InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Miko's Instincts ❯ A Miko's Instincts Epilogue ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Miko's Instincts, Epilogue
By Majicman
 
 
Disclaimer: No, I certainly do not own any of the characters in InuYasha. I do enjoy playing with `em, though.
 
 
 
Kagome and Sango were sitting together, breastfeeding their babies. It had been a month since Naraku had been destroyed and the girls were enjoying the peace and quiet.
 
“Little Akira sure has a healthy appetite, doesn't he?” said Kagome.
 
Sango looked up from her baby and smiled. “Yeah. Although…”
The taijiya looked back down at her child, scowled a little and slapped his little hands. “…I wish he'd stop trying to play with his food.”
 
Kagome giggled. “He's his father's son.” She held Midoriko close to Akira and said, “Watch out for this one.”
 
“She seems really to be paying attention, Kagome.”
 
Midoriko was staring at Akira's head.
 
Sango gasped. “She's glowing.”
 
Midoriko showed a green aura for only a few seconds. The ears on top of her head disappeared and human ears grew out the sides.
 
“Wow,” said Kagome and sat back down. “InuYasha!”
 
The hanyou came out of the hut carrying Akamaru and Aoimaru. “Two freshly-diapered puppies coming up and…what happened to her ears?” InuYasha rushed up to Kagome's side and looked at Midoriko nose-to-nose.
 
Midoriko looked at her daddy, smiled and glowed green again. Her ears on the sides dissolved and puppy ears reappeared atop her head. The green aura subsided and Midoriko cooed.
 
“That's interesting,” said Kagome.
 
Akamaru and Aoimaru, who had been watching Midoriko, glowed red and blue respectively while they duplicated their sister's performance.
 
InuYasha's head swung back and forth as he tried to keep track of his sons' transformations. “It…It looks like they can do it at will.”
 
“I guess that's what you get when you cross a hanyou and a miko,” said Sango.
 
“Mmmmmuhhhhhhmmmmmmuhhhmmmmmm.” Kagome, InuYasha and Sango all looked at Akira, who seemed to be straining mightily.
 
“Now now, Akira,” said Kagome. “You can't transform.”
 
“Suddenly Akira stopped straining and looked happy again.
 
“But he does need a change.”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“Yes, he does.”
 
 
 
Sesshomaru flew towards InuYasha's village at top speed, Kagura in his arms. His own physician had declared that the wind sorceress was having a breach birth, but that there was nothing that could be done. The baby might be saved if they cut it out now, but Kagura would probably die.
 
Maybe the miko could do something. He flew faster.
 
 
 
Miroku joined InuYasha, Kagome and Sango. “After boiling those diapers, I almost wish I had my Kazaana again.” The monk smiled at his wife as he sat beside her. “Why are you all so excited?”
 
The monk was filled in quickly.
 
“You should show this to Kaede-sama,” said Miroku. The monk looked pensive for a moment. “But there is one more item of importance that I've wanted to ask you about, Kagome.”
 
Kagome turned serious. “About the Shikon no Tama?”
 
“What will you do with it?”
 
“I'm not sure yet. I'm a little afraid.”
 
“That is understandable.”
 
“The well might close and I might be stuck here or in my own time. Either way, I would lose people I love.”
 
“Yet the jewel should be purified.”
 
“I know.”
 
 
 
Kagura groaned in his arms. “At least she's still alive,” thought the Great Lord of the Western Lands. Sesshomaru looked away from his mate and noted the landmarks. They had reached the miko's village!
 
 
 
InuYasha sniffed and smiled.
 
“What is it?” asked Kagome.
 
“Sesshomaru.” InuYasha frowned.
 
“I thought you two were getting along now,” said Miroku.
 
“It's not that. I smell pain. I think it's Kagura.”
 
The girls looked at each other. “The baby!”
 
Sesshomaru floated down amongst them. “My mate needs help.”
 
Kagome took one look and told Sesshomaru to bring Kagura into her hut. She sent InuYasha after Kaede. Miroku was detailed to watch the four babies.
 
“Lay her down here, Sesshomaru,” said Kagome. “You may wait outside.”
 
“This Sesshomaru will not abandon his mate now.”
 
“Of course. Stand on that side of her and let me work.”
 
“This Sesshomaru does not take orders from…”
 
Kagome looked up at Sesshomaru as her aura flared.”
 
Sesshomaru moved quickly. “In the interest of his mate's condition, this Sesshomaru will stand over here.”
 
“Glad we got that straight.”
 
