InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Miko's Life in Sakura High ❯ Problems Arise ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Excuse me if some of this doesn't make sense or isn't as good as before… I'm so drugged up with flu medicine that I feel like dropping dead at my desk, and the sneezing every few minutes doesn't help me either.
 
Sorry this took a long ass time to finally post up! Hopefully updates become more regular and consistent. Read, Review, and ENJOY!
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--A Miko's Life in Sakura High—
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Disclaimer: Y'all should have this drilled into your head by now… I never have and never ever will own Inuyasha… a sad perspective I've came to realize :'/
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;--
Warnings- Cursing, and mention of attempt rape/molest in here, but don't worry it's not very graphic and it doesn't really go very far. Like a sentence or two.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
-Kagome—
#Sesshomaru#
(Sesshomaru's Beast)
:Inuyasha:
&Miroku&
//Onigumo//
+Kikyo+
/Sango/
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Last Time;
 
Sesshomaru looked at Kagome. “Now that you're in the band we can go out for any competitions that pop up, it'll be interesting.”
 
Kagome nodded. “I bet… I can't wait, so when's the next gig?”
 
Sesshomaru shrugged. “We do not know yet… my father takes care of those kind of things and we will not take a gig until we know you are ready and know all the songs.”
 
“Ok, that sounds good.” Kagome agreed.
 
And they continued talking until the bell rang and made their way out of school, signifying the end of Kagome's hectic first day of school.
 
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Problems Arise
 
 
Thursday and Friday went along kind of fast, and nothing new or exciting popped up. She finally received everything she need for her classes, and she got used to the strange routine of switching classes. Basically it was a boring period for Kagome.
 
Naraku and Kagura kept quiet, the events of her first day pushing them into `plotting' mode, their straying glances to her didn't worry her too much, but she kept her guard up for something, as did the rest of her friends.
 
Akitoki-sensei kept to himself as well, save for a few glares and sneers sent Kagome's way. They were sent back to him more harshly by Kagome, Sesshomaru and Onigumo. Even Kikyo gave him a hard stare.
 
But other than that, pretty much nothing happened.
 
The weekend was a good one though, band practice being a new experience for Kagome. While she was there they introduced her to some of their songs, and she was taking to them quite nicely. She got a better taste of the workings of the band, getting to know their sound a little better.
 
And so the peaceful time reigned for a few more days… until Thursday that is…
 
--
“…I'm sorry Kagome, but as the principle of this school I have to suspend students should they fight like you did. But good news is, because fighting is taken lightly here, unlike being suspended for ten days similar to your previous school, you will be only suspended for two days
--
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Sakura High; Thursday Morning—
 
Kagome strode through the school halls, her black backpack slung across one shoulder and skateboard in hand, eyes gazing aimlessly at her fellow high scholars as she made way to her designated destination.
 
Her mouth stretched out into a sly grin as she approached her locker; two certain silver-haired demons stood before her, backs turned her way.
 
A playful spark entered her eyes as she tip-toed towards the two males.
 
Closer and closer she came, as silently as she could manage.
 
Once she was close enough to touch them she opened her mouth and crouched a bit, getting ready to jump.
 
Time ticked slowly as she started to leap and she went to yell.
 
“We know you are there.” The blunt statement was suddenly announced by a flat voice.
 
Startled, Kagome jumped back instead of forward with a loud yelp. On her way she stumbled before she finally tripped and fell to the ground.
 
`thud'
 
“Oomph!”
 
Kagome ended up sprawled to the ground, and stared up at them wide eyed she rubbed her backside unconsciously.
 
By this time Inuyasha had turned around and exploded in a fit of snickers, pointing at her in an amused fashion.
 
Sesshomaru however was smirking smugly.
 
Kagome jumped up and sputtered. “H-hey! What's your deal?!” She shouted indigently.
 
Sesshomaru cocked an elegant silver eyebrow at her. “You were going to do something to us just a minute ago, were you not?” he stated matter-of-factly.
 
Kagome blinked, and had the decency to look sheepish. “Uhhmm…”
 
Sesshomaru regained his smug look. “Exactly what I thought.”
 
Kagome pouted at him. “Meanie!!” She stuck her tongue out at him childishly.
 
Deep chuckling sounded behind her. “Unless you desire for Sesshomaru to use it for other reasons, I advise you not to stick that out.”
 
Kagome blushed at the hidden message and she spun around, before she choked on air. “T-Touga-sensei!?!
 
Touga grinned. “Yes my dear?” he replied innocently.
 
Kagome groaned out in frustration, throwing her hands up. “Ughh sheesh! The whole Takishi family is nutty!”
 
Inuyasha feigned a hurt look. “Even me?” he batted his eyes, messing around.
 
Kagome snorted very un-lady like. “Especially you, you're dating my cousin… anyone who does that either has some balls or is really nutty…” Kagome pretended to look him up and down before she continued. “…in your case it's nutty.”
 
Inuyasha's funny look was wiped off at that as he twitched.
 
“Oh really?” an irritated, feminine voice retorted out from Kagome's line of vision.
 
Said girl froze. “Heheh, no! Not at all Kiki-chan! We were just playing, that's all!. Right Inuyasha?” She gave the inu-hanyou a threatening look that said `Say no and I'll make sure personally that you won't have children later, and it won't be springtime and daisies'
 
Gulping, Inuyasha nodded. “Yep! Just messin' round Kikyo-koi!” he assured his girlfriend as he buttered her up.
 
The endearing suffix to her name caused the collected, gray-eyed miko to blush a barely noticeable pink, but the effect had Kagome and Inuyasha sigh in relief as it got her to forget her previous anger.
 
