InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A deal with a demon ❯ Chapter 6

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Inuyasha sat with his arms crossed firmly over his chest, his nose turned up in the air. Touch his fucking ears. What was he, a puppy?

They had long moved past the incident, but it kept replaying in his mind. He was unable to get over her request. He had been with many woman over the years, and they had asked many things of him.

But never that.

And never in that way.

The blush on her cheeks, the nervous look in her eyes... Damn.

How many times had he seen the look of revulsion, the deliberate avoidance, or the drastic overplay of from his partners in regards to the most obvious part of that made him a hanyou. It made him feel uneasy, so as a rule, his furry appendages were off limits.

She was the first person who genuinely wanted to touch his ears. It was as if she didn't care that he was a half demon at all. He could have fucking tentacles and she could probably see past that!

Feh. Stupid woman.

He couldn't let her get under his skin. She was unsettling him and they had only been married a few freaking hours. She-

“Ah, were finally here!” Kagome said with a squeal of excitement. Inuyasha had been so wrapped up in his own thoughts that he hadn't noticed that the girl had been quiet for so long. He hadn't minded the silence. Although he was rather caught up dissecting the situation, he had to admit, being alone with her…. it was... comfortable…

He was barely aware of her opening the doors and stepping outside. The immediate scent of sea salt hit his nose and he winced.

The fucking beach.

The loud noises. Crying children. Burning hot sand. Blinding sun. No shade.

Kagome in a two piece.

He felt a jolt of excitement at the thought. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad…

~.~

“What is the name of your reservation?”

“Higurashi.”
“Takahashi.”

They both blurted it out immediately, causing the receptionist to raise her eyebrow.

“So, you have separate rooms?”

“Uh…” Kagome chanced a peek at Inuyasha. “I… I'm not sure. I hope so.”

The receptionist clicked away at her computer and frowned.

“Well, we don't have any reservation under Higurashi, but we do have one under Takahashi. The… honeymoon suite?” She asked disbelievingly.

Kagomes cheeks colored as she bit her lip. Inuyasha had to take a deep intake of breath to steady himself.

“I need a separate room.”

Uh, what? A separate room?

“Whats the matter wench? Cant stand the thought of bunking with me?”

Kagome narrowed her eyes at the hanyou.

“I'd just like my own bed.”

“Well, who said-“

“Sorry to interrupt.” The receptionist said. “But we don't have any openings.”

“Wh-what?”

“Its our busy season,” She explained. “We take reservations months in advance for this season.”

“So, what your saying is that we have to share a room?” Inuyasha asked, less offended than Kagome.

“I can find a different hotel…”

“I think you're going to run into the same problem, ma'am.” She quickly sputtered out. “No where has any vacancies.”

Kagomes face dropped.

“There wouldn't happen to be two bed, would there?”

“In the honeymoon suite? C'mon wench. I thought you had more brains than that.”

“It doesn't hurt to ask, dog boy!”

“If it helps, you could check in now, and I could call some of the nearby hotels for you ma'am.”

“Really? Oh, thank you!”

“I'll let you know if theres anything, but I really doubt it.” She said with an apologetic smile.

Inuyasha leaned in, his hot breath in her ear. Kagomes hair stood up on the back of her neck.

“Well woman, looks like I've got a bed mate for the night.”

~.~

Being a hanyou, Inuyasha had a faster rate of healing. His blood clotted faster, his wounds closed quicker, and his tolerance for pain was well above human tolerance.

But the slap that Kagome gave him was still fucking stinging.

He couldn't help himself when they were talking about sharing a room. He had a run away tongue and he knew it. So it wasn't out of his personality to say the first thing that came to his mind- in fact the primary thing that had been occupying his mind since he laid eyes on that damn woman- getting her into bed.

Had it been his imagination, or had he detected a slight spike in her scent?

He couldn't be sure, because she spun around so quickly with the back of her hand, muttering things about lewd comments that it made his ears ring.

