InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Long Time Ago ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sesshoumaru?” Came Katja's voice.
Sesshoumaru snapped out of his thoughts. “Hm…”
“Can I go now?”
“Yes, but only if I get to go with you.”
I told you…
`Shut up!'
“I was kinda hoping to go by myself.”
“Fine. Just hurry back.”
“Thank you!” She said running off.
`Now to get back to Rin and Jaken before they wake up. Please don't be awake...' He begged.
So now, we have a new journey, don't we?
`Shut up!'
A couple of hours later Katja was walking in the forest back to her hut.
A taiyoukai, around the age of six, came running up to her, “KATJA!” He said with glee in his voice as he jumped on her and gave her a hug.
“Hey Dark!” Katja said giving him a hug back. “How have you been? I haven't seen you in a while.”
“I sensed another demon, two to be exact,” He said holding up to fingers to make his point clear, “around your hut. So I did exactly what you told me always to do… I hide.”
“Good boy,” She said giving him another hug to show she cared. “Well you better hop on. It looks like its getting ready to rain and I don't want you to catch a cold.”
“I can't catch a cold that easily.”
“You're right. Maybe I should just let you stay out here then.”
“No… Don't leave me alone again…”
“Then hop on and maybe we'll get home before the rain comes.” She said leaning far enough down so that Dark could hop on.
Dark hopped on just as Katja started running to make it home.
Katja ran into the hut just as rain started to pour down over the forest.
“What took you so long? And who's the kid?” Asked Sesshoumaru as Katja let Dark down and closed the door.
“I had to go to another village and get some herbs for Rin's arm. Moreover, Dark is no ordinary kid he is just like you and is like a son to me… Well anyways I'll get supper started.” Katja said as she lit the fireplace.
“Can I help?” Asked Dark.
“Why don't you play with Rin and show her how to draw, like I taught you?”
“Okay, where is she?”
Rin ran up to Dark, “Hi!”
“Hi, wanna play?”
“Yeah!” Rin said as she and Dark ran off to play in a corner.
“Can I help, then?”
“No, you're a Lord. You shouldn't be helping me with anything.” She said as she pulled out a knife and started to cut up meat, “But if you want you could start mixing up those herbs so it wouldn't take me all night. And while you're at it, send that toad-“
“Jaken! My name is Jaken!”
“Fine, send Jaken to play with the children.”
“You can't order Lord Sesshoumaru around! You're a ningen!”
“Ah, but I'm no ordinary ningen. “I am the one who can save Rin's life… So don't tell me what to do!”
You are servant made it worse! Punish him! In addition, make it good! Said Sesshoumaru's inner demon.
`I can't, not in front of her!' “Jaken do as she says! We don't want Rin dead!”
“Yes, L-Lord S-Sesshoumaru!” Jaken said running off towards Rin and Dark.
“Nice.” Katja said with a smile.
“Thanks. So how am I to do this?” He said looking at it funny.
“There is a list of al the herbs and instructions how to do it. It is at the bottom of the basket. So get a start on it then I'll take over while you all are eating.”
Sesshoumaru found the parcel and started mixing.
*After Dinner*
Katja was stirring the last of the ingredients into the mixture.
“Hey Rin!” Katja said looking over at Rin, “Can you come over here for a second?”
Rin ran over to her, “Yes?”
“I have the cure to heal your arm completely.” She said as she took the wrap off Rin's arm. She applied the mixture to Rin's wound and watched it completely heal. “There we go,” She said with a smile. “Good as new… Well I think you and Dark should get some sleep.”
“Why should Rin sleep? Rin didn't do anything.”
“It's late. You both deserve sleep. I think I do too.”
“Okay, Rin sleep. Only if Rin can sleep by you and Dark.”
“Sure. Come on Dark! Me and Rin are going to sleep and I think you should too!”
Dark ran up to her, jumped into her arms, snuggled up, and fell asleep.
This made Katja smile even more and took Rin's hand and they walked to a corner and feel asleep.
Sesshoumaru looked at Katja loving and tenderly. `She really knows how to treat both human and youkai kindly. Rin needs someone like that, besides me, in her life.'
You don't want her just for Rin-
`I know, okay? Now will you just shut up!'
Finally you admit to it to yourself!
`I thought I told you to shut up!'
Oh this time I'm not going to leave you alone. I'm here all night.
“Perfect just what I need. I'll just ignore you.' He thought while walking over next to Katja, sitting down, and feel asleep.
*During the night*
Katja woke up with a startle. `I gotta go.' She looked down at Dark and Rin, and smiled. She gently picked up Rin and placed her on Sesshoumaru's lap.
Sesshoumaru stirred a little but fell back into sleep.
Katja then gently picked up Dark and placed him beside Sesshoumaru. She last placed a note into Sesshoumaru's hand and closed his hand around it.
She grabbed her bag, went to the door, turned around, and whispered, “I'm sorry…” as she walked out into the rainy night. “See you again, my love.” She whispered to Sesshoumaru


Converting /tmp/phpfC32VP to /dev/stdout