Kikyo shook her head suddenly, as if to shake off the blush and thoughts. She looked up at Inuyasha suddenly, eyes lit up as she remembered why she came over here. “Oh Inu-kun! We need to leave! We have to finish studying for that English test you have today, remember!”
 
Inuyasha's eyes widened into dinner plates and cursed. “Kuso! I forgot `bout that!!” He runs over to Kikyo and snatches her hand with his and pulled her along with him as he started to run down to the hall.
 
Kikyo gasped and stumbled after Inuyasha, trying to keep upright, before she sent an evil look at her boyfriend.
 
Oblivious to the look his girlfriend was pinning him with, Inuyasha called out to the three left behind without bothering to turn back to look at them. “Gotta go guys! See ya later!”
 
Kagome stared after them as they slowly diminished away, and scratched the back of her head confusedly. “Ohhh-kayy…” she drawled out slowly, and she turned to look at Touga, her eyebrows drawn together. “Wait, why are you around here anyway?” Usually teachers stayed in their classrooms.
 
Touga blinked, before he just smiled disarmingly at her. “Oh, I had nothing to do so I decided to make sure that Sesshomaru gave you something.”
 
Kagome tilted her head cutely. “Give me something?” she repeated, her eyes trailing to her friend.
 
Sesshomaru nodded once. “Yes, it is a slip for the regular gym attire you needed; it came in and you need to pick it up later at the office before class.”
 
Kagome's mouth opened in a silent `ohh', before nodding back. “Okie dokie then.”
 
The paper's in Sesshomaru's pocket… why don't you go get it?” Touga smiled charmingly at Kagome.
 
Kagome's eyes narrowed but her face heated up and she stuttered, canceling out the negative effect she was aiming for. “ W-why y-you!” she exclaimed… she didn't know how to retort for once.
 
Sesshomaru's eye ticked at his father… sometimes the man was just plain embarrassing. “I am perfectly capable of getting it myself Otou.” He replied coldly as he slipped his hand in his pocket to pull out a neatly folded piece pf paper. He handed over to Kagome who took it hesitantly.
 
Kagome blinked at it, before her eyes trailed to Sesshomaru's molten amber ones. “Arigatou.” She mumbled… for some reason she was feeling off today…
 
Sesshomaru nodded gently at her, a ghost of a smile on his face…
 
… Until it was wiped out completely and replaced by a scowl at the incredulous shout of a certain elder Inu demon.
 
“Oh dear Kami! The idiot's smiling!” Touga shouted, shocked. His eyes were wide as his mouth opened and closed repeatedly in his stupor. “The apocalypse's arriving as we know it … we're all gonna die…” the horrified whisper spilled out of his mouth before he could stop it.
 
Kagome saw Sesshomaru twitch and clench his fist, and the last thing Touga saw was his eldest son stalk towards him and raise his hand, before he was rendered unconscious. Getting a better grip on his father arm he turned to the gaping Kagome. “Excuse us, we will see you later Kagome. I… apologize… for my father's behavior.” He gritted out.
 
Kagome's mouth clicked shut before she nodded meekly. “It's ok…”
 
Sesshomaru's eyes lingered over her before he nodded back.
 
They left, leaving Kagome to watch speechless as Sesshomaru dragged his father away to a place where he could cause less commotion and chaos.
 
It was at that moment that she realized what was making her feel out of whack; the dysfunctional family consisting a perverted, mental inu father, a sadistic, unemotional elder son, plus an ill-mannered hanyou with anger issues, and toss in a bi-polar cousin who is said hanyou's girlfriend for good measures, and then couple that with early mornings, it can cause a teenage girl some serious stress, and lots of it.
 
With the flitting thought of reconsidering getting some more, simple friends to hang around with, she turned to head over to the office to pick up her new gym uniform so she could put it in her locker.
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Second Period; AP Botany: 3-101--
 
As the last second of the late bell rung Kagome slipped into the classroom safe, a grin of satisfaction on her face when she realized she made it just in time.
 
As she strode through her classroom she noticed something that made her shoulder's sag in disappointment; her teacher wasn't even in the room!
 
Only Kikyo, who was reading a book, Miroku, who was staring at nothing, completely bored out of his mind, and she currently occupied the room at the moment.
 
