind Kirara, who had transformed again and growled menially. Breeze smiled. “No need for alarm. I come in peace.” She offered sweetly. Shippo poked his head over Kirara. “So, uh, what do you want?” he asked as grown up as he was attempting to be, even though he was still wary of her on the inside. “I've been helping your friends remember from the inside of those cocoons. To get out, you not only need strength to break it from the outside, but the will to do so on the inside.” She explained patiently. Shippo came out around Kirara now, feeling a little safer as he saw her sit down a few yards away. “So, what's happening on the inside?” Shippo asked, his curiosity aroused. Breeze smiled. “Good question. It all has to do with what would have happened in each of their lives, if they had not met each other or the cause of their meeting. For instance, Kagome is a normal school girl and has no memory of you or anyone else from the feudal era.” Breeze said almost a little too bluntly. Shippo started to tear up and was just about to cry when she added “But it seems as if she has gotten a friend to help her remember. She is in the healing process now.” She said kindly as Shippo grew happy and started to attack her cocoon viscously. Surprisingly, a large chunk flew off. Shippo watched, amazed, as the gaping hole did not re-grow. “It, It worked.” Shippo said, still in a daze. As all the attention was on Shippo and Kagome's cocoon, no one noticed that Inuyasha's silk chamber had begun to melt and was now a pool around an unconscious Inuyasha. Breeze smiled and somewhere in the forest, a black hooded figure jumped noiselessly though the trees...
Inuyasha sat there, with Kagome in his arms. “Kagome, I found you. I found you! And you, you remember me! Oh Kagome, I lo...” as his thoughts where about to soar, Kagome started to come out of her faint. She groaned a bit and tried to turn over. He smiled as he saw her face get into a confused look, then start to open her eyes. As her large brown eyes focused on him, he smiled as he saw the light sparkle brighter in them. “Hello Kagome.” He said softly as she slowly got up to look at him. “Your, here?” she asked quietly. “I thought it, was another dream...” Kagome said, more to herself then to him. “No Kagome, it was real. I'm here now, there's nothing to worry about.” He found himself saying. She looked at him again, this time with a sense of searching. “But, it's not the new moon, why are you human?” She asked him. “New...Moon?” he asked, trying to remember. Then it hit him. “So I met you before I turned human for Kikyo.” He said, not expecting her to cringe at the mention of his, or was, wife. “So.... you did change for her...” she said softly. “Was I not supposed to?” he asked her. Kagome looked at him, then at her surroundings. As her gaze, once again, landed on him, he saw a look of surprise come over her face. “Wha...” he started, but stopped as he felt her hand on his head, stroking something... it felt like.... his ear? “I'm, a hanyou again.” He said, almost expecting himself to wake up at any moment. Kagome started to cry again and fell into his harori. “I'm...so happy that your back.” She choked out between sobs. “H-Hey!” he tried again to stop her, but this time, she stopped herself. “It's ok Inuyasha, I won't cry anymore... He smiled “Good.” He said softly as they both feel into a state of remembrance.
Miroku sat there, staring at the girl that had fell out of the tree. He noticed that Suki had disappeared somewhere and he was left alone with her double. “She's the girl in my dreams...” Miroku thought as he watched her and remembered his many dreams, night and day, about her. “Sango” he heard himself say. He watched as her eyes fluttered open to look at him. When she seemed to be able to see him, her eyes grew wide and she jumped away. She pointed an accusing finger at him while saying almost softly “You!” Miroku put his hands up in the `innocent' look. “Yes, me. But I didn't do anything, so could you put your beautiful finger down?” he asked as politely as he could. Her finger dropped almost immediately down to her side. “You're the person she told me about, the monk!” She said, still thinking him guilty of some unknown cause.” “She?” he asked, curious. “Do you mean the talking wolf?” he asked, not expecting her to answer in his favor. “Yes!” she said and leaned toward him a little. It was just an inch, but he could now smell her freshly washed garment as well as the smell of pine. “The black wolf that called herself Breeze! She told me about you!” She said, almost happily. Then she frowned, once again, accusing him of something, “She also told me you where a lecher” Miroku laughed nervously and put his hand behind his head, “Me, no.” He said though a nervous laugh. She glared at him, as if she could see though his lie. He sighed and sat there, trying to be serious with the woman of his dreams, literally, sitting in front of him. “Listen, she said a lot of stuff, but...” he was cut off when he felt her arms wrap around him and felt the wet of tears though his ropes. “I was so scared when I found out I was living a lie. I was scared I'd never see you, or Inuyasha, or Kagome ever again!” She sobbed. Miroku put his arms around her, resisting the urge to bring his hand lower. “It's ok now Lady Sango. I'm here and we will get back. Don't worry...” He said as she cried herself to sleep. He put her in a futon and sat up on the other side of the room, also closing his eyes for a well-deserved rest. The last thing her thought that night was: “I can't believe I went that long resisting. I was sure I was going to break....”
 
 
 
 
Authors Notes:
I'm sorry again for the short chapter. I'll try to make it longer next time. I would also tell you more here, it's just that I'm really tired and I cried for the first time in 2.5 years today, so I'm pretty beat. But I'll try updating soon, it's a try, not a promise, but I will try very hard!
~ Aika (Author-san)