InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Royal Birth: Sequel to His Little Girl ❯ Battling youkai and sacred arrows Part I ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
“Tell me that isn't who I think it is,” Inuyasha said to Sesshoumaru as the brothers stood wielding swords against incarnates and puppets of Naraku, the hanyou still not showing his true face in the fight yet.
 
“Bloody fuck!” Sesshoumaru snarled as he looked to where his brother's eyes were watching, their father standing on the other side of Inuyasha as he wielded Sou'unga.
 
Both younger brother and father snapped their heads to look at Sesshoumaru before returning their attention to the fight at hand.
 
“Damn Fluffy,” Inuyasha snarled as he cut through two youkai with his sword, unwilling to use the wind scar since the dragon and other youkai tribes helping them were in the midst of battle themselves and would be caught in the power of his sword. “I don't think I've ever heard you curse before - TeeeTSUEIGA!” the hanyou yelled as he slew five of Naraku's incarnates in one swing of his sword, the golden light flaring out as it turned them to dust.
 
“Oh holy hell!” Toga growled when he too noticed Kagome perched upon Ah-Un as she fired her sacred arrows into the battle below, saving and slewing youkai of her own. “What is she doing here?! I thought we sent them away!”
 
“We did!” Inuyasha yelled over the sounds of growls, yells, and screams of youkai being vanquished. “She returned. Probably figured we couldn't actually defeat the bastard without her here to purify the jewels shards he has.”
 
“Can we?” Toga asked unfamiliar with the forged hanyou.
 
“No,” Sesshoumaru said and then yelled out his mate's name as she was knocked off of Ah-Un's back.
 
“KAGOME!” Toga and Inuyasha yelled out as one shortly after Sesshoumaru called her name.
 
A loud truly terrifying screech tore through the skies as the white dragon taiyoukai, still in his true form, released a blazing stream of fire at the ground below as he flashed through the sky with unbelievable speed to catch the falling miko. All anyone on the ground could see was a falling girl whose screams almost matched the dragon's battle cry as he flashed through the sky in a blurring blaze of red and white to catch her.
 
“Ooof!” Kagome felt the breath knocked out of her as she landed face up on the dragon's back and raised her hands to catch her bow and quiver of arrows before sitting up and moving to sit above the dragon's shoulders. “Thank you my friend, now it's time to fight! Hit the spot!” she growled as she fired off an arrow coming at a youkai coming at her friend through his blind spot.
 
The arrow whistled through the air, pink purifying energy surround the simple metal and feather tipped weapon like an egg and the youkai screamed as it was sliced in half by the arrow's power. She breathed a sigh of relief as the dragon beat his wings fast and hard, lifting them higher in the sky. Looking down over the battle scene below, Kagome spotted her mate, best friend, and father in law and waved to them with a sheepish smile. She growled, her eyes glowing pink with her power as she saw Kagura below fighting one of Naraku's incarnates the youkai puppet trying to shove his hand through her chest to reclaim her heart and regain his control over her.
 
“Take us down fast!” she commanded her fried as she told him where to go.
 
Notching another arrow the miko took careful aim, her eyes glowing equal parts pink and blood red as her youki and miko energy combined to power her arrow even more. A deadly shrieking war cry sounded from the dragon she rode upon as she fired her arrow and killed the puppet seconds before snatching Kagura up in claw tipped hands decorated with glowing pink crests by the back of her kimono and tossed her up behind her on the dragon's back as he lifted them quickly into the air again releasing a deadly stream of fire as he did so.
 
“Kagome what the hell are you doing here?!” Kagura yelled at her friend as she noticed that the woman sitting in front of her was not only showing proof of her mating inherited youki but also that she was youkai as well.
 
Kagome's face and hands were decorated in glowing pink crests signifying her purifying miko power as a blue moon sat upon her forehead proudly telling all who would see it that she was Sesshoumaru's mate and none other. Her normally calm blue eyes glowed an amazing combination of the red of her youkai and the purifying pink of her miko's power as she notched an arrow and fired it off at yet another youkai, slaying it with far more power than the wind witch had ever experienced coming from the girl. Kagura found herself more than thankful that she was on Kagome's side and not on the receiving end of one of her arrows.
 