Now how in the hell is she supposed to enjoy her feat if she wouldn't have even gotten in trouble in the first place?!
Kagome looked around the room, and a devious smirk made itself known. “Hey… where's sensei?” she inquired curiously
Kikyo shrugged at her, not bothering to take her eyes off the piece of literature in front of her.
Miroku answered her though. “Oh, I saw her down the hall stopping a fight or something before I came in.”
She looked at Miroku thoughtfully. “Really hmm? How long do ya think that would take?”
Miroku furrowed his eyebrows. “Uhmm probably five minutes at the least.”
Kagome smirked. “Good... that's enough time.”
Kikyo looked up at her, wary, and tensed at the smirk. Miroku looked at her confusedly.
They watched as Kagome jumped off the desk and jogged over to the door. She opened it and stuck her head out, checking if the hall was clear. Deciding it so, she concentrated her power and whispered a word. She waved her hand over at the door sign, making the numbers waver and change from 3-101 to 3-103.
She slipped back in with a contented chesire grin on her face, and walked over to her desk, dropping her back pack down and plopping in her seat. She leaned back and slid down to a more comfortable position, and fished out her ipod and started to wait for the show to begin.
Kikyo and Miroku stared at her as if she had two heads, before they shared a look. Thinking about it, Kikyo shook her head. “I don't even want to know…” and she returned back to her trusty ol' book. At least she could trust it not to play any pranks.
Miroku raised an amused eyebrow before he shrugged. No use in thinking about it… he'd find out soon enough anyway.
--
`bang!'
The sound of a door roughly slamming open made the three teens jump in their seats, and Kagome scrambled to sit up and shove her ipod in her pocket. Kikyo quickly marked her place in the book before she slipped it in her bag. Miroku just straightened in his seat, and they all turned to the person standing in the doorway staring at them.
Correction, the person who stood there huffing angrily, glaring at them.
They shivered as the room temperature went down considerably.
The person by the door, their sensei-Midoriko-, stalked into the room calmly as she gently closed the door behind her. Her sapphire eyes were flashing with quiet fury as she stared them down; a spark of satisfaction entered them as she saw them wince once her gaze landed on them… all except one.
Once her gaze landed on Kagome, the teenage girl just stared back as calm as the woman before her. The woman's eyes narrowed when realization sparked in her eyes. “You…” she gritted out.
Kagome just lifted a thin eyebrow at her aunt. “Me?”
Kikyo groaned quietly… she knew this wasn't going to end well.
Miroku looked on like attentively, looking like a little boy who just got a giant chocolate fudge ice cream.
“Yes you!” Midoriko snapped causing Kagome to narrow her eyes, going on the defensive.
“What's got your knickers in a twist, Midoriko-sensei?” Kagome asked innocently
Midoriko's eye ticked. “Ohh I don't know, maybe the fact that I wasted the last five minutes looking for this classroom only to realize a certain someone cast up an illusion over the room sign!” her tone was sarcastic.
Kagome didn't respond, just resorting to staring at her quietly with no expression.
Midoriko stalked up to her niece and towered over her in an intimidating stance. She waited for Kagome to break, make a move, wince, something but she didn't. She stared back calmly and waited. Her eyes softened considerably when familiarity struck a chord in her heart. `Just like her father…'
Midoriko watched as Kagome's eyes followed the hand she was rising, and tensed as if Kagome thought her aunt was going to strike her. She quickly brought her hand down and she heard the quick intakes of breathe from her other students.
Once her hand was just about to hit Kagome's face she stopped short, reached back, and instead slapped the back of her head, not too hard but not too soft; just like she used to do to her brother when they were younger…
She laughed softly at her niece's expression.
“Itaee!!” Kagome yelped as she gently touched the back of her head. It didn't hurt, but still! “Oi! What was that for!!” she demanded loudly.
Midoriko cocked an eyebrow at her, her face saying `you know what that was for…' “Really?”
Kagome pouted. “B-but that's child abuse!!” she whined.
 
Midoriko rolled her eyes. “You're eighteen… you're not a child… even if you do act like one…” she muttered the last part quietly.
 
It didn't matter, Kikyo and Miroku still heard and they snickered lightly… their teacher got it right on the dot.
 
Kagome `hmph'd and crossed her arms. “So mean…” she mumbled to herself.
 
Midoriko laughed joyously and shook her head. “Okay, okay now. Enough of this foolishness.”
 
”But you like this `foolishness'… you think it's fun!” Miroku piped up.
 
Midoriko smiled at him and nodded softly. “Yes, I do… but we're wasting valuable class time. This is not recess.”
 
Kagome interrupted her. “That brings up the question; Why is it that only the elementary school get recess but junior high and high school don't?! I find that unfair!” Her face was twisted in thought.
 
Kikyo answered her softly. “Because they're just small children… they need the breaks from learning and since we are older we can handle the stress and we have high attention spans.”
 
Midoriko nodded, agreeing with her. Miroku nodded soon after, seeing her point.
 
Kagome however waved it off. “Pish posh, so what? Doesn't mean we shouldn't get some breaks from learning too. Don't adults get breaks from work? Why shouldn't we get a break from seven hours of torturous learning.”
 
Kikyo and Miroku blinked… they didn't think about it that way.
 
Midoriko sighed exasperatedly. “Yes, you guys are poor victims of the horrendous, unmerciful school system and should rally against the school board. Until then though, we need to review specific herbs and their uses. Save this for another time or get debate next time if you want to argue opinions.”
 
Kagome's eyes lit up and opened her mouth.
 
Midoriko cut her off quickly. “I was just kidding about the rally part.”
 
Kagome's mouth clicked shut and her figure slumped. “Darn…”
 
Shaking her head, Midoriko went over to her desk and prepared for the class, explaining the uses of specific herbs. “Ginger, a root, can be made into a painkilling slave if mixed with the right ingredients and…”
 
--
 
Class went by fast as they reviewed the healing abilities of herbs and they started to leave the room when the bell rang.
 
Before Kagome disappeared from the doorway Midoriko called out. “Oh! Kagome-chan!”
 
Kagome spun around with a questioning look directed to her aunt.
 
Her aunt smiled innocently and angelically. “Try that little stunt again like this morning and you're going to be thrown in some fun activities that I know that you will enjoy to the fullest.”
 
Kagome froze at the threat. Despite the cheery attitude her aunt put up she knew her aunt's definition of `fun' was a lengthy torture she would be forced to endure no matter how much she protested. Crap
 
Her aunt's overly sweet voice cut into her thoughts. “Understand?”
 
Kagome held back the shivers and nodded meekly. At a sudden urge to be defiant, she mock saluted. “Yes ma'm.”
 
Midoriko rolled her eyes playfully, playing along. “At ease soldier. Now get to class.” She shook her head as she watched her snickering niece exit the room, and she relaxed; her day will only get easier from now on seeing as she had her most stressing class over with.
 
She idly wondered how Kagome's teacher's fared with the little she-devil was in the class. Whispering something to herself, she went back to work.
 
