InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A deal with a demon ❯ Chapter 8

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Kagome shifted her weight from foot to foot. The receptionist was looking her over with distaste in her eyes, and for the life of her, she couldn't figure out why.

“Could you repeat that, ma'am?”

“Myouga was supposed to leave a set of keys for me, for Inuyasha Takahasi's apartment. My name is Higurashi.”

The woman searched around, tapping the keys on her computer for notes.

“Theres nothing here for a Higurashi.” She said in a flat tone.

Kagome closed her eyes, rubbing her temples.

This seems familiar.

“Then look for Takahashi. Kagome Takahashi.”

“Well, which is it? A moment ago you gave a different last name. What are you to Inuyasha?”

Kagome raised an eyebrow. Inuyasha, eh? That's quite formal. I guess it makes sense, she works at the main desk here. They obviously would have to know each other. But for some reason, it doesn't seem like an employee tenant relationship.

“Its… Takahashi… I'm Inuyashas…. Wife….”

“Ive had no notice of this. Do you have identification?” She said in a clipped tone.

“Identif- no. I don't. I just came from the beach and I-“

“If you don't have the proper documents, I cant give you the keys. Furthermore, Inuyasha has not mentioned anything about adding a person to his lease, let alone a wife. I cant just let you into his apartment.”

Kagome was sure a blood vessel was about to burst.

“Unless Inuyasha can validate that you are indeed wanted in his apartment, I cant let you in or have these keys without identification.”

“I-“

“I can vouch for her.” A deep voice said from behind. Her shoulders hunched up in surprise.

Kagome turned her head to meet the icy blue eyes of the wolf demon.

“K-Kouga?”

“Hey there, beautiful.” He said with a smirk. “Whats the problem?”

“I… Myouga was supposed to leave a set of keys at the desk for me. But… because I don't have anything with Takahashi on it… I cant get them.”

“Why don't you just call up mutt face? He can-“

“No, I don't want to do that.” She said with an annoyed look. “Hes much to busy right now.” She crossed her arms over her chest.

“Well, I can tell you that she has the unfortunate luck of being married to Takahashi.” Kouga said to the woman. “Just give her the keys.” He gave her a winsome smile, hoping to charm her.

She blushed in return.

“Oh, K-Kouga. I would if I could, but-“

“Its fine.” Kagome said. “I don't want to get anyone in trouble. Ill just figure out somewhere else to go.” She turned towards the wolf and smiled. “Thanks anyway for trying. Bye!” She turned to leave, making her way towards the door.


Or so she thought.

A pair of strong hands gripped her arm, twisting her to face the owner.

“Where are you going to go?” He asked, genuinely concerned. “What happened? I thought you were supposed to be at the beach.”

He took the opportunity to look her over. She had a zip up jacket, but he could clearly see the straps of the bikini. She must have run away, abandoning whatever plans the two had for the weekend.

The wolf couldn't help but feel happy.

Kagomes face dropped.

“I- Ill figure it out. Its not a big deal.” She put on her best smile.

“Forget it. Your coming with me.”

“Eh?!”

~.~

“K-Kouga… you really don't need to do this! Theres no need!”

“No need to eat? Heh, Come on Kagome don't be like that. Don't tell me you're the type of girl who has no appetite.”

No, it wasn't that at all. In fact, she was starving. She hadn't eaten in so long, and after she paid the hefty taxi bill…

She was wiped clean of any savings. It was a miracle that she was able to afford the trip to Inuyashas condo. What she had left couldn't even buy her a bowl of ramen.

“Its just that I don't really know you, and for you to treat me… Its just…”

“This is a treat for me.” He said smoothly. “Its not every day I get to have dinner with a beautiful woman.”

“I hardly believe that.” She said with a smile. “I bet you say that to every woman you take out.”

“Do I look like that sort of guy?!” He asked offended.

“Hm, I don't know.” Kagome said looking him over. “Your right, I don't know anything about you. Its wrong for me to presume.”

“And what exactly did you presume?” He asked. “That because Im a wolf demon I-“

“Eh?! No, not at all!”

He leaned his head in, indicating that he was waiting for her answer.

Kagome blushed slightly and bit her lip before answering.

“Its… Well, you're a handsome guy, and you seem so nice that it almost comes off as phony or an act.”

“An act?”

“Well, you did just basically come to my aid and rescue me back there. Then take me to dinner.” She said with a knowing smile. “I cant help but think your up to something.”

