InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Night Spent Together ❯ Howleen ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN INU YASHA OR ANY OF THE CHARACTERS


INTRO:
Kouga paced around his chambers. He desperately needed to find a way to spend time with his Kagome. He thought and he thought, trying to think of a way. All of a sudden it was as if a light bulb went off in his mind. He had it! He knew how he'd get to spend an afternoon with Kagome.

He remembered her talking about some "Howleen" thing. She was talking about candy, ghosts and werewolves. Kouga grinned remembering how fondly she had spoken about werewolves.

He decided to wait for her by that well she was always disappearing into. When she came through it, he would ask her if she was interested in spending an evening (and hopefully night) with a werewolf. They could tell ghost stories and eat this candy stuff he knew she'd have.

He knew it would work. It just had too!



Chapter 1.

Kagome was surprised to find herself daydreaming about a certain werewolf while in class. "ARGH! I should be thinking about math!" she grumbled underneith her breath. She couldn't shake the thoughts about Kouga though.

After school, she gathered her things and a little extra candy and jumped into the well.

"Kagome?" she head a quiet voice say.

"EEK! Who's there?!" she squeaked.

Kouga appeared from behind a nearby tree. "Hey Kagome. I was wondering if you wanted to spend the evening with me... ya know... for that Howleen thing you were talking about the other day."

Kagome giggled. "It's called Halloween, Kouga."

"Oh. Halloween," he repeated to himself. "So, do you want to? We could tell ghost stories and eat sweets."

Kagome giggled to herself 'He seems so shy right now,' she thought.

"Sure! I'd love to!" Kagome answered. "Let's get going before anyone realizes I'm here."

Kouga smiled. He knew that if anyone sensed their presences that he'd never be able to spend time with her withought a fight. Not that he minded fighting though.

He walked towards her. He was standing so close to her that her heart started racing. He smirked sensing the change and leaned forward.

Kagome gulped when she saw him lean forward. Just when she thought he was about to kiss her, he threw her backpack over his shoulder and picked her up bridal style. He took off in a swirl of wind, which caused Kagome to clutch his chest.

A short while later Kouga stopped. When the dust cleared, Kagome recognized the spot they were in as Kouga's den. She hadn't been back here since the time he kidnapped her. At the time it had creeped her out, but now she giggled at the memory. "Who would have ever thought I would get a crush on the man who kidnapped me," She thought with a smirk.

Kouga grabbed her hand, "Come on. We can go put your things in my chambers, and then get something to eat." Kagome just nodded and followed.

After setting her things down, they went to the common dining area.

"I had Ginta do some hunting while I was gone, in hope that you would be accompanying me this afternoon," Kouga admitted.

"That was nice," said Kagome.

Just then Ginta walked in with two rabbits and a small boar. He set them down on the table and Kouga grinned in delight. Just as he was about to tear into one of the rabbits, Kagome tapped him on the shoulder. He turned to her and saw a slightly disturbed look on her face.

"What's wrong, Kagome?" he asked.

"Um... are we going to eat them raw?" She asked, turning a little green at the thought.

"Yes, why? Is that not ok?" He asked, a little confused.

"I dont like raw meat. Is it ok if we cook mine?" She asked.

"Sure thing," Kouga answered. "Ginta. Have someone cook this for Kagome."

Ginta took the rabbit Kouga had almost thrown at him. "No problem. Anything for Sister Kagome." Ginta smiled and walked out of the room.

Kouga and Kagome sat in somewhat uncomfortable silence for a moment before Kagome spoke. "You dont have to wait for me, you know. You can go ahead and start eating."

"Nonsense," Kouga frowned. "It isnt polite to eat in front of a lady when she has no food."

"Oh," Kagome grinned sheepishly.

"So, what should we do tonight? You know more about Halloween than I do," Kouga asked, turning to Kagome.

"Well, once it gets dark, we could go sit in a dark spot in thr forest, light a small fire, and tell ghost stories," Kagome started.

"That sounds like fun," Kouga grinned at the thought of being alone in the dark with his Kagome. "What else?"

"I have some Halloween candy in my backpack. We could share some of it," She added just as Ginta walked back into the room.

"You're rabbit is ready Lady Kagome," Ginta reported and set the rabbit down.

"Thank you Ginta," She replied and accepted the rabbit.

The rest of dinner went along fairly quietly, as did the rest of the evening. The two merely talked the evening away. Getting to know each other better, and just enjoying each other's company. They were out walking when Kagome realized it was getting dark.

"Wow, has it been that long?" Kagome asked.

Kouga looked at her curiously before realizing what she was referring to. "I guess it has. I was enjoying myself so much talking with you that I didnt realize the time either. I suppose we should go back to my den to gather your things so we can go find a good spot for these ghost stories."

Kagome smiled at him. "I suppose you're right. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself because I am too."

Kouga's eyes seemed to light up with her words. "Maybe my dream of having Kagome as my mate is possible after all," he thought with a smile. Then he scooped Kagome up in his arms and ran towards his den.