“Sometimes Kagome… you're more like your father that you'd ever know…”
 
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Before Gym—
 
After leaving the music room, Kikyo and Kagome walked together to the lockers while Sango had to deal with a problem, namely a shifty Miroku who once again put his hands on something he shouldn't.
 
They offered to wait up for her but she declined, saying that she had to go to her locker anyways and would probably make them late.
 
So the two cousins walked in a comfortable silence to their class. Kikyo glanced over at Kagome. “Kagome?”
 
Her cousin turned to look at her questionably. “Hmm?”
 
“Did you remember to bring your gym uniform?”
 
Kagome blinked as realization flooded her widened eyes. “Kuso! It's still in my locker!” She bit her lip in concentration. “Uhmm, can you tell Touga-sensei that I'm getting my uniform in my locker? It won't take too long…” she trailed off uncertainly.
 
Kikyo waved her hand at her cousins concern and nodded her head. “Sure, I doubt he would mind, he's very lenient and you're still new here, he'll give you a break.
 
Kagome smiled gratefully at her. “Arigatou Kiki-chan!” she turned to leave, tossing a wave across her shoulder as she took off and rounded a corner.
 
Kikyo shook her head in amusement before resuming her way to class.
 
--
 
Kagome jogged through the halls steadily, turning at corners and such, the thumping of her feet echoing in the halls.
 
By now no one was in the halls at the time, abandoned by the students who were in their classes by now.
 
She slowed down suddenly, not recognizing her surroundings. Her eyebrows drew together in concentration as she tried figuring out where the hell she was in this big ass maze-like school.
 
She gaped when she spotted a nearby door sign nailed to the wall. 12-101.
 
She was supposed to be in building 2000, not 12000. Building 12000 was on the other side of the school; her locker was in building 2000, the building which was next to 3000 where the gym was located.
 
So how the hell did she wind up all the way nine buildings over?! She woulda thought she noticed something after the first few buildings…
 
She cursed… she knew she should have paid more attention in this damn school... she must have made a wrong turn in the main hall…
 
Mumbling even more curses she pulled out a map from her pocket, mentally smacking herself, and wasted even some more time as she again tried making her way to her locker.
 
Once she reached her locker and extracted the regular gym uniform consisting of a loose-fitting cotton gray shirt and blue cotton shorts that ended mid-thigh, she closed up her locker before turning back and heading over back to her class; she would change in the locker rooms.
 
While she walked she dived into her thoughts, daydreaming about the most random things ever that she only focused on them for a few seconds. -Monkeys… I wonder how it would be like to be them… picking out your friends'fleas and scratching yourbutt without a care in the world… and the bananas… mhmm
 
As she turned the corner her gym clothes slipped from her grasp and the next thing she saw was black as she stumbled back from an unknown force and fell to the ground in a heap of tangled limbs.
 
A red eyed, black haired teen boy stood over her with a smug smirk fixed on his face as he let his hand unclench and drop from its mid-air position.
 
His smirk grew as he stepped towards Kagome and he dragged her up, tossing the girl over his shoulder roughly. A sadistic gleam flashed in his eyes as a pained moaned slipped from her lips and he started to make his way down the hall.
 
Stopping in front of a door, the boy glanced around to make sure no one was near. Pleased when he found nothing he twisted the handle and pushed his way in, a dark, maniacal chuckle spilling from his throat all the while
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
-Girl's Locker Room—
 
By now ten minutes had past since Kagome went off to grab her uniform and Kikyo was fidgeting in her uneasiness.
 
Kagome should have arrived already five minutes ago, and even that was pushing it.
 
It should only take a few minutes to go to her lockers and back to the gym, and Kikyo knew that Kagome wouldn't have stopped to change in the restrooms either; she had to come to the locker room anyways to stash her gym clothes so she wouldn't forget them next time.
 
So what the heck was taking her so long?!
 
“She isn't back yet?” a confused voice broke Kikyo out of her ranting thoughts.
 
Kikyo's head snapped to the voice, body tense, before she relaxed when she saw Sango's head sticking out of the doorway. She rose and made her way over.
 
Locking worried gray eyes with her friend, Kikyo shook her head. “No, it's been ten minutes and still nothing.”
 
Her concern surprised Sango and she brushed the situation off. “Ahh why so worried? This is a school, not an alley way.” This still didn't calm Kikyo's worries. Sango rolled her eyes and continued. “She's probably taking her time… `sides, the worst thing that could happen is that she got into a fight or something.”
 
Kikyo turned hardened eyes at Sango. “And that is what I'm afraid of…” her voice was sharp as she brushed past Sango stiffly and made her way into the gym, Sango's wide honey brown eyes trailing after her.
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
--Gymnasium—
 
AS soon as Touga saw a cold Kikyo stalking her way into the gym he raised an elegant eyebrow at her. He had an inkling of what was wrong. “Still no sign of her?”
 
If the cold aura surrounding her wasn't any indication, the sour look that crossed her face when she registered the question sure was.
 
Touga sighed. “Gomen, it was a stupid question to ask.” He remedied.
 
Kikyo peered up at him and her figure sagged, the coldness dissipating from her aura. “No, it should be me who should apologize. I shouldn't be taking my frustration out on others. Poor Sango-chan is probably going crazy wondering what she did wrong to make me snap at her…” she trailed off sadly.
 
Touga made a sound of understanding, and put a comforting arm over her shoulder, like a father would to a daughter. “No… you're worried for Kagome-chan like any good cousin should, do not be ashamed of that.”
 
Kikyo just shrugged and furrowed her eyebrows “Maybe…”
 
Touga sighed, and his eyes brightened. “I know just the thing!” he exclaimed jovially.
 
Kikyo raised an eyebrow at his sudden change of attitude.
 