As much as it pissed him off, he was surprised at the womans strength.

And her balls. She had no reservations about putting him in his place. There had never been a woman alive who had treated him so boldly.

It pissed him off.

The demon inside was clawing, demanding he show her who was the alpha, in every respect.

And it also excited the hell out of him. He loved a challenge, and he so rarely met someone who would be a match for him.

He suddenly became interested in his strange new wife. He wondered if she would still be up for the bargain she mentioned in the car?

Kagome was currently busy rummaging through her luggage, seemingly digging out her bikini. She hadn't said a word to him, her anger rolling off of her like waves.

He shrugged his shoulders, trying to convince himself that it wasn't his issue. Damn wench should learn to take a joke.

And yet, for some reason, he didn't like the idea of her being angry with him.

“Theres a couch in here, so we don't have to share the bed.” He tried.

“Mm.”

“Are you going to the beach?”

“That's the point of coming here.” She answered, closing the bathroom door behind her.

His sensitive ears picked up the rustle of fabric, causing his mind to drift to other, naughtier places. He shifted his weight from foot to foot.

“You don't have to be so-“

The door swung open and he made the conscious move to clamp his mouth shut. She looked good.

Damn good.

Her black bikini hugged all the right parts of her, showcasing the luscious curves of her body.

She raised an eyebrow at him, waiting for the end of his sentence. Shit, what was he even talking about?

“So…?”

“Feh! Forget it.” He muttered, crossing his arms dismissively.

“Whatever, dog boy.” She said, throwing a towel over her shoulder. She picked up her beach bag and strolled out the door, leaving a very pissed off hanyou in her wake.

~.~

Damn, she was mad at him.

Fuck. Sure, she's gorgeous, but nothing is worth this shit. Well, she can just go back to that dingy old shrine and-

The realization hit him like a ton of bricks.

She wasn't just some broad that would come and go. She was his wife. Not by choice, but none the less, she wasn't someone who he could fucking blow off. Any other who had treated him half as cold, he would have left her high and dry.

But Kagome… its not like he could fucking dump her off! Even if he succeeded in screwing her-

Damn, he couldn't do that either! Unless she was the type of woman who would want a casual fuck, which he highly doubted given her white freaking hood and reaction to his earlier comment, there was no way in hell they would have any kind of harmony if their relationship became physical.

Well, maybe it would relieve some stress…

No, he couldn't think like that either. If he didn't want her to walk out on the contract, at his inheritance, he was going to have to make things right.

He would be sharing space with her, for much longer than this weekend.

With a frusterated sigh, he tugged on his swim shorts, ready to make his way down the the beach to find Kagome.

He wasn't exactly sure why, but he had to try to make things right.

He would rather be eating a face full of dirt.

~.~

He found her lying on a blanket, her creamy skin soaking in the rays warmth. She looked stunning, peaceful; he almost didn't want to approach her.

He grunted as he plopped down next to her. He scowled as the hot sand burned the soles of his feet.

“What are you doing?” He huffed out, in a rougher tone than he intended. He wasn't used to being the one in the wrong.

Scratch that.

He wasn't used to having to be accountable for it.

“What does it look like?” Was her clipped response, not bothering to turn his way.

“It looks like your trying to avoid me.”

“What gave you that impression?”

He let lose a low growl.

“Woman-“

“If you came out here to bug me, you've succeeded.”

“Damn it, Kagome! I came down here to freaking apologize!” He said in a rush of anger.

That certainly caught her attention. She sat up to get a good look at him.

“Really?” She asked, a bit of hope in her voice.

“Don't make such a big deal out of it.” He said, uncomfortable. Hell, she could turn her mood quickly!

Kagome pulled her knees into her chest and bit her bottom lip. She certainly hadn't expected that. She had been lying, wondering just how she was going to stand spending the night in the same room with that jerk, let alone the next three years…

And then he comes over to apologize. Maybe she was being a bit harsh. This wasn't easy for her, why did she expect it to be easy for him? She took a deep breath, and bumped her shoulder into his, drawing his attention back to her.