“Is there something wrong with chivalry?” He said, picking up her dainty hand in his.

“N-No. Honestly, Im surprised your friends with Inuyasha. You two seem to be very different.”

He shrugged in response.

“Were both demons, coming from wealthy backgrounds. We tend to keep a tight circle, because people, demons and humans alike try to worm their way in and take advantage. But-“ He said with a pause.
“That doesn't mean he isn't a total ass who needs a beating.”

“Hm.”

“What did he do to drive you away? It must have been pretty serious to make you go. Seems like you have thick skin.”

“The whole thing was a disaster to begin with. They only booked us one room, so we had to share.” Kagome bit her lip. “Sorry, I shouldn't be spilling my problems out on you. And about your friend too.” She rubbed the back of her neck, and readied herself to change the subject. “So what-“

“Kagome,” He said seriously. “Whatever the fuck that mutt did to you, don't feel afraid to tell me. You shouldn't shoulder the burden of it alone. Am I correct in thinking that you didn't agree to this marriage?”

“We… Its not like-“

“Heh, that's what I thought. So, tell me what the idiot did.”

“I… I wanted this weekend to get to know him. I mean, were going to have to live together, right? It was going pretty well until…”

Kagome chewed her bottom lip and debated whether to continue.

“I went up to the room to ask him to dinner and found him screwing someone. In the room we have to share.”

“Seriously?” he said with a snarl. “Such a fucking idiot!”

“I just left. I… I was really looking forward to the beach… I haven't been able to relax in so long. But… Its alright. It's not like the weekend is a total waste. I can just take time and study.”

“That's your idea of a good time?” He asked in a teasing tone.

“Its my idea of maintaining my scholarship.”

“What are you going to school for.”

“Im premed.” She said with a proud smile.

“Get out! Me too!”

The smile that touched Kagomes eyes was genuine. Kouga was fast becoming a good friend.

~.~

Inuyasha growled. Where the fuck was she?!

He had gone to the beach, searching all over for her.

He had gone to the nearby shops, the restaurants. Fuck, he had even gotten low to the ground to try and catch her scent.

It was like she had fucking disappeared.

And the worst part was he wasn't even sure why the hell he was chasing her!

He found himself back at reception, noticing the hard look in the workers eyes.

“Has Ka- Has my wife been here?” He asked.

“Your wife?”

“That's what I said.” He ground out.

“She was here a while ago. After that woman was sent to your room.”

“Did she say where she was going?”

“Sorry, no.”

“Did you find her another hotel?” He asked exhausted.

“No, as I said earlier, everything is booked.”

“Where the fuck-“

“She did leave this for you.” She handed the demon the note.

I'm heading off. Please enjoy your honeymoon.

-K

The dog demon growled as he crumbled the paper in his hands. That fucking woman! She had a way of getting under his damned skin.

Where the fuck would she go? She didn't know the area, there was no hotels-

She would have went home.

Of course she would have.

Why the fuck would she want to stay here with a bastard like him?

~.~

“Thanks for dinner, but I should really be heading off.” Kagome said.

“Where do you think your going?”

“Eh, I haven't made up my mind yet. But don't worry, Ill think of something.” She smiled pleasantly.

“Screw that. Your staying with me. Its decided.”

“Eh?!”

“You can have my bed, Ill take the couch.”

“I cant ask you-“

“You're not. Im telling.” He said with a grin. “Besides, it will give you a chance to see where I live, in case dog breath fucks up again.”

“You really shouldn't talk about your friend like that.” She said shaking her head.

“He should realize whats in front of his eyes.”

Kagome blushed heavily. He took her hands in his own, gripping them tightly.

“If you were my woman…” He started.

“Kouga…”

“Im just- come on. You're probably exhausted. Lets go back to my place.”

“I don't think-“

“You still smell like the beach.” He commented. “I have a big soaker tub, if your interested in a bath.” He mentioned off handedly.

She looked down at her attire, felt the salt on her skin. A bath. Gods, she wanted one. Was her weakness that easy to read?

“O…Okay.” She said in a small voice. “If your sure you don't mind.”

He smiled in response.

“But Ill sleep on the couch!” She said quickly. “I don't want to put you out.”

“Its my honor to have you in my bed, Kagome.” He said with a wolfish grin.

Kagome couldn't help the feeling of foreboding that was coming over her with every step they took towards his door.