He grinned at her, a twinkle in his eye before he called out. “Sesshomaru! Inuyasha!” He turned back to her, his grin growing. “I'll get Inuyasha-kun to come and cheer you up. And if that doesn't make you happy, me sending Sesshomaru-kun to go looking for Kagome-chan sure will.
 
Kikyo's eyes widened in surprise, before they went back to their normal size and she smiled gratefully at the senior Takishi. “Arigatou Touga-kun.”
 
Touga's grin grew wider and he gave her shoulders a comforting squeeze.
 
Soon enough and coming from separate directions, the Takishi brother arrived, dressed in their gym uniforms. Miroku and Sango followed after them.
 
Sesshomaru looked at his father indifferently. “Yes?” he stated in a void tone.
 
Touga rolled his eyes at his son, before he became a little more serious. “Kagome-chan is missing.” He stated bluntly. No reason to beat around the bush.
 
Sesshomaru blinked.
 
Inuyasha blinked too, but also gaped. “What?!” he exclaimed surprised, pinning Kikyo with a scrutinizing stare.
 
Miroku narrowed his eyes and Sango also eyed Kikyo warily.
 
Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes. “What do you mean?”
 
Kikyo explained. “She forgot her gym uniform in her locker so she went back to get it.” She said in a worried tone.
 
Inuyasha scratched the back of his head. “So? What's so bad `bout that?” He was confused.
 
Kikyo frowned. “That was fifteen minutes ago… I'm worried for her…” she said despondently, looking to the ground.
 
Seeing his girlfriend like that pulled the strings at Inuyasha's heart. He quickly went to her side and gently pulled Kikyo out of his father's grasp and into his own embrace, Kikyo willingly switching places.
 
Sesshomaru furrowed his eyebrows and turned to his father. “So you called us here to go looking for her?”
 
Inuyasha's head looked up at his half-brother's question.
 
Touga nodded. “Yes… and no…” At the puzzled and annoyed looks of his sons' he continued, giving Sesshomaru a pointed look. “You, Sesshomaru, will look for our dear Kagome-chan…” he looked over at his youngest son. “You will stay with Kikyo-chan and make sure she stays calm.”
 
At her name, Kikyo picked up her head from its position against Inuyasha's chest, and she looked at Sesshomaru. “I just have a bad feeling that she's going to get herself in trouble somehow… whether it is on purpose or accident…” she trailed off uncertainly.
 
Sesshomaru gave her a firm nod. “No worries, I'll find her and bring her back. Simple. Most likely she just got herself lost.” He assured her... I mean, what else could have happened with a girl as clumsy and unobservant as her?
 
Kikyo tossed him a small smile.
 
Giving a curt nod to his father he went to leave, making his way to the exit. “I shall be back.”
 
As he was leaving, Sango looked around and spoke. “Ano… isn't Naraku supposed to be in gym this period too?” she randomly wondered out loud.
 
Sesshomaru stopped short and whipped around to share a look with Inuyasha, Kikyo, Miroku, and Sango. Sesshomaru growled lowly.
 
Miroku, his eyes narrowed even more, made a split decision. “I'll come with you.”
 
Sesshomaru's hardened eyes tailed over to the monk, before nodding curtly and turning back to continue his stride; his pace quickening with every step he took as Miroku followed after him with a blank face.
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
His eyes narrowed coldly as he felt another person's aura by the hall Kagome's locker was located. He slowed in his step and covered his own as he snuck over to the corner, giving Miroku a silent look to do the same thing; he nodded and shielded his own pure aura.
 
With their backs to the wall, Sesshomaru's icy gold and Miroku's strangely hardened violet eyes peered around the corner and a growl almost escaped both of the boys' throats.
 
Naraku was walking away from them, with a certain blue-eyed miko sagging over his shoulder. They watched as the dark hanyou made his way to a nearby closet door, and Sesshomaru suddenly stepped back when Naraku stopped to look around, pulled Miroku back with him by the arm.
 
Deciding five seconds was a sufficient amount of time to wait; Sesshomaru peered around the corner again to see them gone.
 
Making his move Sesshomaru jerked his head slightly to signal Miroku to follow. He swiftly strode over to the closet door but stopped short when he felt a surge of miko-ki, Miroku almost crashing into him.
 
Sesshomaru furrowed his eyebrows curiously when a bright blue and white light escaped from the gaps of the door.
 
The both of the boys' eyebrows shot up when the door was blasted off the hinges and into the hall, crashing against the wall on the opposite; a certain spider hanyou soon following in its path.
 
An approaching aura filled with fury and disgust warned Sesshomaru and Miroku of another person entering the hall. Their heads swiveled to see the owner of the aura and Sesshomaru almost took a step back at the scene she made.
 
Kagome stood there, eyes hard and sharp, glinting with abhorrence for her enemy. Her aura whipped around her form in blue and white tendrils, her hair flying around as her aura created a windy environment around her figure.
 
The state of her clothes made Sesshomaru furious and Miroku disgusted as they realized just why Kagome was so angry. Her shirt was ripped open, the buttons missing, revealing Kagome in a gray, skin tight tank top that was also ripped slightly at the breast area.
 
Said clothes rippled in the force, revealing her curvy form from under the oversized fabric.
 
Her aura was seeping out of her concealment spell, making her aura more powerful than she let it known, but most of it was still suppressed. A little less than half could be sensed.
 
Deciding that Kagome could obviously handle this herself, Sesshomaru kept back, and told Miroku to do the same. “It would be best if we did not interfere unless required… Kagome can take care of this herself.”
 
