InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Woe of Endless Swarrow ❯ What happened ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

" What the hell was I thinking when I kissed her!" Sesshomaru scolded him self. He lied down on the futon in his room, cursing him self silently. " I must be crazy!" He sighed and ran his finger down the side of the pillow his head was resting on. " But then again it felt so natural. Holding her there in my arms." He though to him self. " Ha" he laughed mentally " what am I saying, she's a human it could never work between us" his train of thought was interrupted by a soft knock at the door. "Hun, who is it?"

"Lord Sesshomaru?" A familiar voice called.

"Yes Rin, what is it?"

"Would you like to have dinner now?"

"No thank you Rin I'm doing something right now. Maybe later."

"Yes my Lord" and with that she walked away from the door. Sesshomaru listened to her footsteps until they could no longer be heard in his part of the castle. Sesshomaru sighed again and turned his head to look out the window. The view from it was so beautiful, his window gazed upon a large garden of wonderful white roses with the occasional red thrown in the mix. It was an amazing sight but it paled in the thought of Kagome. `Why can't I stop thinking about her? Maybe…maybe I am in love.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

"Oh Sesshomaru where are you?" Kagome wondered as she walked through the cold forest.

If you could be here

Just in my arms

I would hold you

Forever and

Never let you go.

If I could hold you

Just for a minuet

Even if it's the last

Time I hold you close

To me and we are one

If you could be here

In my arms just,

Just in my arms.

Kagome had been walking now for three hours and still no sing of him. She felt so alone and bewildered. Her heart sank into a deep depression. Kagome could feel the tears well up in here eyes. She sank down next to a tree reaping in her own sorrow. She had her head between her knees when she heard something behind her. Kagome jumped up hoping that it would be Sesshomaru but instead she saw that it was indeed Kikyo. Kikyo looked at her interestingly.

"What do you want?" sobbed Kagome as she snake down again. Kikyo just stared at her then smirked lightly.

"What's funny?"

"Oh, nothing just that it is pathetic to see you here crying over someone as unworthy as Inuyasha."

"Well for your information I'm not crying over him O.K. so you can just go and leave me alone."

"If you're not crying over him then who or what are you crying over?" Kikyo sat down next to Kagome and looked into her eyes trying see what was wrong. Her heart went out to the poor girl and she put her arms around Kagome and hugged her. Kagome was a little shocked by what Kikyo did but hugged her back and began to sob into Kikyo's shoulder.

"Tell me everything" Kikyo said in a sweet soft voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Inuyasha set nervously at the Gods tree tapping his knee; he placed his head between his knees and stared at the ground. `Kagome what was I thinking earlier, I must have been out of my mind, oh Kagome what have I this time I really screwed up bad'. Inuyahsa's ears perked up at the sound of someone sobbing off in the distance. He got up and fallowed the sound of the sobbing person. He fallowed it to a small clearing in the woods. He noticed the two figures sitting by the tree; he looked at the faces and realized that it was Kagome and Kikyo. He quickly hid behind a tree, as they began to speak, and listed to what they were saying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Kagome had finished with her story and was now crying heavily into Kikyo's shoulder. Kikyo patted Kagome on the back and assured her that it was going to be all right. "Kagome it is ok if he truly loves you he will come for you and as for Inuyasha don't worry about him he is just a big jerk that cares for no one but himself." Kikyo looked up from Kagome when she heard a low growl come from the trees. "So Inuyasha, come to spy on us have you? Well you might as well come out from the trees we know you're here."

Inuyasha walked out from behind the trees and stared at the two of them. Kagome looked at him but quickly turned away from his gaze when his eyes meet hers she broke out in another fit of tears. Kikyo glared daggers at him and went to comforting Kagome.

"What did I do?" he asked innocently. Looked at the now very depressed Kagome. Kikyo patted her on the back reassuringly.

"Inuyasha you jerk how could you do something like that and then come over here and say that you don't know what is wrong." If looks could kill Inuyasha would drop dead from the look Kikyo was now giving him. Inuyasha blushed as he remembered what had happened earlier he turned his head and looked away. He was ashamed of what he had done. He turned to walk away but turned back to look at Kagome. "Kagome I'm sorry for what I did I really am." Kagome turned his head to look at him she saw that he really was sorry for what had happened earlier. She nodded her head as to tell him that she accepted his apology. Inuyasha smiled at her jester and walked away. Kagome look at him walk away and then turned to Kikyo who was right next to her.

"Thank you Kikyo for helping me." Kikyo smiled and nodded.

"Anytime you need me I'll be here for you, O.K." Kagome nodded and they said goodbye and Kikyo walked off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Kagome sat there next to the tree for quit a while just thinking. She finally moved when she heard a sound coming from the bushes near by.

"Who…whose there" she asked into the darkness? She heard a soft snicker coming from the bush and without warning Naraku jumped out at her and on top of her.

"Hello my little miko" he said with a sly grin on his face.

"Naraku what do you want?"

"Well isn't that easy I want you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Well that's it for chapter 2 hope you liked it please review!