InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Step in Life ❯ A Lady!? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Zephyr: Hey hey! Tis been a long time since this was updated... heh heh heh... I've been addicted to FFX-2 all week... ::shrugs:: Tis a very very good game! ^-^

Soujiro: ::sips tea:: I would know... she sits in front of the T.V. playing it instead of doing her homework like she's supposed to...

Zephyr: Sou-chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!! But I liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike my game! School's ikky!!

Soujiro: So...

Zephyr: That's it, we're getting you in high school!!!!!!!! ::storms off::

Soujiro: Greeeeeeeeeeeeat... ::runs off after her::

Disclaimer: You think I own InuYasha! ::starts laughing manaicly:: You've got to be joking! I don't own anything really!

Last time on A Step in Life:

"Kawaii!" she cooed snuggling with my ears and hair.

Chapter 2: A Lady!?

~*Normal POV*~

`Now look who's falling over the girl! "Miroku sneered as InuYasha shoved the girl off him. "I do NOT fall over girls!" InuYasha shot back getting up. "Except Kikiyo," "What'd you say?!" "Nothing nothing..." "Now young one, what's your name?" Sango asked sweetly to the demon-child. "My name is Lady Zephyr Luana Minamino," Zephyr replied and bowed to the group. "A lady, well I'll be... but why are you here? There are no castles near here. We are in the middle of central Japan," Miroku pondered as Kagome popped up and corrected him with, "Feudal Japan." "Whatever," he shot back. "Anyway, there aren't any lords or ladies with the name Minamino... so what gives?" InuYasha growled as he pouted by the newly made fire. They decided to camp out in the field and Kagome and Sango were setting up a tent that Kagome had brought this time. "Oh, I don't have a last name, so I made one up!" Zephyr perkily replied as she smiled cutely, "Anywho, who are you guys?" "I'm Kagome Higarashi and this is InuYasha, Miroku, Sango, Shippou, and Kirara," Kagome said as she pointed the group out. "Ohayo! Nice to meet yah!" Zephyr smiled and bowed again. "What is it with the formality? She isn't related to the southern lord... their kitsune. The Western is Sesshomaru who is inu, and the eastern is Kouga and the okami. She's just a neko..." InuYasha thought angrily as Sango asked, "So Zephyr, what're you?" Zephyr looked up at Sango curiously and asked, What do you mean?" Sango sighed and replied, "I mean you aren't human, you're demon. What type?" "Oh......... OH! I'm half cat demon and..." I knew it! She can't be a Lady... there aren't any neko royalty!" InuYasha butted in as Zephyr finished, "And half dog demon..." and glared at InuYasha.

Everyone was silent for a few minutes. It's not everyday you hear of a cat/dog demon mix. Actually... it was practically unheard of! "Uhhhhhhh yeah... I'll take it even further... she'd have to be related to Sesshomaru or I and that's out of the question. Her hair's platinum and her tail's black. None of my family have black anything, except hair," InuYasha stated promptly. "But she does have the crescent moon of Sesshomaru... doesn't that count for anything?" Kagome asked peering at the marking. InuYasha glanced at Zephyr's forehead and then pounced forward and started furiously rubbing on the symbol. "What're you doing InuYasha?" Kagome sighed as she started rummaging through stuff. "This symbol... must be fake... so I'm trying to... rub it OFF!" InuYasha replied as he continued his actions. "Umm... do you mind? That's irritating and I'm afraid all you're gonna do is draw blood... too late," Zephyr trailed on as she watched silver blood drip down from her crescent moon. A few minutes later Zephyr's forehead was bandaged up and InuYasha was in a crater. "What's this strange thing on my head?" Zephyr wondered as she poked it gently. "It's called a band-aid. It's to keep you from getting sick." "Oh... but I don't need this..." "Mmmm... why do you say that?" "Because one, I hardly get sick. Two..." Zephyr ripped the bandage off, showing no trace of a mark except her crescent moon. "Wha..." Kagome said startled and then stared in awe. Everyone peered at Zephyr's forehead in wonder. The crescent moon was glowing softly. "Now I know she's not related to Sesshomaru or I. Her crescent moon glows, Sesshomaru's doesn't," InuYasha sharply remarked as he walked out of the gathering and into the forest to hunt for dinner. Kagome dragged Zephyr towards the tent muttering about getting different clothes for her so Miroku would stop staring.

After a few minutes of going through clothes that would it the young demon-child Kagome asked, "How old are you?" " Which age?" Zephyr replied, she stood covered by only her tail wrapped around her body. "Demon and human," Sango trailed as she rummaged through the shirts and pants. "28 demon years... 14 human," Zephyr replied while looking at the weird articles of clothing. "Hmmmmmmmmm you're very tiny in size so some of my clothes won't fit you. And her put this on... these are some of my old undergarments... and don't worry, they're clean," Kagome tossed Zephyr a pair of undergarments as she dug through her bag. Zephyr stared at the clothing weird before finally putting the underwear on her head. Sango giggled at the sight of the demon-child with the undies on her head before Kagome showed her how to put them on. Zephyr stared in wonder before shrugging and rummaging through the piles Kagome was looking through earlier. While nobody was looking, she materialized a pair clothes into her hand and turned to face Kagome and Sango. "What about these?" she asked cutely. Sango and Kagome dumbfoundly looked at the clothes. "Those aren't mine... I don't even think they exist in my time," Kagome awed as she felt the material through her fingers. "It's so soft... like silk. Wow! Now I'm jealous" Zephyr turned around, slipped on the clothes, and faced the two dumbstruck girls. The outfit consisted of a silver tight fitting silk top where on one side it had a long flaring out sleeve and the other had just a piece that stretched around about an inch of her arm. The top only went to just above her stomach. Her pants were pitch black and baggy. On both sides were two back to back pockets that closed by the use of a snap, one side's higher than the others. On the left side was a chain extending from the regular pockets at the top of the pants, curling around one side of one leg and out the other and hitching onto the second pockets on the other leg. She also had on her gold armlets and black sneakers and socks that she had found in Kagome' s bag. Her wings were gone but two black cat ears replaced the missing appendages on her head.

Outside Miroku, InuYasha, who had just returned with a deer and was cleaning it, and Shippou were waiting by the fire. "What's taking them so long!" InuYasha snarled as he cut the hide off the deer. "Patience InuYasha, they are fixing up Zephyr. These things take time," Miroku whispered from his meditation. Shippou just looked at Miroku with this look that plainly said, "Yeah right..." and started to walk into the tent. "No way runt! If we can't go in then you can't either!" InuYasha snapped and yanked Shippou back by his tail. "Hey! Let go of my tail! Kagome! InuYasha's trying to hurt me!!!" InuYasha dropped Shippou with a quick `feh' and retreated to the deer. Shippou ran into the tent and was a bit stunned by what he saw. "Kagome... I didn't think you had those clothes." "Neither did I... Shippou! What are you doing in here?" "InuYasha was being mean!" Zephyr looked at the little kitsune and instantly her eyes lit up. "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww aren't you just the cutest thing!!! Kawaii!!!" She giggled as she pet Shippou's tail. Shippou was thrilled to get all the attention and pampering by the neko. She picked him up and happily skipped out the tent. InuYasha and Miroku looked at Zephyr as she skipped by with Shippou in her hands and groaned. Shippou stuck his tongue out at InuYasha and relaxed in Zephyr's arms.

~*Zephyr's POV*~

I sniffed the air around me to see who was nearby. I smelled InuYasha, Miroku, Sango, Shippou, Kagome, and Kirara. But I also smelled a human, another inu, a dragon, and an okami. I just ignored the okami since he was coming this way anyway and ran towards the inu smell. I ran through forest at a fast pace through trees, bushes, water, and tall grass. "Geez, yah think he coulda made it easy to find him... but nooooooooooo he just had to be evil." I growled as I scratched myself on a sharp rock. The wound healed almost instantly so I wasn't worried. Finally after about running for a good 10 minutes and wasting my time, I made it to a small clearing full of flowers with a young girl and a two-headed dragon. `I came all this way to find pansyville and it's inhabitance: a midget and a pansyass dragon... greeeeeeeeeeat' I groaned as I walked up towards the girl who was gathering flowers in her arms. About 5 minutes later of staring and waiting for her to notice me, she finally saw my shadow and turned around to face me. She giggled instantly and started spouting out a bunch of nonsense about me and if my ears were real. "Can Rin touch your ears?" she asked cutely. I sighed and bent down, carefully so I didn't squish Shippou and let her feel my ears. "They"re soft!" she giggled and bent down and picked up her flowers. I had to admit, she was kinda cute and this place smelled just like an inu had been here. So he might come back. "Why are you here alone with a pansy dragon?" I asked staring at the two-headed dragon. It growled at me, to which I snarled back in response. "That's Ahh and that's Uhn! They're nice dragons! They're Sesshomaru-sama's dragons!" She replied pointing out the dragon heads as she spoke. "Isn't he like the Lord of the Western lands? Why are you with his pansy dragons?" I asked while rocking back and forth. "Sesshomaru-sama takes care of me! He's really nice. Can I pet your fox friend?" She begged with big round cute brown eyes. I sighed and gently nudged Shippou. He opened his eyes sleepily and stared at me. "What'd you wake me for?" he whined as I set him on the ground. "Have fuuuuuuuuun," I sang as I laid down on the grass and relaxed. Shippou stared at the girl in front of him and smiled. "I'm Shippou! I'm a kitsune!" He said as he stood up proudly. "Really!? I'm Rin!" And so the children started a game of tag while I relaxed under the warm sun.

~*Sesshomaru's POV*~

I walked through the forest towards the valley where I left Rin quietly. Over my shoulder was a deer that I had killed for dinner. In my pocket, a young baby rabbit curled up. I had found it in a small grove and thought Rin might enjoy it. I couldn't say why, but I was attached to her. I don't even know why I saved her. She was a test for Tenseiga at first but then I guess I grew attached to her like my own daughter. I shrugged it off as I reached the valley. I looked behind me, noticing that I had lost Jaken somewhere, and walked through the remaining brush. Ahead of me was Rin and a young kitsune kit playing tag. In the grass laid a neko/inu youkai, strange enough. I quietly walked over to them and dropped the dear quietly. The neko/inu child was sleeping peacefully. Rin squealed and ran over to me and hugged my leg. I rubbed her head and looked at the kitsune, who now had stopped and was frozen in fear. I smirked and walked over to him quietly. The kitsune, I think his name was Shippou but I couldn't remember, flinched and ran over to the neko/inu child and quickly roused her. She groaned and sat up with a tired look and glared at the kitsune. "Shippou! Why'd you wake me! I was having a good dream..." She complained as she caught sight of me. She stood up and walked over towards me and checked me over. Rin, who had ran off a few minutes ago, came running back with some flowers. She handed a bunch to me, and two to the kitsune and the neko/inu child. I was guessing that she was either waiting for me or just wanted to relax here and watched Rin either way. Ahh and Uhn were bound and tied to the ground. "Hmmmmmmm... you look normal enough... who are you?" the neko/inu child asked as she circled me. "I am Sesshomaru, Lord of the Western Lands," I informed her as she jolted up in shock. "Cool... I finally get to meet someone of royal blood," She cheered and did a weird little dance, "Anyway, My name is Zephyr Luana Minamino! And that is Shippou." "How are you neko and inu at the same time? It's almost unheard of," I inquired. She shuffled nervously around a bit and finally replied, "Well, my otousan was a great inu youkai and my okaasan was a beautiful neko." She looked down sadly and gently swayed back and forth. "What happened to them?" I asked solemnly as she stopped shifting. "They died... when I was very young," She crouched down and started twirling the flower Rin gave her in her hand.

After a few minutes of silence, Jaken came running out of the brush followed by a rather large badger looking thing. "My lord! Help me!" he squaked as he hid behind my leg. I was about to slay it to protect Rin when Zephyr walked up to it and glared at. "Sheik!!!!! What're you doing now!?" She yelled at the thing. After a closer look, I saw that it was a two tailed flying fox thing. "What am I doing, what're you doing here!" it yelled back. "I'm getting some relaxation! Without you around pestering me!" "Well excuse ME!!" "Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah why do I even bother with you!" "Ummm because I'm the smarter species here..." it tried to point out as Zephyr glared at it. "Ummmm, what is that?" I cut in and pointed at the fox. "This smartass animal is Sheik. He's mah retainer and is more annoying than fly. He's a two tailed flying wonder. Be careful or he'll bite yah in the ass…" Zephyr sneered as she glared at Sheik. "Yeah yeah yeah... babysitting a demon-child isn't my idea of a holiday either!" "Then leave! I'm 14 years old! I'm not a child! Get it through that thick head of yours" I just stared at the pair bickering like idiots. Jaken walked up to the neko/inu-child and observed her. "What am I? A sideshow freak or something!" She snarled as she flexed her hand.

~*Very very quick Jaken's POV*~

`Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, she looks like her but it can't be. We all though she had been killed in the war. She looks remarkably like our young lady Zephyr. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm coincidence or just a misunderstanding...'

~*Zephyr's POV*~

I stared at the stupid little toad youkai as he circled me like a hawk. After about the fifth time, it got old so I snatched his staff and started repeatedly bashing him on the head with it. After my little bashing fest, I picked up Shippou, said goodbye, and ran off to catch up with InuYasha and the gang. Sheik flew a few feet away from me, but he still trailed. I guess he doesn't want to get hit in the head with anything nearby... smart lad! But where's the fun in that? So I pulled up a long stick from the ground and stuck it in some passing trees that happened to be lined up perfectly. I shrugged and ran off, laughing when I heard Sheik hit the stick and start threatening me. "Love yah too!!!" I yelled back and ran off smiling. I soon reached the camp and entered quietly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Zephyr: ::comes back with a happy content look:: There, well Chapter 2 is finished. I should have the next chapter up within

the week. I gotta work on another update!

Soujiro: I can't believe she enrolled me in her high school...

Zephyr: Don't worry Sou-chan! You'll love mah school! Especially mah friends!!!!

Soujiro: No not the crazy tora!!!

Zephyr: Yeeeeeeeees, the crazy tora and okami both!!!!!!!

Soujiro: ::cries::

Zephyr: I'm sowwy Sou-chan!!! ::gives Sou-chan a hug::

Soujiro: Hold me...

Zephyr: ::Mesa sorry... I won't give yah to mah friends..

Soujiro: Promise...

Zephyr: Yes. Well, R+R!! Ja!