Miroku lifted a curious eyebrow at him but shrugged nonetheless. Kagome should be allowed to have her fun…
 
Naraku sprung up and stared at Kagome incredulously. His eyes quickly narrowed and he let out a feral snarl. “You bitch!”
 
Kagome just smirked. “Thank you.” She piped up mockingly. Her eyes glinted sadistically. “Let me show you just how thankful I really am…” She cracked her knuckles.
 
Naraku just ignored her and tossed a demented smirk her way. “I bet you are grateful for what I did. I bet you liked it, the way I straddled you and then ripp-“ He was cut off by being backhanded by none other than Kagome and he flew down to the end of the hall and collided against the lockers.
 
Kagome stood silently where Naraku used to be, her hand still up in the air, never shifting from its position of smacking Naraku. Her head was down, her bangs covering her eyes.
 
A little dazed, Naraku struggled to get up, and growled at Kagome for her insolence.
 
Hearing the growl Kagome raised her head and turned slowly to face Naraku and raised her head, revealing her eyes glowing an unnatural color, a neon blue.
 
Naraku stopped his growling as soon as he saw the ethereal eyes, and he stiffened.
 
Kagome sneered at him. “Piss off monkey fucker. She bit out sharply.
 
Narrowing his eyes, Naraku let out a small roar and charged at her, bringing back his fist as he got closer. As soon as he reached her he swung at her.
 
Kagome ducked and swiftly dealt a punch to his gut, making him stumble.
 
Shaking off the pain, he dove in again, but this time swung a foot at her
 
Kagome threw a fist at his cheek, but was slow and Naraku caught her wrist, and twisted hard.
 
Clenching her jaw she ignored the pain Kagome swiped her other forearm at him, and clobbered him against the side of his head. Naraku's head whipped to the side, droplets of blood escaping his mouth, and his grip on her wrist loosened.
 
Kagome yanked her wrist out from his grasp and jumped back, putting distance between them as she took some much needed breathes of air.
 
Though he was doing the same thing, Naraku spoke in a cocky tone as he smugly wiped off the dribbling blood from his chin. “Awwh tired already?” he mocked her.
 
It didn't make her mad. Instead she just cocked an eyebrow at him. “Why so cocky she-man? I'm not the one who's bleeding…” she smirked.
 
Naraku lost his cocky stance. “We'll see about that!” he yelled at her. Tentacles emerged from under his shirt and they soared towards Kagome.
 
The person on topic's eyes widened slightly and her hand flew to her wrist and she grabbed her chisakatanas charm before flipping back two times to further escape the oncoming tentacles. Charging her miko-ki into the charm a bright light exploded from her hands, causing Naraku to pause momentarily.
 
Once the light disappeared Kagome could be seen in a defensive stance, holding up her two swords, and Naraku's tentacle continued their task.
 
When the tentacles reached her they tried grabbing at her, but Kagome was too quick. One after another she sliced off parts of the tentacles before they could touch her.
 
Her luck ran short as a tentacle brushed against the side of her waist, scratching her moderately.
 
She flinched at the injury, and nearly faltered, but pulled through. She kept on dodging and slicing mildly successfully, the tentacles only gaining scratches on her.
 
Until one snuck up in her blind spot and cut deeply against her thigh.
 
Kagome winced and this time she lost her step, giving Naraku the chance he needed.
 
Tentacles slapped against her hands roughly, knocking the swords out of her possession before wrapping around her form and lifting her upward.
 
Dark chuckling echoed through hall, and Kagome was carried closer to Naraku himself in a heartbeat.
 
It was at this time Sesshomaru went to step in, and Miroku followed him, and they would have attacked the spider hanyou too, if it wasn't for the fact once they took one step a dark purple barrier barricaded them from their goal.
 
Naraku only glanced at them victoriously before turning back to Kagome.
 
Not good.
 
Sesshomaru's eyes flashed red and attacked the barrier with his claws.
 
It did no good.
 
He turned to Miroku. “Can you break this?” he demanded shortly.
 
Miroku's eyes narrowed at the barrier as he studied it. “Let me try.” He stepped forward, and tried wrapping his rei-ki around the barrier, and tried to over power it, but no luck. He sighed and shook his head. “No use…”
 
Sesshomaru growled in response and turned back to watch, it was the only thing they could do at the moment. He hoped Kagome could get herself out of this… if only he brought his damn swords…
 
Meanwhile, Naraku smirked gleefully at Kagome, watching with sick humor as she struggled violently against her binds, all the while glaring coldly at him. Kagome sucked in a wild breath as he tightened the tentacles hold on her, and waited on baited breathe as the spider hanyou leaned in, malicious red eyes on her still blue glowing eyes, before he whispered in her ear.
 
“Hello my little miko…” he said lowly before leaning back slightly and dragging a slimy, wet, rough appendage against her cheek that Kagome could only guess to be his tongue.
 
It made her recoil in disgust.
 
An impressive snarl ripped out of Kagome's throat and her miko-ki flooded out from her very own skin and wrapped around Naraku, purifying him with excruciating pain. “You sick fucker!”
 
The tentacles wrapped around her dissipated from being purified, and Kagome dropped to the ground and flipped back, putting ten feet between her and the psycho. She watched as he was once again blasted back against the wall, causing an even larger dent in the lockers.
 
Dust flew in to the air and all that could be heard was deep breathing and the crumbling sounds of the wall and ceiling.
 
The purple barrier wavered slightly, before it faded away completely. As soon as it disappeared Sesshomaru and Miroku shot over to Kagome, stopping slightly behind her frozen figure out of caution.
 
As the dust settled, Kagome was still frozen; staring at the same spot where she blasted Naraku to, but something was missing.
 
Naraku was no where in sight.
 