No wonder Naraku was taking such precautions and using so many puppets and incarnates. Kagome had become full youkai, at least for the time being who knew what would happen after the battle. Her youkai and human heart had combined; making her youki and miko energy ribbon, twist around each other and merge together to make a power that could only be matched by the inu clan combining all their swords. There was nothing more powerful than this miko now, this youkai warrior miko.
 
“You can't defeat Naraku without purifying the jewel! And I'm the only one who can find and purify the jewel!” Kagome yelled over the battle cries and screams of the fight going on below and around them. “He one of ours?” she asked Kagura as she saw a black bear youkai losing against a red one.
 
“The black bear yes, the red bear no,” Kagura answered her as Kagome fired her arrow at the red bear youkai off one side of the dragon as Kagura battled to the other side. “Dance of Blades!” Kagura yelled out as she snapped her fans at a grouping of black dragons coming at them. “Dance of Dragons!” she yelled when they still persisted the whirlwinds confusing and grounding some while others still persisted. “Kagome fire some arrows over here!”
 
Taking aim and sighting a jewel shard Kagome fairly howled her own battle cry as she released her arrow, Kagura using her control of the wind to bring the shard to them. Firing another arrow she gathered another one and purified both before apologizing to her dragon friend and using her claw to make a small cut in either wing before implanting the purified shards in his wings.
 
“Use their power against the others!” she shouted and felt the power of the shards surge through the dragon beneath her. “Don't worry about them being tainted as long as I'm on you they'll remain purified!”
 
The white dragon taiyoukai released another louder battle cry and opened his large jaws, releasing a wide spray of snow and ice at the black dragons that could only use fire, freezing their wings and making them useless until they melted.
 
“Kouga!” Kagome shouted and her dragon friend zipped through the sky that was beginning to darken until he was close enough for Kagome to snatch up the injured wolf and throw him onto the dragon's back between herself and Kagura, the wind witch helping to steady him.
 
“Kagome what are you doing here!” the wolf shouted at her. “Damnit you're pregnant!”
 
“And I'm the only one who can see the shards!” she shouted, her crests and eyes again glowing brightly as she fired off another arrow. “How badly are you hurt?”
 
“I'll be fine, you shouldn't be here!” he answered and growled in the same breath.
 
“Shut up about that!” Kagome snarled as she fired off another arrow. “My friend!” she called to the dragon and watched as one cobalt blue eye turned back to her. “Get ready to throw your fire again!” The great youkai nodded his head and Kagome could feel the rumbling of the power as it made its way through his body, up his neck and gathered in his jaws. “Now!” she screamed and fired an arrow, the sacred arrow merging with his fire and the combined power destroying five of the black dragon youkai in one go.
 
“You alright?” Kagura asked as Kouga leapt off to help some of his comrades in the battle.
 
“Yeah, but I'm about ready to show some of our enemies what morning sickness is all about!” the miko shouted and Kagura laughed heartily.
 
“Think it would get their attention?” the wind witch asked.
 
“Either that or piss em off!”
 
 
 
 
 
“Well at least she's holding her own!” Toga shouted over the battle sounds to his sons.
 
“Damn right she is!” Inuyasha yelled proudly.
 
“She's my mate hanyou, remember that!” Sesshoumaru snarled to his brother as he released a wave of his poison gas at the youkai gathering around him.
 
“Get down!” Inuyasha yelled out as he tackled his brother to the ground seconds before the place the taiyoukai had been standing and fighting desperately in exploded in a burst of pink purifying energy, the youkai that had been closing in on Sesshoumaru destroyed in a shattering of dust.
 
“Damn!” Toga said both stunned and made proud by the show of his daughter's power. “Nice shot!” he yelled up at her and watched her smile brightly before circling around on the dragon and coming up behind him and nodding fiercely at him seconds before he released a wave of power from his sword as Kagome released her arrow.
 
The combining force took down three of Naraku's incarnates, four of his puppets and a scattering of other youkai working on the hanyou's side. Nodding a thanks to her, Toga raced off to give aide to a nearby group six neko and lion youkai that were fighting hard, but losing against a gathering of various oni and mononoke being controlled by Naraku with tainted shards. Kagome fired off arrow after arrow as Toga swung his sword, the two working together to take them down and gather the shards.
 