Kagome and Sango moved Kagura into the proper position for birth. The miko placed her hands over the woman's belly and concentrated. In the darkened hut, a pink aura came from her hands and penetrated the wind witch's belly.
 
“She not just in breach,” said Kagome. “The cord is wrapped around the baby's neck. Kagome's hands moved over Kagura's belly. The miko was lifting the baby's head and unwrapping the cord. She then used her powers to rotate the baby so it was in the proper position for delivery.
 
Kagura's eyes fluttered open. “Sess-Sesshomaru?”
 
“You are in good hands,” said Sesshomaru. “InuYasha's mate, the miko, has used her powers to save our baby.”
 
The wind sorceress turned to Kagome. “And to think I tried to destroy you.”
 
Kagome smiled. “Don't worry about it. Just get ready to push when I tell you to.”
 
“Ye…uuuuhhhhhh.”
 
“Another contraction?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“When the next one comes, we'll push together.”
 
Kaede slipped into the hut and took Sango's place waiting to receive the baby. “Now go, Sango. Miroku needs your help with the babies.”
 
Kagome looked to the elder miko. “Why don't you take over, Kaede? You have more experience than I.”
 
“Nonsense, Kagome. Ye are doing fine. I shall stay where I am.”
 
Kagura groaned again.
 
“Another contraction?” Kagura nodded.
 
“Puuussssshhhhhh.”
 
“I can see the head,” said Kaede.
 
“One more push, Kagura.”
 
“And it's…a……girl.”
 
“Oh my kami, she's beautiful, said Kagome.
 
“Let me see,” said Kagura. The wind sorceress looked at the baby, then looked at her mate, then looked at her baby. “It's a female version of Sesshomaru!” Kagura turned to her mate. “Remember when Kikyo was chasing me and I asked you for advice on…”
 
“This Sesshomaru does not wish to go there.”
 
Kagura smirked at her mate, then turned to Kagome and said, “Could you ask your mate to come in here? We would like him present when we announce our daughter's name.”
 
“Certainly.”
 
 
 
Kagome, InuYasha, Sesshomaru and Kaede gathered around Kagura, who was now propped up slightly and holding the baby. She turned to her mate. “Sesshomaru?”
 
“This Sesshomaru and his mate have decided to name our daughter, with InuYasha's permission, Izayoi.
 
“What?”
 
“InuYasha?” said Kagome. “Watch your temper.”
 
“I'm not angry, just surprised. My brother wants to name his daughter after my mother?”
 
Kagura just rolled her eyes.
 
“This Sesshomaru understands if you don't want…”
 
“You know what this means, Kagome.”
 
“What?”
 
“We have to have more pups so we can name one after…” InuYasha looked around their hut. “Kagome? Where are you sneaking off to?”
 
“She is in heat again, brother,” said Sesshomaru.
 
“I know.”
 
“I don't like that look in your eyes, InuYasha,” said Kagome as she continued to back towards the door.
 
“This Sesshomaru would be happy to loan you the use of several competent nursemaids from his castle.”
 
“B-But, InuYasha. It's only been a month since I had our pups. I couldn't possibly…”
 
“She does have some of your blood, has she not? This Sesshomaru detects that she has healed completely.”
 
“I'd start running if I were you,” whispered Kagura.
 
Kagome “eeped” and bolted out the door. She rushed passed Miroku, Sango and the kids. “Watch the babies!” she yelled as she ran towards the well.
 
Miroku and Sango weren't sure, but they thought they saw a red blur pass them just afterwards, followed by…
 
“Sit!”
 
“Aaaagggghhhhh!”
 
<THHHUUMMMMPPPPP>
 
 
 
Kagome reached the well right before InuYasha. Right before. She just barely managed to jump in ahead of her mate, and he jumped in immediately after. A blue light shone from the well. Then a play of lights which continued for several hours.
 
 
 
Kagome climbed from the well in the modern era and took a minute to straighten her clothes. InuYasha jumped out and landed beside her, also taking a minute to straighten up.
 
“I bet it's the first time that happened in the time slip,” said Kagome.
 
“The first several times.”
 
“Shut up.” Kagome looked up at her mate and giggled. She just couldn't stay mad at him. “If anything happens, dog boy, you are changing half the diapers!”
 
“Sesshomaru promised nursemaids.”
 
“Grrrrrrr. Might as well visit with Mama.”
 
 
 
“Hi, Mama!” called out Kagome. We're here for a quick visit.
 
“Oh, good. Just in time for lunch. Ramen, InuYasha?”
 
“Sure!”
 
