InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Feud Of Love ❯ Of Virgin Blood and Flesh ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hallo, I am the all knowing author of this wonderful little fic. I hope that I haven't totally disgusted you yet with not uploading since...July 30. My computer had issues and so did my bro so he deleted ALL my files, including the next chappie of this.
And another reason is because I have been working a lot more on my other story, Black Roses. Which is a Fable story that is uploaded on ff.net.
So if you're reading this you're either really forgiving, or reading this a long time after this update and have no idea what I'm talking about, or really love this story or want to read this then flame to your heart's desire...^^ Whatever makes you wanna have one.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

Kagome peeked out of her bedroom door before venturing down the deserted hallway.
Strange, it seems like no one lives here. There are hardly any servants or other residents in the hallways.
Having made sure there was no one outside, the elf turned and pulled the heavy door shut. She let her hair down and used it to partly hide her face. Then she shook out an old, musty cape that had been hidden in a corner of a small chest of clothes.
The cape looked as if could have, once, been a shade of purple, but it had long since turned a dark brown. The material had the texture of velvet but it appeared to be leather on the outside.
Kagome quickly threw it around her bare shoulders and started her wanderings in the foreign castle. She stepped lightly on the floors and tried to attract the least attention. Not that there was anyone that could give her attention.
This place probably has a bunch of secret spots that no one knows about. Maybe I should look around more before I head to the kitchen...

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

Inuyasha had quickly abandoned his formal kimono for his usual red one. His hair was pulled back with a simple white string. He was stomping towards the elf’s room at the moment.
“Master Yasha.”
A young messenger had stuck their head out from behind a corner. She kept her hair away from her face and wore a short light red dress. Unlike most of the castle’s servants, this girl held a fiery defiance in her eyes towards the half demon.
“Master Yasha. A strange cloud has been spotted to the east. General Hunwort sent me to fetch you.”
Fetch?!
“A cloud? Feh, tell him he can fetch some of his people to investigate.”
The girl bowed briefly before running away. Inuyasha watched the girl until she was out of his sight before he ran towards the nearest window.
He clawed open the window, stuck out his head and scented the air. After a few moments of sniffing and twitching his nose caught the dreaded smell.
“No. It can’t be him.”
The hanyou backed away from the window, almost stumbling and impaling himself on a candle holder. Then, he made a quick dash at the window and sailed through.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

Kagome looked up from the small hall window. She craned her neck to see the sky above her.
There, sailing between the ominously billowing clouds in the east and the blank endless blue sky in the west, silhouetted against the shining orbs of the twin suns was the lord of the castle. His silver hair flowed behind him, coming loose from the string’s hold and running like a river of the sky. The crimson of his clothes was faded into black by the glare of the suns while the loose folds beat in the air and made a sound almost like footsteps upon the wind.
Inuyasha’s molten gold eyes flashed, shining with the same intensity of the immense giants that rested just behind him, illuminating the world as nothing else did.
The elf’s eyes widened, becoming pools of earthy brown in a sea of ivory flesh. Her breaths came quickly as her heart beat faster upon her breast and her gentle mouth fell open. A slow blush descended on the virgin skin.
“Oh wow.”
A fast wind came from the east and blew the elf’s hair across her face, obscuring her sight. Just as Inuyasha performed a quick session of front flips and landed with a running start.
Was that really the lord? He looked so...
“Excuse me, it is not wise to stand looking out of windows like that. You may get something unpleasant thrown in your face.”
Kagome turned to find a tall, crooked man with an old yellow scarf tied around his neck, behind her. He was looking down his nose and kept flaring his nostrils.
“Oh, sorry. Thanks for telling-”
The man waved his hand and pointed to a pile of round purple things.
“You can start by peeling the muckers.”
Kagome saluted and walked over to the strange vegetables. She picked one up and looked around but found no knife.
“How do I peel these?”
The man flared his nose extra wide and heaved a sigh.
“Do I have to be your nurse maid? Use your magic. After all, the only thing strong enough to cut a mucker is an elf’s magic. Those have been sitting there ever since the lord found them growing in the mountains.
“You see, he had one when he was a child and he was in love ever since. But there hasn’t been an elf at this castle since the times of Lord Shesshomaru.”
Kagome nodded and concentrated on cutting a mucker. It was, indeed, hard.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

The suns shone down on the dark clouds, bravely fighting towards the earth. The clouds, in turn, formed monumental waves that reached farther and farther across the sky. The suns had put up a valiant fight, but they were inclined to leave, now. And let the single moon, Agathon, continue its fight.
Atop this battle of nature we see the demon, once again. He sits with legs folded and chin thrust forward in a demanding pose. His eyes looked down on his former kingdom while his mind looked at a faraway scene.
“DO YOU THINK I DON’T KNOW IT’S YOU?!”
The demon woke from his dream and gazed on his beloved brother’s tender face.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

“Shesshomaru! Get away from my kingdom!”
Inuyasha stood below his brother’s clouds. The ones that Shesshomaru used to fly wherever he wanted. A power Inuyasha had not inherited.
Shesshomaru poked his head from behind a clump of clouds, a strange smile lying on his lips.
“Dear little brother, you have been taking good care of your castle. You could be doing better about your appearance, however.”
Inuyasha did little to restrain his anger...and his growl. Shesshomaru stood then launched himself toward the ground, landing within a few meters of the hanyou. Inuyasha reached for his sword but withdrew his hand in shock.
I FORGOT my SWORD?!
“You’d best not even try to fight me, little brother.”
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

Sorry, for making you wait. Again, I probably won't finish this story or continue it.