InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Love of Two Hearts ❯ Kagome's New Savor ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey everyone! You people don't know me because I'm new to this website. But I just wanted to post this story though it's on FanFiction as well. I hope you enjoy!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own anything of Inuyasha.
 
Chapter 1: Kagome's New Savior
 
The sun shone bright through the trees on this spring morning in Feudal Japan. The sun shone right into the eyes of a teenaged girl. Kagome Higurashi yawned as she turned away from the light. She moaned when she heard a very unpleasant wake up call. “Damn it Kagome! Wake the hell up! It'll take to next year to collect all the jewel shards with you lying on your lazy ass.”
 
She moaned again pulling her sleeping bad over her head to block him and the sun out. “Just give at least five more minutes, Inuyasha.” She wined as she berried deeper into the sleeping bag. “Plus it's Saturday!” He was always like this, waking up at the crack of dawn and waking everyone else with him.
 
Inuyasha annoyed, like always, grabbed the sleeping bag and yanked it clean off her. “I don't give a damn if it's a Saturday or whatever. I don't even know what Saturday is. So get the hell up!” He yelled at the top of his lungs.
 
Kagome, also annoyed, stood grabbing the opposite side of the sleeping bag and pulled on it. “Saturday is the last day of a week, or seven days! It's when people and families can rest or spend time with one another. Usually in the mornings people sleep in, so if you don't mind I'm going back to sleep!” She pulled on it harder.
 
Inuyasha pulled on his end of the sleeping bag nearly pulling her off her feet. “We don't have the time for you to sleep or whatever! We have to look for the Sacred Jewel Shards! I can't get them if your not awake!” he growled as he pulled harder.
 
“Is that all I'm good for? Sensing the shards? I'm nothing but a damn jewel detector, aren't I?” These words stunned Inuyasha making him speechless. “How about you look for the jewels on your own or get the help of you precious Kikyou.” She yelled pulling harder and stronger on the sleeping bag.
 
“Well... maybe I should!” He snapped pulling harder on his side. Soon they were pulling so hard that it tore right down the middle of the sleeping bag, sending them flying backwards on to the ground. Kagome glared teary eyed at him as she threw the rest of the sleeping bag at him. Without another word she grabbed up her other belongings and began to walk off. Dammit Inuyasha, go after her! He stood and ran after her. “Kagome... wait...”
 
“SIT! Don't even bother trying to stop me! I'm tired of always being second! Always in Kikyou's shadow! I'll never be good enough for you! I'm leaving, look for the shard with her, but I'm keeping the ones that I own. You want them... kill me! Good luck! You'll need it!” With that she ran off into the forest out of sight.
 
Inuyasha lifted his head from the ground and watched her leave. “Fine! Go! I don't need you!” He continued to lay there and watch her. He then he replaced his head into the ground. Dammit Inuyasha, she'll never come back now! He sighed pushing off the ground and straightened up.
 
Sango, Miroku, Shippou, and Kirara, how had woken from all the commotion, was glaring at the hanyou. “Thanks a lot Inuyasha, now Kagome will never return to us!” The little fox demon wined. Miroku and Sango both nodded in agreement.
 
“Shut up, shrimp! She'll be back.” He snapped and looked towards the trees where she left.
 
“Considering how upset she was, Inuyasha, she may not return. Also, we are still days away from Kaeda's village and the well. She'll probably either be kidnapped or killed.” Miroku exclaimed sternly. “And it's all thanks to you.”
 
This made Inuyasha feel guilty inside for the way he treated Kagome. I hope she'll be okay. “She'll be back... she has to...” The others weren't as sure.
 
* * *
 
Kagome was walking climbing down a rather high cliff, and the weight of her backpack wasn't making it any easier. She held on tight to the side of the cliff as she reached for a tree branch that was sticking out of the side of the cliff. She gulped as she tried not to look down and concentrate on the task ahead.
 
“Okay, c-mon girl you can do it don't give up now.” She reached and grabbed it and heaved a deep sigh. “Yes!” But when she let go of another tree she slipped falling. She screamed as she fell, but suddenly she wasn't falling, she looked up breathing deeply finding that her backpack had snagged onto a rock that had been sticking out of the cliff. “Few, now I'm just going to have to stay here until someone finds me.”
 
She began to yell, at the top of her lungs, for help. “Help! Help me... please... somebody!” She screamed as the backpack's strap, which she was holding on to, began to rip. Her eye widened in fear of what may happen. She slowly looked down at the raging river below her. “HELP!!!”
 
A small voice had echoed from the top of the cliff. “Lord Sesshoumaru, did you hear something?”
 
Kagome head perked up. Sesshoumaru? “HELP! HELP ME PLEASE!” She yelled up until she fell horse. Please Sesshoumaru, I may be human, but I need your help, just this once. Please.
 
A little girl looked over the side of the cliff down at her. “Lord Sesshoumaru! That girl is down there! Help her! Please?!” She pleaded. The great inu-taiyoukai looked over the edge down at her as well. He let a smirk appear on his face.
 
“Well id it isn't my little brother's wench. Tell me, miko, how did you end up down there?” He seemed to enjoy the sight of her hanging almost 500 feat above the river.
 