It was just the three of them. Kagome's grandfather was out visiting a friend and Sota was over at a friend's house for a sleepover.
 
Mama Higurashi presented Kagome with a small digital camera and extra batteries. If she couldn't see her grandchildren in person (although that wasn't for sure), she'd at least get some pictures.
 
The three were sitting `round the kitchen table drinking tea when Kagome suddenly paused and looked down into her own lap. She was starting to feel excited. Her breathing was getting ragged. A fine sheen of sweat appeared on her skin.
 
InuYasha noticed what was happening to Kagome and smiled. Kagome looked back at InuYasha with a look that said “you're lucky I love you, you bastard.”
 
Kagome's mother noticed and said, “Kagome? Are you alright?”
 
Kagome felt the dam burst and she howled, “In-u-Yash-aaaaaa!”
 
“Oh my,” said Mama.
 
Kagome slumped over the table, panting.
 
“That's one,” said InuYasha.
 
Mama Higurashi's eyes got big. “You mean?”
 
“The bastard got me in the time slip,” said Kagome, panting. Another wave hit her. “Uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh!”
 
“That's two,” said InuYasha.
 
“I'll get you for this,” said Kagome, whose eyes got big as she felt another wave coming. “Uhhhhhaiiiiieeeeeeeee!”
 
“That's…”
 
“Sit, boy!”
 
<CRRRRAAAAASSSSSHHHHH>
 
“…three.”
 
Mama Higurashi looked at her daughter, who was breathing hard. “Does that mean you're having three more pups?”
 
Kagome's eyes got very big. “Aiiiiuuuhhhhhhiiieeeeeeee! No, four.”
 
“Oh dear,” said Mama. “I'd better get another card for this camera.”
 
“Mama!”
 
 
 
It was the next morning and Kagome and InuYasha stood in the well house. They had decided to sleep over before heading back through the well…and had discovered in the morning that the jewel was clear and inert. Now the question was whether they could get back.
 
“And you're sure you didn't make a wish.”
 
“Not that I remember, InuYasha.”
 
“Well, we have to try it sometime.”
 
“I don't know what I'll do if we can't get back to the pups.” Kagome was on the verge of tears.
 
“Please don't cry, Kagome. You know I can't stand it when you do.”
 
“I'm sorry.”
 
InuYasha picked up Kagome, and before she could object, jumped into the well. There was the familiar blue light of the time slip, but they were stopped by a green glowing figure.
 
“Priestess Midoriko,” gasped Kagome.
 
“It is a pleasure to finally meet you,” said the ancient miko.
 
 
 
“I thank you for your unselfish wish which freed me from the jewel.”
 
“You're welcome, said Kagome, “I think. The thing is…I don't remember making a wish.”
 
Midoriko smiled. But you both did and it was most unusual.”
 
“May I ask…?”
 
“Perhaps, if I have time. But I must tell you a few things that resulted from your wish. First, the well will remain open, but only for you two. Second, you two now have full demon lifespans.” Midoriko turned to InuYasha. “I know you can explain it to her.”
 
InuYasha smiled. “I will.”
 
Midoriko faced both of them again. “Third, your children will have the lifespan of demons…including the children you already have.”
 
“Thank you.”
 
“And finally, to keep the well open, you will have to do that again at least once every ten years.”
 
“Do what again?” asked Kagome.
 
“I think I can explain that one to her, too,” laughed InuYasha.
 
“Wait,” said Kagome, “you mean we have to…”
 
“That's right.”
 
Kagome blushed. “But what was the wish?”
 
“Oh, that,” answered Midoriko. “You both wished it, together.”
 
Now it was InuYasha's turn to be curious. “So what was the wish?”
 
“You were at the height of your passion when you both wished you could give each other that kind of pleasure forever.”
 
“You-You mean?” stammered Kagome.
 
“Wish granted.”
 
 
 
A/N: I want to thank everyone who read my story and special thanks to everyone who took the time to write a review.
 
As noted previously, I'm thinking of writing a sequel to this story. If you would like to see a sequel, please either say so in a review or use the “Email Author” link to send me a note. I have one story I want to write in the meantime, so I think I could get started on a sequel by late December or early January.
 
In the meantime, I promised to reveal the title for my next story. It will be called “Soul Survivor” and will be another comedy/romance, although it will be rated Y (equivalent to the movie rating R).
 
Finally, I want to thank blackwidow10 for the name I used for Sango and Miroku's son.
 
Again, many thanks for all your reviews. I look forward to your future comments on my new story and perhaps a sequel to this one, if there's enough interest. Thank you!