“Thanks.” She smiled warmly.

“Feh.” He turned his head. What the hell was wrong with him? He could feel himself blushing!

They sat there in silence for a few moments before Kagome finally spoke.

“It really is beautiful here.”

“I guess.”

“Well, I'm glad Im here.” She said with a cheery tone. “I haven't been to the beach since I was little.” She said, admiring the waves.

“Eh? Why not? Its not like its that far.”

“I never had the time.”

“Even as a teenager? You didn't go with friends?”

“After my dad… Well.. Anyways, once we got back on our feet I was just too busy.” She explained. He looked lost, as if she was speaking a foreign language.

Of course she was. He never experienced financial troubles.

“As soon as I was old enough I had part time jobs. I haven't had a day off in… Gods I can't even remember. At least a few months.”

“What the hell! Are you trying to run yourself into the ground?”

She just shrugged.

“Well, what am I supposed to do? My family needs the money. Souta's too young to work, Gramps is too old, and mom has the responsibility of the shrine. They never said so, but it was really left to me.”

He just stared at her. He knew her family was in a difficult situation, but he didn't realize it was that bad. He didn't know quite what to say. Lucky for him, she was in a chatty mood.

“That's why I really was looking forward to the beach. It was Hell getting the time off. That's why I really want it to be enjoyable.” She said with a smile.

He felt it again, that damn blush.

“Well, now that were…” He had a hard time saying the word married. It sounded wrong on his tongue. He waved his clawed hand in the air, signaling to their new arrangement. “You don't have to work.”

“Eh? I don't really think-“

“Whats the point?” He said in a cocky tone. “That was the point of the contract, right? Securing your families financial security? And I'll cover whatever expenses you have. So for the next three years you can take it easy.”

Had he said something wrong? She had that cute pink tinge to her cheeks again. It made him want to lean in and-

“Erm, thanks.” She said in a rush. “I could definitely use a break, especially now that my courses at school are getting more intensive.”

He nodded, glad that she was easily agreeing.

“But I don't think I could quit working for Shippo.”

Who the hell is that? He thought, unsure why he felt so bitter.

“Shippo?”

“Mm.” Her smile stretched from ear to ear, her eyes alive with joy. “Yeah, Ive been with him for a few years now. Theres no way I could quit.”

“Keh, sounds like you love him.” He said.

And to his surprise, she quickly nodded her head.

“I do!”

The hanyou felt a surge of anger at her easy admission; his demon was boiling, screaming that she shouldn't be talking about any other male in such a familiar manner.

He did his best to squash that down.

“I'm glad you came out here.” She said. “I really wanted to get to know you.”

She smiled at him, and he felt it warm him down to his soul.

He needed some air. He knew damn well that he was outside, but he needed some space from her. The womans scent was overwhelming, consuming him bit by bit. If he wasn't careful he was going to lunge at her.

“I, uh, forgot my sunblock.” He said in a hurry. “I'm gonna go back to the room and get it.”

“You can use mine-“

“Its okay. I'll be right back.”

He took off at a faster pace than Kagome realized he was capable of.

~.~

He had been gone for a while. At first she thought that she was being impatient. She had to tell her self to reel in her enthusiasm. Its not like she was any happier about their marriage, but she was excited to get to know the dog demon.

She was determined to find some good qualities about Inuyasha. The sooner, the better.

But after half an hour, she was concerned that something had happened to him.

And beside that, she was getting hungry.

As she rode the elevator, she wondered if Inuyasha would want to go out to dinner with her. She imaged he would want something fancy, coming from a rich family. He probably had professional chefs every night.

She rambled in her head, making presumptions about her new husband.

She slid the card key in the slot, and waited for the click. When she turned the handle, she couldn't stop the gasp that escaped her mouth.

There was Inuyasha, with a woman pressed up against him.