InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A New Beginning ❯ Ch 14 ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

_______________________________________________________________ _________

A New Beginning

By: The Queen of Randomness

_______________________________________________________________ _________

(Kagome and Chris)

Chris's eyes widened, showing his complete surprise. After a moment, he dropped Endoha to the ground, signifying his defeat. Kagome pulled her katana's away from Chris's neck, and slowly backed away.

Chris looked around; noticing that the blue colored shield he had placed over their battle ground earlier had deteriorated into nothingness. The trees in the immediate area were now only charred stumps, and the healthy green grass was in flames. `That was one of the strongest shields I had ever put up, and yet Kagome tore it down in one attack.' he thought in awe. He looked down at his feet, and noticed that he was now about a foot out of the white circle battle arena. `So I was the one to be ringed out.' he though with a faint smirk on his lips. He looked over at Kagome. She was standing straight, with her katana's at her sides, her eyes followed his every move. "I win," she stated merrily, but tiredly before turning away from him.

She whipped his blood from the katana's blades on now bare forest floor before sticking them into the ground. Blood stained her once blue fighting clothes and flowed down her pail porcelain arm to her fingertips in little trickles of red rivers, and then dripped to the ground. The red drops began to form a puddle around her feet. Her breathing was ragged. `I used too much power, I'm not going to heal from this too quickly' she sighed before falling to her knees, and then to the ground in an undignified heap. (Also most like Face faulting)

Chris wasn't much better off. His shirt was slashed from Kagome's attack and now hung from his belt around his waist. The X slash on his tanned chest was bleeding immensely, but was already beginning to heal. The abdomen wound was bleeding uncontrollably. The blood flowed down his stomach, and stained his ragged shirt, and yet he was smiling.

He placed a hand on Kagome's uninjured shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze. "You're very daring to make that type of move Kagome. You used up a dangerous amount of your Ki energy, and wont be able to heal as quickly. But I can see that you are indeed ready to go back to the Feudal Era." said Chris. Kagome nodded at his words and began to stand. Bracing her hands on the ground and pushing upper body off the ground before getting into a sitting position, and finally semi-standing pose.

Chris chuckled merrily while watching her struggle. "So, the only thing holding you back from going to see your friends now is, are you ready to face the baka hanyu?" Kagome pulled her katana's out of the hard forest ground, sheathed them, stood, and turned around to face Chris. She smiled weakly and nodded, "But first I think I need a nap." Kagome said sleepily before falling forwards, into Chris's chest. He chuckled again before picking her up.

He walked out of the clearing, with Kagome carefully cradled in his arms. He angled his head up and grinned toward the clear blue sky, `If only you knew how much power you really have little Kagome. You must go back, to undo what has been done…and so that you can be happy once again.' He pulled her closer to his chest in a protective manner, "You must mend your broken heart little one, you're our last hope." He said out loud before running full speed towards the Hiragashi Sunset Shrine.

The once happy blue sky was turning a depressing gray, and storm clouds began to form overhead. And a strange wind began to pick up. The luscious green trees and bushes began to sway in the mysterious zephyr, and majestic voice could be heard whispering "Your our last hope little one" before fading into nothingness.