InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Hanyou's Thoughts ❯ chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

She whipped her fan around and a moment later she and Kanna were once again soaring through the open skies back to Naraku.
 
“Kagura?” Kanna asked quietly after they were out of site of Inuyasha and his group. “Why do you look that way?” For a moment Kagura didn't know what she was talking about, and then it dawned on her that she must still look a little shocked.
 
“Nothing,” Kagura said, turning her head to look forward again. “Let's just get back to Naraku, I want to know what he is planning.”
 
“He has not told you?” Kanna questioned.
 
“No.” Was the short reply and the rest of the journey was a quiet one.
 
(With Naraku)
 
`Soon…' he thought to himself. “Soon she will be mine. If I cannot have the living Kikyo than I shall have her living reincarnation!' He looked around himself, smirking as he did so. He was in an unusually happy mood, do to the fact that he had just created another incarnation and it was one of his strongest, if not also his stupidest.
 
“Come forward.” He suddenly called into the gloomy darkness. “Come forward and serve your master.”
 
The…thing…slithered, crawled, and lugged its self across the ground towards Naraku. It really was nothing more than flesh, really, as that was what it resembled. Naraku wasn't even sure himself how it was able to move, as it had no form of communication.
 
The thing plopped its self at Naraku's feet and, with what resembled eyes, looked up at him. It bubbled and boiled and popped, giving off the smell of death and decay. Every once in a while something that, if you were a Picasso painter, you might call a mouth also came to the surface of this beast. But, when they opened, a sound like the dieing of once living things came to mind, as it was not real sound that you heard.
 
“I want you to go and harass those people Kagura and Kanna were just after.” Naraku said. “Don't kill them, only play with them for a while.” For a moment It didn't move. Naraku knew that it was stupid and probably wouldn't know Inuyasha and his little friends form a hole in the ground, but it didn't bother him much. As the thing started to move, Naraku thought to send a golem of him after it, just to make sure that It didn't kill anyone he didn't want dead…yet.
 
(With Kagura and Kanna)
 
“Why does Naraku want that miko, Kagome?” Kagura asked. “She isn't anything special, unless you count being a bitch's reincarnation special.” Kanna was silent for a moment or more, and Kagura thought that she wasn't going to answer.
 
But then, as she was about to face ahead again, Kanna said, “She is the reincarnation of Kikyo.”
 
“I know that.” Kagura said, a little snap in her voice.
 
“Naraku loved Kikyo.” Kanna said. Kagura might have just been imagining it, but it seemed that Kanna was taking a little joy in making Kagura ask so many questions.
 
“I know that as well.” Kagura snapped, taking what she thought was Kanna being a brat a little too far. “But why Kagome? Why not just take Kikyo?”
 
“Kikyo is dead.” Kanna said, still in her quiet manner, not taking the bait her sister threw at her.
 
“Well aren't you helpful?” Kagura said. “So what? Why not just make a wish on the Shikon no Tama that she's alive and loves him?”
 
For a moment it seemed that Kanna was thinking…or getting orders from Naraku.
 
“Because there can be only one wish.” Kanna finally said, and Kagura gave up. It was like talking to a wooden hut that only knew a few words or something!
 
“Fine.” Kagura said. “Don't trust me.” And she looked away from Kanna. But doing so, looking away, she didn't catch the faint emotion that flitted across her sister's face: sadness.
 
`I do trust you,' Kanna thought to herself. `I love you, dear sister, but it is Naraku…he controls me…us…' then her thoughts were turned away to what she had found out from Naraku. A new incarnation…stronger, faster, powerful…but stupid. They were to go and check on the beast and then come back.
 
“Kagura, we must go north.” Kanna said. “Naraku says…”
 
“…It's an order, I know.” Kagura finished, directing the feather away to the North now. “Fine then, we're going north.”
 
 
A/N: Yeah, I know, short, but oh well, it had lots of information! Anyways, love you all, hope you keep reading! I'll be updating some more in a while, so just watch out for those updates! Lol, ja ne
 
--Nene--