The backpack tore more. “I-I was trying to climb down it... pl-please... save me! I'll do anything! Please!” The strap ripped off on one side, which made her hole on tighter and yell. “PLEASE! HELP ME!”
 
Sesshoumaru looked over at the scared little girl next to him and sighed. “Very well, you come with me, and watch over Rin as a garden.” Kagome nodded frantically as the lord jumped onto the rock she was snagged onto. He held out his only hand to her while lying on his stomach. “Let go with one hand and reach for mine.”
 
Kagome let go and reached up, but sense there was so much weight now, the strap ripped the rest of the way off. The thing was, instead of falling to her death, Sesshoumaru did a quick snatch and grabbed a hold of her hand. She was trembling from head to toe, breathing deeply, as he pulled her up onto the rock where he sat.
 
She breathed deeply as he sat her down. She leaned on the side of the cliff her eyes closed as she tried to calm herself. Her heart was pounding so fast and loud that a youkai or hanyou could here it from a mile away. She opened her eyes again watching him as he pulled her backpack up and threw it to the top of the cliff. “Hang on.” He said with an unusual soft voice.
 
She blushed as he did so, but held on to his fluffy tail feeling how soft it was and snuggled into it. The next thing that happened surprised and nearly made her jump out her skin. He wrapped his only arm around her as well as his tail. He then leapt to the top of the top of the cliff in a very graceful way that seemed to defy gravity. But it was so fast and swift that she had to hold on even tighter than she had.
 
Finally she felt him land on the solid ground and she removed herself from his grasp. She then lied on the ground and sighed with relief. She lay there thanking the lord above that she was still alive. After a few minutes she sat up and tried to stand, but as she did so, her legs were to weak, she ended up twisting her ankle.
 
Sesshoumaru noticed this before the pain even hit her, and caught her before she fell to the ground. He lifted her up re-wrapping his tail around her and held her up. “Come Rin, it's time to return to the castle.” He said softly to the young human girl. With a bright smile on her face she began to skip ahead humming merrily. With this he headed west.
 
Kagome reached and rubbed her ankle, which was throbbing with pain, still surprised by the great lord's behavior. He was being kind to her, helping her, this wasn't like him to help humans. Her eyes turned to the human girl who was picking flowers of all colors from different flower patches. Then why does he treat her as his own child if he hates humans? She asked herself.
 
As Rin ran over to another flower patch, Kagome jumped out of the lord's arm and grabbed her away just in time, before as rattle snake snapped at her. But instead of Rin being bitten, Kagome received the blow and was poisoned by it's venom, but instead of letting go, the snake hung from her arm letting more poison into her vains.
 
She could feel herself become weakened by the venom, which wasn't good, and let her eyes droop and close. Suddenly, she felt the snake's fangs being quickly removed for her flesh, and soft lips on her wound. She felt the spreading poison being removed from her blood and soon her weakness disappeared.
 
Her eyes slowly reopened and looked at savor, the one who had saved her not once, but twice. Sesshoumaru removed his lips from the wound and spit the venom from his mouth. He then went back and licked the puncher wounds that were made; soon they slowly began to close over. Kagome felt as if she was in a daze or a dream. She looked at her savor as he rose up. “Th-thank you...” She muttered before she knew what she was saying.
 
Sesshoumaru, who was surprised by his own actions, did not make eye contact with her, but simply looked over at Rin, who was now clinging to Kagome's arm. “Your thanks has been accepted, though you saved Rin from becoming poisoned from the creature.” He looked up at her, his emotionless expression sending shivers down her spine. “For that I'm grateful, and gratefulness is very rare for me to be. Especially when it's a human who I'm grateful to.” He paused for a moment or two before asking, “Tell me, human, what is your purpose for climbing down that cliff? Why wasn't my young brother there to save you?”
 
Kagome looked towards the ground, with a sigh she answered in a very soft tone that even made Sesshoumaru strain his ears. “I was tired of always being second in Inuyasha's heart. Every time he'd look at me, the only thing he was the dead priestess, Kikyou.” She paused as a tear or two rolled down her pale colored cheeks. “I rather not have anything else to do with him if thinks I'm second best. He can search for the shard on his own or with that... that....” She burst into sobbed and the only thing she could cry on was Sesshoumaru's shoulder.
 
He had listened to her problems and understood how she felt, but was caught off guard when she began to cry on his shoulder. Damn him, he thought, Damn my half-brother! The one women who loved him ans is ALIVE, betrayed by him because of the one he loved before her. Sesshoumaru was going to see to it that Inuyasha would never see her again, and she him. That way she wouldn't be emotionally hurt by him again.
 
He looked at the miko, who had been crying, and now in a sleeping deeply of his shoulder. He watched the girl, and felt his eyes soften slightly. What is coming over me? Why do I feel as if I should protect her? Especially Inuyasha? Could it be that I do have some weakness to humans, such like my father? So many questions, but all he had was time.
 
Sesshoumaru slowly lifted the sleeping Kagome with his one arm, as well as wrapping his tail around her, and began to carry her bridle stile. Rin, who was sleeping herself, was now on Sesshoumaru's back as they took to the skies. “Soon, m'lady, you'll never have to worry about my brother again.” He whispered into the sleeping miko's ear.
 
Please Review!!!