InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A past Then my Present ❯ Secrets kept from Inu ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Thank you! Oh thank you! I can’t believe in just two days since my last update, I have a total of 64 reviews!
You guys are just so nice! I am happy that you guys like it, and I hope that you peeps will like this this next
chapter! Umm… I am not sure if english is my second language. I thought it was my first, but okay! (sorry
to sound stupid, really not awake right now) Any ways thanks to all who have reviewed! You all are such in
inspiration! Just for that I will try really, really hard to make this a longer chapter! Thank you! 666 bows
Thank you!
Chapter 12 A Secret Kept from Inu.
hmmm…what could that be???
Inuyasha could not believe that she had fainted. I didn’t think that I would get that big of a reaction. he thought. He pulled up to the front of the mansion, where two servants were waiting for him. Inuyasha pulled the car to a stop and jumped out. The maid of the two gave him a quizzed look as he opened the door to the passenger’s door and held Kagome bridal style. Inuyasha just shook his head and tipped his head to the car. The butler quickly went to the car getting in as Inuyasha , fainted Kagome and the maid walked up to the building. Inuyasha was still in his youkai form so that a lot of questions weren’t asked as they entered the elevator to the second floor of the house.
The second floor was entirely his, the extra rooms as well. “Please get me a wet towel and meet me back in the fourth bedroom chamber.” Inuyasha asked quietly. The maid was amazed at the gentle voice he had used but was smart enough to do what she was asked of her. Inuyasha continued his way down the hall and stopping at one, opened the door. It was a beautiful room, Inuyasha had designed it himself. The windows looked out on a lake and garden. A balcony made of marble gave access to the world full of the sky. Inuyasha didn’t care at the moment to really examine the rest of his work as he lay Kagome on the blue, silky bed.
He moved the hair out of her face and held her hand. The maid returned with a towel and a small silver bowl of cool water. Inuyasha thanked her to her surprise and was excused. Inuyasha put a bit of the towel into the bowl and ringed it. Making sure it didn’t drip, he bathed Kagome’s forehead with the water. She wasn’t pale, which concerned him, because most people did that when the freak out and faint, but not Kagome. As he removed the wet towel to wash it he saw her real tone color. It was pale, and with that came a scar that ran into her hair line. Inuyasha was scared, what had happened to Kagome?
He washed more of her skin, finding that her skin was very beautiful compared to the make up cover yet, it had a few, wait not a few, but many scars. It gave her character, enhancing her beauty in his opinion but yet it terrified him. He washed her arms praying to not see what was really there. Scars everywhere to her shoulders, to her neck, even to her small delicate fingers? How could he not have seen this? More importantly though, who did this to her and why? What would posses someone to do that to her? The thought of someone hurting her made the hanyous blood boil. Who dare touch his Kagome? Before he could get any angrier though, Kagome stirred. Inuyasha quickly transformed into his human form, his ears now black hiding in his night shading hair.
Kagome softly opened her eyes and the light was dim enough to allow her to see without pain. Where was she? Well where she was it was really comfy. Kagome looked around her surroundings. The room had a tinge to it, made her think of the wild sky. The room was a deathly dark blue, and the chest near the window was absolutely a gorgeous oak wood that was covered with a light blanket allowing some of it to show. She looked around and saw a desk and a t.v. with a stereo system that looked a bit expensive. Before she could look any more something moved catching her attention to her left hand. Someone was holding it. She followed it to its owner and found a very human looking Inuyasha.
“Inu-Inuyasha?” she asked a little frightened. All she could remember is turning to Inuyasha and finding a not -so -looking human type of being. Inuyasha smiled at hearing his name being said through her.
“Hey, ya feeling any better?” he smiled at her nod, then asked. “ do you faint at everyone’s house the first time?” Kagome laughed. It had only been her imagination playing with her. ( I know someone is going to try and kill me for this)
“Not all the time, just the good ones.” he laughed and helped her sit up. “So is this your room or just a guest room?” Kagome asked. Inuyasha sat himself at the end edge of the bed and looked at her.
“In a way. I use this room to think and stuff. Good for reading and such. I thought that if you decided to wake up, you might like it.” Kagome did like it. It was calming in a simple way. Kagome looked at Inuyasha who seemed to want in improvable comment on it. She sighed and swung her legs over the side of the bed and stood up. Her shoes she felt were gone and the floor was soft through her socks.
