InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Tale of Kagsha ❯ Reveations and Bonding ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Inuyasha. There are so many things I never had a chance to say and, for that, I am so sorry. At this time, you must have realized a vital truth-Kagsha is your daughter, my daughter, our daughter.

I know you don't remember what happened. I was too much of a coward to tell you. I am sorry. If you'll let me, I will remedy that now.

A month before I left, we, you and I, were attacked on our way from the well to the village by a bear youkai. In the course of the fight, you were disarmed and, in trying to protect me, you turned full youkai. I was taken to your home and made your mate.

I know you we'll enough, Inuyasha, to know that you are at this moment giving yourself all sorts of derogatory grief. Let me set you straight: I love you and I wanted this. The reasons that I left were because: one, you would have reacted strongly and, I believe, adversely. Two, Naraku is still alive and loose, meaning that Kagsha and I would have become major targets in order to damage you, and your life has been hard enough for me to add more grief to it. Three, I was afraid of what would happen to us, to all of us, if the truth was unleashed.

Inuyasha, I love you, but I know that you have a habit of taking the blame for everything. Knowing you, you'd make it seem as if you and your youkai side had raped me. That is not true. Inuyasha, everyday, I've kicked myself for not having told you, for not giving you a chance to meet you daughter, for not telling you everyday that I love you. I ask your forgiveness for leaving you, for hurting you, for taking your daughter from you, for not telling you, for sealing the well, and for everything else I have done.

I ask for only one favor: please, Inuyasha, even if you have come to hate me, please care for Kagsha. She does not need much in the way of protection, but in care, in love, in friendship, in all the things she will need in the way of nurturing, please look out for her. I know that it is a lot to ask, but, please, Inuyasha, it is my last request.

I love you and I wish I'd have had the chance to tell you to your face.

With all my love,
Kagome.

Inuyasha folded the letter, tears streaming down his cheeks. Kagome... He looked down at Kagsha, who had fallen asleep in his embrace and smiled. She was just like Kagome, a product of being reared by her alone, but with a sharper side, much like his own. He couldn't help the rush of paternal pride as he thought back over the two weeks since he'd met her. He realized that she had learned how to fully use her hanyou powers. From experience, he knew that it was difficult, but maybe Kagome had been able to explain to her what to do...

Kagsha snored softly and shifted in her sleep. As Inuyasha was preparing to lay her down so she could sleep more comfortably, she jerked awake. "Hey...."

"Hey back..."

She yawned. "Ok... Let's go!" Kagsha stood up, her legs a bit wobbly, but her resolve strong.

"Are you crazy? You haven't slept in a full day! Lay down, rest, and then we can keep going."

"No. We have to get there before Sango and the others or they could get hurt..."

Inuyasha walked up to her and grabbed her by the arms. "If you insist on going," He swung her onto his back. "Hold on!"

Kagsha gripped Inuyasha's haori tightly as he started running. "Aww, come on Dad! Let me down! I can run!"

Inuyasha smiled, he liked being called "Dad". He grabbed on to her tighter and jumped, enjoying her reaction: a slight squeak and a sudden hug. He grinned. Life was suddenly looking better than it had for years.

With the rest of the pack...

Shippo was sitting on Kilala's head, rubbing her right ear as he held a one-sided conversation with the giant cat about the two humans behind them. The humans in question were in the middle of a heated battle. Miroku, being the letch that he was, had caressed Sango's rear end then, when she had turned around to slap him, he'd stolen a kiss. She had tried to retaliate with Hiraikotsu, but the monk had a tight hold on the lower string and was not letting go in an attempt to remain conscious for as long as possible.

Before the battle could turn into a make-out session, which both Kilala and Shippo would do almost anything to avoid, Shippo spoke up. "Do you think she's done it yet?"

Both humans looked at the fox kit. "What do you mean, Shippo?" Sango asked, opening her arms to the kit.

He jumped into her embrace. "Kagsha. Do you think she's told Inuyasha that he's her father?"

Miroku smiled softly. "Even Inuyasha is not dense enough to not notice how like him she is. With the amount of time they've spent together alone, yesterday and today, he has^ to know..."

Shippo nodded, but he was worried. Inuyasha never has been the smartest one...