“Miroku!” Kagome shouted out as she fired to of her arrows quickly into a swarm of Samyoushou that were flying into his wind tunnel with a scattering of other youkai, purifying the poison they held within them and saving her friend from harm.
 
“Thank you Lady Kagome!” the monk turned youkai shouted up at his friend.
 
“I have it on good authority that you have a healthy baby girl!” Kagome yelled down at him. “You better make it to see her and her mother!”
 
“Damn right I will!” he shouted Kagome smiling as she remembered the brush of Midoriko's voice in her mind as she left the village upon Ah-Un.
 
She watched Miroku as he fired off sutra after sutra, exercising youkai after youkai. “Miroku!” she yelled down at him as she fired off a few arrows, taking down the youkai nearest him. “Slash your claws at them and yell Iron Reaver Soul Stealer!” she commanded. “Just do it!” she yelled at his confused look.
 
“IRON REAVER SOUL STEALER!” he called out an attack that only Inuyasha had used before and slashed his claws watching as it brought down three of the youkai coming at him. “Thanks!” he called out to Kagome and continued on in battle taking down youkai with his sutras, claws, and wind tunnel.
 
“That's it,” Kagome said to Kagura as they rose higher in the sky. “When this is over I'm taking a good long soak in the hot springs.”
 
“Oh, I'm with you there!” Kagura agreed vehemently.
 
Using the power of the jewel shards Kagome had put in his wings, the dragon rose up high before diving unnervingly fast at a sharp angle. His fire and ice cleared the way of several youkai in a wide sweep as he used his jaws and razor sharp teeth, snapping his jaws closed around a red dragon's body that was much smaller than his own causing the red dragon to release Ginta from his own jaws, as Kagura used her power of the winds to sweep the unconscious wolf youkai up onto the dragon's back.
 
He released a burning surge of fire from his mouth as he held the dragon in his jaws, dropping the charred bones to the earth below shortly there after. The wolves, black and golden bears, golden lions, assorted colors of neko and panthers and white dragon youkai moved quickly out of the way when Kagome shouted for them to do so, her power flinging them from the fight as she called to Inuyasha to use his sword as the white dragon lifted quickly into the sky. Three shouts and uses of the wind scar later, and two back lash waves and the fight seemed to be over.
 
:Take them out: Kagome heard a kind voice command in her mind and saw the dragon's blue eyes looking at her. Nodding she apologized as she again cut into his wings and removed the shards from them. :Thank you: she heard the voice say as he landed upon the ground with a shaking thump and Kagura jumped off to see to the injured as Kagome felt herself lifted down by the dragon's tail.
 
“I'm a little tired,” Kagome said breathily as her eyes rolled back in her head and she collapsed the dragon taiyoukai catching her in his arms as reverted to his humanoid form. “Wow,” Kagome said as she felt herself caught in his arms, “you're really pretty,” she said before passing out completely.
 
The dragon taiyoukai chuckled heartily before swinging his friend up in his arms and holding her to his chest as he walked toward her pack. He stood a head taller than Sesshoumaru; his nearly iridescent silver hair and gleaming snow white skin glowing in the full moon's light as his ice blue eyes looked down upon the woman in his arms, his white and gold kimono glowing in the night making him look like a ghost. Even in her exhausted sleep Kagome thought that her friend in his humanoid form reminded her of the way Shiori's mother described the man that had fathered her hanyou daughter.
 
The taiyoukai chuckled as he handed her over to her mate.
 
“Thank you Keitarozou-sama for protecting my mate in battle,” Sesshoumaru said as he cradled Kagome in his arms not yet noticing her glowing crests and blue moon upon her brow.
 
“She is quite powerful that one,” he said with humor though he meant every word. “Spirited too. I've met none other with power like hers.”
 
“Yes,” he said and then growled softly. “Stubborn too. I told her to stay away.”
 
“Let me ask you this Sesshoumaru-sama. While she was upon my back, she made comment that without her the jewel could not be purified and as such Naraku could not truly be defeated. Is this true?”
 
“Unfortunately yes. I wish it weren't though, I'd rather her be safe and away from the battle.”
 
“Well it seems that whether you want it or not, she is here and will be battling with us. I can keep her out of the fight as much as possible if you would let her battle upon my back as she has done today.”
 
“Yes, it will be so.”
 
 
 
 
A.N: Part two will be up soon, hopefully.