InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Hanyou's Thoughts ❯ chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Kagura, we must go north.” Kanna said. “Naraku says…”
“…It's an order, I know.” Kagura finished, directing the feather away to the North now. “Fine then, we're going north.”
(With Naraku)
 
Even though Kanna was not there, he was still able to spy on Kagome. Taking out a golem he set it down and waited for it to transform. When it did he sent it out, with instructions to not be seen heard or detected. It left without a word.
 
An hour later Naraku closed his eyes and saw through the golems. Currently it was hiding in the trees along side the camp of Inuyasha and his gang. There, close to the fire so that she was warm, was Kagome, Naraku's Kagome.
 
“You will soon be mine.” He said. “When this war is over, you will be mine.” He opened his eyes and called to Kanna with his mind.
 
An image of her appeared before his eyes, the size of her mirror.
 
“Where are you?” He demanded.
 
“Heading into the North.” Kanna replied. “We are almost upon the…thing.” She finished with a little pause as to what to call the beast they were looking for.
 
“Good, good.” Naraku said. “When you find it make sure that it is going in the right direction. I want that talisman and if I do not get it…there will be heads rolling very soon.”
 
Kanna, unfazed by this comment, only nodded and her image disappeared from the air. For a moment Naraku didn't move.
 
“Soon.” He said, and closed his eyes, again looking through another's. “Soon you will be mine!”
 
(With Kagura and Kanna)
 
“How much farther is this thing?” Kagura asked after Kanna had set her mirror down.
 
“Half a mile.” Kanna replied, dead eyes facing ahead.
 
Kagura sighed and said, “Good, I'm getting bored.”
 
Kanna made no reply and the rest of the trip was in silence.
 
It wasn't much time later when they came upon a trail of dead trees and animals. On this trail, not far ahead and blow the feather, was the incarnation.
 
“Is that it?” Kagura said, a look of disgust on her face. “The things that demon comes up with.” She rolled her eyes.
 
“Come.” Kanna said and she jumped from the feather.