The glow faded from Kagome's eyes and they widened to horrified dinner plates. “Oh fucking hell! I killed him!” Her head whipped to Sesshomaru who had slightly wide eyes too.
 
They stared at each other silently for a moment before Miroku looked back to where Naraku last stood, and his eyes narrowed threateningly. He stalked over there and crouched, gingerly picking out something from the piles of debris littering the whole hall.
 
Soon he looked up at Kagome a relieved glint in his eyes.
 
Kagome was still looking terrified to the core… she was worried about expulsion and of course the fact she killed someone.
 
Miroku grabbed Sesshomaru's attention, and he held up the item, shaking his head.
 
Sesshomaru sighed in relief and nodded, be he briskly strode over to the frozen, a put a gentle hand on her shoulder. “Do not worry Kagome… it wasn't him.” Kagome looked at him lost.
 
From behind her, Miroku explained. “It was a puppet… you didn't really kill him.” He showed her his proof.
 
A puppeteer stick with undoubtedly what was Naraku's long gnarly hair wrapped around it.
 
Kagome blinked owlishly, before realization flooded in her eyes as she comprehended what he was saying. “Oh…” Slowly a stupid grin spread out on her face. “That was awesome then!!” she punched the air.
 
Kagome turned back to Sesshomaru who was shaking his head at her, the grin still there, and she glomped him. “Thank Kami….” She whispered gratefully.
 
Sesshomaru froze at the contact… She was hugging him…
 
Meanwhile his beast was yelling at him. (You freaking idiotic prude! Don't just stand there!! Hug her back!)
 
Sesshomaru slowly did what his beast told him, wrapping his arms around her softly, holding her gently. He liked this feeling he decided.
 
Miroku smirked slyly and shook his head at the two, before he stared with narrowed eyes at the puppeteer stick. Was it really a Naraku puppet the whole time?
 
In the three's stupor they didn't hear the oncoming footsteps, or the wild gasps but they certainly heard what came next…
 
“Kagome!” the principle said sharply as he looked on at the three, mostly Kagome and Sesshomaru, sternly.
 
Hearing the principle was like a slap to the face and they all looked up, confused, as if they were lost and out of it for a moment.
 
It only took a second for it to click in their minds and Kagome and Sesshomaru jumped back.
 
Miroku, who thought he did nothing wrong, just stood there in shock. Damaged halls, a scratched up Kagome, a ripped off closet door, severely damaged lockers, and principle was here to see them standing around at the scene of the crime… they were screwed.
 
Behind the principle was pretty much everyone they knew. Midoriko, Touga, and Izayoi stood there with critical, amused and concerned wide eyes. Inuyasha, Kikyo, Sango, and Onigumo gaped at them, blinking their eyes owlishly.
 
They just couldn't believe the damage. How could- how could a teenage girl just total a hallway like this...?
The principle twitched, he was wondering the exact same thing. He looked straight into the trouble maker's wide eyes. “My office, now.” He commanded, before turning on his heel and leaving.
 
Kagome `eep'ed and even though he couldn't see she still nodded meekly. Her Okaa was going to be so mad… usually she just fought with other students, a few fists thrown here and there, not leave the school property the remains of a destruction zone.
 
This was totally gonna suck…
 
--
 
--Principle's Office—
 
The principle stared at Kagome with a blank face, studying her, and Kagome just sat stiffly in the chair in front of the desk.
 
She couldn't wait to get this over with.
 
Under the intense stare from her uncle, Kagome fidgeted nervously, why wouldn't he say something?! The silence was killing her!!
 
After she explained what happened he didn't utter one word, didn't make even the tiniest sound! Just sat there looking at her!! It was unnerving!!
 
Kagome bit her lip. Ok, she had to end this! “Uhmm…” she started out weakly, furrowing her eyebrows. “So… what now…?” she trailed off, looking away.
 
The sound of someone clearing their throat made her look up at her uncle. He smiled apologetically at her.
 
“…I'm sorry Kagome, but as the principle of this school I have to suspend students should they fight like you did. But good news is, because fighting is taken lightly here, unlike being suspended for ten days similar to your previous school, you will be only suspended for two days…”
 
Kagome sputtered. “But-but I thought I couldn't get in trouble for fighting here!
 
Her uncle raised an eyebrow at her, just a second ago she looked like a scared little kid that was getting her punishment. He chuckled. No, you just won't get kicked out, and besides, if you just fought without destroying school property you'd be off the hook. But you ripped a closet door off the hinges, taking the frame and concrete around it and battered up the one of the halls with your miko-ki.” He gave her a reprimanding stare.
 
Kagome stared at him dumbly. “So, basically you're just suspending me for blowing off the closet door and damaging the halls?”
 
His eyes glittered with mirth and he smirked wryly. “We have to have some kind of restrictions around here.
 
Kagome promptly rolled her eyes. “This school is messed up…” she muttered quietly.
 
Her uncle only laughed heartily in reply.
 
--
 
When Kagome gloomily exited the principle's office, a group of people were in there waiting for her.
 
The first thing she noticed was that Touga was grinning toothily at her. “So Kagome,” he started out cheekily. “I heard you were banging up the halls today?” Now, when he said it, he made it sound so different… so dirty.
 
He waggled his eyebrows at her, continuing. “Now I know I've only known you for a week, but I at least thought you were more modest about things such as those.” He chuckled at her red face.
 
Kikyo rolled her eyes at Touga, snickering slightly just like the rest of them. Izayoi slapped her mates arm lightly, trying to contain her giggles.
 
Kikyo sobered quickly though and pinned Kagome with a serious and angry stare. Kagome almost shivered. “I already heard about your run in with Naraku… how did it happen? Tell me from the beginning.”
 
