InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A deal with a demon ❯ Chapter 38

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Inuyasha woke up, feeling more content then he had in a long time. He didn't want to open his eyes, not yet. He simply wanted to breathe in the sweet smells in his room, the overwhelming scent of wild flowers that came from the woman at his side.

At first, he had been sure it was a dream. There was no way that he and Kagome… and that she had…

But when she made a noise, a slight moan in her sleep, he pulled her closer. It wasn't a dream. She was actually here. Her soft body was really beside him, naked in all its glory. Her shoulders were exposed, goosebumps on her skin. He wanted to sink into this feeling.

If only her damn alarm clock would stop buzzing.

Regretfully, he nudged her, then placed a soft kiss on her neck.

“Mmm.” She curled up, not wanting to leave her dreams.

“Youre alarm is going off, wench. You need to wake up.”

Kagomes eyes shot open at the sound of his voice, letting the situation wash over her. She turned her head, narrowing her eyes at the hanyou.

“How can you name call so early in the morning?” She asked.

“It's a talent.” He commented, placing a kiss on her shoulder.

Kagome sat up, raising her arms overhead stretching, suddenly aware of her nudity, she pulled the sheet close to her.

Inuyasha smiled. How can she still be bashful?

To be honest, he felt out of sorts. Sure, plenty of women had spent the night and woken up in his bed over the years. Some times they would make excuses to try and stay, others would like an encore of the previous nights performance. But in every case, he had wanted them to leave. After the were done their activities, of course.

He was doing things that were outside of his norm. He didn't feel the need to hurry her along, he didn't have to think back and wonder what her name was, where he had found her, what they had done. It wasn't that he had woken up with regrets before, but this was the first time he woke up feeling happy. Smiling at his bed mates silly antics, being gentle and tender… when had sex… of any kind.. had that kind of feel for him?

He was dreading get out bed. Hating that the sun had risen. He wanted to stay longer with her. He was afraid.

What if after she left, she came to her senses? What if she told him that she couldn't, no wouldn't, do this sort of thing again? That they were better off as friends?

He wouldn't be able to stand it. Before, he couldn't find a woman the held a candle to her. And now…

Fuck, he felt addicted. Ruined.

She had better take responsibility.

Damn it, this entire situation felt fragile. Didn't she know demons had a hard time being delicate?

She was already up, already showering. He wondered if he should join her. He would with any other girl.

But she was Kagome.

Fuck.

She had him questioning every move he should make.

He had to talk to her. He had to, or he was going to go crazy.

~.~

Kagome tried to calm herself down. She knew her heart was racing. She had to get a handle on this.

She calmly, oh so calmly, walked down the stairs, trying her best to make it seem like it was any other day.

Like she hadnt spent the night in bed with Inuyasha. Like he hadnt given her the most earth shattering orgasm of her life.

Yeah, she had to act like none of that phased her.

But her nerves just wouldn't seem to listen to her. Damn, she had to get out of the house before it was too awkward.

“Im leaving Inuyasha, I'll see you la-“

In an instant, he was there. Blocking her from the door.

“Ter.” She stumbled on her words.

“Going already?”

“Yeah, I have to get in early.” That's true, it wasn't a lie. She had plans, after all. She wasn't going to let last night interfere with it, either.

“Besides, you should really get going.” She said, trying to change the focus of the conversation. “Don't you remember what today is?”

“Feh. How could I forget?” He said, showing a toothy grin. “Today is the day that I finally move into the CEO office and can kiss that mediocre job goodbye.”

“Don't talk like that. Didn't you learn anything about being humble in that position? Those jobs are peoples livelihoods and-“

“Yeah yeah, I get it.” He said.

“So, you'd better get going!” She smiled at him. “And Ill just-“

“Wait.” He said, holding out his arm. “I want to talk to you.”

“But Inuyasha…”

“Obviously I cant right now, but what about tonight?”

“To-tonight…” She bit her lip, thinking. “I cant tonight, I have rounds.”

“Really? That's odd. Its not your week to-“

“You have my schedule memorized?” She raised a brow.

“Feh. You wish. Its just predictable.”

“Mmm.” She hummed, disbelievingly.

“What about tomorrow then?”

“Tomorrow… Well, Tuesdays I usually…”

“Eh?”

“Tuesdays I usually go out with Hojo.”

He growled, moving quickly to cage her against the wall with this arms.

“Cancel it.” He demanded.

“Eh? But we planned on-“

Inuyasha could feel his demon rising to the surface. He leaned his head in, capturing the shell of her ear between his teeth.

“Screw that. I want to take you out.” His voice was husky.

“L-like a date?” She asked nervously.

“You can call it whatever you want. But you'd better not go out with him tomorrow. Got it?” He breathed.

Kagome nodded wordlessly.

“Good.” He said, as he backed away from her.

“I- I- I gotta go.” She said, before she opened the door, the rush of cool morning air hitting her hard.

The hanyou stood there, smug with pride. A day wasn't long to wait at al.

~.~

Inuyasha sat at this desk, looking around the empty room. There was a name plate on his desk, indicating his position. He had had people talking to him al morning, congratulating him, telling him how proud they were, how his father had always wanted this.

The worst was his damn brother. He had to come over, with his condescending remarks. Wasn't this supposed to be happy thing? Leave it that moron to bring the mood down.

He was glad that Myouga had told his secretary to schedule his lunch alone. So many people wanted to take him out and `pick his brain'. Fuck that. His head was throbbing as it was.

The only thing that was calming him down was Kagome.

