InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Royal Birth: Sequel to His Little Girl ❯ Planning ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Toga parted with Keiko as he returned to his son's study that was once his own. Stepping into the room he found Sesshoumaru still curled up on his side asleep on the pillow, only this time Rin was with him. From the looks of it, the young hanyou had found her father sleeping and had curled up into his chest and pulled his arm around her.
 
Carefully turning his son, Toga moved Sesshoumaru onto his back, Rin on top of him. He lifted his son into his arms and carried them both down the halls and into his room. Laying Sesshoumaru next to Kagome, Toga removed his son's boots and tucked him and Rin under the covers. Kissing his son's temple as well as his granddaughter's he left them to sleep. As he was turning to go the twins awoke and began moving about and making noise.
 
“You must be silent little ones, your mother and father need their rest,” Toga said as he looked at the tiny pups in the wooden crib.
 
When the pups failed to heed his order he lifted them both into his arms. Remembering how badly both his mates had reacted when he had taken the children from their room when the mothers were sleeping, he opted to stay. Sitting down next to the window in the rocker that Kagome had had made, he looked out upon the dark sky and rocked the children in his arms.
 
As dawn approached the tiny hanyou baby began to cry, she seemed so terribly frightened and Toga watched as her hanyou ears disappeared and pointed ears appeared on the sides of her head, blue stripes appeared on her cheeks and hands and her claws lengthened. She would be the one to break the rules wouldn't she? Instead of turning human like most hanyou did, she turned full youkai. The change seemed to scare her as she covered her ears with her hands and nearly clawed one of them off.
 
“Shh little one,” Toga whispered to the little girl as he held her close to his heart. “I know, everything's louder than before now isn't it? You're sensitive enough already to everything around you as a hanyou, but now everything is so much more sensitive isn't it?”
 
He rocked and petted the infants the male pup falling back to sleep easily, the female whimpering softly as her tiny hands fisted in his silk haori. A few moments later Sesshoumaru awoke to the sounds of his infant girl sobbing and whimpering and opened his eyes to see her being held by his father. Slipping from the bed, Sesshoumaru padded softly on bare feet across the hardwood floor and came to his father's side.
 
“Good morning pup,” Toga said to his son.
 
“Morning father,” Sesshoumaru said as he took his daughter into his arms. “She is youkai?” he said in astonishment.
 
“Yes it appears that unlike her uncle, she will change at dawn after the night of the full moon, and that instead of being human she is youkai.”
 
“How is this possible?”
 
“How was it possible for your mate to birth one youkai pup and one hanyou pup?”
 
Sesshoumaru chuckled softly and shook his head in bemusement, would everyone in his pack continuously break the rules that time had set. First his brother by becoming the strongest and most formidable hanyou ever to live. Then Kagome for her ability to reach across time, then again for taking in Shippou and raising him as her own. Than he, Sesshoumaru himself broke the unspoken rules by taking in Rin, by using his father's sword to restore her life and then taking her in and caring for her as his own pup when no one else would. And now he had one youkai pup with his hanyou sister who would turn youkai during her `time of vulnerability'. Though the question that now floated through his mind was, is she truly vulnerable now?
 
“I told you once when you were young Sesshoumaru, that you would be the one to break the rules, I see now that my prediction has come true.”
 
Sesshoumaru looked to his mate and pup that lay in bed together and then to his daughter in his arms, “Yes father it has.”
 
“Come son, leave them to rest, bring your daughter if you wish,” he said as he stood and laid the sleeping infant male in his mother's arms. “We need to discuss what to do about my brother.”
 
 
 
 
“Why is he taking this so far?” Sesshoumaru asked as he and his father sat in his study.
 
Toga sighed, “He challenged our father as well when he named me his successor. Maito, from the moment he was born, always acted as though he was owed everything in life. As though everything should be handed to him freely because he was born into youkai royalty. There were a few times that father nearly disowned him.”
 
“Why didn't he?” Sesshoumaru asked as he held his daughter who still seemed frightened of her change.
 
“Maito was smart in all the wrong ways. He was devious and underhanded in his techniques, ruthless when it came to what he wanted and manipulative when it served his will. When he knew that father was coming close to disowning him, he would go out, presumably to train, and would get himself hurt. I remember one time we had to send someone to retrieve him he was so badly hurt. After each time, father forgot his anger and frustration and would dote on him and personally tend to him until he was healed and strong again. Maito is a fool and a coward. He will make a direct challenge yes, but he will always choose a warrior to fight that challenge for him. Keiko made mention of Maito challenging you after I left you to sleep.”
 