Kagome bit her lip, looking sheepish. Well first off after I left, I went to my locker obviously… but I kinda got lost on the way…
 
They sweatdropped.
 
But then I remembered I carry a map of the school just in case so I was able to find my locker. After I got my gym uniform I started to head back to the gym and when I turned the corner the son of a donkey sucker punched me in the gut and I blacked out momentarily. Next thing I knew I was being carried somewhere.
 
Flashback
 
­--Kami my stomach…--Kagome mentally moaned painfully as her eyes fluttered open... It didn't help that she was bouncing around, something bony digging into the exact spot some bastard hit her in. Speaking of the bastard -I'm going to castrate him…-- Kagome thought murderously.
 
Already figuring out she was being carried, she refrained more speaking or moving… no point in giving up the element of surprise.
 
Instead she tried figuring out who in the hell socked her in the gut.
 
Obviously it was a guy, the broadness of the shoulder she was draped over and the masculine and also sickening smell coming from whoever was carrying her told her that.
 
And by the way her senses were tingling warningly the person was also demon with ill intent… but she couldn't tell anymore that that unless she wanted to reveal that she was awake.
 
With the guy touching her he would definitely feel the minute spark her miko-ki would cause if she tried searching his aura more advanced.
 
Already she had a good idea who it was, there were only a few people in this school that seriously hated her this much that they would try a stunt like this… but you never know what other kind of crazy wacks resided in this `prestigioushigh school'
 
As she looked down she found her answer, and it made her want to cringe away and flee. She discovered that another person's hair was mingledin with her own blue-black locks, andshe just couldn't wait to shower.
 
Only one person had long, dark, greasyhair; and she had to overcome the urge to recoil and puke.
 
Naraku…
 
Yep, she definitelycouldn't wait for that shower…
 
The fact that the bouncing stopped jolted her out of her thoughts and she instead focused at the task at hand.
 
The hairs on the back of her neck prickled at the sound of a door creaking as it was being opened- the freakin' weirdo was dragging her into some room to be alone.
 
As the door closed she was soon dropped to the ground unceremoniously, the impact causing her mind to unfocus.
 
Narakuwasted no time to start onto thenext stepof his little schemeas he climbed on top of her and ripped open her uniform, the plinking sounds of the buttons scattering among the ground entered her ears.
 
This shockedher mind into action and her eye shot open to see Naraku focused on her torso and sigh impatiently at the fact she was wearing a gray tank.
 
The second Naraku gripped the top of her tank and started ripping something in Kagome snapped and her aura rushed out in a brutal force and blasted Naraku and the door out of the closet.
 
Kagome jumped up and stalked out into the doorway, her eyes glowing an unnatural color.
 
End of Flashback
 
“And you already know the rest…” Kagome trailed off nervously… they were all staring at her like she had grown two opera singing heads whose hair was dyed bright green. Her eye ticked. “What!? You don't believe me?!” she demanded hotly.
 
Kikyo was the one who responded, and uncharacteristically with a snort. She crossed her arms. “No, just the fact that we can't believe that we actually do believe you.”
 
Kagome pouted. “Well, you don't have ta be so mean `bout it Kiki-chan…”
 
Kikyo just smiled sweetly at her.
 
Sango rolled her eyes. “So what's your punishment?” Her tone was curious.
 
Kagome blinked, and she rubbed her neck nervously. “Oh just two days suspension…” A thoughtful look crossed her face. “That's actually the shortest I've ever been suspended… used to be four days when I cussed out this lady and pushed her when she was in my way and wouldn't let me leave…” she trailed off at the strange looks she was sent
 
“…I didn't know it was a superintendent! She just got in my way and said something rude so I just retaliated!” Kagome defended herself rather weakly.
 
The strange looks directed her way didn't falter… in fact they got even stranger.
 
Her pout returned, and she muttered about how everyone was against her.
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
7,983 Words
 
Word of gratitude along with credit goes to Rhianna224 for the `the paper's in Sesshomaru's pocket' line. Thank you for the suggestion!!
 
Okay sooo that's another hectic day at school. Nothing real significant there I guess…
 
That's all I guess… the only thing I have to say now is… REVIEW PLEASE!!
 
Reviews are loved and are the thing that keeps me writing, constructive criticism is ALWAYS welcomed… but no flames please! UNLESS they have something that's actually worth reading, asides from insults and character bashing and crap like that!
 
Take Care!
 
RainLily
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--Review Replies—
sessyalltheway- Hahah awhh thanks!! I love reading your reviews!! They always make me laugh and happy!! XD You are just way tooo sweet!! I'm sincerely glad the drawings could help!! Actually, all I knew was that ebony was real… everything else I just made up on the spot cause it sound cool! XP Hehehh LMFAO!! Same here!! If Onigumo was real I'd be sooo smitten!! Hehe. Omg I'm really glad you don't mind the spending seven chapters on one day thing.. I'd thought people would get bored or be like `get on with it already!' or something. It's a big relief to know it's really not. Thank you so much for the reviews!! XD
anime4mealways- XD It's so wonderful to hear that!! Trust me!! And if I ever do need some help on this I'll be sure to ask.. my only problem really is I don't have enough time to split between all of my other stories and daily crap going on that chapters don't get finished for a while lol. But oh! I got this chappy up in just over a little more than a month!! I was soo happy that I was actually able to do so!! XP Hehehh. Thank you so much for reviewing!!
Volleygirl07- !!^^!! Lol . Omg! I just remembered!! I didn't remember to mention Meitori in this chappy!! `slaps forehead' Wow I can't believe I did that lol. Well, she's definitely going to be in the next chappy, that's for sure!! XD Thanks for the review!!