He could smell her on him. He felt like he could hear her voice. He debated on calling her.

At least he could see her, well, sort of. Myouga had given him a framed picture as a gift, saying every husband should have his wife on his desk.

Heh, he wouldn't mind having Kagome on the desk. Or the couch. Up against the glass windows. On the floor. Pressed up against-

Fuck, if he didn't stop his thoughts, it was going to be dangerous.

One day wasn't so long, right?

He was so wrapped up in his thoughts that he didn't hear the door open, didnt figure it out until the scent hit him.

She was there.

~.~

Kagome tried to smooth down her skirt in the elevator. She needed something to do from feeling nervous. She had planned this was Myouga. She would come to his office, and give him lunch. First days were always tough, right? And Myouga himself had asked her to come…

And she had agreed. She said she would come down and play the part of wife, bringing lunch to her husband. Myouga said with would be good for his image in the company.

But more than that, she wanted to do it as a friend. He had come such a long way… he was hardly the person he had been when they married.

The elevator rang, and the doors opened.

“Oh, Kagome!” The flea demon squealed with excitement. “Im so glad you were able to come.”

“I wouldn't miss it.” She said with a smile.

“Oh ho, such a dutiful wife.” He chuckled. “Everyone, this is Mr.Takahashis wife, Kagome.”

The people before her gave low bows, signaling their respect. The flea demon led her to his office.

“Im so glad I have the opportunity to talk to you, Kagome! Are things going well?”

“Um.. yeah of course.” She smiled. Not like he needs to know how confusing the situation has become, she mentally sighed.

“And hes behaving like a gentleman?” He asked.

“As much as to be expected.”

“Oh, master Inuyasha.” The flea shook his head. “Wel, now is the perfect time to tell you that we are having a ball in honor of your husband!” He smiled gleefully.

“For Inuyasha?” Kagome asked.

“Of course! It's a momentous occasion! Both sons of Takahashi, working together in their fathers company! Who would have thought the day would come!”

“Well, it sounds like it will be a good time.” Kagome said.

“Its sure to be!” They walked up to the secretary's desk and Myouga announced “This is Inuyashas wife, Mrs.Takahashi. Were going to surprise him.” The flea sounded thrilled with his deception.

“Hi-his wife?” She asked skeptically. “Im not sure he is able to see you.”

“Nonsense. We have purposely left this time slot open, just for this.” Myouga pointed to the homemade bento. “Isnt she such a good wife? Thinking of her husband on this overwhelming day.” He smiled.

“Its just that-“

“Ill hear no more of this.” The flea said with finality.

Kagome walked over, noticing that the door was cracked. He… he wasn't alone.

“And the girl he was forced to marry, this country no body… she is beneath him.”

“Really?” The other voice asked.
“Forced to marry, for three years. Can you believe that? The term of his inheritance are so out dated. Ive had lawyers looking into how this mess can be annulled. He practically begged me to. Isnt that right, Inuyasha?”

She knew that voice.

She knew that woman.

It was Kikyo.

“Huh? Oh, yeah.” She heard him say.

“And the things he has had to endure… pretending to like this woman, hearing her trivial stories, acting as if he wants to be around her, when in reality he couldn't wait to run away…”

“What a predicament.” The other woman said sadly.

~.~

Inuyasha couldn't believe it. Kikyo had come.

She had apparently found someone on the staf that she could put under her spell. She had mentioned before that they were going to allow her to go off the hospitals grounds, with supervision, of course. But he had never dreamed that it would be here. To his office.

Apparently, she wanted to surprise him.

Whatever they were talking about, he couldn't be bothered to pay attention. He listened for him name so he could grunt out a response.

He pushed around the food on his plate absent mindedly. His thoughts were elsewhere.

With Kagome.

He was looking at the picture Myouga had given him. It was taken on their wedding day. She had truly looked beautiful. Her face, her hair, her dress. She looked just like a doll. And the outfit she had changed into after… she looked like a vixen.

He had to replace this picture. He wanted one of her where she looked natural, where she was smiling. He had plenty of those. The wench was picture happy. Maybe the one where they spent the day at the theme park? He would like to go back there again, take her on the Ferris wheel and kiss her, like on actual date.

Damn he was mushy. Like out of a freaking manga.

He breathed in deeply. He could smell Kikyo and whoever the hell her attendant was… but he could smell Kagome. Her scent had been on him all morning. He had even skipped a shower, not wanting the remnants of her to disappear yet.

Funny, it seemed like it was stronger.

Something was wrong.

His ears swiveled to the door, picking apart the sounds. Breathing.

He lifted his gaze. He didn't have to see the shape of her body, the outline of it that humans wouldn't be able to make out. He could just tell.

“…Kagome…”

She stepped forward, the door opening wide.

He could hear her breathing, trying to calm herself down. She bit her lip, then finally spoke.

“Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt.” She gave a smile. “I just wanted to drop this off. I thought you might want something nice on your first day.” Kagome was looking all over the room, trying to avoid their stares. “But I see that Kikyo has already brought lunch. So uh, Myouga” She turned to him. “You can have it. I made some for you too but, maybe you can find someone that wants it.” She turned her head back to Inuyasha. “Im in the way, I'll go.”

“KAGOME-“ He said, shooting up from his desk. He raced around, desperate to catch her.

Kikyo rushed to his side.

“If you so much as take another step after her, Inuyasha, so help me, you will regret it.” Her voice was cold, stern.

He let loose a growl.

“DAMN IT!”

~.~