Sesshoumaru nodded and stood up from his desk to walk around as he sensed Kagome coming down the hall with the other twin. His father stood as well when Kagome slipped into the room, passing her son to Toga as she took up her daughter and moved to the usual seat she took when breast feeding her children, the pillow Sesshoumaru had slept on the day before.
 
As Kagome fed her child, Sesshoumaru answered his father's question.
 
“Uncle appeared a few days prior to your appearance. He said he had come to see my pups, but when he saw Inuyasha,” Sesshoumaru growled low as he remembered the day's events. “He called my brother a stain upon his line, upon the silver-white inu line and earned my brother's ire. When he took my daughter into his arms Inuyasha became enraged.”
 
“How so?” Toga asked as he listened intently, holding the tiny male in his arms and allowing the child to play with his hand.
 
“I transformed,” Inuyasha said and the others noticed his presence in the room, he had stepped in as his brother finished his tale. “I became full youkai and held her as he tried to come for her. That was the first time that I've ever been totally aware of what was going on. My youkai was free, but I had control over my own actions.”
 
“That was about the time that I came in wasn't it?” Kagome asked as she rose from the pillow and moved to sit in her mate's lap as she continued to feed her daughter.
 
“Yes,” Sesshoumaru said and kissed her hair. “Kagome had come for our daughter to feed her, she walked in on us. When she did Maito grabbed her.”
 
“I was terrified, but I knew that neither of my puppies would let anything happen. Inu-chan had my little girl so I knew she was safe. He said he was going to kill me, called me a piece of filth. Shippou, my little hero, he's been learning how to change back from his youkai form. He was in his true form when he came upon us, latched his tiny jaws right onto Maito's neck.”
 
“Once Shippou was safe, Maito challenged me, well all of us really,” Sesshoumaru finished for her.
 
Kagome closed her kimono once her daughter was done feeding and burped her, handing the female off to her uncle when she whimpered and squirmed toward him.
 
“She's full youkai?” Inuyasha asked as he studied her.
 
“Seems she's breaking a few rules herself,” Kagome smiled with pride.
 
“Feh. That's `cause she takes after me.”

Toga chuckled at his youngest son and smiled before turning back to the discussion at hand.
 
“Maito will not fight you alone. He will forge an army to do his bidding.”
 
“An army?” Kagome repeated. “Does he hold any ties to any other lands or lords?”
 
“Not that I'm aware of,” Toga answered, “but then again I'm not the best person to ask. If he doesn't have any alliances though, he will probably find rouge youkai to do his bidding. From what I've been told about both of my sons, enemies may not be hard to find.”
 
“Damnit, why can't that bastard just die already?”
 
“Will you tell me now what bastard means?” Rin asked slipping in the room with her newest `baby' in her arms.
 
“Inuyasha you would do well to stop teaching my pup new words,” Sesshoumaru growled at his brother as Rin made her way over to Toga.
 
Toga smiled at the little girl and helped her to sit in his lap as he still held the tiny male pup in one arm. Rin smiled up at him and petted her bunny's fur as she studied her grandfather with wide curious eyes. Toga smiled down at the little hanyou child and stroked her ebony hair.
 
“Inuyasha,” Kagome said as her fear grew with the thought that struck her. “What if he sided with Naraku?”
 
“Fuck!” the hanyou cursed.
 
“What does fuck mean?” Rin asked and Sesshoumaru growled at his brother.
 
“Nothing important little one,” Toga answered the child and raised a brow at his hanyou son. “Who is this Naraku?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
“And if he is sided with this hanyou Naraku, then it could be more than you are able to handle?” Toga asked as Tiyeko, Kashu, Maika and Shippou walked into the room, Kashu carrying a tray of finger foods to munch on and tea.
 
“Naraku?” Kashu said warily. “I almost forgot about him, it's been so long since any of you have been out on jewel quests.”
 
“I know,” Kagome said worriedly. “It still worries me that Miroku and Sango and Kirara haven't returned. It's been longer than they said it would be. Sango promised no more than two weeks and it's been nearly a month. Have your scouts heard anything?” she asked her mate.
 
“No, I assure you, if I had received any news you would be the first to know.”
 
“What could be taking them so long?”
 
“I do not know.”
 
The rest of the day, up till the dinner meal was spent talking and planning for whatever attack Maito might make. Shortly after a shared family dinner, Sesshoumaru went out to inform his troops and assign them extra training in preparation.