“I do like it, and it is pretty calming.” Inuyasha seemed to like the comment and stood to. Kagome stretched, closing her eyes. Inuyasha just laughed.
“You weren’t out that long you know.” he said. Kagome smiled and opened her eyes. She made to look about to say something but she stopped looking at her arms. They were her real color, the pearling color, with the scar markings showing off to her. Kagome quickly stopped her stretching, wrapped her arms around her middle and turned her back to Inuyasha. “Ka…gome?” he whispered. She didn’t answer for a moment. “Kagome, are you okay?” Kagome just sat down to her knees on the soft carpet.
“You shouldn’t see me like this Inuyasha.” she said so quietly that Inuyasha’s ears perked up to her the last syllables. Putting his ears down not to freak her out again, he got down on his knees and pulled Kagome into a tight brace, her back to his chest. Kagome could not look at him. She tried really hard not to cry, because she knew she cried to damn much, but it was way to difficult to keep the blocker there so one tear fell after another. Inuyasha smelt the tears and turned her around. Her eyes where so depressing it made him tear up at the sight of them. He brushed away her tear that found its was to her chin and looked into the depths of those heart breaking eyes and sighed.
Kagome tried to sit back, get away from the comfort but strong hands kept her there. She was ashamed, and looked down, keeping her eyes away from his questionable ones. She didn’t want him to see her body, her soul so battered like some weak helpless person. It was too much, her best friends, well ex-best friends hadn’t even known she was put through that torture. Inuyasha just looked at her, scared to speak. Kagome couldn’t take it though and though she couldn’t get out of his arms, she turned away her face and asked a simple request. “Inuyasha, please, don’t look at me.” her tears came faster so she closed her eyes but they came any way. Inuyasha pulled her closer and held her. She tried to get away again, but Inuyasha rubbed her back and she found herself crying into his chest.
“Kagome, it’s okay. You don’t have to tell me right now. I don’t mind, just please stop crying. It will be okay.” he said. Kagome sniffed and calmed down a bit more. Her fist clenching and unclenching the fabric of his red shirt. Her tears now made his shirt wet giving it a different shade in places. Inuyasha picked her up once more but instead of sitting on the bed, he went out onto the balcony. He sat down in one of the silver chairs with Kagome curled into his lap, not crying any more but whimpering softly. He stroked her head and sat there, shushing her like one would do with a small child until even her whimpering stopped. Inuyasha carefully turned her to look him in the face. Kagome’s tear stained face hurt him, but he had to know who was doing this.
“Kagome,” he started and Kagome looked down, her hands still locked into his shirt. “who did this to you? Please tell me.” he practically begged. Kagome looked away from her hands to the gardens. “Kagome please, I want to help you but I can’t do that if you don’t tell me who did this to you.” Her faced looked at him with a pained expression.
“My mother.”
Okay I hoped you liked that chapter! people through evil bunnies at the writer, complements of daddies lil angel Gez! I said I was going to make it a long chapter! I was just Joking! On with the fic. eyes the pink bunny trying to eat my shirt.
“Your what?!” Inuyasha almost screamed, but calmed down as her face tensed more. “ She did this to you? How long Kagome? Why?” Kagome untangled her hands and looked at Inuyasha strait in the face as her hands though untangled lay on his chest.
“I don’t really know, I have done not much. I sometimes get a little slow on my chores, and when I was littler I wasn’t able to reach some of the things she wanted. I don’t know.” Kagome sighed, tried to get off of Inuyasha’s lap but failed again against his strength.
“Your not going back.” he said after a while. Kagome looked at him in disbelief.
“W-w-what?” she asked. Inuyasha lifted his eyes that had been downward in a thinking process.
“I said you are not going back there, no way, no how.” Kagome couldn’t believe it. He just told her she wasn’t going home, her home. Sure it was hell, but wasn’t everyone’s life complicated in some way or another? This was her problem, not his. She didn’t want him to get involved.
“Inuyasha, I don’t have anywhere else to go. Don’t bother, I am used to it. I am a tuff girl. I have survived this long you know.” she said crossing her arms. Inuyasha looked at her so hard that her arms fell back to his chest as well as her face falling into uncertainty.
“You can stay here. I mean it, I don’t want you to go back there! I don’t want you to go back there Kagome! I don’t want to see any more scars on your beautiful skin and face.” He said, emphasizing his point by tracing the one by her eye. “I don’t want to see anymore cover up on this jewel looking skin. I know you’re a tuff girl Kagome, but please, let me do this for you! I mean, another big plus is you won’t have to see that asshole Hojo anymore.” Inuyasha said. Kagome looked at him, his eyes looked so clear that she could get lost into the violet soul that called to her, the care ness she felt coming from them that she felt her head nod a yes to him.
Inuyasha smile and stood up, making her lace her arms around his neck, as his hands held her in a bridal style once more. “Lets go and talk to my brother. If you like this room so much, you can have it. I know that he will allow you to stay.” he said. Kagome felt like she was going to faint again and put her head on his shoulder. Inuyasha was excited and smiled.
Kagome sat on the floor playing with a seven year old Shippo. They were in a well furnished office, one of Sesshomaru’s, as Inuyasha talked to the man himself. Kagome had seen Shippo and automatically became close to him. Luckily Inuyasha had warned Sesshomaru by his sent that he needed to stay in a human illusion and so both he and Shippo had their ‘outer’ looks about them.
Inuyasha explained what was going on to Sesshomaru as Kagome tickled Shippo. Inuyasha told Sesshomaru everything except for the fact she was a hanyou slash miko. He would tell him later when Kagome was not there.
“She may stay Inuyasha. I may be cold, but not that cold.” he said. He felt a weird aura coming off of her, wanting to know what it was. He did feel sorry for the poor creature, what ever she may be. She did not deserve those scars on her body, no matter what she had done. He would be sure to talk to his half brother about it in much more detail though, later.
“Thank you bro. I owe you.” Inuyasha looked at Kagome and winked. She stood up, fluffed Shippo’s hair, and went over to the desk. Instead of sitting down she bowed to him.
“Thank you Mr. Sesshomaru.” Inuyasha hit the floor. Mr. Sesshomaru? Oh boy., Sesshomaru on the other hand, was very calm because he was so used to it.
“Just call me Sesshomaru, or next time we may have to take Inuyasha to the emergency room.” Kagome smiled at that and let a small giggle out. “I hope Inuyasha has given you a good room?” Kagome nodded. “Well that is good. Don’t mind the people around here. The only ones you will really see is Rin and Shippo or me and Inuyasha. Don’t freak out to much. I hope that you will enjoy living with us, Miss. Kagome.” he said.
“Kagome, Kagome is just fine without the ‘Miss’.” Kagome said quickly. Sesshomaru put up his hand.
“No I insist calling a young woman of your beauty to be called that.” he responded slyly. Inuyasha growled, warning Sesshomaru to stay away from her. Kagome blushed, deaf to Inuyasha’s deep growling. “ Ja ne, Inuyasha.” he said. He knew there was something besides his brother’s good heart at work here, he was falling for her fast. It hadn’t slipped Sesshomaru’s eyes the medallion she wore around her neck.
“Ja mata.” Inuyasha said bit colder then his usual tone. “Shippo, you coming?” the little guy scampered after the two teens. They left the office that was on the third floor, and went to the elevator. Kagome didn’t know why they didn’t use the stairs but decided against it to ask. She smiled at Shippo who were playing with a toy yo yo. “So, when does your mother disappear so we can get your things, Kagome.” Inuyasha asked.
“Umm… well, around two thirty then comes home I don’t know when.” Kagome said shyly. The elevator beeped and they stepped out. Inuyasha led Kagome to her new room.
“Well, we will figure that out later. For now I can ask Rin if you can barrow her clothes for now. She is a year or two older then you and might have some that will fit.” Kagome nodded and said thank you quietly. Inuyasha looked at her and shrugged. “There is bathroom through this door, and then through this door there is a closet.” Kagome said nothing but stared at the ground.
Inuyasha sighed and came in front of her very close. “Kagome----” She cut him off.
“Thank you Inuyasha, thank you. You are the bestest friend a girl could ever ask for.” With that she hugged him. Inuyasha returned the hug.
“Your welcome, Kagome.” he said into her raven hair. It was official, Kagome was living in the mansion with Shippo, Rin, Sesshomaru and more importantly, Inuyasha. It was meant to be that way.
WOW! That was a long chapter to write! I hope you guys liked it. I worked really hard on it! Please read and if (please, please do) review! I love to hear the good and the bad from your perspective. Ask questions, and hopefully you will get an answer! Ja mata!
ShadowStar666