InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A New Moon ❯ A cure is found ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 3 : A cure is found

The night had been short. At 7 in the morning, Kagome's clock had gone off. She realized when she woke up that she had an exam but right now only one think counted … Inuyasha. She had to know if he was human or demon. Dreading the worst, she took a deep breath and turned around to look at where he was lying. To her great surprise she found the bed empty. He wasn't there.

-`I … Inuyasha ?' She asked while her room echoed Inuyasha's name. `Hum ! He must have left ! I better get dressed for school.'

Kagome got dressed in her usual green and white uniform and then decided to go downstairs to take her breakfast. When she entered her kitchen, she found her mother, brother and grand-father looking pretty amazed at someone sitting on a kitchen stool.

-`Big sister !!' Yelled Sota when he saw Kagome. `Inu-chan looks weird today !'

-`What's new ?' Answered Kagome. `He always looks weird.'

-`You what the same treatment has last night ?' Asked Inuyasha while stepping out of his corner. `And where do you think you're going so early in the morning ?'

-`Here we go again …to school' Said Kagome.'And you're not stopping me.

He was still human. His dark hair was hanging over his shoulders. He looked at her thru purple eyes. No claws and no sword, he was defenceless. How was he supposed to protect her ? Why did he always let his guards down when he was with her ?

-`Don't you dare give me the who-what-where-when-why inquisitory !' Said Kagome.

Her voice had interrupted his thoughts. He narrowed his eyes at her and then said:

-`And what am I supposed to do ? You know that I need you to help me !!'

-`Well listen, I'll make a deal with you O.K. ?'

-`What ?' He answered with a intriguing expression.

-`I'll go to school to do my exam, and then I'll come back right away. Deal ?' Asked Kagome.

- `Deal ! but don't hang around with that Hojo guy.' Said Inuyasha

-`What do you care anyway ?' Asked Kagome with a curious grin.

-`That's because he loves you big sister !!'Said Sota with a playful expression.

-`WHAT ?!? NO WAY !!' Yelled both Inuyasha and Kagome.

-`Are you nuts Sota ? stupid little brother of mine !' Said Kagome.'I am so going to kill you when I come back. Well better get going ! Bye ! See you later !!

And with that she rushed out of house and out into the family garden. Inuyasha followed her into the garden. Kagome walked up to the sacred tree and touched the darker part with her finger tips. That dark spot was where Inuyasha had laid 500 years ago, immobilized by kikyo's arrow. She kissed the tree slightly when she felt a presence behind her. She sprung around so fast that she actually caught Inuyasha off guard.

-`Do you always come here like that ?' Asked Inuyasha.

-`Sometimes … ` stated Kagome while starting to blush.

-`But why ?' Questioned Inuyasha

-`Because, when I'm lonely, I like to remind myself of my other life; in the past.' Answered Kagome

-`Ya … I do that to … except that I remind myself of my other life in the future … you.

What was this feeling that Kagome was starting to notice ? The more she looked at him, the more her heart pounded against her chest. While the cold November wind blew trough her hair, she didn't feel any cooler ... the only thing she could feel was heat ... Radiating from her body. She finally woke up from her trans and ported her gaze to the ground. Without even noticing it, they both had gotten closer one to an other while she was hypnotized by his eyes.

-`I better get going ... Inuyasha.' She mumbled almost incomprehensibly.

-`Sure. See you later.'

****************************

Kagome was now sitting at her desk in her classroom. She had gotten to school just a couple of minutes before the bell rang. She had then ran like devil at her pace and entered her class, panting like a maniac. She was now writing her math exam: `' Must concentrate on math … must concentrate on math … nothing must come between my exam and I …'' But she couldn't help but to think about a cure for Inuyasha … `' Wait a minute…'' she told herself. `' How about the Shikon jewel ? `'

-`YES !! BY GEORGE I'VE GOT IT !!!' Yelled Kagome trough the classroom.

-`Miss Higurashi …' Started her teacher, `I'm happy that you understood your math test but please keep your tone down.'

-`Hum … sorry … won't happen again.'

She then thought to herself, `' O.K. Kagome … no panicking … as soon as I finish my test … I'll have to go see Inuyasha … but I must concentrate on math first … C-O-N-C-E-N-T-R-A-T-E O-N M-A-T-H !!!!''

DING DONG DING DONG !

-`Students, please give me your copies, the bell has just rang. You may be dismissed.' Said the teacher.

Kagome rushed out of her classroom and started running down the corridor of the school, then trough the park, down the street, up the shine staircase and pushed open the door to find Inuyasha sitting at the table while playing cards with her brother and grandfather.

-`INUYASHA !!! `

-`Nani ?!? What's wrong Kagome ?'

-`I FOUND IT ! I FOUND THE CURE !! `

-`WHAT ? YOU DID ?!?' Yelled Inuyasha while throwing his cards up into the air.

-`YES ! IT'S … Why are we yelling anyway ? … It's the shikon jewel ! ` Said Kagome with a huge smile .

-`But … we don't have the whole jewel !' Answered Inuyasha with sudden sadden eyes.

-`Exactly ! That's why we have to go back to the feudal era !'

-`But … I won't be able to protect you … and I don't want the others to see me right now.' Said Inuyasha with a now serious face.

-`But you didn't mind showing your self to me right ? Why not ? ` Asked Kagome.

-`I already told you big sister !!! It's because Inu-chan loves you !!' Replied Sota

-SOTA !!! Will you stop that ? You don't even now what you're talking about ! Go play with your Lego and butt out of my conversation with Inuyasha !' Answered Kagome.

-`Oki-Doki !!!' Said Sota when exposing his cute baby teeth.

-`Sorry about that Inuyasha … what were you saying ?'

-`Hum … nothing … never mind.'

He didn't want to re-engage the conversation on why he didn't mind showing himself to Kagome while he was human. Actually, he didn't even now why. Maybe because she's the only one who doesn't laugh at him … never.

-`Come on ! Let's go to the well and try to go back to see Mamie Kaede.' Said Kagome while pulling him towards the door.

-`But … I …'

-`No `'but's'' Inuyasha, we have to go back. Are you with me or not ?' Asked Kagome while pushing open the old well's door.

-`Yeah but …'

-`AAAARGH !!! The well is sunken into the snow !!!' Yelled Kagome as she got hit by a huge pile of snow.

-`That's what I was trying to tell you but you just wouldn't listen.' Said Inuyasha while looking at her with an exasperated expression.

Author's note:

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry for the huge delay between part 2 and 3 …. Please don't be mad …. From now on it should be flowing more easily …. As a special … just for you guys, I'm also putting up chapter 4 today (or more like tonight cuz it's currently 8:00 PM) Anyway, thank you for being so faithful .

I hope this delay won't make you not want to read the rest of my story. But don't worry for you sceptics out there … the action really starts in chapter 4 and up.

So have fun reading and please send me some reviews !!!!!!!

Inuyashley

P.S. : PLEASE … DO NOT TAKE MY WORK AND MARK IT AS YOUR OWN.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE