InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Tale of Ever After ❯ Chapter 10

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]


I do not own InuYasha or any of the characters created by Rumiko Takahashi


Chapter 10

After closing the door, Kagome stepped back up on the raised floor and got a drink of water from the water bucket. “I think I'm tired,” she said, lifting the ladle up and taking a long drink. “I love them all, but sometimes, it’s nice after everybody leaves, too.”  

She let the ladle fall back in the bucket and looked around. Bending down, she picked up a stray tea cup and straightened a floor mat, then moved back to where InuYasha was sitting at his place by the fire pit.

InuYasha's ear twitched in her direction as she talked, and he nodded slightly, but didn't say anything.  She looked at him fondly, with a small, but curious smile, then turned to wash up the tea dishes.   While she worked, he poked at the fire, knocking the coals around so that as the wood burned down, the flames would die down but continue to give off heat.  

He sighed. Although he had tried fairly successfully to hide it, he had been wanting everybody to hurry up and leave not long after everybody had finished eating. The house was so full, he felt closed in.  But now the room that seemed too crowded a few minutes ago felt almost too large.  Now instead of a busy group of friends,  it was just Kagome and him, and they were alone again for the second night of their new life.  The enormity of what it meant was crashing down on him once again, to be living the reality of what he had dreamed of for so long, and he felt  overwhelmed by it, almost too overwhelmed to move.

Sensing his mood shift while she dried the tea cups, Kagome hurried to finish then came and sat down next to him and rested her head on his shoulder.   InuYasha didn’t move.

“You seem far away. I’m sure you’re not thinking about the story I told, right?” Kagome said. She picked up and twirled a lock of his hair around one of her fingers.

“No,” he said, uncrossing his arms and wrapping one arm around her waist. “Already knew what kitsune were like.”

Kagome snuggled closer and let her hand rest on his thigh.   He looked down and stared at it, uncertain what to do.

“So what are you thinking about?” she asked.

He swallowed. “Everything.”

“Everything is a big subject.” Her fingers began to draw patterns on his leg.

“Yeah.” His free hand found hers, stilling it as he closed his fingers around it.  He gave it a  little squeeze, but didn’t say anything else.

She turned to look at him a moment, then rested her head back on his shoulder. “You can tell me about it, you know.”

They sat there quietly for a few minutes while he struggled to find the words he wanted to say.  Kagome let him find his own way, merely resting against him.

Finally, InuYasha swallowed and took a deep breath.“I feel like my head’s spinning,” he said at last. “Today, people stopped by to congratulate us instead of chasing us away.  Today, people came to my house to sit around the fire and eat and tell stories, like at a real dinner party. Old man Daitaro even left us a jug of saké. Usually people are scared to death if I even touch saké, like they think I’ll turn into a monster if I take a sip.  He left a whole jug.  Stuff like this doesn’t happen in my world.”

“Evidently it does now,” Kagome said.  She sat up and kissed him lightly on the lips, and then stood  up and walked across the room.  He watched her, how her black hair was highlighted by the dying firelight, how her garments swayed as she moved.  With grace, she went to where she had stowed their bedding and rolled it out. Watching her stirred him, and he could feel the tingles of want start to rise.

Not looking at him, she unfastened the clothes that Sango had given her, beginning with the blue and white wrap skirt with its bold print. Folding it, she placed it on the clothes chest. As she unfastened the obi of her beige kosode, InuYasha stood up, his right ear twitching nervously, still feeling unsure, but strangely, empowered at the same time. He took his sword out of his belt. Rolling her shoulders first, Kagome slipped out of the dress, wearing only her thin white undergarment. He padded up silently behind her, laid his sword down next to the chest, and then wrapped his arms around her.

The touch of her warm in his arms pushed him over some threshold, surging to drown out all the apprehension and doubts. “Life is never going to be way it was before yesterday, is it?” he said, brushing her hair to one side, exposing her neck. Breathing in her scent, he closed his eyes, letting his mouth graze her skin there, planting small kisses.

She relaxed into his hold, closing her eyes at his touch and tilting her neck to the side to give him better access. “No. Never.  And I never want it to.”

His hands slid over the soft fabric of her under kosode. “Me either.” His voice was husky, and soft and tickled her ear. “You think you can deal with it?”

She trembled lightly as he cupped her breasts through the thin cloth. “If you can.” Her hands slid down behind her, trailing the sides of his thighs.

He pulled the neckline of her kosode open some to give his lips better access to the base of her throat, then slipped a hand beneath the white cloth. She gasped lightly as he ran the pad of his thumb across her nipple while his hand wrapped around the soft, warm mound.

“I guess I could get used to it,” he said. His breath teased as his tongue traced the outline of her ear. “Some parts of it are very, very good.”

“You haven't eaten my cooking yet,” she said, managing to pull away enough to turn around and face him. “I remember how you used to talk about my cooking.” Her eyes were dark and heavy lidded, wanting but amused. Her smile challenged him, inviting him to come play.

His arms accepted the challenge, and moved, it seemed, on their own accord, pulling her close. His mouth found hers and devoured her hungrily. “Don't care,” he said. “We'll eat Sango's cooking until you learn.”

Cupping the back of her head, he deepened this kiss, his tongue dancing with hers until her knees grew weak. She broke for air, and pulled back to move her hands to his chest, even as he whined a little at the separation. Smiling, she unfastened the ties to his suikan.

“Time to get undressed,” she said. The look she gave him was playful, but her eyes left no doubt to what she wanted, sultry and inviting.

Not taking his eyes off of her, he stepped back one step and hurriedly removed his suikan and kosode and dropped then on the chest. With just the slightest hint of a knowing smirk, she knelt down by the edge of the futon, and unfastened the wrap to her under kosode, then slid the garment slowly over her shoulders, revealing creamy skin and soft curves.

“Woman,” he groaned. He struggled with the knot to his hakama as he watched her fold her undergarment in the dim light. Her pale skin contrasted with the blackness of her hair cascading down her back. As she turned back to face him, he focused on one lock of hair that strayed curling across her shoulder, accentuating the line of her throat, coming to rest at the top of one of her breasts. Suddenly, all he wanted to do was trace that piece of hair with his finger, with his tongue. He watched it, unmoving, mesmerized.

Kagome broke his chain of thought by moving to fold the coverlet back and then sliding under it.

Taking a deep breath, he finished undressing and slid into bed next to her. “Kagome,” he whispered as he wrapped his arms around her, half leaning over her.

“How about this?  Do you think you could get used to this?” she asked. Her arms circled his neck, losing themselves in the silver of his hair, pulling him nearer.

“Damn it, yes,” he said. His mouth found hers, again demanding and needy, and she opened her lips to him in ready surrender. “And never get enough.”

He kissed a line of fiery kisses down her throat and down to the white skin of her bosom as he ground himself against her thigh. She closed her eyes, arched her neck back and moaned, and spread her legs for him.

As he ran his finger along the wonderfully soft skin he found there, she opened her eyes and gave him the sultriest of smiles.  “Welcome to your new world, InuYasha.”

He decided, as they became one again, he liked this new world he was discovering very much.